Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> USM is now openly allowing plagiarism practice, by using stolen photos on their website Chat

views

TSFighteden
post Jul 5 2014, 03:16 AM

Stark Industries
976 posts

QUOTE(nullpointer @ Jul 5 2014, 03:13 AM)
Yup, and we did not received any comment or anything regarding the site and images during the testing.
Good, just what I wanted to know.
TSFighteden
post Jul 5 2014, 03:17 AM

Stark Industries
976 posts

QUOTE(mobileapps @ Jul 5 2014, 03:16 AM)
only that khairul khinzir will be reporting it lolz.
Seriously, remove it.
Don't spoil my thread please.
xHj09
post Jul 5 2014, 03:18 AM

Your Friendly Neighborhood
1,392 posts

where are you from?

try talking to DAP or something.
TSFighteden
post Jul 5 2014, 03:18 AM

Stark Industries
976 posts

QUOTE(nullpointer @ Jul 5 2014, 03:16 AM)
... and even we are putting email addressed and phone number in the front page to contact into in case of anything.
Which I called and only to be greeted by Norazila because you were not in.
differ
post Jul 5 2014, 03:19 AM

Casual
399 posts

QUOTE(nullpointer @ Jul 5 2014, 03:16 AM)
... and even we are putting email addressed and phone number in the front page to contact into in case of anything.
and despite being alerted by TS that you are using his IP without his permission, you folks have done nothing but throw your weight around to bully him?
nullpointer
post Jul 5 2014, 03:25 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Fighteden @ Jul 5 2014, 03:18 AM)
Which I called and only to be greeted by Norazila because you were not in.
Unfortunately the number is different, Norzila number is 04-6534487, the servisDesk number is 04-6534400. I could not said I at the office all the time, but I do believe, if this thing regarding the logon site I will get the message.

-nullpointer-
TSFighteden
post Jul 5 2014, 03:25 AM

Stark Industries
976 posts

QUOTE(xHj09 @ Jul 5 2014, 03:18 AM)
where are you from?

try talking to DAP or something.
Despite to have made a police report, I will call nullpointer tomorrow morning to discuss this matter and see what he can do to straighten this out between us.

If that doesn't go well, then I'll decide to go to DAP or not.

I believe some people deserved a second/third chance.
TSFighteden
post Jul 5 2014, 03:27 AM

Stark Industries
976 posts

QUOTE(nullpointer @ Jul 5 2014, 03:25 AM)
Unfortunately the number is different, Norzila number is 04-6534487, the servisDesk number is 04-6534400. I could not said I at the office all the time, but I do believe, if this thing regarding the logon site I will get the message.

-nullpointer-
I called that number initially and was asked to call her instead as I was told you were not in at that time.

A female staff told me to call that number given me her name.
nullpointer
post Jul 5 2014, 03:36 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Fighteden @ Jul 5 2014, 03:27 AM)
I called that number initially and was asked to call her instead as I was told you were not in at that time.

A female staff told me to call that number given me her name.
emmm.. at least something here. It seems you have been mis-redirected to someone else. Actually you can achieve me even with my office number, it will redirect call to me (need to wait slightly longer for redirection to happen).

I think it is enough for one early morning. Let both of us have some sleep first and have a fresh morning tomorrow.

-nullpointer-
SUSwakata2014
post Jul 5 2014, 03:37 AM

19 posts

The obvious lesson here is that if it is not your picture, you don't own it.

However, at the same time, since USM used the image in providing non commercial education, the argument its usage is covered under fair use.
Jigoku
post Jul 5 2014, 03:37 AM

Getting Started
269 posts

QUOTE(nullpointer @ Jul 5 2014, 03:36 AM)
emmm.. at least something here. It seems you have been mis-redirected to someone else. Actually you can achieve me even with my office number, it will redirect call to me (need to wait slightly longer for redirection to happen).

I think it is enough for one early morning. Let both of us have some sleep first and have a fresh morning tomorrow.

-nullpointer-

Looks like USM PR very fast in action hmm.gif trying to not make it too big that their reputation dont drop whistling.gif
abcde90
post Jul 5 2014, 03:40 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(Fighteden @ Jul 5 2014, 03:25 AM)
Despite to have made a police report, I will call nullpointer tomorrow morning to discuss this matter and see what he can do to straighten this out between us.

If that doesn't go well, then I'll decide to go to DAP or not.

I believe some people deserved a second/third chance.
try to resolve this amicably ya. meanwhile y dun u consider lockin the thread to prevent troll from pouring in. Open once ur discussion is over. Hope u can get some compensation biggrin.gif

nullpointer better settle this before this shit hits the fan again. biggrin.gif
Uzumaki NaruTo
post Jul 5 2014, 03:40 AM

oro?
4,187 posts

QUOTE(abcde90 @ Jul 5 2014, 03:40 AM)
try to resolve this amicably ya. meanwhile y dun u consider lockin the thread to prevent troll from pouring in. Open once ur discussion is over. Hope u can get some compensation  biggrin.gif

nullpointer better settle this before this shit hits the fan again.  biggrin.gif
This.
nullpointer
post Jul 5 2014, 03:41 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(abcde90 @ Jul 5 2014, 03:40 AM)
try to resolve this amicably ya. meanwhile y dun u consider lockin the thread to prevent troll from pouring in. Open once ur discussion is over. Hope u can get some compensation  biggrin.gif

nullpointer better settle this before this shit hits the fan again.  biggrin.gif
I wish I could.. but eventually I might have to face legal advisor too.
TSFighteden
post Jul 5 2014, 03:45 AM

Stark Industries
976 posts

Thread will be locked for now.

Will update more tomorrow.
#aten
post Jul 5 2014, 03:45 AM

Getting Started
250 posts

QUOTE(wakata2014 @ Jul 5 2014, 03:37 AM)
The obvious lesson here is that if it is not your picture, you don't own it.

However, at the same time, since USM used the image in providing non commercial education, the argument its usage is covered under fair use.
fair use apa without respecting others IP?

and just because they're educational institution it fare them to pick any pictures on the interwebs without crediting the owner?

let say your masjid/church doing this how you feel like they're holier than thou institution, teach people to do good deeds etcetera but then they're holy to do steal others property (in this case a nicely done pictures) and defy what they've been teaching?

2 wrongs doesn't make a right. salah curik IP org lain, and salah jugak to defect the good bits of the property by removing the watermarks to indicate no one should know to whom the property belongs and try to make it to look like your own.
TSFighteden
post Jul 5 2014, 02:12 PM

Stark Industries
976 posts

*update: 1:15PM, 5th July*
Talked to the site Admin on the phone and agreed to meet up tomorrow at 10AM in USM.

There's more to the story behind, the site Admin was not alerted and they thought I am claiming for some flowery image on the main page.

Will update more when the whole story unfolds tomorrow.
TSFighteden
post Jul 5 2014, 04:04 PM

Stark Industries
976 posts

My case is covered in a local news site

http://newmalaysianpost.com/2014/07/05/jur...anpa-kebenaran/
TSFighteden
post Jul 6 2014, 01:03 PM

Stark Industries
976 posts

*update: 11:15AM, 6th July*
Had an hour discussion with Mr. Khairil and his boss. Basically those images were given to them by another IPT section, and it was cropped out by them. I was told they was more than 8 photos in their possession, which is now taken down totally.

A detailed report on how those images was obtained will be given to by next week.

Mr. Khairil's boss has agreed to terms that they will seek to use those images in a proper manner and will let me know how many of those images they want to use.

Will update more once everything has been finalized and signed the contract given to them for the intended images.
TSFighteden
post Jul 11 2014, 08:55 PM

Stark Industries
976 posts

A public apology statement from USM:

http://www.usm.my/index.php/ms/admin/news-...tanpa-kebenaran

14 Pages « < 12 13 14
Bump Topic Topic ClosedOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0136sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:41 AM