Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Engine Oil Reviews/Technical talk v2, Everything Automotive lubricants/fluids

views

wlchong79
post Jun 9 2021, 09:20 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Jun 8 2021, 08:46 PM)
You heard only.. so far been using oil bought from Paulhew for years. Actually, his price isn't the cheapest but still a lot cheaper than retail.

All cars at my home, the engine are still running as smooth as silk.
i deal directly with petronas marketing . they dont know who is paul hew la. ori price impossible at that low too,
Thrust
post Jun 9 2021, 09:57 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,370 posts

QUOTE(wlchong79 @ Jun 9 2021, 09:20 PM)
i deal directly with petronas marketing . they dont know who is paul hew la. ori price impossible at that low too,
I think they won't know because Paulhew is just the shopee name.. The spare part shop is actually EC Auto.

Btw, when I bought from Paulhew.. i got this box. I suppose fake oils don't come in these sort of boxes.

user posted image
TSQuazacolt
post Jun 9 2021, 10:22 PM

Riding couple
4,285 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Jun 9 2021, 09:57 PM)
i got this box. I suppose fake oils don't come in these sort of boxes.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

yeah that's genuine Petronas box as their Shopee official store uses the same box. and that official store is in conjunction to Petronas official facebook page.
wlchong79
post Jun 10 2021, 10:21 AM

Enthusiast
766 posts

I think they won't know because Paulhew is just the shopee name.. The spare part shop is actually EC Auto.

Btw, when I bought from Paulhew.. i got this box. I suppose fake oils don't come in these sort of boxes.
user posted image
alamak. box cannot do fake ? umw coolant also hell lot of fake in on9 shop la.

ayamxxx
post Jun 10 2021, 10:39 AM

Regular
1,423 posts

QUOTE(wlchong79 @ Jun 10 2021, 10:21 AM)
kekeke last time complaint about non-Malaysia weather engine oil issue, as sold on Giant come from other regions. now complaint about box. bangwall.gif
Thrust
post Jun 10 2021, 12:58 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,370 posts

QUOTE(wlchong79 @ Jun 10 2021, 10:21 AM)
You say its fake then its fake lor.. biggrin.gif

To me, I don't think it's fake because I bought Helix HX8 and Syntium 3000 from him.

Both oil dye colour are totally different. Helix is like clear and pure... Syntium is gold colour.

If the oil is fake, both Shell and Syntium should be the same colour as they use the same recycled oil and fill into different bottles.

This post has been edited by Thrust: Jun 10 2021, 12:58 PM
wlchong79
post Jun 10 2021, 04:59 PM

Enthusiast
766 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Jun 10 2021, 12:58 PM)
You say its fake then its fake lor..  biggrin.gif

To me, I don't think it's fake because I bought Helix HX8 and Syntium 3000 from him.

Both oil dye colour are totally different. Helix is like clear and pure... Syntium is gold colour.

If the oil is fake, both Shell and Syntium should be the same colour as they use the same recycled oil and fill into different bottles.
1st i never say is 100% fake.
Thrust
post Jun 10 2021, 05:05 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,370 posts

QUOTE(wlchong79 @ Jun 10 2021, 04:59 PM)
1st i never say is 100% fake.
🥴
mitkey06
post Jun 16 2021, 01:26 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

user posted image
can u provide the link to the item? will try and see if ori
Thrust
post Jun 16 2021, 02:01 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,370 posts

QUOTE(mitkey06 @ Jun 16 2021, 01:26 PM)
can u provide the link to the item? will try and see if ori
Just go to shopee and search for Paulhew.

Would love to hear your opinion too.

Check out this shop on Shopee! paulhew: https://shopee.com.my/paulhew?smtt=0.0.9

This post has been edited by Thrust: Jun 16 2021, 02:03 PM
kirakun
post Jun 21 2021, 03:47 PM

On my way
552 posts

Guys, any feedback on Mitasu EO? Price range around RM234 to RM264. Pretty cheap compared to Mobil 1 gold EO.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by kirakun: Jun 21 2021, 03:49 PM
Thrust
post Jun 23 2021, 07:45 AM

Power To The People!!!
3,370 posts

QUOTE(kirakun @ Jun 21 2021, 03:47 PM)
Guys, any feedback on Mitasu EO? Price range around RM234 to RM264. Pretty cheap compared to Mobil 1 gold EO.
What car you plan to use this on?

This post has been edited by Thrust: Jun 23 2021, 07:46 AM
Jay Chua CC
post Jun 23 2021, 07:45 PM

~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
5,881 posts

QUOTE(Thrust @ Jun 10 2021, 12:58 PM)
You say its fake then its fake lor..  biggrin.gif

looking at oil colour and say its recycled oil, is totally very amateur.
Some additive package are very dark in colour compared to others and some base oil (depending on origin country) also varies greatly in colour.
Thrust
post Jun 23 2021, 07:51 PM

Power To The People!!!
3,370 posts

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Jun 23 2021, 07:45 PM)
looking at oil colour and say its recycled oil, is totally very amateur.
Some additive package are very dark in colour compared to others and some base oil (depending on origin country) also varies greatly in colour.
Read everything properly.

What I said is comparing the colour from 2 different brands.

If from the same seller... the 2 different brands are of the same colour, it might be from used oil from the same illegal oil recycling factory but using different bottles.

If the oil colour is different, highly unlikely it is used oil since fake oil sellers won't custom blend oil dye colour according to different brands.

This post has been edited by Thrust: Jun 24 2021, 06:01 AM
SleeplessEyes
post Jun 27 2021, 09:01 PM

I'm me bro, let me be me
1,853 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ May 16 2021, 09:17 AM)
Try lower down the viscosity. Is campro engine capable to take 5w30 or 0w30? If can believe it will improve the fc a bit. Most new car since 2015 onwards was recommended with 0w20 to get better fc.

But using office Campro CFE engine, yes fc is too poor especially on daily city drive.
CC: Post-Je-Ape-Ape

On my Exora Turbo , the manual says 10W30 is acceptable. There is a 5w20 temperature chart but its max temp is below 20C.
So I have taken a bold step on going on 0w20. Mizu 0w20.
Yes, I have gone into unchartered waters.

No oil consumption so far. Bottle even says its suitable for turbo.
But does it improve FC? Probably very minor improvement.
Do I recommend it? Depends on how well one trust the 0w20 thin oil in a hot turbo engine.
Reason I go thin is because the car is driven short distance frequently.
And yes, nobody likes a thirsty engine. Mine did rocket to a thirsty 14.5L per 100KM, but thats when I found out the MAF sensor is dirty.

I also monitor the water temperature via Torque, it doesnt show any abnormal temp.
Usually around 84-86C with Aircond on, and 90C plus with aircond off.

So those who frequently drive like a maniac , might want to stick back to xW30 weight.
Post-Je-Ape-Ape
post Jun 28 2021, 01:19 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Jun 27 2021, 09:01 PM)

On my Exora Turbo , the manual says 10W30 is acceptable. There is a 5w20 temperature chart but its max temp is below 20C.

Do I recommend it? Depends on how well one trust the 0w20 thin oil in a hot turbo engine.
And yes, nobody likes a thirsty engine. Mine did rocket to a thirsty 14.5L per 100KM, but thats when I found out the MAF sensor is dirty.

I also monitor the water temperature via Torque, it doesnt show any abnormal temp.

So those who frequently drive like a maniac , might want to stick back to xW30 weight.
Its so funny right? I've also heard of CPS owners pouring xw-30s in their car because their manual calls for it. But how come Proton gives such ridiculous weight a.k.a xw-50 for the original campros!? The weight difference is significantly absurd while only being 1 generation apart.

I was sceptical to pour 30 weight because I was following the owner's manual faithfully. But after hearing other campros like the cps, and your cfe, accepting thinner oils without issues, makes me abit more confident to do 30 weight next service. I mainly do short distance driving, only occasionally highway drive.

Anyway, will I expect a quieter engine if I switch to thinner oil?

This post has been edited by Post-Je-Ape-Ape: Jun 28 2021, 01:20 AM
ayamxxx
post Jun 28 2021, 01:24 AM

Regular
1,423 posts

QUOTE(Post-Je-Ape-Ape @ Jun 28 2021, 01:19 AM)
Its so funny right? I've also heard of CPS owners pouring xw-30s in their car because their manual calls for it. But how come Proton gives such ridiculous weight a.k.a xw-50 for the original campros!? The weight difference is significantly absurd while only being 1 generation apart.

I was sceptical to pour 30 weight because I was following the owner's manual faithfully. But after hearing other campros like the cps, and your cfe, accepting thinner oils without issues, makes me abit more confident to do 30 weight next service. I mainly do short distance driving, only occasionally highway drive.

That because the campro is an old engine. It was from 2004-ish engine era and all the newest still with based campro engine, being it cps, vvt, cfe form.

So that normal to had 40-50 weight recommended oil by manufacturers.

The past 10 years manufacturers heading with more eco friendly engine, hence they opted for 0w20 as recommendations.
ayamxxx
post Jun 28 2021, 01:27 AM

Regular
1,423 posts

QUOTE(SleeplessEyes @ Jun 27 2021, 09:01 PM)

Guess that the limit for fc if the engine is not designed for thin oil, in this case 20 weight oil. On fuel consumption, even on my cfe preve office car, the fuel consumption is on high level. I just managed to get average 8-9km/l. Best around 10.5-11km/l at 90-110kmh.
speedy3210
post Jun 28 2021, 08:32 AM

Getting Started
292 posts

QUOTE(Post-Je-Ape-Ape @ Jun 28 2021, 01:19 AM)

If die die want to maintain at spec of 40 weight oil, but wanna get a taste of how a 30 weight might behave in your "dinosaur" engine? Get the imported SHU 5W-40 from nearby Tesco/Giant la....... it has a published viscosity of almost 30 weight @12.9 cst but still within the spec of 40 weight oil. I think it should satisfy you curiosity. Just monitor the oil consumption and/or any leak due to the added detergency if your engine is not in very good condition.
Post-Je-Ape-Ape
post Jun 29 2021, 01:16 AM

Getting Started
209 posts

QUOTE(speedy3210 @ Jun 28 2021, 08:32 AM)
If die die want to maintain at spec of 40  weight oil, but wanna get a taste of how a 30 weight might behave in your "dinosaur" engine? Get the imported SHU 5W-40 from nearby Tesco/Giant la....... it has a published viscosity of almost 30 weight @12.9 cst but still within the spec of 40 weight oil. I think it should satisfy you curiosity. Just monitor the oil consumption and/or any leak due to the added detergency if your engine is not in very good condition.
Yup using that now. So far so good. No issues at all. If i got extra money to splurge next service, might go for Redline oils hahaha or maybe syntium 7000

For now, SHU remains mine (and most people's) strong budget oil. Honestly cannot go wrong with this.

249 Pages « < 246 247 248 249 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0266sec    0.88    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th July 2021 - 09:17 PM