14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games PES 2015, Winner of Sports Game of the Year 2014

views

TSizzudrecoba
post Jul 1 2014, 01:02 PM

Enthusiast
749 posts

QUOTE(RevolutionWorks @ Jul 1 2014, 08:43 AM)

vs

hmmm  hmm.gif  cant really judged because not much footage of PES 2015 yet
Thanks bro look sharing!

Looks awesome witht that visual upgrades biggrin.gif
dOtcO[m]
post Jul 1 2014, 01:54 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

QUOTE(kenlimfornication @ Jun 30 2014, 05:39 PM)
No one is talking about the online mode? It's so hard to find a match to play online, and the modes are so limited.

Recently jumped ship to FIFA. I'm surprised how easy and quickly I get  matched up with an opponent and rarely lagged. Thoroughly enjoy the online modes even though kena tapao most of the time.
haha I, too, have difficulty finding online players in WE2013. Then i decided to buy PES2014 (R2) because i wasn't planning to play online.
btw, as people have said; Go for PES if you like realism in gameplay or FIFA is you like multi modes and online. you can still get much realism in fifa if you play full manual controls though..

QUOTE(RevolutionWorks @ Jul 1 2014, 08:43 AM)

vs

hmmm  hmm.gif  cant really judged because not much footage of PES 2015 yet
i hate it when fifa never release the actual gameplay video. doh.gif
Killer Tomato
post Jul 4 2014, 02:44 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Leaked PES 2015 gameplay video...
70% built..
qudeenz360
post Jul 4 2014, 02:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,761 posts

QUOTE(Killer Tomato @ Jul 4 2014, 02:44 PM)

Leaked PES 2015 gameplay video...
70% built..
perghhhh gila goyang dah aku..

AFC league confirm ada JDT nanti.. rclxm9.gif rclxm9.gif
aun104
post Jul 7 2014, 10:59 AM

30 posts

When is the demo out?
Angel of Deth
post Jul 9 2014, 03:14 PM

Regular
1,242 posts

Whilst FIFA have all the bells and whistles but i can't help to think about PES when watching World Cup 2014. The midfields are very important part of your team, unlike in FIFA which can be bypassed with only two button presses.

Hopefully PES 2015 will refine the gameplay of 2014 with added contents as PES really suffers from lack of game modes and presentation. This year also will mark the inaugral debut of their London studio with hoping to westernized the game a lil' bit. Also they will be releasing stats and line-up update weekly, similar to FIFA.

"The player parameter system for PES has been completely rebuilt, working with key community sites across the globe to create the most realistic player stats database."

"PES 2015 now boasts a huge array of players that both look and play like their real-life counterparts. KONAMI has faithfully recreated over 1000 players this year, with bespoke animations and playing styles across its extensive player roster. They run like they should, play the way they do in real life, and react emotionally as they would to fouls, goals or referee decisions – with their frame of mind actually affecting how they play!"

I always thought PES always have the better player faces and model, and PES 2014 with FOX Engine bring that level of realism onto the next level. PES 2014 claimed to have over 1000 realistic faces and i think it is true after the game has been patched several times. PES 2015 set to have all those faces from the very beginning since the game is running on the same FOX engine, it will be easier to port the previous to newer version. I don't even think FIFA got such wide array of realistic player databases. Usually they only do realistic face-capture for the faces of their official partner clubs ie: Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham, Barcelona etc. They don't even have the real faces of several well-known players such as Mario Mandzukic and Diego Lopez because of the non-partnership with their parent's club. With PES, this is a non-issue since every of their player faces are custom-made, build from scratch with the exception of Japanese National Team (face-capture).

No longer the game is handled solely by the Japanese. The UK studio will be helping regarding cultures and atmosphere, so we can expect better presentation for this year iteration.

The Official Website also has undergoes severe make-over. Very stylish and professional even for their standard.

Angel of Deth
post Jul 10 2014, 10:18 AM

Regular
1,242 posts

MADE IN BRITAIN: HOW KONAMI UK IS BUILDING A BETTER PES 2015

By Andy Robinson on Tuesday 8th Jul 2014 at 1:00 PM UTCDE IN BRITAIN: HOW KONAMI UK IS BUILDING A BETTER PES 2015

With FIFA now dominating the football genre for its seventh straight year, Konami's rival PES team has had much time to reflect on past glories and analyse its failed comebacks.

Much like EA had done when its own series was languishing behind, Konami has spent years evaluating what made PES the de facto football sim, and why it lost its lead.

Though PES in recent years has entered into a cycle of over-promising and under-delivering, overall much progress has been made. PES 2013 was a particular breakthrough, having achieved the series' best critical response since the PS2 glory days.

Last year, in the twilight of the last console generation, the franchise introduced its biggest shake up yet, with the disruptive implementation of Kojima Productions' Fox Engine ensuring cutting-edge visuals and meticulously detailed animations - but at a cost.

PES 2014 was a bold and distinct instalment of the nineteen year-old series, but even Konami admits that its laser-focus on realism caused many fans - historically unmoved by authentic kits and players - to question the direction that the series was heading.

Freshly-promoted EU brand man, Adam Bhatti, was community manager at the time, and gives a refreshingly blunt assessment of where PES 2014 went wrong:

"Last year we tried to do something drastic and change the game with Fox Engine; make the visuals absolutely amazing, but maybe not capture that gameplay feeling that fans wanted.

"WE SAT EVERYONE DOWN TO EARMARK THE PERFECT ERA FOR PES... IT WAS REALLY EASY"

"In PES 2014 the goals were all similar... you knew when you couldn't score from somewhere. Then there was the actual one-on-one between players; PES used to be all about using the left stick - not a second 'trick' stick. That's something we used to frown upon."

Fan backlash to the previous game's technological push - a strategy meant to give the series a much-needed kick start - caused a crisis meeting at Konami. The result, says Bhatti, is a philosophy focused entirely on the 'feel' of gameplay.

Skim across the PES 2015 feature list and you'll see a raft of bullet points designed to instil the feeling of classic PES, including improved response times, dribbling, shooting and no reliance on trick moves.

"The first thing we did was sit everyone down to earmark the perfect era for PES. It was really easy, actually; PES 5 and PES 6 are still regarded as great football games. But it's not just about making those games HD - we had to capture the feelings.

user posted image

"When I played PES 6, I felt like I had full control over my player at all times - it was very responsive in a way that PES 2014 wasn't. There was a relationship between the striker and the goalkeeper... it's that feeling that no one goal is the same.

"When PES was good there weren't any licenses - it was Man Red vs. Man Blue - but the gameplay was amazing and you'd tell your mates about it. That's what we want to recapture and get people believing in us again."

Senior creative producer Naoya Hatsumi agrees with Bhatti's assessment, telling CVG that in future his team needs to find a tighter balance between technology, realism and gameplay.

One way Konami plans to rectify this is with its latest gamble: the creation of a second PES development team in the UK, situated just outside of London. PES 2015 will be the first instalment developed between Japan and Europe.

"Creating PES games in Japan has given us advantages and disadvantages," Hatsumi explained, "and the disadvantages lie in overcoming the cultural differences.

"How westerners view football is very different from easterners, in terms of feeling and things you can't describe in words.

"We want to incorporate that European style of football and value that as much as we do our own view of football, in terms of presentation, design and also technological advancements. All of this becomes much more possible when we collaborate."

"HOW WESTERNERS VIEW FOOTBALL IS VERY DIFFERENT FROM EASTERNERS, IN TERMS OF FEELINGS YOU CAN'T DESCRIBE"

With the PES UK studio currently housing just twelve employees, Hatsumi stressed that the partnership is at an early stage and "constantly evolving".

However, one place Britain's influence is immediately apparent is in PES 2015's presentation, which has adopted a more modern, tile-based form.

The PES UK team tells CVG that UI was an "obvious" area in which it could broaden the game's appeal. When it comes to gameplay however, UK studio head James Cox assures his team is respectful of Japan's heritage.

"We have total freedom to design and suggest ideas, but of course we are working cooperatively with another team," he said. "The Japan team has ideas and concepts as well. They respect us and we respect them.

"We have total freedom to discuss and suggest, but of course what gets decided and actually ends up in the game... there are differing blends."

user posted image

For PES 2015, Cox's team has focused on overhauling the various game modes, including a new myClub online Master League, training mode and a 'social' control option, which allows groups of two or three players to operate a single football team.

"The modes are things we've been more involved in this year, but we've also fed back on various aspects of gameplay and the Japanese have been very open," he explained.

"For example, the social control mode is something that we suggested. They initially said, 'that's interesting, but we're not sure'. So we did a prototype, showed them in Tokyo and then they said, 'OK, we see what you mean now'. That's going to be the same with any two countries.

"There are things that we have been able to do faster. That social gameplay I think would've come up in Japan, or Canada, or anywhere else but I think we helped get their quicker. Our particular take on training as well, I would say we got to quicker.

user posted image

"We tried to make sure that all of those features were very accessible, but we learned from Japan that we must not forget the depth as well. It's quite tricky at times to blend those two together."

According to Cox, Pro Evo's geographical expansion will ensure a more globally appealing game. With EA's FIFA series predominantly developed in Canada and PES previously in Japan, this injection of European flair could provide the crucial differentiator.

"I can't speak for our competitors, but I think we have a great position [being in Europe]. We have easier access to the European football culture and stadiums.

"Anyone can travel around the world and go to football matches, but we can do it a little more easily. We've been to see Fulham and Arsenal train, the Champions League final... it's a good position to be in.

"That was part of the decision to put our European studio in the UK," Cox explained. "We've deliberately built a team of European game developers; we've got guys from Italy, Spain, Norway, Belgium... and as we continue we'll try to expand that.

"The idea is to naturally inject European football culture into the game. The Japanese guys are well aware of worldwide football, but just like I don't know Japanese football as well as them, they aren't going to quite know English or Italian football as well as us.

"This is a deliberate strategy to make PES more global - because football is a global game. Hopefully the end effect is that we can improve PES faster and keep making it more attractive to a global audience."

With such significant investments on and off the pitch, it's not difficult to believe that PES could one day soon be a real contender once more.

Byul 2014 at 1:00 PM UTC

This post has been edited by Angel of Deth: Jul 10 2014, 10:23 AM
tolaktakjatuh
post Jul 10 2014, 02:55 PM

Huehuehue
643 posts

Been playing PES on PC, it's my 1st time on PS4, soo, without PESedit, the PS4 version club names will be 'North London, Merseyside Red' right?
Angel of Deth
post Jul 10 2014, 07:14 PM

Regular
1,242 posts

QUOTE(tolaktakjatuh @ Jul 10 2014, 02:55 PM)
Been playing PES on PC, it's my 1st time on PS4, soo, without PESedit, the PS4 version club names will be 'North London, Merseyside Red' right?
Honestly the modding scene on PlayStation is even more happening than the PC. You got tons of realistic kitmakers there.
TSizzudrecoba
post Aug 8 2014, 11:57 AM

Enthusiast
749 posts

Konami, a prominent publisher and developer of hit titles has confirmed that PES 2015, along with Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain will be displayed during the Gamescom 2014 event. The expo is all set to take place in Cologne, Germany, on the dates, 13th to 17th of August.

user posted image

http://thefusejoplin.com/2014/08/pes-2015-...amescom-reveal/

teckyang97
post Aug 10 2014, 01:42 AM

RIP NEXUS 2010-2016
3,516 posts

When I played FIFA 13 and PES2014,first sight is that FIFA 13 has noticeably better graphics than PES2014(even though its 1 year more later),but after I played both of them,I just live PES2014 better,the controls,the way they move,the way they walk,and everything,also FIFA 13 is more complicated at the first sight while PES you can understand even the first time you're playing,so overall I prefer PES 2014 mainly due to gameplay and realism
Angel of Deth
post Aug 11 2014, 06:21 PM

Regular
1,242 posts

https://vine.co/u/1109905864221196288

*Shame there's no way to embed Vine here.

Player model looks infinitely better than FIFA, it's a fact. Mentioned about this on Steam forum months ago, cause some people there to butthurt.

Angel of Deth
post Aug 11 2014, 11:14 PM

Regular
1,242 posts

The crotch area is the testament to the attention to details for this year effort. I always maintain that PES has the best body physique and player model in general.
bug_vengeance
post Aug 12 2014, 10:33 AM

: Juve's Historic Battle :
7,131 posts

when the demo for ps4 will be out ?
WickyWeeky
post Aug 12 2014, 11:03 AM

16 posts

QUOTE(bug_vengeance @ Aug 12 2014, 10:33 AM)
Usually 2 or 3 weeks before release date..
winstonst
post Aug 13 2014, 05:08 PM

Getting Started
174 posts

cant wait!
EPL kick off this saturday as well! yeah!
StarSaber
post Aug 13 2014, 07:53 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

Is it confirm the launching date is 26th September?
Killer Tomato
post Aug 13 2014, 08:56 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(bug_vengeance @ Aug 12 2014, 10:33 AM)
September 17th

QUOTE(StarSaber @ Aug 13 2014, 07:53 PM)
Is it confirm the launching date is 26th September?
November 13th

wenb

gameplay video

This post has been edited by Killer Tomato: Aug 13 2014, 08:57 PM
Angel of Deth
post Aug 13 2014, 09:08 PM

Regular
1,242 posts

user posted image

After already releasing news of both the PES2015 release dates (including demo) and a brand new cover star, Konami have now released an absolute shedload of information about PES2015 including some rather swish photos of some of the new menu systems.

We've copied the whole press release below for you in all it's glory so read, digest, and then let us know what you're most excited about in the comments.

Konami Digital Entertainment B.V. has announced full details of the many additions it has made to the forthcoming PES 2015. With the publisher previously announcing its intent to elevate the game’s on-field realism to all-new levels, it has now confirmed PES 2015 both on and offline.

‘The pitch is ours’ is the ethos that dominates PES 2015. Through the combined efforts of the Tokyo and Windsor-based PES Productions team, the aim has been to recreate the drama and tension associated with a vital match. PES 2015 marks a concerted return to core PES values of total control, utterly responsive controls and unrestricted gameplay, where the user has complete control over how they play. Evert pass, shot or run is finely balanced to give maximum player satisfaction within PES 2015’s on-field action.

By looking at key facets of modern football, the PES Productions Team has completely reworked how the game performs key sections. The shooting and goal-keeping mechanics benefit from a new system that allows precise aim and control over a shot’s power and also unlimited shot styles. Similarly, the ‘ keepers intuitively close angles and are capable of an amazing number of ways to react to any situation. Passing and the final ball to the front line has also been expanded, allowing for little knock-ons and powerful daisy-cutter passes that use new physics routines to ensure the ball realistically behaves as it would. Close control also steps up a gear, with the player governing both the positioning of a player, but with greater options of how to dribble into space or beat your marker.

user posted image
The brand new PES2015 menu screen

Key On-Field Advances:

• Incredible Response Times: Lightning fast controls allows users to instinctively react to every movement when the ball is in play
  • On The Ball Abilities: Take on defenders using each player’s bespoke dribbling skills, as opposed to relying on ‘trick’ moves. New skills include Close control, responsive sprint and incorporating a much wider range of pace - from walking to sprinting
  • Case for Defence: Users have complete control over when to close down, tackle, or hold up play. Successful defending is based entirely on the decisions the user makes

New Generation Highlights

• Behavioural Patterns: PES 2015 now boasts a huge array of players that both look and play like their real-life counterparts. KONAMI has faithfully recreated over 1000 players this year, with bespoke animations and playing styles across its extensive player roster. Teams automatically adopt their real-life game plan, whether it is counter-attacking, out wide, or defensively minded. They run like they should, play the way they do in real life, and react emotionally as they would to fouls, goals or referee decisions – with their frame of mind actually affecting how they play!
  • Poetry in Motion: The individuality of the players is further enhanced with seamless animations. No sacrifice to animation has been made in the pursuit of fast response, yet the movements flow effortlessly calculated in real-time and dependent on the player’s position in relation to the ball and its speed. Player models themselves are also carefully enhanced.
  • Bring the Noise: PES 2015 mirrors the atmosphere of a top-flight match. The crowd animations have been hugely enhanced, and the ebb and flow of a match is met with context-sensitive crowd effects and movements.
  • Let There Be Light: All in-game elements from players to crowd and stadium now benefit from a single source of lighting naturally bringing the game to life

PES ID Advances:

• PES ID: Teams are set up to play as they do in real-life, while their star players will work within this framework, but will be instantly recognisable via their runs and playing styles. The world’s greatest teams will not just move and find space like they would in real life. They will defend or attack like them automatically
  • Realistic Abilities: While the world’s greatest players are indeed capable of moments of incredible skill, PES 2015 focuses on their abilities as a player and not their flicks and tricks. Beating a man using pace and close control is key to attacking play, and only those that can will get away with rainbow flicks will. And, even then, not every time…

user posted image
The squad menu has also been changed

All-New Modes:

• myClub: Demanded by fans of the series, an extensive Master League Online overhaul allows players and managers to be added using accumulated GP points or via micro-transactions within club dealings. Agents are now used to meet player requirement criteria, while unhappy players can upset the balance of a side to detrimental effect. Team Sprit plays a key role, as the compatibility of the manager between the player, players with other teammates creates better teamwork impacted the on field performances
  • Live Updates: Weekly DLC updates will constantly update transfers and team line-ups across the English, French, Italian, Spanish and Brazilian leagues. Player data also updated based on current performances every week, so if a player is on a goal-scoring streak, his stats will be boosted accordingly in the update. Applied to online modes and optional within single-player mode

user posted image
MyClub will feature for the first time in PES2015.
  • Adaptable Match Environments: A good manager knows how to give his side every advantage. As manager, players can request the grass be left long to slow down short play, or watered to suit a passing style. You can tailor any part of your stadia to suit your bespoke needs
  • Accurate Player Stats: The player parameter system for PES has been completely rebuilt, working with key community sites across the globe to create the most realistic player stats database.
  • Second Divisions Added: PES 2015 features the second tier leagues from England, Spain, Italy and France for the first time in the series, vastly expanding the database of upcoming players to scout
  • Role Control: Role Control allows three players to divide the defensive, midfield and attacking roles between them for more structured multi-player action. This new mode means players govern their selected area and adds a new cooperative slant to the game.
  • Real Managers: In a first, real managers will feature in PES 2015 across a number of European and Latin American sides.
  • New In-Game Currency: GP system integrated. Earned within new myClub mode and unlocked via in-game achievements
  • Unlimited Edit Modes: Stadium editor is back with the combination choices available for: Pitch patterns, Side line colours, Seat colours and Goal net design to build your own home pitch. Other edit options includes Manager Editor, new player editing options and base copies for all players. To compliment the return of Stadium Editor, new licensed stadia have been added. Aesthetic details include depth of colour and worn patches to the pitch
  • Presentation Overhaul: Simpler, more effective menu system. PES 2015 also remembers your preferred modes for quicker access.

user posted image
PES2015 will benefit from constant live updates

Online Modes:
  • QuickMatch: Simpler ranking match-ups to speed up online games.
  • Online Divisions : Accrue points in online matches across a season to aim for a promotion or face delegation.
  • Dedicated 11v11 Lobbies: Makes large-scale multi-player games more fluid and easy to set up.
  • Cheat Measures: New courtesy system introduced to reduce online cheating.

Additional Improvements:
  • Master League: Revised structure for player growth, transfers, managers and auto-match settings. New cut-scenes and National Super Cups implemented.
  • Become A Legend: Training modes enhanced, specific BaL match simulations, new transfer and recruitment systems, including a second tier league.
  • Weather: Rain has been implemented.
  • Licensed Soundtrack: Featuring Cold War Kids , Calvin Harris, Imagine Dragons and Avicii,

PES 2015 isscheduled for release for PlayStation 4, XboxOne, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on November 13th. A free demo offering an tantalising taste of PES 2015’s on-field superiority will be available from September 17th on PlayStation 4, XboxOne, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
StarSaber
post Aug 13 2014, 10:41 PM

Getting Started
75 posts

QUOTE(Killer Tomato @ Aug 13 2014, 08:56 PM)
September 17th
November 13th

wenb

gameplay video
Aiya...why so late? I just cant continue to play fifa. Fifa is just not my cup of tea

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0337sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:24 PM