Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Xiaomi Mi3 Official Thread V12, Strictly on technical discussion ONLY!

views

baowen
post Jul 21 2014, 10:40 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

i will not recommend the Stable ROM of KK

somehow my gut feeling tell me, they are doing this based on China Market/network/settings/and whatever.

stick with your stable JB rom first until further notice, else it is nightmare.. trust me.
baowen
post Jul 21 2014, 11:03 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(jolokia @ Jul 21 2014, 10:59 PM)
I don't thrust U, I update my Mi3 to KK 4.4.2 already, no nightmare only sweet & wet dream (so far)...lol
-.-"
ok lor, wish you good luck
i stil happy with dev rom whistling.gif whistling.gif

This post has been edited by baowen: Jul 21 2014, 11:03 PM
baowen
post Jul 21 2014, 11:12 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(Dothan @ Jul 21 2014, 11:04 PM)
Yes Maxis... no MNP, not UMobile user.

Voice call went thru in 3G mode. GPS lock in is fast.

Any more problem I can help to identify?
your location? biggrin.gif
baowen
post Jul 21 2014, 11:53 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(Dothan @ Jul 21 2014, 11:24 PM)
I am living in Penang. Location makes different?
i got few friend in klang valley certain spot having call signal quality issue (maxis line)
either got disconnected or no connection at all, and will prompt for sim card pin~

see their frustrated face but nothing much i can help... because i am using umobile no issue since day one.

for the gps icon, i also not too sure since i saw it like a google place icon when it used... and it was like below,
user posted image
baowen
post Jul 22 2014, 12:12 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(lucaswjk @ Jul 21 2014, 11:56 PM)
if u saw the notification "Locations set by gps", mean there is at least 1apps is using your gps actively
eg... running apps, waze, sygic, weather update... location based alarm tongue.gif
okie.. but the icon look like that right? i never notice it until someone mention.

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Jul 22 2014, 12:05 AM)
You mean Mi3?

Official MY set no more selling starting this week.
hmmm just this week or starting this week ?? lol very curious biggrin.gif
baowen
post Jul 22 2014, 01:36 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(briantwj @ Jul 22 2014, 01:19 AM)
Duno y after update to 4.4.2 stable rom. My gps not working dy. I use papago, it says gps not functioning. I use gps test, it did not detect any signal.
try to check the permission level see if papago allow to use location services?
you may required to reboot your phone ..

QUOTE(jack3218 @ Jul 22 2014, 01:21 AM)
anyone know hot to fix drop signal issue when receive call?? maxis user. Is really annoying!!!
your location ? klang valley , KL / PJ area? or?

anyways, this is why i said previously , do not update to the Stable ROM KK,
few user success or without issue doesn't mean it is perfect!
you go and read the forum in chinese version, or MIUI forum, ton's or dozen of complain !

please think twice or forth before you choose to upgrade it.

and to revert back from KK to JB it is very hassle..

my humble suggestion again... wait for another 2 week first !!!

i don't have facts or proof to support above statement, just based on my guts feeling, you can buy it or dump it!

baowen
post Jul 22 2014, 08:42 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(jack3218 @ Jul 22 2014, 08:27 PM)
Nope, i dont think so is location, my house at seri kembangan, my wortk place at sungai besi and bdr sunway also facing this issue ==!!!!
seri kembangan , sungai besi , bdr sunway = Klang Valley
baowen
post Jul 22 2014, 08:44 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(dopamine @ Jul 22 2014, 08:33 PM)
hi i never flash.
Until now it is still in same condition.
So i downloaded WCDMA Malaysia roms and tried to flash it and it showed "The system cannot find the file specified 0X800700002".

Guys any ideas?

Please help  icon_question.gif
if the service center is not too far from your place, please pay them a visit

if it is too far and willing to do yourself patiently, you need to start from step 1. (by reading the post #1~4 in page 1), then follow by >>>>>>>

baowen
post Jul 23 2014, 02:27 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(ksloh1 @ Jul 23 2014, 02:22 AM)
I still havent encounter frozen boot so far after the update, maybe my apps/data still lesser. But MIUI apps permission level is really powerful that until voice command "ok google now" is not functioning until had to open the google search apps.
i agree on this, it is so powerful
before installing apps, you will get prompt all those permissionn is needed which you agree and install it.
but after install it. miui still have it disable ohmy.gif ohmy.gif
so you need to manually allow it again (if you miss the security prompt)
baowen
post Jul 23 2014, 02:06 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(viqq @ Jul 23 2014, 01:53 PM)
Let's see if this fixes Maxis / GPS problems.
this is for Dev rom and Dev rom don't have issue with Maxis / GPS ?
baowen
post Jul 23 2014, 05:04 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(Cavino @ Jul 23 2014, 04:16 PM)
I've used the English version of that MiKey app for my S4. There is an irritating delay when activating the key after long sleep or for first time after reboot phone. The delay is so much so that I uninstall it and install the Chinese version. No delay after that. Note that this is for my S4 experience, not MI3.
yes, chinese version mikey is much better than the english one,
one thing to remember, the english version is some Mi fan's translate and it is not official biggrin.gif

one last thing as mention previously, stick where you are now, don't update to the latest stable rom, or else you will seeking help here and found hopeless..
baowen
post Jul 24 2014, 12:51 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

for those in KK 4.4.3
your google now will FC no matter what.
somehow this is happen for Dev rom update recently (from 4.4.2 to 4.4.3)
so you need to install the google search in 4.4.3 version.

maybe just me, but since some one start on that topic,
below is my Source for google apps for 4.4.3.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nex...-gapps-t2012857

baowen
post Jul 24 2014, 01:07 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(viqq @ Jul 24 2014, 12:52 AM)
The KitKat release really spoiled everything. What were they thinking before releasing?

By the way if they release a new update can i just simply update from dev rom? Or must i revert my phone back to stable rom first?

As much as i like the dev rom, i fear that they might void our warranty for installing dev rom.
as long as you don't go over clock your cpu, it won't void the warranty.
and it is safe to go to any ROM you want, as long as you don't over do it.. like overclock the cpu gpu..
change the voltage... (all those a bit advance la, some need kernal code and xiaomi didn't release it to anyone, so XDAforum very hate xiaomi actually.. hahah)
baowen
post Jul 25 2014, 12:27 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(Kelifu @ Jul 24 2014, 10:15 PM)
i cant send proper voice tag from whatapp since i switch my phone from samsung to mi3. did u guy encourge tis kind of problem? i send voice tag, when i replay, my voice like transformer. Z. i tried to reinstall the app. still same. any sifu can help?
transformer still showing in cinema, wait it come down first, then the new update will available to solve your issue
(i guess you using stablerom JB 14)
QUOTE(TaintedSoul @ Jul 24 2014, 10:29 PM)
I have the same problem. Please help..
transformer still showing in cinema, wait it come down first, then the new update will available to solve your issue
(i guess you using stablerom JB 14)

QUOTE(hhng @ Jul 25 2014, 12:21 AM)
I was using kitkat rom, due to the maxis line problem caused from the kitkat rom(stable), i was using the recovery to update the JXDMYBD14.0 to my system 1 (which is show latest in my recovery), my partition system 2 still remain which is the kitkat room, how can i format the system 2 kitkat which i not gonna use it for now? at the same time.. how u all manage your partition in the phone?
I don't bother about the partition system 1 or 2
as long as your next update is install/updated. it will occupied the partition that not in used
so just leave it la.. it didn't take too much of your space smile.gif
example: now using system 1, after update, it will load to system 2 ( system 1 become your back up)

QUOTE(honamd77 @ Jul 25 2014, 12:21 AM)
After upgrade later firmware, one per one problem face.
Drop call number one. And now, after done with friendcaster @ whatsapp..then straight go weather application. Haishhh..annoying betul.
already advise not to update it since few day ago...

baowen
post Jul 25 2014, 12:38 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(honamd77 @ Jul 25 2014, 12:33 AM)
Huhu..read advice after done upgrade. Me not maxis but umobile.
But tak sangka..still affect. Nightmare right now.
With drop call after that phone hang/blank.
Wanna change/mnp telco but after holiday can proceed.
During this holiday need face this problem.
just revert back to your previous ROM can already la...
doesn't need to swap telco... ( i still find UMOBILE best for my range )

baowen
post Jul 25 2014, 01:38 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(honamd77 @ Jul 25 2014, 01:05 AM)
Try to do that but..me noob, so hard to understand, huhu.
If change telco..wanna try new player, Altel. What I read,
Altel backbone is celcom. So far no hear celcom consumer
face drop call..etc2..hope dun have.
just follow the guide,
download the software, flash to your phone using PC
then load the ROM in
run it..
piakkkkkkkk
kao dim in 15min~
baowen
post Jul 28 2014, 04:50 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

Thank for some post earlier one highlight on Google apps like "ok Google" ...
So i try to use my "Ok , Google" , only some function is working, some function like accessing your contact list... (make call/text is totally failed)

For me to fixed it , try uninstall All GApps and resintall it > no go
try clear user data for GApps only > no go

and for doing that i got another issue on my location services, my waze, google map can't keep locked on a GPS..

so i've to done full wipe and reboot my phone, reset everything again.... everything back to normal now...

and i am using Developer ROm 4.7.25 (4.4.3)

My guessing ... previously i have no issue on Dev ROM 4.7.11, so the Dev ROM in between 4.7.18 or 4.7.25 screw this up...
And i've verified it with my colleague 4.7.18 and my sistar 4.7.25, their "ok, google" also facing the same issue...

My pieces of advise, if you are on DEV ROM and it is working fine for all your apps... try not to do the weekly update anymore and wait till August 16 for MIUI v6 launch.

Seriously the KK 4.4.3 (or 4.4.4 ) still not compatible to some phone, manufacturer really need to put extra effort on it.......

(and the 4.7.25 say added Video option, and i don't see it at all ... -.-"" )
baowen
post Jul 28 2014, 11:10 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

i just back from outstation today,
i am using Umobile,

when in an area where Umobile no coverage, it goes to Maxis..... internet slow like . . . . . . . , GPS is locked but no data transfer map cannot loaded -.-"

more worse.............. call cannot go through, switch to 2g then it is fine back but mobile data still a pain..

when it back to Umobile coverage, all okay back sleep.gif"
Seriously this KK rom is not suitable for Maxis user in certain Klang Valley / Selangor area..........

At a point of time i almost throw my phone to the floor.. and I feel you now for those who using MAXIS and flashed to KK ROM.

it is almost 2 week now, still no solution given, hopefully they can speed it up after raya..

again my advise for Maxis user, if you are in JB 4.3 (or stable rom 14,) please stay where you are....
unless you want give a try and go through this.. ( some Maxis user no problem at all but most of them having the above issue like what i mention.. Location: Klang Valley (70%) or Selangor (80%)

baowen
post Jul 28 2014, 11:19 PM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(amenlo9 @ Jul 28 2014, 11:16 PM)
am using this KK rom for my maxis broadband sim. no issue and still fast in selangor area. other friends nearby me also upgraded which using maxis also without any drop call.
so you are one of the lucky guy la... lol
baowen
post Jul 29 2014, 11:38 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

QUOTE(jolokia @ Jul 29 2014, 10:08 AM)
I faced some data connection problem too yesterday especially after 4pm, try out my other Umobile line on Samsung mega same thing, took out the sim from mi3 put it in another samsung phone same thing, had my dinner at next 2 taman problem solved but data connection still slow, I think too many user, my taman packed with balik kampung car, i think nowadays is no longer balik kampung more like hopping from one part of bandaraya to next part, thinking switch to Umobile coz less user, I think now no longer the case ..hehe

Anyway any way to have the phone permanently lock to Umobile line rather than roam to Maxis ??
owh.... thank for the reply.. so many "TOO" heavy loaded, hence got slow la... okok. seems like our telco need to work harder...

anyone facing issue with your MIUI stock music player or TTPOD ?

when notification kick in, your song suppose play in headset mode become play in Loud Speaker mode..

still figuring how to solve this and hope someone can shed a light here?

This post has been edited by baowen: Jul 29 2014, 12:20 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0442sec    0.52    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:50 PM