MMO EVE Online (F2P)

views

sumjs_5624
post Aug 11 2014, 10:20 AM

7 posts

Not sure where to categorize DUST 514 (the current version), it kinda touch on:
- MMORPG
- FPS

There's a sub-forum for FPS category. Should the DUST-bunnies create one in there? (Or perhaps wait for Legion update when the player base increased more from PC players)
sumjs_5624
post Aug 11 2014, 10:42 AM

7 posts

Request: Corporation Advertisement

House of Nim-Lhach [HN-L]

In-Game Contact : Fronty Jia
Info: Null sec PVE + PVP
Corp: House of Nim-Lhach (hnlar.enjin.com)
Status: New freshies are welcome to join us. As long you're willing to learn, we'll guide you to adapt in null sec space and get rich (in-game) when you're well established.

In-game recruitment chat channel: Nim-Lhach Den

sumjs_5624
post Aug 12 2014, 11:04 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(mrg220t @ Aug 11 2014, 10:06 PM)
What happened to you guys House of Nim-Lhach [HN-L]?
I thought you were in the Fratenity?
Yes, HN-L is still a member of Fraternity alliance.
The advertisement requested in the previous post is for potential new capsuleer members [posting it up for TS to update the 2nd post section], not recruiting a corp as a whole. (If I interpret your doubts correctly)

This post has been edited by sumjs_5624: Aug 12 2014, 11:06 AM
sumjs_5624
post Aug 12 2014, 11:38 AM

7 posts

In the previous alliance before Fraternity, we were in Catch.
sumjs_5624
post Nov 11 2014, 06:30 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(mrhulk @ Nov 11 2014, 03:28 PM)
technically we got many many servers (planetary systems AKA "solar" system), but we can move to other server (planetary system) easily without re-login....

in short answer, yes....only got 1 world...
To add:
- Each planetary system is unique in terms of it's name and the contents within it
- All planetary systems are directly and indirectly linked together via jump gates, you can visit ALL planetary system within the game (provided you survive the journey). The only exception is the off-limits Jovian space region.
- How many planetary systems are there? Answer: >5400 (The World of EVE, each dot represents one planetary system)
sumjs_5624
post Nov 20 2014, 12:59 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(pjsplayez @ Nov 19 2014, 03:46 PM)
Is this game good? also 4mb connection can play ? This game is released on 2003 right?
Is this game good?
Different players have different expectation for this game. Get a 21-day trial from any of us here to experience it yourself. You may think 21 days is a long period but you'll be only skimming the surface with that duration given. In case you love it and convert from trial to active, you'll keep all your stuffs during trial plus some goodies from your trial provider (remember to negotiate with him/her what will be given beforehand, some older players just pass on everything they get from the trial reward system to you)

To make this game a better experience for you, get in touch with a player group and join a corporation (aka: guild/clan). Having senior players provide advice and guidance is way better than solo your way through the complex part of the game. (But beware of players who scam new players, there are only a small number of this type of players compared to the helpful ones but always be on your guard)

also 4mb connection can play?
Yep. This game does not require a superb connection to play. The essential is stable connection like any online game. Connection bandwidth requirement might increase if you participate in a huge warfare.

This game is released on 2003 right?
Yep. It's been constantly updated throughout the years so don't worry about crappy graphics/visuals is you're concern about that. Computer specs requirement to play this game is very low. Though it's better to have a good rig if you want everything at max settings.

QUOTE(pjsplayez @ Nov 20 2014, 03:09 AM)
i heard that we need to have decent amount of pocket to play this game coz it have monthly fees? how much the monthly fee?
Like what been stated in the previous posts, the basic monthly fees is 14.95 USD. It gets cheaper if you opt for multiple months subscription. Another alternative is to earn in-game currency to buy PLEX from the in-game player market. As it is mentioned, the PLEX route would be difficult for new players. (Not impossible though, if you're in hardcore mode right from the start. Or you can be a celebrity within EVE to earn massive donations. Or you can scam other players to be rich. Or you have a talent in trading/marketing by getting your starting modal somewhere and use the money to make more money. There's hell lot of options out there if you could work your brain out.)

*Don't get the trial from me currently as I'm on leave from EVE to complete my RL project. Best to get the trial from someone you can stay in contact within EVE and ask them to be your mentor.
sumjs_5624
post Nov 20 2014, 07:00 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(pjsplayez @ Nov 20 2014, 04:32 PM)
What is CCP?
The name of the company that develop and publish EVE Online. Based in Iceland.
Link: CCP Games (Wikipedia)

QUOTE(pjsplayez @ Nov 20 2014, 04:37 PM)
BTW anyone here ever heard or played Planet Calypso?

Is EVE is about the same with planet Calypso?
Totally different. You 'mainly' control spaceships in EVE as oppose to control a human body. Even then, it's not the usual dogfight style spaceship control. It's more like an overall tactical control on your spaceship.

Here's a beautiful scene of what it looks like from an EVE Online player perspective.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

sumjs_5624
post Nov 20 2014, 07:36 PM

7 posts

Can't see you in the vid. In your golden pod? brows.gif
sumjs_5624
post Nov 20 2014, 08:20 PM

7 posts

Ahh....in a golden spear I see (poking a golden brick nod.gif )
sumjs_5624
post Nov 23 2014, 12:44 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(shiung111 @ Nov 22 2014, 11:04 PM)
Hi there, just came here from watching the new "This is Eve" trailer. It made me really interested, mainly the PvP.

How many Malaysian guilds/clans/teams (whatever you call it) are there in Eve Online because I really wanna jump into it. Preferably noob-friendly!  biggrin.gif
Get a trial (either 14 days from website or 21 days from players here) to start off and poke around.
It's best to reach us through in-game chat channel: "kopitiam" or "Singapore Eve". [Go to channel tab > join the channel by input the channel title I've given here]
The veterans online in the channel will guide you through which corporation to join depending on your interest/expectation. Alternatively, you can directly in-game mail to "Fronty Jia" as "House of Nim-Lhach" corporation is still looking for fresh blood.

*Since you've mentioned PvP would be your interests, I'll need to let you know in advance that the main contribution as a new player is not firepower (you won't be able to use big guns efficiently until later time). What you can do best in the early stage would be as a fleet support:
- Providing tactical information (scouts)
- A force multiplier (electronic warfare, logistic)
- Front-line meat shield, if you're a daredevil (tackler, bait)
sumjs_5624
post Nov 25 2014, 11:00 PM

7 posts

Using the normal account directly from EVE website, it's 14.95 USD per month. It's about 35% ~ 50% cheaper on steam in Malaysian Ringgit (MYR) depending on the package you're going for. However, note that the price difference will change depending on currency exchange rate OR any price revision by steam in the future. As sikong mentioned, once you use a steam account, you won't be able to change into normal account.

Current PLEX market price: EVE Central - PLEX
sumjs_5624
post Nov 25 2014, 11:33 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(buzzfizz @ Nov 25 2014, 11:12 PM)
because currently im using a trial account. can i transfer into steam?

whats the difference between a normal account and a steam account
Nope, you can't transfer into steam account from trial. Both account type access the same tranquility server. The only differences is (if I'm correct, need clarification from steam account users) steam account will need to access the game through steam client, so don't mess up your steam stuffs if you want to ensure everything works properly.

QUOTE(Steam)
Purchasing a Starter Pack will initiate the creation of a new EVE account. This account cannot be combined with any existing EVE account(trial included) and has to be accessed separately through the Steam client.

sumjs_5624
post Nov 26 2014, 01:54 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Celestia @ Nov 26 2014, 01:04 PM)
what happen to SJ?
Busy picking up soaps tongue.gif
Jokes aside, he's taking a break.
sumjs_5624
post Nov 27 2014, 12:16 PM

7 posts

Steam account for EVE Online is on sale now. Freaking bloody cheap.

RM9.50 to start a new one.
Price of subscription for 1 year: RM187 (~RM15.50/month)

Whoever has money to burn and wanna get an/multiple alt(s) for your main account, here's your chance.

*For comparison,
Price of subscription for 1 year regular account: 131.40 USD (~10.95 USD/month)

This post has been edited by sumjs_5624: Nov 27 2014, 12:18 PM
sumjs_5624
post Nov 28 2014, 10:40 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Chaseleon @ Nov 28 2014, 05:47 PM)
Hi there. Because of the sale, I'm gonna buy an EVE subscription on Steam. Probably going to start with Minmatar. Not gonna be playing til like mid December though (exams), so what should I set to train since I have about 15-20 days of training to fill before I can really start playing?

Looking forward to playing with you guys in future, hahah.
I'll suggest focus on the core skills, these skills applies to any ships you'll pilot. (this would be on the assumption you'll be doing PVE/PVP combat, mining/industry/trading would require different skill set)

Core skills:
- Powergrid management
- CPU management
- Capacitor management, capacitor emission system
- Navigation
- Targeting management, signature analysis
- (Any other advance skills from "Engineering, Navigation, Targeting" skill-group, order them in a way you think which will be more useful to you first)

Weapon skills: (Assuming you're using minmatar ships with emphasis on projectile weapons)
- Small projectile turret (for enhancing autocannon/artillery turrets)
- Any skills that affects "turret" weapons from the Gunnery skill-group

Defense skills:
- Look into Armor and Shield skill-group. Focus only on one of them in the early stage. (Calling for Minmatar vets to guide him on this, I'm no Min pilot)

Skill training tips:
- DO NOT rush to pilot big badass ships like Battleships until you have the core/support skills trained up. Rushing for big ships is equivalent to upgrading your "real life" fishing ship into aircraft carrier ship, but that aircraft carrier has no radar, no fighters, no combat boat, etc. Just a useless aircraft carrier hull floating in the sea waiting to be sunk by others.
- There's no need to rush for max each skill (Level 5) unless you're very sure you want it to be. It only takes about 20% of total time to train for 80% skill efficiency (Level 4).
sumjs_5624
post Dec 1 2014, 12:15 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(deyamato @ Nov 30 2014, 11:48 PM)
some stupid question here , i just seen cheaper offer for starter pack from steam @ RM9.50 . and beside that whats the difference between PLEX and Subscription ?
- Subscription is as what it means. This'll add game time access to EVE Online directly to your account.
- PLEX is a "ticket". An in-game commodity. Can be converted into game time for the character/account holding the "ticket". Can be traded within the market of EVE between any players. For those who handle it carelessly, it can be stored in ships and transported in space, risking it to be looted by other players or destroyed in the process (gone forever).
sumjs_5624
post Dec 10 2014, 04:59 AM

7 posts

Video time 1:01
"DEATH to clone grades", me gusta drool.gif
sumjs_5624
post Dec 12 2014, 12:09 AM

7 posts

The trial you get from us will be using the non-steam account. If you plan to subscribe through steam, any progress in the standard account can't be transferred to steam account (exception for items that can be traded).

Info sourced from Amazon
Premium pack includes:
- Core Starter Pack
- Colonist Add-on
- Explorer Add-on
- Industrialist Add-on
- Skirmisher Add-on
- Abaddon Tash-Murkon Battleship skin
- Hyperion Innerzone Shipping Battleship skin
- Maelstrom Nefantar Battleship skin
- Rokh Wiyrkomi Edition Battleship skin
- 1 PLEX (30 days of game time)

If you want the 21-days trial, refer to my siggy below.
sumjs_5624
post Dec 12 2014, 12:27 AM

7 posts

No difference in terms of gameplay. Only the pricing + login method difference.

Price
Standard: Payment in USD
Steam: Payment in local currency

Login
Standard: Normal client
Steam: Steam client

Additional notes:
- If you're using MYR currency, steam account has cheaper subsciption price. (currently)
- If you're using steam EVE account, you're required to log in through steam client.
- Only 1 EVE account per steam account, this means no multiboxing for steam account. (unless you have several separate steam accounts)
- Standard account and steam account both access Tranquility server. So don't worry about being isolated from others non-steam account users.
- EVE in Steam FAQ

This post has been edited by sumjs_5624: Dec 12 2014, 12:47 AM
sumjs_5624
post Dec 17 2014, 07:27 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Zgames @ Dec 17 2014, 05:49 PM)
Zgames en Welle. I'm on a trial account, since the Steam Sales is coming I'm gonna start over ( dun mind ) Right now I just try to see what skills I need for those certain ships etc because I'll be hiatus for a year next year ( SPM sweat.gif )

Suckish enough died twice while exploring. Never can see those cloaked pirates in Null Sec. And on trial can't use the Prototype Cloak.
Good...now you've graduated into a full-fledged pilot. The death experience is the last requirement. rclxms.gif

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0335sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:20 PM