Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

RTS 三囯志 XI (Koei) Romance of Three Kingdoms, Share your experience here...

views

TSKingHenry14
post Aug 16 2006, 02:40 PM, updated 17y ago

Casual
416 posts

Anybody ROTK fan in LYN? Lai...lai..come and share your strategy/tactics/experience.. icon_rolleyes.gif
TSKingHenry14
post Aug 16 2006, 03:07 PM

Casual
416 posts

QUOTE(madmaxsean @ Aug 16 2006, 02:55 PM)
ur game is full chinese version of half chinese version?
i bought a half chinese version... that half of the conversation and game text are in Japanse.... i totally cant uunderstand on it... now giv up to play liao.,... sweat.gif  rclxub.gif
Is it? because some bugs happened to my Chinese Star Windows XP version and it made the translation not fully complete. Well, I will access again right after installing another Chinese Star XP version.

But how's the game play? Previously I played San9 but missed out San10. Heard that the graphics is in 3D. So how is the battle mode? Do the Generals well equipped with many skills such as the ability changing the weather like what have been found in San9??
TSKingHenry14
post Aug 18 2006, 09:41 AM

Casual
416 posts

QUOTE(brinkc @ Aug 18 2006, 09:18 AM)
i finished Sango11 already, found that this series not as fun as version 10, maybe i am not a good empirer~ haha
wanna ask you since you have finished the game. Do you really have to install Chinese Star XP version to view the chinese words? If your windows has the chinese language pack, will it be good enough?

Then, can you create your own heros, I mean typing the chinese word and make your own hero in San 11?

TSKingHenry14
post Aug 21 2006, 09:47 AM

Casual
416 posts

QUOTE(brinkc @ Aug 21 2006, 09:21 AM)
i just found that there are some hidden places in the map~ is time to replay once more.
By the way, my one is Jap version, sigh...cannot understand what it says during installing...how about yours one? A complete Chinese Version?
TSKingHenry14
post Oct 27 2006, 11:22 AM

Casual
416 posts

QUOTE(Nightfalls @ Oct 10 2006, 03:29 PM)
Well.. Latest i played is RTK IX ... i can't create char eventhough i installed NJ STar... Windows XP Language Pack... watever chinese program i also install liao.. i juz can't type the chinese name... dam sienz
Actually RTK IX can be played if you wish to create special character by typing chinese word.

I have done that before by using Chinese Star in Windows ME. When you type the pinyin, you won't see what you are typing but when you hit enter, the particular word will pop out from the screen.

TSKingHenry14
post May 9 2007, 11:07 AM

Casual
416 posts

QUOTE(brinkc @ Aug 24 2006, 09:33 AM)
there are some hidden "building" on the map, i got 1 free "Bow" level up when i accidently found that place, i believe there are still somemore out there. but i just dont know what's the requirements to get those places out.
Hi Brinkc, have you found anymore hidden building in the map?

Is the hidden building located somewhere among the mountains??

If anyone knows it, please share your info as well.
TSKingHenry14
post May 10 2007, 10:56 AM

Casual
416 posts

QUOTE(Charsiupao @ May 10 2007, 02:50 AM)
For those of you who want good tips on the game, but can't read Chinese websites, here's a good link:-

http://the-scholars.com/viewforum.php?f=2

The Scholars of Shen Zhou are very knowledgeable about the game, and are even working on a Jap-English patch.

I got my Chinese version (with PUK) in Suntec City, Singapore and it cost me over $100 Sing.. quite expensive, but really worth it. It's a really good game. I'm playing Yuan Shao as usual, and Gongsun Zan is quite scary now - no more walking over everyone in Hebei. By the time I've conquered Hebei either Liu Bei or Cao Cao will have established a foothold in central China.

It's hard to say which is best - all the RTK games are so different. The strategies for IX will not work in XI - and the choice of which general is good and which is lousy also changes a lot now. My favourite tip - have one "Bai Chu" and one "Gui Men" general in the same team - then you can cast almost unlimited lightning bolts. Better if you can get a girl with the energy-recovery skill.. then really unlimited! Downside is unless you play early scenario (or Rise of Heroes) you can't find generals with "Gui Men" as only Zhang Jian and Zhang Bao of the Yellow Turbans have the skill, unless you use the custom officers.
I play scenario starts from 194. Using a custom made warrior & located in Chang Sha.

In this San 11, I found out that comps are very aggressive. So I quickly expand my territory to those empty city and then focus in internal development.

Make sure more money rolls in, food, plenty weapons, battleship available and army of course.

I also build a lot of defensive arrow towers around my cities.

Sun Ce and Liu Biao kept on attacking me wave after wave.

I just stayed defence and counter. Ironically I have beheaded Sun Ce when he led his first wave attack. After that, it was all about Sun Quan kept on attacking me.

I found out that they became weaker & weaker after keep attacking me.

Then at last I destroyed all Liu Biao's troops and seized his last city.

Now Sun Quan only has 2 cities left. One of the cities is going to be seized by me soon as I am counter attacking his attacking troops.

Talking about counter attacking troops, I always let them come first so that I can know what type of troops they are coming to my cities.

So it will be very easy to counter and weaken them in short period.

This is how I play.

Please share if you have any other ideas.

TSKingHenry14
post May 14 2007, 03:06 PM

Casual
416 posts

Anybody experienced in finding the secret place to upgrade your military skills level?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:49 PM