Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
126 Pages « < 102 103 104 105 106 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What 1080p Movie did You Watch Today ? - Episode 2, Share what you watch lately...

views

Andrewtst
post Jul 19 2018, 11:01 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(sonypshomer @ Jul 19 2018, 10:08 AM)
to be honest i dont understand about this 2.1 atmos or even atmos headsets

where is the immersive sound?
Actually I think it can't but maybe can for small room like bedroom.

Normatter how it still is virtual for back speaker where can't compare with actual but it may enough for some to have a feel on it.
Lego Warfare
post Jul 19 2018, 12:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,302 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jul 19 2018, 10:48 AM)
Ze sound surrounds you.. Well more like employing various tech to trick the brain into feeling like it's in the middle of it all..  laugh.gif ..  IMHO, after been used to a decent 5.1 DTS-HD system.. I will never go back to mere 2.1 configs..Definitely no soundbars, no matter how they spruce it up with tech lingo..it's just not the real thing. Next upgrade will be an AVR that's Dolby Atmos, TrueHD and DTS:X compatible.. Maybe even 7.1/.2 if space and budget permits..  sweat.gif

Sorry for derailing the thread yeah..
Definitely can't be compared to a true surround setup, but I was impressed by DTS Virtual:X in the Yamaha soundbar. Really widens the soundstage.
Compared to the usual method of increasing the bass/treble response to create a wide soundstage appearance, this does a much more convincing job than that.

For those living in apartment/condo where a surround setup is not convenient, soundbars would be the next best step.

TSpeter32
post Jul 19 2018, 05:49 PM

心旷神怡
1,154 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jul 19 2018, 09:16 AM)
Hi. Nope for the moment. I don't want neighbor complain. It is enough for me with my current setup. smile.gif I already using TV speaker for at least 10 years after my previous 5.1 all in one system broken. I no longer that demand on sound. Even now I use reduce high dynamic sound in my Apple TV 4K most the time because I watch movie normally at night.

Invent a proper at least 5.1 system - nope. smile.gif sound upgrade I may do is invest a 2.1 Dolby Atmos soundbar but not in my priority also.
Unlike you, I am more into sound than images. I have survived on 21' TV (CRT at that time) and simple 5 speaker set up for surround. I really recommend simple 5 speakers set up even with normal DTS/DD without lossless sound. No subwoofer ever for me because of noise pollution to my neighbour and my family. But enjoying soft sound form multiple source is still really enjoyable.

I recommend a used simple DTS/DD set up and speaker, no sub and play it soft.
Wenny K
post Jul 19 2018, 06:31 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

introducing movie to discussing about the sound system now? hmm..
Andrewtst
post Jul 19 2018, 07:07 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(peter32 @ Jul 19 2018, 05:49 PM)
Unlike you, I am more into sound than images. I have survived on 21' TV (CRT at that time) and simple 5 speaker set up for surround. I really recommend simple 5 speakers set up even with normal DTS/DD without lossless sound. No subwoofer ever for me because of noise pollution to my neighbour and my family.  But enjoying soft sound form multiple source is still really enjoyable.

I recommend a used simple DTS/DD set up and speaker, no sub and play it soft.
Great idea and this will not affecting neighbour.

I once very love sound setup and even have a basic all in one 5.1 surround setup for my blu-ray but that is 10 years ago.

Now sound no longer that important for me anymore as long it sound nice which not pitching sound, hissing noise or breaking, then I am satisfied with it. smile.gif
AVFAN
post Jul 19 2018, 07:13 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

QUOTE(Wenny K @ Jul 19 2018, 06:31 PM)
introducing movie to discussing about the sound system now? hmm..
maybe audio section too quiet, gotta hijack movie thread to talk audio?!! laugh.gif
voncrane
post Jul 19 2018, 08:04 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

Okay... Let's get back on track.. sweat.gif Finally watched this. Didn't know it's been released awhile back.. 1.5/5 rating. Even my SO who's a fan of Dwayne Johnson couldn't stand this after awhile..

Mov_freak
post Jul 19 2018, 09:53 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

Attached Image

I Am Dragon (aka He's a Dragon) (2017)

First and foremost, do note that this is a Russian movie.

If you goto youtube and watched the trailer, if you think they were trying to sell it more akin to Lord Of The Rings, and I would NOT fault you for that.

The Village and Dragon Lair is expensive and breathtaking (great production value)!

Cinematography, Sergey Trofimov, did an amazing work, and this is a gorgeous movie.

The main cast, looks their part, and here is where the praises stop....

I blame the marketing.

They sold it as an action pack fantasy movie, and it is actually a love story.

This is how I would describe the the situation, If you crave Italian pizza and only Chinese food is available, no matter how good the Chinese food is, you are left disappointed....

If you crave a different style of love story with fantasy elements, give this a go.

PQ and SQ pretty good, actually.

Do note that I watched the English dub, since my Russian is none existent.

My Two Sen

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jul 20 2018, 08:43 AM
voncrane
post Jul 19 2018, 11:46 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jul 19 2018, 09:53 PM)
Attached Image

If you goto youtube and watched the trailer, if you think they were trying to sell it more akin to Lord Of The Rings, and I would NOT fault you for that.

The Village and Dragon Lair is expensive and breathtaking (great production value)!

Cinematography, Sergey Trofimov, did an amazing work, and this is a gorgeous movie.

I blame the marketing.

This is how I would describe the the situation, If you crave Italian pizza and only Chinese food is available, no matter how good the Chinese food is, you are left disappointed....

If you crave a different style of love story with romantic elements, give this a go.

My Two Sen
Hold up, they actually put "GOT meets Beauty & the Beast" onto the disc cover art?... That alone turns me off right there. Beauty and the Beast is far too simple a concept to even measure up to GOT and as such has no place there. We thank you for your sacrifice.. Will avoid. laugh.gif Perhaps, watching it in its original Russian with English subs would have been better? I always prefer to watch my media in its original language as long as there are English subs. Voice overs tend not to convey the emotions etc the real actors put forth in the video.

This post has been edited by voncrane: Jul 19 2018, 11:47 PM
Mov_freak
post Jul 20 2018, 08:46 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jul 19 2018, 11:46 PM)
Perhaps, watching it in its original Russian with English subs would have been better? I always prefer to watch my media in its original language as long as there are English subs. Voice overs tend not to convey the emotions etc the real actors put forth in the video.
I would, if I could and have to add, that option was NOT available.... smile.gif

The 2015 Russian movie got an international distributor, and was release worldwide in English in 2017, so, the English dub was actually good. Seeing "orang puteh" speaking English does seem to work. It was a far cry from the Shaw Brothers stuff dubbed in English, that is for sure.

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Jul 20 2018, 09:14 PM
voncrane
post Jul 20 2018, 12:53 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jul 20 2018, 08:46 AM)
I would, if I could and have to add, that option was NOT available.... smile.gif
The 2015 Russian movie got an international distributor, and was release worldwide in English in 2017, so, the English dub was actually good. Seeing "orang puteh" speaking English does seem to work. It was a far cry from the Shaw Brothers stuff dubbed in English, that is for sure.
Ah.. Duly noted.. smile.gif
Andrewtst
post Jul 22 2018, 01:56 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Jul 19 2018, 09:53 PM)
Attached Image

I blame the marketing.

If you crave a different style of love story with fantasy elements, give this a go.

My Two Sen
Thanks for this movie intro. I found the Russian version at iTunes. Going to watch it soon.

I love to watch any kind of language film (not in dub but original) and it is not easier to known Russian film. Thanks.
BOTAK_WAI
post Jul 22 2018, 08:09 PM

Blow Water First Class
3,813 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jul 18 2018, 11:26 PM)
Finish watching Rampage

user posted image

PQ: 4/5
AQ: 5/5
Story: 3.5/5

Not a film to get 5 star but fun to watch? Definitely yes!
watched this today. yup…fun to watch.
Andrewtst
post Jul 22 2018, 08:13 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(BOTAK_WAI @ Jul 22 2018, 08:09 PM)
watched this today. yup…fun to watch.
Agree. smile.gif
BOTAK_WAI
post Jul 22 2018, 08:27 PM

Blow Water First Class
3,813 posts

QUOTE(Andrewtst @ Jul 22 2018, 08:13 PM)
Agree.  smile.gif
especially the sense of humour of george…u know which scene i mean laugh.gif
Andrewtst
post Jul 23 2018, 12:08 AM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(BOTAK_WAI @ Jul 22 2018, 08:27 PM)
especially the sense of humour of george…u know which scene i mean laugh.gif
Hahaha! I know I know. laugh.gif
Lurker
post Jul 23 2018, 12:32 PM

L U R K I N G
Group Icon
Elite
4,285 posts

I find the CGI in Rampage much better than the ones in Pacific Rim 2
keny2020j
post Jul 23 2018, 02:25 PM

Casual
409 posts

Super Hero Taisen GP: Kamen Rider 3

Feeling nostalgia with the Minami Kohtaro Henshin posing

user posted image
AVFAN
post Jul 29 2018, 02:26 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
24,037 posts

extinction 2018 is a reasonable syfy thriller.

while it gets bad ratings, i thought it was quite alright! biggrin.gif

no spoiler... but i'll just say this story is probably going to turn out quite different from what u initially think it is after the first 20 mins.

i give 2.5/5.

user posted image

Andrewtst
post Jul 29 2018, 03:17 PM

Forgiveness is Happiness
All Stars
28,109 posts

QUOTE(AVFAN @ Jul 29 2018, 02:26 PM)
extinction 2018 is a reasonable syfy thriller.

while it gets bad ratings, i thought it was quite alright! biggrin.gif

no spoiler... but i'll just say this story is probably going to turn out quite different from what u initially think it is after the first 20 mins.

i give 2.5/5.

user posted image
I also just finish watch it. I am shock with the story after 20 mins.

I give it a 3.5/5 Haha! Worth a watch but it is a one time watch movie, once you know the story then you not going to watch it anymore.

126 Pages « < 102 103 104 105 106 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0324sec    0.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:01 AM