15 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Games Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4), *stealth mode on*

views

SSJBen
post Nov 12 2014, 03:38 AM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

It's not the problem with the design of the game, AC Unity is a good return to the roots of AC2. Arno has personality, unlike Connor and Edward Kenway who are even more boring than looking at sheeps.
The story flows decently, but there should have been a better sense of pace because timeline can suddenly jump from months to year without the game specifically telling you it's been that long. It's almost as if the devs are scared of what happened to AC3, an over lengthy introduction that spanned over 3 chapters. France is huge and beautiful, brutal when it needs to (although there should have been more scenes of brutality, it felt rushed).

However, don't buy this game. Why?

The problem with Unity is that this game, is a horse load full of bugs, graphical glitches, horrendous framerates, audio cut-out issues, and the stupidity of tying in-game chests to uplay (which means, guess what, uplay won't work in the first week of a new game release, ever). NPCs that teleports from the sky into the ground? Check. Guards that chase you with half their head in the ground, check! Characters clipping into their costumes, double checked! Framerate in the low 20s when there are NO NPCs around? Heck yes! Like, what kind of stupidity is this? AC is a AAA franchise, where there are hundreds of people working on it and this is the bullcrap that we get?

What makes it worse? It's the fact that the monkeys at ubikayu has the thickest face to say that their game is absolutely rock solid on consoles and on the PC. Yes, they said it after the resolution bump down to 900p, to "optimize" the console experience. If this horse load of nonsense that breaks the game is "optimizing", then God save the gaming industry because I won't be playing and reviewing another Ubisoft game from here on out.

Go F yourself Ubisoft.

*P.S
Whose bright idea was it to remove hidden blades during combat? It was so damn badass in every AC game prior to this. There's zero reason for taking it out, zero. Whoever it was that decided hidden blades should be disabled during combat needs a kick in the face.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Nov 12 2014, 03:49 AM
SilverCrimz
post Nov 12 2014, 05:01 AM

Enthusiast
864 posts

spend $99.99 on Assassin's Creed Unity's new in-game currency

this just saddens me even more though i know everything is optional and this has been done before but still....
WickyWeeky
post Nov 12 2014, 07:30 AM

16 posts

OH MY LAWD!!!!!!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
inkyoctopuss
post Nov 12 2014, 08:46 AM

Getting Started
80 posts

Hahaha ok this funny ^
shinjite
post Nov 12 2014, 09:20 AM

�ŞħĬΩĵΐŦ��
All Stars
19,176 posts

Ubisoft should get buttflamed for this monstrosity of an AC game after all the hype they builds marketing it and in the end, it sucks horse load
kirakosmos
post Nov 12 2014, 09:25 AM

On my way
501 posts

I long already abandoned this series because I, not hate the series but the gameplay getting repeat over & over the years like Samurai Warriors. At least Samurai Warriors has a long gap between releases. I should stop at III because of its dull protagonist. Sure Black Flag bring expanded pirate feature in III but still it won't impressed me because the mission in BF getting repetitive (Never finish Black Flag). I'm glad I did miss this installment.

This post has been edited by kirakosmos: Nov 12 2014, 09:26 AM
etonggg_13
post Nov 12 2014, 10:18 AM

31 posts

Wow the reviews are pretty bad, after all the hype of it going to revitalize the series and whatnot. Plus the graphic are worse on PS4 than on XboxOne, where it's supposed to be the other way around.
Was thinking of buying this one over DA Inquisition or LBP3, but this makes it easier to choose in the end haha.
Too bad though. I love the idea of exploring Paris.
wilsonjay
post Nov 12 2014, 10:20 AM

6 Stars Social Justice Warrior
1,605 posts

There's a day one patch? But even if it patches the bugs, it already gave a bad impression.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/1...ssues/#/slide/1
soul_fly9900
post Nov 12 2014, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
148 posts

Wow this year is full of dissappointment from hype games. Thankfully we have hidden gem like Shadow of Mordor. Hopefully Dragon Age Inquisition will break this curse of hype games.
G_KeN
post Nov 12 2014, 11:23 AM

~~Cheers love <3~~
1,453 posts

phew, good lawd i dodged a bullet with this one laugh.gif

i mean the e3 presentation was very interesting, but u know, ubisoft being ubish1t. heck i only played first 2 hours of watch dog n i quit, n the game box is now collecting dust.
TSRei7
post Nov 12 2014, 11:43 AM

Game, anime and headphones ❤️
1,665 posts

Can't trust Ubisoft anymore at this rate really. After Watch_Dogs, and now this.. What is next Far Cry 4 as well? We shall see I guess.

I think i'll still enjoy the game, but i'm definitely gonna sell it when i'm done.
SGSuser
post Nov 12 2014, 12:37 PM

In your way
2,423 posts

huhue...7.8 on ign

7 on gamespot

gta5 pls fast out~
Nuet88
post Nov 12 2014, 12:58 PM

0 posts

7/10. Not good and not bad also. Finish 30% main story atm. This games quite fun for me. Gameplay smooth on ps4 even on 30fps. Never lags or frame rate drop for digital version. Graphics look great. Sometimes the stealth is quite funny. Server very hard to connect, especially why you try to open gold chest. Always fail to connect.

Clearly not the best chapter in AC series but still great games. I agree this games is hypes, Ubisoft shows only great point of the games. Well it marketing.

This games worth my money. i put it 3rd place behind shodow of mordor and 2nd son and still better than drive club and destiny. (talk about collection, not overall ps4 games.

If you don't like the games, i suggest dont buy it. I like it, you might not. Dont want people to hate me. haha

This post has been edited by Nuet88: Nov 12 2014, 01:01 PM
wilsonjay
post Nov 12 2014, 01:59 PM

6 Stars Social Justice Warrior
1,605 posts

now i have a dilemma whether to suck it up and play it or sell it off.
TSRei7
post Nov 12 2014, 02:13 PM

1,665 posts

I know I'll like the game, but I definitely can't stand the day 1 problem..
People are reporting servers are down everywhere and that you can't open loot chest and etc because of the server.
It's like Watch_Dogs all over again, with the online experienced killed by the server not holding it up well enough.
There are bugs everywhere and people are teleporting here and there. A bit unacceptable for me.

I'll wait for sale and once they patched all the bugs..I guess. Cancelled my pre-order.
wkn
post Nov 12 2014, 02:31 PM

Getting Started
178 posts

digital foundry says the Xbox One version frequently out-performs the PS4 version. doh.gif

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalf...rmance-analysis

obviously the PS4 version was not optimized. i will not be buying anymore games from ubisoft until they stop this parity bullshit.

TSRei7
post Nov 12 2014, 02:33 PM

1,665 posts

QUOTE(wkn @ Nov 12 2014, 02:31 PM)
digital foundry says the Xbox One version frequently out-performs the PS4 version.  doh.gif

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalf...rmance-analysis

obviously the PS4 version was not optimized. i will not be buying anymore games from ubisoft until they stop this parity bullshit.
Thank you for the info. That's really bad optimization there without a doubt. Even the Xbox One version is not really acceptable. doh.gif

This post has been edited by Rei7: Nov 12 2014, 02:34 PM
Cheap_Kicks
post Nov 12 2014, 05:21 PM

2 posts

Despite the negative feedbacks, I'm still gonna play it anyway. Already set a date with it this weekend. Hopefully it's not thattttt bad.
leftycall9
post Nov 12 2014, 05:36 PM

Regular
1,035 posts

QUOTE(WickyWeeky @ Nov 12 2014, 07:30 AM)
OH MY LAWD!!!!!!
user posted image

user posted image
good God! shocking.gif

is that graphic glitch?

I already done with this franchise after finishing Black Flag. Everything feels repetitive now
zheyao123
post Nov 12 2014, 06:03 PM

6 posts

QUOTE(WickyWeeky @ Nov 12 2014, 07:30 AM)
OH MY LAWD!!!!!!
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
looked scary shit !!!!

15 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0196sec    0.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:08 PM