Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> A Class Shopping Mall in Klang Valley, Can One City Mall become "A" Class??

views

4evernelson
post Oct 22 2014, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
216 posts

new in 2017

Central Plaza @ i-City (all the way from Thailand)

http://www.cpn.co.th/project_detail.aspx?m...t_Landing&id=13

http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/news/4...enture-in-china

LRT 3 - very high chance a LRT station here
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3001521/all
TSPeriPeri2014
post Oct 22 2014, 12:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,226 posts

IOI@Putrajaya

smile.gif smile.gif
AskarPerang
post Mar 24 2019, 05:56 PM

~tUPaI...~
All Stars
23,145 posts

Another considered as mega shopping mall just opened!!!
Central @ I-City

blancpain4470
post Mar 24 2019, 06:27 PM

Regular
1,063 posts

Do we really need more malls?? 🤔
We have almost zero world class museums, arts centers and only one half decent Malaysian Philharmonic. Shouldn't we care more about A class cultural centers than malls ....
nexona88
post Mar 24 2019, 06:30 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,829 posts

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Mar 24 2019, 05:56 PM)
Another considered as mega shopping mall just opened!!!
Central @ I-City

next question is..
can the mall sustain in the long term rolleyes.gif

MV & 1U long time open. yet can attract huge crowd whistling.gif
ManutdGiggs
post Mar 24 2019, 06:32 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,544 posts

We need more world class botanica garden
Hisham8686
post Mar 24 2019, 11:46 PM

Casual
345 posts

QUOTE(blancpain4470 @ Mar 24 2019, 06:27 PM)
Do we really need more malls?? 🤔
We have almost zero world class museums, arts centers and only one half decent Malaysian Philharmonic. Shouldn't we care more about A class cultural centers than malls ....
I have pondered upon the same question before, but we Malaysians are generally more "cultural" than cultured. We may enjoy our nasi lemak and roti canai but for those who enjoy things like Swam Lake (ballet) or other musical performances or even say paintings by Van Gogh, you may find that these people are as rare as unicorns. To foster a culture of appreciation of arts in any form, government initiative is vital. Which sadly is very absent from the current and the previous government.
blancpain4470
post Mar 25 2019, 12:09 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(Hisham8686 @ Mar 24 2019, 11:46 PM)
I have pondered upon the same question before, but we Malaysians are generally more "cultural" than cultured. We may enjoy our nasi lemak and roti canai but for those who enjoy things like Swam Lake (ballet) or other musical performances or even say paintings by Van Gogh, you may find that these people are as rare as unicorns. To foster a culture of appreciation of arts in any form, government initiative is vital. Which sadly is very absent from the current and the previous government.
Lol. I am one of the unicorns you mentioned 🤣.
Actually I would love to see more local arts and culture. I miss those wayang kulit I saw when I was a kid. The beautiful gasing we used to have etc etc.

We just don't have the habit of preserving our important cultural heritage. Slowly we are becoming a nation of losing its soul and the only thing we have are shopping malls!
icemanfx
post Mar 25 2019, 01:54 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,795 posts

Shopping mall is popular in cities that housing quality is poor; people prefer to hang around in shopping mall rather than at home.

Hisham8686
post Mar 25 2019, 09:33 PM

Casual
345 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Mar 25 2019, 01:54 AM)
Shopping mall is popular in cities that housing quality is poor; people prefer to hang around in shopping mall rather than at home.
I usually agree with most of your assertions, including those in Cyberjaya forum(s). But I can't agree with you for this one, no sir. Malls were popularised after world war II in America when the baby boomers generation started to move to subburbs in America from city centre. Those housings for the baby boomers are far from "poor quality", as for the function of these shopping malls, I am pretty sure you know the answer. The same can be said about those very good neighbourhood malls like Setia City Mall in Setia Alam or Atria in Uptown. These areas are not by definition saddled with poor quality housing. Far from it. For the avoidance of doubt, I have not equated build quality with housing quality.
Hisham8686
post Mar 25 2019, 09:39 PM

Casual
345 posts

QUOTE(blancpain4470 @ Mar 25 2019, 12:09 AM)
Lol. I am one of the unicorns you mentioned 🤣.
Actually I would love to see more local arts and culture. I miss those wayang kulit I saw when I was a kid. The beautiful gasing we used to have etc etc.

We just don't have the habit of preserving our important cultural heritage. Slowly we are becoming a nation of losing its soul and the only thing we have are shopping malls!
It saddened me to say this, but the Malaysia as we know it is slowly dissapearing into nothing-ness, culturally and in psyche, in fact, PAS (the political party) deems wayang kulit to be haram for goodness sake. This isn't suppose to be a political post, but there you go.
BEANCOUNTER
post Mar 25 2019, 09:55 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

Dun worry lah...

Shopping malls are not here to make losses.
Iwhen it comes to saturating point, we will move on to other things.

If 500yrs ago we had gasing and video game, kids will still play gasing?

And 500yrs from now, ppl still post selfie and use fb?

This post has been edited by BEANCOUNTER: Mar 25 2019, 09:57 PM
blancpain4470
post Mar 25 2019, 11:05 PM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Mar 25 2019, 09:55 PM)
Dun worry lah...

Shopping malls are not here to make losses.
Iwhen it comes to saturating point, we will move on to other things.

If 500yrs ago we had gasing and video game, kids will still play gasing?

And 500yrs from now, ppl still post selfie and use fb?
Yes and no. Certain arts/tradition deserves preservation and should be around when after centuries. The Japanese is great at doing this. Their tea art, geisha, wood block printing (ukiyo e, etc). These contribute to uniqueness of their culture and identity.

Malaysians are losing many except shopping malls and may be some good food!
naqib0307
post Mar 25 2019, 11:30 PM

Enthusiast
723 posts

QUOTE(icemanfx @ Mar 25 2019, 01:54 AM)
I kind of agree with you. I prefer stay at home most of the time if there is no need for me to go out.
BEANCOUNTER
post Mar 25 2019, 11:57 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(blancpain4470 @ Mar 25 2019, 11:05 PM)
Yes and no. Certain arts/tradition deserves preservation and should be around when after centuries. The Japanese is great at doing this. Their tea art, geisha, wood block printing (ukiyo e, etc). These contribute to uniqueness of their culture and identity.

Malaysians are losing many except shopping malls and may be some good food!
Who fault is that??

As parents isnt that the dutg of the parents to pass down knowledge like this to the next generation?

How often i see in the restaurant, children are glueing to the screen and the parents just glad that they are kept quiet.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0122sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:14 PM