Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> I suck in starcraft II

views

TSChucknourish
post Jun 9 2014, 09:27 PM, updated 5y ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

played 7 game only win 1, been called noob all over. sad.gif

In silver league now. I think i should just stick to arcade games.
cj7
post Jun 9 2014, 09:30 PM

Casual

sc 2 suck

stick to broodwar mang
monkeybar
post Jun 9 2014, 09:31 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(cj7 @ Jun 9 2014, 09:30 PM)
sc 2 suck

stick to broodwar mang
sc 2 suck still on Dota man
cj7
post Jun 9 2014, 09:33 PM

Casual

QUOTE(monkeybar @ Jun 9 2014, 09:31 PM)
sc 2 suck still on Dota man
tongue.gif
ReWeR
post Jun 9 2014, 09:37 PM

Foreveralone

try to practise with AI first. Then only face real player.
yuu96
post Jun 10 2014, 05:07 PM

come i practise with you
drakeria
post Jun 10 2014, 10:29 PM

Getting Started

keep on playing and you will improve, but playing means play it the right way
shirley_andy
post Jun 10 2014, 10:32 PM

VR Hardware Solution Provider

Not everyone are meant to be pro, SC2 is supposed to be fun to be played at all level...
TSChucknourish
post Jun 11 2014, 01:50 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(shirley_andy @ Jun 10 2014, 10:32 PM)
Not everyone are meant to be pro, SC2 is supposed to be fun to be played at all level...
Is it true that zerg is imba? all the times i lose mostly is to zerg..
shirley_andy
post Jun 11 2014, 09:08 AM

QUOTE(Chucknourish @ Jun 11 2014, 01:50 AM)
Is it true that zerg is imba? all the times i lose mostly is to zerg..
I'm actually same as you not pro player and not good in starcraft so I also not sure how imba is Zerg but i think its rather balanced, only pro player will know. But although I suck at it I still like the game.
myming
post Jun 11 2014, 07:33 PM

Getting Started

I think skill>balance until higher leagues, so dont worry too much about imba-ness smile.gif
red streak
post Jun 11 2014, 08:18 PM

Doto 2 Pinoy Slayer

Pffft there are counters for every strategy out there. If you're struggling with Silver then the problem isn't that the game is imba - it's that you suck. You need to learn about the basic mechanics and macro before you can move on to the higher leagues where micro is actually a factor. If you don't have the right number of drones out or too many/few per base then you're gonna find it hard to win because you can't even got the economic side right. Starcraft is essentially a real time game of Chess. You gotta react to the opponents moves which is why scouting is vital. If you don't scout and learn about what he's doing (or rather not doing) then you're gonna lose every single time unless your skill level is much higher than theirs. I remember this asshat in Gold League who did a two gate zealot rush and I would have lost because I didn't scout the location properly thinking I had time to tech up because he didn't have the right shit in his base, and not realizing he was proxying his damn gateways, so he destroyed my pylons while I had only one stalker out. I won the game through sheer micro since stalkers > zealots even though I was initially outnumbered 4:1 until I got more and more stalkers out while playing around with my probe making mass pylons to avoid him being able to destroy them all again. After killing his 10+ zealots through flawless micro I moved on to destroy his proxy gateways and then mopped up his defenseless and underbuilt base.

1. Fix your macro
2. Learn to scout
3. Once the basics are done, learn some basic timings for your race so you can stay as efficient as possible and then branch out into whatever strat you need to counter the opponent's (which you learn through scouting).

Or you could just 4 gate like a noob into Platinum League with Protoss because it just works whistling.gif

This post has been edited by red streak: Jun 11 2014, 08:18 PM
yuu96
post Jun 12 2014, 12:05 PM

now you still a noob just mass marine every game till you can keep resources < 100 on 3 bases. then u can reach diamond ez

works with mass roach / mass zealot too
SiewKaiz
post Jun 12 2014, 04:49 PM

Casual

1 base~ scv train choo choo
rhkk91
post Jun 12 2014, 05:34 PM

Getting Started

for sc2, practice makes perfect smile.gif good luck and practice more..

advice for silver league is..

-learn to macro, do not need to practice about attack, but learn to defend your opponent attack, e.g. ling bane all ins and etc..

-learn to scout/scan to see whether your opponent is attacking, if he is droning, you do the same until you max out and drop till he die..

- PRACTICE <-- the key to improve tongue.gif

cheers
ravenfire
post Jun 13 2014, 09:34 AM

QUOTE(rhkk91 @ Jun 12 2014, 05:34 PM)
for sc2, practice makes perfect smile.gif good luck and practice more..

advice for silver league is..

-learn to macro, do not need to practice about attack, but learn to defend your opponent attack, e.g. ling bane all ins and etc..

-learn to scout/scan to see whether your opponent is attacking, if he is droning, you do the same until you max out and drop till he die..

- PRACTICE <-- the key  to improve tongue.gif

cheers
+1

If you give up after 8 games you deserve to be in silver/bronze league... this is a game where you are going to lose a lot before you start to improve as it has a big learning curve. If you stick to it though you WILL improve and trust me, playing and winning in SC2 is far more rewarding than any MOBA game.

This post has been edited by ravenfire: Jun 13 2014, 09:36 AM
shirley_andy
post Jun 13 2014, 10:25 AM

just remember to have fun, don't need to compare with pros. I blame those pros acting cocky chasing away noob players away.
rhkk91
post Jun 13 2014, 01:13 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(ravenfire @ Jun 13 2014, 09:34 AM)
+1
If you give up after 8 games you deserve to be in silver/bronze league... this is a game where you are going to lose a lot before you start to improve as it has a big learning curve. If you stick to it though you WILL improve and trust me, playing and winning in SC2 is far more rewarding than any MOBA game.
haha +1 , saw you active in NA recently tongue.gif

for learners,

if when you are improving, please dont bother to lose at all, when i got better, i blame myself for making mistake and improve it and not die to it.

i've stuck at diamonds and don't have the motivation to improve further, so i just play without the serious mindset of improving.

therefore, keep your mindset straight and you should be able to improve smile.gif

cheers!

and my comments of people saying x race is imba,

they tend to say races they fight against is imba, e.g. TvZ, if zerg win = zerg imba, unless it's ZvZ , no one will say Zerg imba.. unless they say "MUTA IMBA" lol.

therefore, do not whine/complain about imba or not, focus in improving and thats it biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by rhkk91: Jun 13 2014, 01:15 PM
SiewKaiz
post Jun 13 2014, 03:55 PM

Casual

Terran op~ they hav marines , scv choo choo and mules
yuu96
post Jun 13 2014, 05:25 PM

when i started playing i had a 20% win rate in silver for like 5 seasons :'( but after that i climbed fast! dont worry, you'll get there, stay stronk ~

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0795sec    1.82    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st May 2019 - 06:30 PM