Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Cebu, Philippines, Travelling

views

TStwhong_91
post Jul 12 2015, 10:24 PM

1,613 posts

QUOTE(adolph @ Jul 12 2015, 10:01 PM)
bro, any updated.

i want to check your journey until the last days.
Ya. Stay tuned. Haha..
TStwhong_91
post Jul 12 2015, 10:32 PM

1,613 posts

Day 3

We woke up at 5.30am to get ready for snorkelling with the whale shark and also oslob day tour which includes snorkelling with whale shark, visiting tumalog falls and also the parish church.

The driver came sharp at 5 something to pick us up.

Firstly, we went to a local restaurant to have our breakfast which was included in the tour package.

Attached Image
Mango and sticky rice

After that we headed straight for the whale sharks.
Attached Image
Briefing session

Attached Image
Sailing to there

Will update again later.

Attached Image
picture of the shale shark

*You can opt to not wearing the life jacket if you are really good in water. I did not wear the life jacket and jumped into the sea, I regretted instantly because swimming doesn't make you good in there. LOL...

We went to Tumalog falls soon after snorkeling with the whale sharks.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Tumalog Falls, pictures speak a thousand words

*Vehicles are not allowed to enter there as the road is very steep and narrowed. You can walk to there around 15 mins or ask the motorbike owners to give you a ride (Return), it will cost you php50 for a ride.

Next, we went to Parish Church for some sight seeings.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Parish Church

That's the end of our tour and we went back to the same restaurant for lunch. We had some local food as well, the food was just so-so and almost tasted like chinese food. LOL... Sorry I did not take any pics.

We also went to a souvenir shop which was just opposite of the restaurant to buy some souvenirs. The lady boss was firm in her prices in which she refused to give discounts even you buy many of the souvenirs from there. haha..

It was already 12 something when we reached our resort.

My friend and I went to Liloan Port to enquire the staff whether they had any fast boat services available tomorrow as we had planned to go to Sibulan the next day. *It was just a 5 mins walk from Eden Resort.

However, they did not know whether they would be able to offer this service because they needed to make sure that the coast guards allow them to operate or not.

So, my friend and I went to another port/terminal to ask the coast guard. The coast guard wasn't sure as well because it depends on the weather. But he also told us that there was another port from here to Sibulan and they use big vessels/ferries to fetch people to Sibulan (This means that if the weather is bad you can take the ferry to Sibulan). *It operation starts from 7am if i am not mistaken.

My friend and I also swam with the local kids at the port there because the sea was very clean but when we used the snorkeling gear, lol, it was not that clean actually. rolleyes.gif

After that we both went back to our resort to get some rest and went for snorkeling again at the Eden Resort beach.

Attached Image
Only one picture because most of the snorkeling was videos

We also swam at the hotel pool and had dinner there as well. It should be my relatives had dinner there while some of us had maggie noodles as dinner. Haha... no choice as we needed to save some money for later days.

We just chilled at the lobby there at night to enjoy the free wifi and that's it. smile.gif

This post has been edited by twhong_91: Jul 13 2015, 08:11 PM
adolph
post Jul 12 2015, 11:03 PM

Hail the hitler
832 posts

QUOTE(twhong_91 @ Jul 12 2015, 10:32 PM)
Day 3

We woke up at 5.30am to get ready for snorkelling with the whale shark and also oslob day tour which includes snorkelling with whale shark, visiting tumalog falls and also the parish church.

The driver came sharp at 5 something to pick us up.

Firstly, we went to a local restaurant to have our breakfast which was included in the tour package.

Attached Image
Mango and sticky rice

After that we headed straight for the whale sharks.
Attached Image
Briefing session

Attached Image
Sailing to there

Will update again later.
how much your overall expense?
TStwhong_91
post Jul 13 2015, 08:13 PM

1,613 posts

QUOTE(adolph @ Jul 12 2015, 11:03 PM)
how much your overall expense?
Accommodation was the most expensive part, I did not really calculate my expenses. I spent roughly 1.3k MYR there, if included flight and hotels, I think should be somewhere around 2 to 2.2k.

The previous post is updated.
TStwhong_91
post Jul 14 2015, 09:20 AM

1,613 posts

Day 4

We wasted our one day with travelling from one place to another place due to typhoon/strong waves as told by the locals there. This means that anything could happen so plan your trip wisely or otherwise your life will be miserable.

Our initial plan was to go to Bohol from Liloan port, so it meant that we have to take a fastcraft from Liloan port to Sibulan port. Next, you would need to take any transportation from Sibulan port to Dumaguete.

There is only one fastcraft company provides daily trip from Dumaguete to Bohol or Tagbilaran. FYI, there is only one trip which is 3pm and it takes 2 hours to reach Tagbilaran/Bohol.

Attached Image

As I mentioned earlier, the trip was cancelled due to typhoon. Thus, we had to travel back to our resort which was crazy!!

When we reached the port, the locals told us there was a fastcraft operating there and they could bring us to Bohol. Actually, there was a private fastcraft/boat which I am not really sure because I did not see it myself, and the owner told us that she was not able to bring us to there due to the typhoon (This means that if there is a typhoon, fastcrafts are not gonna operate and the only option is big vessel/ferry).

At the end she told us that she had two private vans and offered us 16000php, after some negotiations then she agreed 15000php for 16 pax of people (another 4 china tourists). This price was totally ridiculous but it was the only fastest option for us to get back to Cebu city, so that we could then take the ferry to Bohol.

It took us around 3 hours to reach the ferry terminal. The bad news was all trips cancelled by all the fastcraft companies and the ferries only operate at 7pm (to Tagbilan, another side of Tagbilaran and it will take you another 1 and a half hour to reach Tagbilaran) and 9pm (Directly to Tagbilaran port).

Long story short, we took the 7pm ferry to Tagbilan and our hotel had someone to pick us up from there with only 1800php.

By the time we reached our hotel it was already 11.xxpm. doh.gif

*People in the Philippines, they don't like to queue up, they like to cut into the lines. LOL.. so make sure you cut into the lines if you don't want to be the last one to buy something

Attached Image
Buying ticket to Tagbilaran

Attached Image
There are kind of seats for you to choose from, this is the standard ones where you get to rest on bed.

This post has been edited by twhong_91: Jul 14 2015, 09:25 AM
TStwhong_91
post Jul 29 2015, 10:43 PM

1,613 posts

Day 5 (7.7.2015)

Some of the views of the hotel
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Ocean Suites Bohol

Attached Image
Breakfast

After the lovely breakfast, we rented motorbikes from the hotel staff for 600php but it was only for 12 hours if i am not mistaken. Anyway, I found out at Alona beach that the rate was only 350php for 12 hours at there.

*Please remember to check the condition of the rented motorbike, especially the tires because one of bike, its tire condition was really bad, and it punctured which took us almost 1 hour to fix the punctured tire. sweat.gif

Attached Image

sweat.gif sweat.gif

Firstly, we went to Bohol Quality mall to buy the fast craft ticket for tomorrow. However, the counter was actually opposite of Bohol Quality mall, which I can't remember the name of the mall, it is just opposite of BQ mall.

Attached Image

Tau Fu Fa selling outside of BQ mall, they added some artificial pearls inside which was very special and tasty as well. thumbup.gif

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
wyen
post Aug 4 2015, 11:11 PM

Casual
492 posts

Should go bohol also just 2 hrs ferry ride from Cebu. Famous for chocolate hills and tarsier
BlackPen
post Apr 25 2016, 05:41 PM

GOD Hand
865 posts

Hi, planned to go cebu for backing during raya (July). Isn't a nice place to backpack? how about backpacker hostel near the beaches? how about spending over there?
TStwhong_91
post Apr 25 2016, 10:06 PM

1,613 posts

QUOTE(BlackPen @ Apr 25 2016, 05:41 PM)
Hi, planned to go cebu for backing during raya (July). Isn't a nice place to backpack? how about backpacker hostel near the beaches? how about spending over there?
you can refer to my posts bro, however i dun know any backpacker hostel as i was travelling in a group of people so accommodation and transportation were not a big issue as we shared the costs together.

Spending wise, I can't really remember but the prices of food are quite similar to Msia, except some local street food.
iv'N
post May 24 2016, 02:19 PM

On my way
657 posts

is visiting cebu end of June a good idea?

read online that it may be starting of monsoon :|
gaeria84
post May 24 2016, 11:13 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(iv'N @ May 24 2016, 02:19 PM)
is visiting cebu end of June a good idea?

read online that it may be starting of monsoon :|
Didn't it already started? hmm.gif
This year it started earlier than usual unsure.gif
Azzat.x
post May 24 2016, 11:26 PM

Getting Started
293 posts

QUOTE(BlackPen @ Apr 25 2016, 05:41 PM)
afaik its not a backpacker friendly place. my route (lapulapu-cebu-moalboal-oslob-bohol-cebu) and not even one hostel that i came across to.

spent most of my days @ cebu city though. remember to go mango avenue (if you're a party go-er) tongue.gif

food wise, if you're a muslim i wish you luck.
BlackPen
post May 25 2016, 10:56 AM

GOD Hand
865 posts

QUOTE(Azzat.x @ May 24 2016, 11:26 PM)
afaik its not a backpacker friendly place. my route (lapulapu-cebu-moalboal-oslob-bohol-cebu) and not even one hostel that i came across to.

spent most of my days @ cebu city though. remember to go mango avenue (if you're a party go-er)  tongue.gif

food wise, if you're a muslim i wish you luck.
so overall there is very less backpacker hostel? dorm?

so most of the hotel is 2 people per room?
juniorkeat
post Jun 12 2018, 06:55 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

Hey Guys,

Anyone went cebu recently, mind to share yr experience here?
TStwhong_91
post Jun 15 2018, 10:38 PM

1,613 posts

QUOTE(juniorkeat @ Jun 12 2018, 06:55 PM)
Hey Guys,

Anyone went cebu recently, mind to share yr experience here?
You may refer to my previous posts.
wyen
post Jun 16 2018, 04:06 PM

Casual
492 posts

Wow looking all these pics made me miss my 16 days of solo travelling in philippines on Dec 2014. Manila, palawan elnido, cebu and bohol
juniorkeat
post Jun 19 2018, 01:19 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(wyen @ Jun 16 2018, 04:06 PM)
Wow looking all these pics made me miss my 16 days of solo travelling in philippines on Dec 2014. Manila, palawan elnido, cebu and bohol
Your trip sound enjoyable.... drool.gif
Planning to cebu in 2019... drool.gif
Any suggestion which beach to stay? there are plenty of beaches....
secretagent2
post Jun 28 2018, 03:27 PM

1 posts

Going to cebu-bohol in mid sept.
gdomanguera
post Jul 3 2018, 04:10 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

hi, im from cebu and currently working here in KL.
let me know if you have questions or need help about Cebu and Philippines smile.gif
gdomanguera
post Jul 3 2018, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

For me Cebu has better beaches than boracay. Boracay is just too mainstream and overrated.
Suggestion: don't go to beach near the city, specifically Lapu2x / Mactan island, accommodations are expensive and lots of tourist. There are a lot more nicer beaches North and South of Cebu province and some nearby islands.
Personnally, I would suggest the following places:
- Malapascua
- Kalanggaman
- Camotes
- Sumilon
- Bantayan island

Search for some hostel or cheaper hotel if your on a budget. Spend the extra money for the food, souvenirs, travel etc... Don't worry Cebuano's are friendly smile.gif

Also, I am personally against the whale shark watching in Oslob. The "butandings" now have their migratory patterns disrupted because they are being feed on that area and they now choose to stay which is not good for them. Also, a lot of reports where tourist are touching these gentle giants, which should not be allowed. Some also being hurt by propellers from the boats. sad.gif

This post has been edited by gdomanguera: Jul 3 2018, 04:43 PM

4 Pages < 1 2 3 4 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0306sec    0.20    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:41 AM