views

efaceninja
post Dec 16 2014, 08:22 PM

12 posts

Lols you guys are totally not talking on the same channel, hahahah
efaceninja
post Jan 18 2015, 10:37 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Jan 12 2015, 06:03 PM)
don't tell me you pour 20w50 tesco value oil into your inspira!?
efaceninja
post Jan 26 2015, 08:32 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(dororo @ Jan 26 2015, 06:47 PM)
Hello all sifus, my just noticed that recently my civic 97' gear oil leaking, how should i fix it ? and how much will it cost? is it safe to drive with this condition now?  I need car for day to day work... sad.gif
all sifus please advise.
how do you know its gear oil? how fast is it leaking? check your oil level with your ATF dip stick (i assume is auto gear?), if too low then don't drive. buy a bottle of honda ATF, fill it, then go to your usual mech for a check. if no usual mech, go to official honda service centre is safer
efaceninja
post Jan 26 2015, 08:42 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(Helro @ Jan 26 2015, 07:49 PM)
Need help from forum members with experience with cars

My car broke down yesterday on the highway, i was going from ipoh to kl driving at 140km/h
suddenly i hear loud rattling noise coming from engine, i pulled over to the side

A few minutes later, highway police came and on inspection of my car they said my problem was from the engine bearing. so my car was towed to the nearest toll exit, where his mechanic friend was waiting for us. he also said problem was from engine bearing when he first heard the sound there.

After we took the car to his shop to do full inspection, he pulled out the bottom part of the engine with the oil in it, and you could see metal residue like metal scrapings in the oil. and he showed me the bottom part of the engine (pictures attached) and said that the thing of the far right needed to be replaced.

he said i needed a full engine overhaul that costs 2300RM++ i was wondering if anyone has any experience with cars , do you think a full engine overhaul is necessary, I just want to get the car working again nothing fancy and don't have that kind of money in my budget whats the least amount of work i can get done to get it running again?
Apparently the cause of my problem is because i drove the car without enough engine oil, i didn't think it needed replacement since i changed it 1 month ago and haven't seen any leaks ( it may be because i drove to Ipoh-Kl three times all at 160km/h)

The car is an Automatic Wira 1995, engine is 4g15p
the part that needs replacing is the part without oil that has been cleaned
[attachmentid=4318456]
if you see metal scrapings in the oil, that's very very bad. and you said the mech says you drove the car without enough engine oil, that's means your piston is scrapppppppinnngggg your cylinder wall dry, hot (over heat), and fast (you were driving 140kmh with low engine oil). that's means cylinder wall damaged, which i think really needs full overhaul. at least that's what i think after reading your descibtion. your picture is not that clear, are those crankshaft? can't really figure out what's on the right that need replacement.

well, maybe you should've check your EO level more often, if you drive 160kmh that often. no leak visible to eye does not necessary means no leak. since you're driving 160kmh often, maybe the EO sip into the combustion chamber during the high stress moment, EO burn away together with fuel, out through the exhaust, so, you can't see the leak.

wait for other sifu to comment.. the above is just my opinion.
efaceninja
post Jan 26 2015, 09:45 PM

12 posts

new engine oil on the market!!
http://paultan.org/2015/01/26/umw-introduc...bricants-range/

wait, UMW? wait, is it for toyota cars?? wait, how about Toyota Motor Oil?? wait... what...??
efaceninja
post Sep 12 2015, 08:23 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(Quazacolt @ Sep 12 2015, 12:19 PM)
i'm just one guy with a normal stock car
QUOTE(nm7 @ Sep 12 2015, 02:46 PM)
"Stock" indeed.
Tyre not stock, EO not stock.
efaceninja
post Sep 26 2015, 08:24 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(izso @ Sep 25 2015, 01:25 PM)
Ah damn. I haven't extracted my oil yet. It's not due for another 3000km.
Suck some up from dip stick hole.

1. Buy a small plastis tube / pneumatic tube that can feed into the dip stick hole, and long enough too to reach bottom.

2. One end ofcourse insert into the hole, the other end insert it to a unused shampoo/hand sanitizer's pump. Ofcourse you need to clean it thoroughly.

3. Begin pumping!

Thats how i pump my excess/overfilled ATF out last time lol. But since you guys purpose is UOA, you need to consider contaminant from the make shift pump, and cleaness of the plastic tube.
efaceninja
post Sep 28 2015, 11:35 PM

12 posts

QUOTE(izso @ Sep 28 2015, 06:40 AM)
I haven't found a pneumatic tube pump that can extract oil from the top. Any recommendations?

And you're right about the contaminants, so will have to do what the quazcolt said, drop, sample, seal and keep for next round.
user posted image
this plus this
user posted image

efaceninja
post Jul 2 2016, 08:58 AM

12 posts

QUOTE(chemistry @ May 10 2016, 06:54 PM)
How much are they?
Is the molygen the latest range from liqui moly? Anyone tried? Is it fully synthetic?it says is SN. MoS2 range is SL, a little outdated for me.
Liqui moly only has their special tec AA listed in API website, SN. But I'm kind of eager to try their oil.

How about the penrite enviro 5w30? Also listed inside API website. Anyone tried before?
efaceninja
post Jul 27 2016, 07:47 PM

12 posts

found that Bezza's (1NR-VE) oil recommendation is 0w-20 as found labelled on the inside of the engine bay (the hood).
does this means we can depending on cheap and cheerful 0w-20 oil from perodua soon?? rclxms.gif rclxms.gif because a 0w20 oil is generally expensive on the market
Attached Image

This post has been edited by efaceninja: Jul 27 2016, 07:48 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0579sec    0.82    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th January 2022 - 06:48 PM