Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Preve having problem uphill over 30% gradient?, So there is this story I heard

views

ajaibman
post Jun 13 2014, 09:56 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

There's a rumor, Saga IAFM with CVT not released in Indon due to the fact road over there more haram than Msia and they failed to go up on certain hilly or mountainous roads over there.. (mind you the archipelago are full with Volcanoes and there's no shortage of gradient roads up the hill)

Perhaps that's related to this?

However, those previous Saga, Gen2, Persona and Satria Neo + Exora which still retained their Ktard slushbox 4 speed auto still able to climb.. (non turbo)
ajaibman
post Jun 13 2014, 10:22 AM

Getting Started
227 posts

QUOTE(alpha0201 @ Jun 13 2014, 10:17 AM)
I suspect the problem lies within the software calibration between the engine & transmission.

I don't get the same problem with Gen2 slushbox.
That is a well known issue with all the CVT Range of model from Proton recently, thats why Punch now insisted they doing the ECU engine software as well, however some mangkuk in COE shah alam refused and still want to do their own separate development..

Even those CFE engine based model keep on changing their ECU firmware.. as still have problem of of synchronization with the CVT gearbox.
ajaibman
post Jun 13 2014, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

Its NA IAFM engine lack of low end torque combined with clutch driven CVT ...

Exora CPS (7Seater) NA also has lack of grunt but still can climb on the slope. that because the proven old tech all mighty Slushbox Invecs II Mitsubishi gearbox smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0231sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:34 PM