Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Breathtaking Photos of China A Century Ago

views

kendo88
post Jul 2 2014, 09:19 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(ReWeR @ Jul 2 2014, 08:47 PM)
during few hundreds years ago, upper class society have come out a very sicked culture, that all women should bind their feet while young, and never let it grow. so it show to other people these women will never able to walk fast (they will forever have a foot of small child) and show off that they do not need to work.

very soon this culture spread to everyone, because all girls want to be in the upper class society right? foot binding is a very inhuman and painful, some Qing dynasty emperors actually try to stop it but failed, because all women just want to be pretty and to pleasure the men (all men in that era likes binded foot). Women are nothing more than a sex tool, as long as able to survive, they really don't mind to torture their own foot, and tell everyone they are happy about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_binding

So you see, China do have a very dark taliban history b4. Whenever I see some other cultures going thru a dark age and accuse Chinese do not understand the struggle of women, I just give them a smile. tongue.gif
true,lots of them still taliban till 1920-30s

parents do not see the need to send daughters to schools or higher education,my grandma was a victim of it. Educated until primary school, then the rest have to grind it out herself,while her brothers all graduated properly from high schools etc. In the end, she was still smarter and better off than the rest of the siblings.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.19    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:24 PM