Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 'Fire Resistance' is 'Fire Retardant'?, Confusing Terms

views

TSPassiveEnergy84
post Aug 11 2014, 04:00 PM, updated 10y ago

2 posts

I just wants to clarify whether the terms of 'Fire Retardant' and 'Fire Resistance' refers to the same meaning? If not, then what is the difference between the two terms?

Is it all radiant barrier products must certified as Fire Retardant Class '0'? If they are not certified as Fire Retardant Class '0', then they can't be installed for the radiant barrier purpose? What if the installation is in non-fire sensitive area like the open area (food court, paveway, etc.), do the radiant barrier product need to certify as Fire Retardant Class '0'?
tengster
post Aug 11 2014, 04:17 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,612 posts

QUOTE(PassiveEnergy84 @ Aug 11 2014, 04:00 PM)
I just wants to clarify whether the terms of  'Fire Retardant' and 'Fire Resistance' refers to the same meaning? If not, then what is the difference between the two terms?

Is it all radiant barrier products must certified as Fire Retardant Class '0'? If they are not certified as Fire Retardant Class '0', then they can't be installed for the radiant barrier purpose? What if the installation is in non-fire sensitive area like the open area (food court, paveway, etc.), do the radiant barrier product need to certify as Fire Retardant Class '0'?
THey sounds the same but different.

In UBBL, we normally refer them as fire resistance than fire retardent. Both terms can be defined that they can withstand heat up to certain temperature to 2 timeframe.

FOr example a 200mm brickwall with 12.5mm plaster on both sides is certified to have 4 hour fire resistance.

ANother example, that material is fire retardant. It can last at least 30 minutes for 300Celsius or so......example.......

As for your question, you gotta be more specific. Certain application in open area requires fire resistance equipment.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0110sec    0.37    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:03 PM