post Nov 18 2018, 11:51 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

Anyone tried WRC detailing centre?
Par@dox
post Dec 23 2018, 11:09 PM

Gantzer
1,217 posts

Anyone has any experience with Waxson car care? How well do they do the prep before applying the coating?
davido
post Jan 13 2019, 09:29 PM

36 posts

Can I ask how much is Ceramic Pro coating? the basic one, I think is Bronze.

I know I can call them, but I want to get an indicative price first without getting sold by the salesguy.

davido
post Jan 13 2019, 09:42 PM

36 posts

I just share my experience using coating. I coated with Ecoat priced at RM4k for the top option (including interior) for my new Mercedes bought in year 2015. So its 3 and half years now.

This one have 4 years warranty. And every year need to send back for touch up.
Secondly they also claim can protect against slight scratches.

Ok, someone asked how did the coat perform after 6 or 12 months?
For me, it performed well, as good as new until about 3 years. The "just polished" is there until about 3 years. The yearly touch up - seems bullshit to me. It looks more like cleaning, remove the tar, but they did not reapply the coat. So I did not see the benefit of the yearly touch up and in fact, I did not go for the 3rd year touch up. My car now is 3 and half years old.

Second was about the protection from small scratches. Is totally bullshit. It doesn't protect squat. My car still scratched like no coating. The BAD POINT about this is that once scratched, you CANNOT polish your car. Polishing will remove light scratches, but I cannot polish my car or the coat will be removed. This means I need to live with the scratch. Which is what I did - very upset.

When I brought back to E-coat and asked them to remove the scratch, I was told have to pay RM300 or 400 for the bonnet alone, to polish and re-coat. Then I also got scratch at my left door and rear boot. In the end, I did the bonnet, but lived with the scratches at the other parts of my car.

Even the annual maintenance will not remove the scratch for me unless I pay extra. That's why I don't see the point of the annual maintenance.

However the coat itself works. That's why I still want to coat but this time want to try Ceramic Pro - and need to be extra careful not to scratch my car.

Jedi
post Jan 13 2019, 09:51 PM

Pax Et Bonum
2,239 posts

U can't avoid certain scratch or bumps if u park at public areas. Some people are just arsehole or really shit skills. Esp klang. Even parking at Nice spots u would come back and see a few stains there. I haven't get started on the doors. Some people don't give a F when open the door and knock yours.

Once I encountered a guy knock on mine at car park, confronted him and he keep sry sry.
Wanted to return the favor and give him a deep scratch but fker is smart and stay in car until I left.

Next time it's two tyres punctured if my mood is bad.
voncrane
post Jan 13 2019, 11:54 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(davido @ Jan 13 2019, 09:42 PM)
I just share my experience using coating. I coated with Ecoat priced at RM4k for the top option (including interior) for my new Mercedes bought in year 2015. So its 3 and half years now.

For me, it performed well, as good as new until about 3 years. The "just polished" is there until about 3 years. The yearly touch up - seems bullshit to me. It looks more like cleaning, remove the tar, but they did not reapply the coat. So I did not see the benefit of the yearly touch up and in fact, I did not go for the 3rd year touch up. My car now is 3 and half years old.

Second was about the protection from small scratches. Is totally bullshit. It doesn't protect squat. My car still scratched like no coating. The BAD POINT about this is that once scratched, you CANNOT polish your car. Polishing will remove light scratches, but I cannot polish my car or the coat will be removed. This means I need to live with the scratch. Which is what I did - very upset.

When I brought back to E-coat and asked them to remove the scratch, I was told have to pay RM300 or 400 for the bonnet alone, to polish and re-coat. Then I also got scratch at my left door and rear boot. In the end, I did the bonnet, but lived with the scratches at the other parts of my car.

Even the annual maintenance will not remove the scratch for me unless I pay extra. That's why I don't see the point of the annual maintenance.

However the coat itself works. That's why I still want to coat but this time want to try Ceramic Pro - and need to be extra careful not to scratch my car.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Always good to hear from long-term users. You've essentially reaffirmed all I suspect about "coating" the car. To sum it up, it's great for a display only car or a car that is rarely driven. But for a daily driver and on KV roads and highways? Nope, IMO...not worth it.

QUOTE(Jedi @ Jan 13 2019, 09:51 PM)
U can't avoid certain scratch or bumps if u park at public areas. Some people are just arsehole or really shit skills. Esp klang. Even parking at Nice spots u would come back and see a few stains there. I haven't get started on the doors. Some people don't give a F when open the door and knock yours.

Once I encountered a guy knock on mine at car park, confronted him and he keep sry sry.
Wanted to return the favor and give him a deep scratch but fker is smart and stay in car until I left.

Next time it's two tyres punctured if my mood is bad.
So true.. As a KL daily driver, I can tell you that you don't even have to park your car to get it scratched.. Plenty errant motorcyclists simply ride by during jam and whack your car.. Leaving a deep scratch and zoom off.. have had that happen so many times. I curse and curse.. but what to do, fella ran off d without even apologizing. Ever since the last one happened a few months back, I've decided to be that driver who in traffic jam, always blocks off one side and leaves the other wider for bikes to breeze through. Better this than the alternative, which is to chase the bike rider and knock em off the bike. That one no point cuz masuk jail.
ayamxxx
post Jan 14 2019, 02:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

As my car is a daily driving car, obviously I cannot prevent any scratch, rock chipping etc. Given that the coating will not prevent this scenario, with that budget of 4k, I think better i use it for my repainting the whole car on the 4th or 5th year.

Any good paint installer can make the car a brand new again
Mr.World Weary
post Jan 14 2019, 10:04 AM

Mysterio
626 posts

Nice sharing, I just saw Ecoat's Fb ads. What I understand from you is, this Ecoat can last for 3 years, and the warranty does not cover scratches right?
They are promoting that no maintenance required, which other brands they will ask consumers to drive in again every 6 months to do regular maintenance. Any opinion?

davido
post Jan 15 2019, 04:33 PM

36 posts

QUOTE(Mr.World Weary @ Jan 14 2019, 10:04 AM)
Nice sharing, I just saw Ecoat's Fb ads. What I understand from you is, this Ecoat can last for 3 years, and the warranty does not cover scratches right?
They are promoting that no maintenance required, which other brands they will ask consumers to drive in again every 6 months to do regular maintenance. Any opinion?
I don't know if they changed their package, but my package with ecoat is 4 years warranty.
I remember being told the benefit of coating is it protect from small light scratches. They never mentioned any warranty on it.
Of course I don't expect protection from deep scratches, but I expect protection against light paintwork scratches that can be polished out. Unfortunately they wanted to charge me money for that.

No maintenance required is true beyond the normal car wash and reasonable care. Once a year they asked me to send in for maintenance. I don't think they re-coated during the maintenance, neither removed any scratches (for free) during the annual maintenance.
What I had was a cleaned up interior, polished my tail pipe, nice clean rims, etc. Its more like cleaning work.

Mr.World Weary
post Jan 15 2019, 05:46 PM

Mysterio
626 posts

QUOTE(davido @ Jan 15 2019, 04:33 PM)
I don't know if they changed their package, but my package with ecoat is 4 years warranty.
I remember being told the benefit of coating is it protect from small light scratches. They never mentioned any warranty on it.
Of course I don't expect protection from deep scratches, but I expect protection against light paintwork scratches that can be polished out. Unfortunately they wanted to charge me money for that.

No maintenance required is true beyond the normal car wash and reasonable care. Once a year they asked me to send in for maintenance. I don't think they re-coated during the maintenance, neither removed any scratches (for free) during the annual maintenance.
What I had was a cleaned up interior, polished my tail pipe, nice clean rims, etc. Its more like cleaning work.
I see, for the "cleaning work" is FOC ?
some other brands do offer free recoat if your vehicle had accident, or their maintenance does have re-coat but not FOC.
But if based on your experience, Ecoat can tahan 3 years then no bad also lar, unless got deep scratches.

nyunyu
post Jun 29 2020, 11:07 PM

His Royal Highness
1,388 posts

After reading this thread I can't decide if I should sent in my car for coating or use it nekkid. I like the idea of having a protective layer to avoid scratches but most of you users says it won't really prevent scratches? So, what's the point really?

So, my question is, do you recommend ceramic coating from Ceramic Pro or Modesta or GTechnic?

Or go with protective film instead?

This post has been edited by nyunyu: Jun 29 2020, 11:12 PM
ayamxxx
post Jun 30 2020, 12:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,073 posts

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Jun 29 2020, 11:07 PM)
After reading this thread I can't decide if I should sent in my car for coating or use it nekkid. I like the idea of having a protective layer to avoid scratches but most of you users says it won't really prevent scratches? So, what's the point really?

So, my question is, do you recommend ceramic coating from Ceramic Pro or Modesta or GTechnic?

If i take a brand new car, i will take ppf for front area of the car. As my current car, 1st year already had massive stone chip all front bumper. Coating for me is not worth it. Better i exercise do wax by my own.
Xccess
post Jun 30 2020, 04:43 AM

Twinkle lil Stars
2,695 posts

Anyone tried getting 9H or 10H nano coating off the shelve and do their own application? Maybe for touch up work?

Waregem
post Jun 30 2020, 08:16 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Jun 29 2020, 11:07 PM)

Protective film is very costly. Some even started to wear off after one year due to heat in Malaysia. But it do prevent scratches on the surface. Coating choices are secondary. The prep work is the most important. You may also consider to purchase your own coating material such as carpro c quartz and let the detailer prep and coat for you. Some freelance detailers having such services.
nyunyu
post Jun 30 2020, 04:13 PM

His Royal Highness
1,388 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Jun 30 2020, 12:21 AM)
If i take a brand new car, i will take ppf for front area of the car. As my current car, 1st year already had massive stone chip all front bumper. Coating for me is not worth it. Better i exercise do wax by my own.
Yep, heard ppf is more costly and on a white car it will eventually turned yellowish.

QUOTE(Waregem @ Jun 30 2020, 08:16 AM)
Protective film is very costly. Some even started to wear off after one year due to heat in Malaysia. But it do prevent scratches on the surface. Coating choices are secondary. The prep work is the most important. You may also consider to purchase your own coating material such as carpro c quartz and let the detailer prep and coat for you. Some freelance detailers having such services.
With coating, some say it is watermark magnets and required more care than cars without. My aim is to have scratch resistance but if coating doesn't really help much, might as well maintain the car with normal detailing once in a while.

So, is coating recommended? yay? nay?
Waregem
post Jul 1 2020, 01:41 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(nyunyu @ Jun 30 2020, 04:13 PM)
Yep, heard ppf is more costly and on a white car it will eventually turned yellowish.
With coating, some say it is watermark magnets and required more care than cars without. My aim is to have scratch resistance but if coating doesn't really help much, might as well maintain the car with normal detailing once in a while.

So, is coating recommended? yay? nay?
If you aim for scratch resistance, then PPF would be better choice.
If you just want to add a layer of protection, normal wax or seal would better than coating as coating does not guaranteed no scratches. Or we shall put in this way, if light scratches, it is on the coating itself (depends on the hardness of coating itself), not the painted surface but it would visible to naked eyes too.
Coating doesn't prevent watermarks (in fact coating needed extra care or maintenance), scratches and stone chip.
Waregem
post Jul 1 2020, 01:45 AM

9 posts

QUOTE(Xccess @ Jun 30 2020, 04:43 AM)
Anyone tried getting 9H or 10H nano coating off the shelve and do their own application? Maybe for touch up work?
I would personally avoid those coating claiming that has hardness of 10H as in MOHS hardness scale it's diamond harness, it's impossible that the seller sell you "liquid" diamond tongue.gif
You may ask the seller on what hardness scale it is based on, and you would be surprice that some might just pencil hardness scale in which is very soft even it's on 10H. tongue.gif

If you want to DIY coating, better you choose branded coating such as carpro c-quartz, IGL coating etc. but, coating itself is easy, the difficult part always the prep works.
rusty27
post Jul 24 2020, 07:01 PM

Getting Started
108 posts

Anyone tried ceramic pro coating. Any reviews so far?? Saw the gold package with tinted is rm3900. 7 years warranty with free maintenance. Even car got any accident n change part also can go do coating again for free.
StevenL
post Feb 15 2021, 05:13 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

zheilwane how's your coating holding up so far? Still white or yellow? Need your review after few years?
StevenL
post Feb 15 2021, 05:15 PM

Enthusiast
732 posts

QUOTE(voncrane @ Jan 13 2019, 11:54 PM)
So true.. As a KL daily driver, I can tell you that you don't even have to park your car to get it scratched.. Plenty errant motorcyclists simply ride by during jam and whack your car.. Leaving a deep scratch and zoom off.. have had that happen so many times. I curse and curse.. but what to do, fella ran off d without even apologizing. Ever since the last one happened a few months back, I've decided to be that driver who in traffic jam, always blocks off one side and leaves the other wider for bikes to breeze through. Better this than the alternative, which is to chase the bike rider and knock em off the bike. That one no point cuz masuk jail.
So you didn't do coat or ppf etc? How are you maintaining your CX5 (if not mistaken)?

14 Pages « < 11 12 13 14 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0211sec    0.36    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:11 AM