Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Bride to be in 2015, Malay Mixed Marriage Johor Bahru

views

TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 11 2014, 02:30 PM, updated 10y ago

Getting Started
83 posts

Hi everyone!

So, my bf and I are planning to get married in 2015, God-willing, in April of 2015 or somewhere next year.

I am overwhelmed with a lot of things as I live and work in KL but we are both planning to have our wedding in JB because most of my family/friends are in SG. I can't do it in SG because, obviously, our budget is not in SGD but in RM. LOL!

Another issue is that my bf is also overseas right now, so it isn't easy to talk to him and set dates easily, therefore, we liaise through Whatsapp, Skype/Oovoo, Email and etc. LOL! Once his job approves of his leave, he will be visiting me and my family (in KL & SG) to plan out everything, go for our English Islamic Marriage Course in ABIM (Ampang, KL) and settle out some of wedding errands in JB (do bookings/put the deposit for Tok Kadi, look at Event Venue, Catering and Bridal houses)

My Wedding Details

No. of pax: 200-300

Tentative Date: April 11th, 2015 or somewhere in 2015

Event: Solemnization/'Nikah' from 12:30noon - 5pm. Then, the Reception/'Sanding' will be after 8pm onwards

Theme: Base color in 'Champagne' with little pop of colors of a 'Peacock' (dark navy blue, fushcia pink, dark purple and dark green turquoise) Bridesmaids/close friends will all be wearing 'Navy Blue' whereas the guests/family from both sides will be wearing 'Dark Green Turquoise'.

Bridalwear: Planning to rent (One couplewear for Solemnization (Champange/Ivory shade) and another one for Reception (Plum shade) or if making some is cheaper than the rate, will opt to make them then

Makeup Artist: I am still in search for the right one that has the makeup techniques for a bride that I like (can nego within my budget)

Henna Artist: I'd love it if she could come the night before my wedding day to do my henna, both on my hands and feet. Anyone knows who's the best in JB?

Hotel/Dewan: I need it closer to the Custom Checkpoint near Woodlands to JB. I would love it to be within my budget. Definitely not RM100 per head, the lower the better. Doesn't have to be a lavish ballroom- anything convenient from a simple air-conditioned hall to a nice Halal restaurant is fine too.

Catering: Needs to be authentic Johorean taste, but if hotel provide catering, I'd have to find a good one that provides excellent tastes (if not, the pakciks and makciks who will be attended from afar will start complaining about the food sleep.gif So, i'd rather that they are happy with the foods served during our wedding so everyone could be happy!)

Videography/Photography: I am wondering if Ministry of Moments would come down to JB to capture every sweet moment during our wedding. If they do, I'd need to find out how much is their fee

Wedding Planner: Anyone can recommend me someone in JB?

Wedding Deco/Lighting: Need help to know which company in JB is reliable and does proper job (meaning stick to their words type of crew)

Wedding Cake: Would love cream cheese frosting on plain vanilla cake/butter cake. Not a fan of buttercream or fondant. Anyone knows a bakery in JB that does amazing cakes?

Wedding Favors/Berkats: What's the latest thing to give to our guests in our time now? I'm thinking of the traditional bunga telur for Solemnization and then someone nice for everyone during the Reception.

Trying to know everything and plan it all out but being far away from the location of the wedding can be inconvenient.

What's your say about my concerns? Please don't be shy to drop your opinions here okay! \\(happy.gif)v

Thank you <3

This post has been edited by colormeprettyy: Aug 11 2014, 04:30 PM
lucifah
post Aug 11 2014, 02:36 PM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Staff
7,932 posts

set a budget and keep it firm

then reduce your targeted expenditure 20% below your budget. you will need the 20% headroom for all the unplanned, minor expenditures which do accumulates

it will be a stressful few months, so always try find time to chill out

the last thing you don't want is both of you quarelling over petty matters since both of you are worn out

final pc of advice: if u can afford it, get a reputable wedding planner.

congratulations!
whyseej00
post Aug 11 2014, 02:38 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

Www.planyourwedding.my

I know wedding planner in KL/selangor only sorry

This post has been edited by whyseej00: Aug 11 2014, 02:38 PM
TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 11 2014, 04:26 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(lucifah @ Aug 11 2014, 02:36 PM)
set a budget and keep it firm

then reduce your targeted expenditure 20% below your budget. you will need the 20% headroom for all the unplanned, minor expenditures which do accumulates

it will be a stressful few months, so always try find time to chill out

the last thing you don't want is both of you quarelling over petty matters since both of you are worn out
final pc of advice: if u can afford it, get a reputable wedding planner.
congratulations!
Yes! These are good advices, will take these into action.

Contemplating on the wedding planner cos I'm not in JB so he could run errands for me while I'm working here in KL.

And Thank You! smile.gif

This post has been edited by colormeprettyy: Aug 11 2014, 04:26 PM
TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 11 2014, 04:28 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(whyseej00 @ Aug 11 2014, 02:38 PM)
Www.planyourwedding.my

I know wedding planner in KL/selangor only sorry
Okay, no worries! Hope to get more feedback from those who know of any.
Xander-G
post Aug 11 2014, 04:33 PM

Casual
316 posts

are you ready to become a mum?
MechaLEE
post Aug 11 2014, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
148 posts

congrats, btw i believe u r muslim?, so i'm letting u know some information........ u can get incentives from gov, not sure which one u can qualify....

http://mes.selangor.gov.my/modules/news/ar...93#.U-h_G_mSyls

http://www.maiwp.gov.my/i/index.php/perkhi...mi/agihan-zakat
(14. Bantuan Perkahwinan section)

http://www.mais.net.my/index.php?option=co...nsan&Itemid=187
(10. Saguhati Perkahwinan section)
lucifah
post Aug 11 2014, 05:00 PM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Staff
7,932 posts

QUOTE(MechaLEE @ Aug 11 2014, 04:43 PM)
congrats, btw i believe u r muslim?, so i'm letting u know some information........ u can get incentives from gov, not sure which one u can qualify....

i believe she is not qualified for those assistance tongue.gif

TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 11 2014, 05:15 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(Xander-G @ Aug 11 2014, 04:33 PM)
are you ready to become a mum?
Yes, we are both very ready for children.

This post has been edited by colormeprettyy: Aug 11 2014, 05:15 PM
TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 11 2014, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(MechaLEE @ Aug 11 2014, 04:43 PM)

Yes, I am a Malaysian Muslim but born in Singapore. I'll take a look! Terima Kasih.
TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 11 2014, 05:17 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(lucifah @ Aug 11 2014, 05:00 PM)
i believe she is not qualified for those assistance tongue.gif
Aw! Really? =( Why not?
mastering
post Aug 11 2014, 05:25 PM

42 posts

One big advice for wedding preparations, stay calm. There are bound to be conflicts and I have seen a fair share amongst family and friends, and sadly some did not make it pass this stage.

I wish you good luck and congratulations biggrin.gif
lucifah
post Aug 11 2014, 05:50 PM

St. Fu
Group Icon
Staff
7,932 posts

QUOTE(colormeprettyy @ Aug 11 2014, 05:17 PM)
Aw! Really? =( Why not?
i believe you are quite well off smile.gif

TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 11 2014, 11:34 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(jolene30 @ Aug 11 2014, 05:18 PM)
please pm me for more details as i have some contact for wedding planning
Are you based in JB?
TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 11 2014, 11:41 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(mastering @ Aug 11 2014, 05:25 PM)
One big advice for wedding preparations, stay calm. There are bound to be conflicts and I have seen a fair share amongst family and friends, and sadly some did not make it pass this stage.

I wish you good luck and congratulations biggrin.gif
Definitely good advice here! Thank you!

If I could, I would just want to get solemnized in a mosque to simply seal the deal but my family doesnt want it to be a talk amongst relatives and other friends. Plus, being the only daughter and sister in the family, they really want a proper wedding. Doesn't have to be lavish but enough to be called a wedding- to see me walk down the aisle and be on the dias with my husband to be.

Thankfully, my bf is very understanding and I definitely will help him by not going over board. Simply try to make my parents understand to not waste money when I can use that for our future property/children.

Lots to consider and follow within budget, thus, why I only invite 200 very close loved ones.
TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 11 2014, 11:43 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(lucifah @ Aug 11 2014, 05:50 PM)
i believe you are quite well off  smile.gif
Just a hard worker. Slave every all day, gotta keep hustlin and grindin as they say!
germinechan85
post Aug 12 2014, 07:44 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(colormeprettyy @ Aug 11 2014, 02:30 PM)
Hi everyone!

So, my bf and I are planning to get married in 2015, God-willing, in April of 2015 or somewhere next year.

I am overwhelmed with a lot of things as I live and work in KL but we are both planning to have our wedding in JB because most of my family/friends are in SG. I can't do it in SG because, obviously, our budget is not in SGD but in RM. LOL!

Another issue is that my bf is also overseas right now, so it isn't easy to talk to him and set dates easily, therefore, we liaise through Whatsapp, Skype/Oovoo, Email and etc. LOL! Once his job approves of his leave, he will be visiting me and my family (in KL & SG) to plan out everything, go for our English Islamic Marriage Course in ABIM (Ampang, KL) and settle out some of wedding errands in JB (do bookings/put the deposit for Tok Kadi, look at Event Venue, Catering and Bridal houses)

My Wedding Details

Event: Solemnization/'Nikah' from 12:30noon - 5pm. Then, the Reception/'Sanding'  will be after 8pm onwards

Theme: Base color in 'Champagne' with little pop of colors of a 'Peacock' (dark navy blue, fushcia pink, dark purple and dark green turquoise) Bridesmaids/close friends will all be wearing 'Navy Blue' whereas the guests/family from both sides will be wearing 'Dark Green Turquoise'.

Bridalwear: Planning to rent (One couplewear for Solemnization (Champange/Ivory shade) and another one for Reception (Plum shade) or if making some is cheaper than the rate, will opt to make them then

Makeup Artist: I am still in search for the right one that has the makeup techniques for a bride that I like (can nego within my budget)

Henna Artist: I'd love it if she could come the night before my wedding day to do my henna, both on my hands and feet. Anyone knows who's the best in JB?

Hotel/Dewan: I need it closer to the Custom Checkpoint near Woodlands to JB. I would love it to be within my budget. Definitely not RM100 per head, the lower the better. Doesn't have to be a lavish ballroom- anything convenient from a simple air-conditioned hall to a nice Halal restaurant is fine too.

Catering: Needs to be authentic Johorean taste, but if hotel provide catering, I'd have to find a good one that provides excellent tastes (if not, the pakciks and makciks who will be attended from afar will start complaining about the food sleep.gif So, i'd rather that they are happy with the foods served during our wedding so everyone could be happy!)

Videography/Photography: I am wondering if Ministry of Moments would come down to JB to capture every sweet moment during our wedding. If they do, I'd need to find out how much is their fee

Wedding Deco/Lighting: Need help to know which company in JB is reliable and does proper job (meaning stick to their words type of crew)

Wedding Cake: Would love cream cheese frosting on plain vanilla cake/butter cake. Not a fan of buttercream or fondant. Anyone knows a bakery in JB that does amazing cakes?

Wedding Favors/Berkats: What's the latest thing to give to our guests in our time now? I'm thinking of the traditional bunga telur for Solemnization and then someone nice for everyone during the Reception.

Trying to know everything and plan it all out but being far away from the location of the wedding can be inconvenient.

What's your say about my concerns? Please don't be shy to drop your opinions here okay! \\(happy.gif)v

Thank you <3
Please pm me if you want to have some special door gifts or favors for your guest. I am able to help you with it. Design and budget negotiable.
TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 12 2014, 12:32 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(germinechan85 @ Aug 12 2014, 07:44 AM)
Please pm me if you want to have some special door gifts or favors for your guest. I am able to help you with it. Design and budget negotiable.
What kind of doorgifts do you offer?

Is there a thread or a website to see what you have?
germinechan85
post Aug 12 2014, 04:10 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(colormeprettyy @ Aug 12 2014, 12:32 PM)
What kind of doorgifts do you offer?

Is there a thread or a website to see what you have?
You can visit my blog at eventdoorgift.blogspot.com. This are some of the sample but if you need some favor box with candy or chocolate then let me know so that I can show you some of the sample
TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 12 2014, 04:19 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(germinechan85 @ Aug 12 2014, 04:10 PM)
You can visit my blog at eventdoorgift.blogspot.com. This are some of the sample but if you need some favor box with candy or chocolate then let me know so that I can show you some of the sample
I'll take a peep! Thank you.
TScolormeprettyy
post Aug 19 2014, 02:57 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

Perhaps, we should have different sections for different cultural weddings.

Like:

Chinese Wedding
- Kuala Lumpur
- Johor
- Penang
- Melaka
- Kelantan
-etc

Malay Wedding
- Kuala Lumpur
- Johor
- Penang
- Melaka
- Kelantan
-etc

Indian Wedding
- Kuala Lumpur
- Johor
- Penang
- Melaka
- Kelantan
-etc

Mixed/Multiracial Wedding
- Kuala Lumpur
- Johor
- Penang
- Melaka
- Kelantan
-etc

To make it easier for all.
uturn
post Sep 4 2014, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
85 posts

Hi colormeprettyy, my sister goin to have her wedding in JB. From what i gathered, there's lotsa places that could easily cater your number of pax.
If you're looking at hotels.. there's puteri pan pac, grand paragon n thistle..to name a few. There are also halls like the dewan jubli intan (most famous for weddings), while the newest is the hall inside the English College School.
A wedding planner would set you back at around rm24k (was quoted for my sister) for the whole she-bang...(u just need to provide the door gift).
Hope this helps.
TScolormeprettyy
post Sep 18 2014, 11:40 AM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(uturn @ Sep 4 2014, 10:10 AM)
Hi colormeprettyy, my sister goin to have her wedding in JB. From what i gathered, there's lotsa places that could easily cater your number of pax.
If you're looking at hotels.. there's puteri pan pac, grand paragon n thistle..to name a few. There are also halls like the dewan jubli intan (most famous for weddings), while the newest is the hall inside the English College School.
A wedding planner would set you back at around rm24k (was quoted for my sister) for the whole she-bang...(u just need to provide the door gift).
Hope this helps.
It feels like I DO need a wedding planner especially since we're doing this planning from a distance. RM24k for the whole package sounds reasonable. I've gotten the quotes from the hotels, and I'll also look into the dewan jubli intan and the hall in english college school.

My dad's friend recommended me a place in JB called Sangkar Kristal too. We'll look into it there as well.

Thanks for your generous info!

Flawless1
post Sep 20 2014, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
115 posts

Hello colormepretty. Ive help organised a mixed marriage event- Reception and Nikah- 2 different days in my family.

The most importnt thing is to make evryone present comfortable. Not just to make it a Muslim or a Malay thing, but a Malaysian thing.

I can giv you some notes if you want to.
TScolormeprettyy
post Sep 20 2014, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(Flawless1 @ Sep 20 2014, 12:06 PM)
Hello colormepretty. Ive help organised a mixed marriage event- Reception and Nikah- 2 different days in my family.

The most importnt thing is to make evryone present comfortable. Not just to make it a Muslim or a Malay thing, but a Malaysian thing.

I can giv you some notes if you want to.
I'd love to have some pointers. That would help a lot!

Thank you!
lobak
post Oct 15 2014, 01:04 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(colormeprettyy @ Aug 11 2014, 02:30 PM)
Hi everyone!

My Wedding Details

Event: Solemnization/'Nikah' from 12:30noon - 5pm. Then, the Reception/'Sanding'  will be after 8pm onwards

Thank you <3
Hi gal, congratulations on your up coming big day!! Mix marriages are awesome! (I myself am in one wink.gif ) Anyway, I can help out in the wedding favor portion if you'd like. I am in the all natural handmade body/bath products, and my company does supply wedding favors on top of having our own product line. Our favors include -> natural handmade soaps, body lotion, salt scrubs, body scrubs, and even bath salts! Let me know if you are interested, we can work out a customized package specially for you smile.gif Here's my facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/ChemByK. If you are interested, do PM me. All the best in planning!!
Attached Image
TScolormeprettyy
post Oct 15 2014, 01:21 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(lobak @ Oct 15 2014, 01:04 PM)
Hi gal, congratulations on your up coming big day!! Mix marriages are awesome! (I myself am in one wink.gif ) Anyway, I can help out in the wedding favor portion if you'd like. I am in the all natural handmade body/bath products, and my company does supply wedding favors on top of having our own product line. Our favors include -> natural handmade soaps, body lotion, salt scrubs, body scrubs, and even bath salts! Let me know if you are interested, we can work out a customized package specially for you smile.gif Here's my facebook page : http://www.facebook.com/ChemByK. If you are interested, do PM me. All the best in planning!!
Attached Image
How pretty! Thanks for your recommendation. I will take a look at it smile.gif
lobak
post Oct 15 2014, 01:28 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(colormeprettyy @ Oct 15 2014, 01:21 PM)
How pretty! Thanks for your recommendation. I will take a look at it smile.gif
Thank you! Have fun planning smile.gif If you need contacts to a photographer, wedding invitation card supplier, and make up artist, do let me know. I used their services planning my wedding last year and they were amazing to work with smile.gif All the best!
TScolormeprettyy
post Oct 16 2014, 01:13 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(lobak @ Oct 15 2014, 01:28 PM)
Thank you! Have fun planning smile.gif If you need contacts to a photographer, wedding invitation card supplier, and make up artist, do let me know. I used their services planning my wedding last year and they were amazing to work with smile.gif All the best!
Where was your wedding's location? Mine would be in JB, it's kind of hard to find vendors online based in JB only. I'm living and working in KL, so it's definitely tough.
lobak
post Oct 16 2014, 10:41 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(colormeprettyy @ Oct 16 2014, 01:13 PM)
Where was your wedding's location? Mine would be in JB, it's kind of hard to find vendors online based in JB only.  I'm living and working in KL, so it's definitely tough.
My wedding was in KL, but the vendors I worked with (make up artist & photographer) can travel to different locations. Anyway, I'm based in KL so we can work together quite easily for planning of the door gifts. smile.gif

This post has been edited by lobak: Oct 16 2014, 11:15 PM
TScolormeprettyy
post Oct 17 2014, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(lobak @ Oct 16 2014, 10:41 PM)
My wedding was in KL, but the vendors I worked with (make up artist & photographer) can travel to different locations. Anyway, I'm based in KL so we can work together quite easily for planning of the door gifts. smile.gif
Oh wow! Who is your makeup artist? For video/photo crew, I've been loving the work of Ministry of Moments. You can check them out here. I have my doorgifts for both nikah and reception settled by my mom who's based in SG so she will handle all the little details for the wedding and it's a lot easier since she's a lot closer to JB.

I'm interested to see your wedding pics. Feel free to share if it's not a problem. Thank you! xo

This post has been edited by colormeprettyy: Oct 17 2014, 03:06 PM
lobak
post Oct 20 2014, 12:10 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(colormeprettyy @ Oct 17 2014, 03:05 PM)
Oh wow! Who is your makeup artist? For video/photo crew, I've been loving the work of Ministry of Moments. You can check them out here. I have my doorgifts for both nikah and reception settled by my mom who's based in SG so she will handle all the little details for the wedding and it's a lot easier since she's a lot closer to JB.

I'm interested to see your wedding pics. Feel free to share if it's not a problem. Thank you! xo
I used Jocelyn Tan, you can find her on FB -> JocelynTan Makeup

Photographer I used Andy Lim, you can check his work out on his page -> www.emotioninpictures.com

no worries on the wedding favours! good luck! smile.gif
jackieloo111
post Nov 12 2014, 04:13 PM

27 posts

Hi girls!

I found this really awesome site kaodim that lets you find and compare photographers, videographers, makeup artists and a lot of other service providers. I put in a request for a photographer for my pre-wed pics and I got introduced to 4 different photographers who gave me quotes to compare prices with. They also had profiles and links to their FB site, instagram etc so I could see all their past work. They don't disclose your phone number to the service providers so you don't get many calls from all the different providers. You get to choose who to call. The kaodim service is free for users and I'm using them for so many things now, lots of home stuff like renovation, cleaning and all. They're growing and adding more services so you guys should really check it out!

a_and_doubleu
post Nov 19 2014, 07:24 AM

6 posts

Hi ColorMePretty, for gown, there's one called Belle Couture. (http://bellecouture.com.my/)

For makeup in Johor, there's two listed here (http://recomn.com/businesses/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=Makeup+Artist&locations=Johor)

Someone here also mentioned Andy Lim for photographer. He really has a lot of references from his ex-customers (you can see if you visit the site above and search for photographer), so should be a good choice.

Hope this helps!

TScolormeprettyy
post Dec 2 2014, 05:30 PM

Getting Started
83 posts

QUOTE(a_and_doubleu @ Nov 19 2014, 07:24 AM)
Hi ColorMePretty, for gown, there's one called Belle Couture. (http://bellecouture.com.my/)

For makeup in Johor, there's two listed here (http://recomn.com/businesses/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&query=Makeup+Artist&locations=Johor)

Someone here also mentioned Andy Lim for photographer. He really has a lot of references from his ex-customers (you can see if you visit the site above and search for photographer), so should be a good choice.

Hope this helps!
Nice, I'll look into these! Thanks!

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0222sec    0.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:38 PM