Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

75 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Galaxy Note II LYN's Official Thread V29, Kitkat 4.4.2 is here !! ND4 May 2014

views

sanderz
post Jun 9 2014, 08:28 AM

Vista Outside
3,583 posts

QUOTE(Darkcity212 @ Jun 9 2014, 02:49 AM)
4.4.2 download link is corrupted . don't register as it has malwares!! i don't think its available for us
What you mean? Download from samsung-updates or sammobile then.

@TS I think you should include DN3 Custom ROM in your post, because it was an awesome ported ROM. rclxms.gif But sadly I gave up after 1 week of using it. LoL
TSjoytest
post Jun 9 2014, 08:56 AM

Vox populi vox dei? Quot homines,tot sententiae
All Stars
13,188 posts

Hi all good morning.

Some humor for a Monday morning. Phone related.

Woman drops cell phone in toilet, two die in rescue attempt - CNET http://www.cnet.com/news/woman-drops-cell-...rescue-attempt/

Please don't let this happen to you.
Darkcity212
post Jun 9 2014, 09:44 AM

Casual
474 posts

QUOTE(sanderz @ Jun 9 2014, 08:28 AM)
What you mean? Download from samsung-updates or sammobile then.

@TS I think you should include DN3 Custom ROM in your post, because it was an awesome ported ROM. rclxms.gif But sadly I gave up after 1 week of using it. LoL
NopNope.don't have.also third party.u have to register malwares or not pay premium for download latest rom.this is bs.there's no official kitkat for note 2.just a hoax
TSjoytest
post Jun 9 2014, 09:50 AM

All Stars
13,188 posts

QUOTE(Darkcity212 @ Jun 9 2014, 09:44 AM)
NopNope.don't have.also third party.u have to register malwares or not pay premium for download latest rom.this is bs.there's no official kitkat for note 2.just a hoax
Dude which site did you go?
aLertz
post Jun 9 2014, 11:26 AM

Overconfidence is a flimsy shield
1,111 posts

Hi guys,

I'm having a few problems with my Note 2 after updating to Kit Kat.
Did you guys face the same issue?

1) Clock at lock screen doesn't update:
Similar case here but no solution yet: Here

2) Typing on keyboard but on screen didn't show anything.
similar case:
I just updated to KitKat my note 3, and I have a very annoying bug that I never saw before.

I get a Whatsapp message, I open the conversation window, when I start typing, the keyboard works, but it is not typing! the digits I press are not being written into the whatsapp input!

Same thing happens with Google keep. I open a note, I start typing, nothing happens. The keyboard is working, but the things I type do not show up on the note. I have to close the note, open it for a second time, and now it does start typing.

3) Lastly, is the random black screen...when pressing 'Home' button or any button, the 'Back' and 'Menu' button lights up but the screen is still black.

Any solution for the problems above? Thanks in advance! smile.gif
sanderz
post Jun 9 2014, 02:52 PM

Vista Outside
3,583 posts

QUOTE(aLertz @ Jun 9 2014, 11:26 AM)
Hi guys,

I'm having a few problems with my Note 2 after updating to Kit Kat.
Did you guys face the same issue?

1) Clock at lock screen doesn't update:
Similar case here but no solution yet: Here

2) Typing on keyboard but on screen didn't show anything.
similar case:

3) Lastly, is the random black screen...when pressing 'Home' button or any button, the 'Back' and 'Menu' button lights up but the screen is still black.

Any solution for the problems above? Thanks in advance!  smile.gif
1. No problem for me on stock ND4 build.

2. Faced before but rarely, only happens on WeChat or Facebook. But the occurrence chance is 5/100. Still don't know what caused though.

3. No random black screen for me. But I did faced before on slower phones or my old Galaxy Grand, which is caused by eMMc bad blocks, or known as SDS issue.

And I have 1 issue which is when playing music + WeChat, whether stock player or Poweramp, I am facing the music will shutter / lagging when exiting a chat. Does anyone faced this problem too? Stock ND4 ROM.

This post has been edited by sanderz: Jun 9 2014, 02:53 PM
LizStephenie
post Jun 9 2014, 09:03 PM

Casual
309 posts

just noticed that my N2 is with insane chip~
not quite sure what does this means though~
hopefully it does not gimme much headache~ >_<
TSjoytest
post Jun 9 2014, 09:52 PM

All Stars
13,188 posts

QUOTE(LizStephenie @ Jun 9 2014, 09:03 PM)
just noticed that my N2 is with insane chip~
not quite sure what does this means though~
hopefully it does not gimme much headache~ >_<
If you are on a rom that is at least version 4.1.2 you are deemed "safe".

Nothing is 100% guaranteed in life though.
LizStephenie
post Jun 9 2014, 09:58 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(joytest @ Jun 9 2014, 09:52 PM)
If you are on a rom that is at least version 4.1.2 you are deemed "safe".

Nothing is 100% guaranteed in life though.
i'm on the latest 4.4.2~
so it is good, perhaps? rclxms.gif
TSjoytest
post Jun 9 2014, 10:51 PM

All Stars
13,188 posts

Made a small update to post 7, link to the main XDA ROMs forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-2/development

All current ROMs are there, including DN3 and the other ROMs which you all love.
TSjoytest
post Jun 10 2014, 12:49 AM

All Stars
13,188 posts

My pet peeve:

Poll results: How do you protect your smartphone?
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Poll-result...rtphone_id56987

Extremely good comment:
8. Slammer (Posts: 873; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
It's alarming to see that 21.81% of those polled, do not use any protection. With the cost of replacement devices, insurance and more specifically emotional attachment to their phones, traveling about without any safety precautions, leads me to two conclusions:

1) These people don't really care about their investments as much as they boast about or

2) They are trying to support an argument that beauty is more important than common sense.

Either scenerio is lack of smart responsibility in protecting an already delicate mobile device regardless of build quality.

John B.

While in Hong Kong 2 months ago, I was behind a young couple on the escalator. The girl had a naked pink Note 3. She was holding it while her handbag was slung on her forearm.

Something happened and she dropped her phone from about waist height. The glass shattered at the edge which hit the escalator, and she started whining to her boyfriend.

I thought to myself that she deserved it.....
mydragoon
post Jun 10 2014, 09:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

just sharing...

i was torn between phoenix and DN3 for custom roms. basically, what i wanted is KitKat (4.4.2) with note 2 functions.

in the end, after some feedback and reading, decided to just go with DN3 v5+ LITE. i figured 'lite' version is all I need coz if i end up with too many Note3 and s5 'features', they end up becoming bloatware and like all things, the more you have, the more complicated it becomes... and more likely to have error, etc...

OK... i'm still testing it out. I've been using the rom for about 1 week plus now. but some observations (which I will share in XDA forum later as well) on Ditto Note 3 (DN3) rom.

Overall first impression: Kinda 'sloppy'.
Flashing was easy process but i had a panic moment coz my microSD card is confirmed faulty. I had done factory wipe on the phone, so my copy of the image on the phone was wiped. could not use my microSD. luckily, found another spare card.
Anyway, the sloppy remark... coz right after everything is setup, i click settings... and prompted to use which settings. i suspect both Note3 and s5 settings are installed. i actually tried both and they have different look and feel. haiz... to me, this is sloppy since no one really needs TWO copies of it. plus, if really allow customised installation, then just let me choose which to install la... right?

What I like:
* one hand operation. this is nice... what you get is a smaller screen and it's really useful for those who complain about not being able to type with a single hand. you can enter/ exit this mode with a single swipe. very nice. my only complain, if it really is considered one, they should have put the background of the unused space as black. here's a screenshot to show what i mean:
Attached Image

* somehow, everything on the screen now seems sharper. not sure if it was the fonts (or display settings) i chose last time or just this one seems sharper. text, etc seems to look better. i really dunno why... maybe its just psychological effect or what. but i'm kinda sure if seems sharper now. maybe its some DPI tweak, new fonts or something.

* Ultra Power Saving mode. yes, this thing from S5 is here. but i realised this thing has got its limitations. you can't really run everything in black and white. only some apps seems to work. *sigh* i thought what this thing did was just turn everything black and white. seems it is not the case. but still, whatsapp and LINE works in this mode. so, still can do some messaging.

* caller notification pop-up. seems if i'm using an apps and there's an incoming call, there's a small pop-up notification. i can also answer call from there. this is nice. smile.gif

* fan menu for the s-pen. but... now that i have it, i wonder if i really need it. but i'll keep an open mind and explore the features more in the next 1-2 weeks.

The not-so-nice:
* seems like when the USB cable is plugged in and charging the phone, you can't power off the phone. it will auto restart. also, i noticed that sometimes when the phone is being charged, i can't swipe to enter the One-Hand Operation mode.

* MAJOR BUG: i'm not sure if this is only on the LITE version (or maybe even my installation is buggy) but i can't get a lot of the features to work. Air gesture is not working at all. Even after i have enabled it. i wanted to see if i could do a jedi hand wave and move to the next picture in gallery. did not work. i did not even see the air gesture icon on the notification bar. there are also some other features listed but don't seem to work. another example is the customise notification panel. i had enabled to function so that when i connect earphone, some icons will be displayed so i can have quick access. customised... then tested... my customisations did not appear. i had added some media player, file manager, etc... <-- this is the recommended apps feature.

* wallpaper bug. i can't change the lockscreen wallpaper from settings. seems like i need to go and select from gallery or something, which means no LIVE WALLPAPER for lockscreen

* s-finder takes up a space in notification panel. can't remove it. i have no use for it. what the heck...

* when a call comes in while the phone is idle (screen off), the phone rings but the screen turns on only after about 2 seconds. so, sometimes end up have to wait for the screen to appear so i can answer call. this lag needs to be fixed.

OVERALL:
I'm kinda disappointed. to be honest, first time flashing the phone. previously, been using stock rom. i thought this was supposedly quite stable for daily use. it touted Note 3 features, but i only got a few. most of the rest... don't really work. i wonder if its any different if i go with the full/ complete version. or maybe just go with phoenix rom instead. *sigh*

Arzwart
post Jun 10 2014, 10:33 AM

Casual
432 posts

QUOTE(mydragoon @ Jun 10 2014, 09:55 AM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Ultra Power Saving Mode:
For my perspective its turn your smartphone to a regular phone and minimize all the stuffs running background and run the the only important stuffs. You use this Mode when you really want to to save battery power when you probably in a place where you don't have your powerbank with you and there is no place to charge your phone for a long long time.

Charging your phone while in off mode.
For my knowledge, in KitKat you need latest bootloader for this. eg. ND3 bootloader (intalling ND3 bootloader will trigger knox and may void your warranty)

Air Gasture:
Note II don't have the hardware for it. But its still puzzle me why they still have the option in setting lol.
Quick Glance does work since it was Note 2 feature.

Two different type of setting:
While installing the rom using Aroma you can choose either N3+N3+S5 setting or only S5 setting.
But you cant choose the N2+N3 setting only.

S finder button:
You can remove this with Xpose module called Xposed G-Touchwiz
or read here DN3 FAQ

This post has been edited by Arzwart: Jun 10 2014, 10:53 AM
kennyken
post Jun 10 2014, 10:51 AM

38 posts

My version is 4.1.2 N7100DXDMF2, may I know where can download the stock version and what is the latest version can be upgraded now ? 4.3 or 4.4 ? from 4.1.2 can upgrade direct to 4.4 or to 4.3 then to 4.4. Thanks.
I am unable to access google play, unable to download the latest version and always ask to allow the background data, but i have enable it. where to check. my whatsapp and wechat also not aboe to open or update. Thanks.
tiensong
post Jun 10 2014, 11:01 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,237 posts

QUOTE(mydragoon @ Jun 10 2014, 09:55 AM)
just sharing...

i was torn between phoenix and DN3 for custom roms. basically, what i wanted is KitKat (4.4.2) with note 2 functions.

in the end, after some feedback and reading, decided to just go with DN3 v5+ LITE. i figured 'lite' version is all I need coz if i end up with too many Note3 and s5 'features', they end up becoming bloatware and like all things, the more you have, the more complicated it becomes... and more likely to have error, etc...

OK... i'm still testing it out. I've been using the rom for about 1 week plus now. but some observations (which I will share in XDA forum later as well) on Ditto Note 3 (DN3) rom.

Flashing was easy process but i had a panic moment coz my microSD card is confirmed faulty. I had done factory wipe on the phone, so my copy of the image on the phone was wiped. could not use my microSD. luckily, found another spare card.
Anyway, the sloppy remark... coz right after everything is setup, i click settings... and prompted to use which settings.  i suspect both Note3 and s5 settings are installed. i actually tried both and they have different look and feel. haiz... to me, this is sloppy since no one really needs TWO copies of it. plus, if really allow customised installation, then just let me choose which to install la... right?

What I like:
* one hand operation. this is nice... what you get is a smaller screen and it's really useful for those who complain about not being able to type with a single hand. you can enter/ exit this mode with a single swipe. very nice. my only complain, if it really is considered one, they should have put the background of the unused space as black. here's a screenshot to show what i mean:
Attached Image

* somehow, everything on the screen now seems sharper. not sure if it was the fonts (or display settings) i chose last time or just this one seems sharper. text, etc seems to look better. i really dunno why... maybe its just psychological effect or what. but i'm kinda sure if seems sharper now. maybe its some DPI tweak, new fonts or something.

* Ultra Power Saving mode. yes, this thing from S5 is here. but i realised this thing has got its limitations. you can't really run everything in black and white. only some apps seems to work. *sigh* i thought what this thing did was just turn everything black and white. seems it is not the case. but still, whatsapp and LINE works in this mode. so, still can do some messaging.

* caller notification pop-up. seems if i'm using an apps and there's an incoming call, there's a small pop-up notification. i can also answer call from there. this is nice. smile.gif

* fan menu for the s-pen. but... now that i have it, i wonder if i really need it. but i'll keep an open mind and explore the features more in the next 1-2 weeks.

The not-so-nice:
* seems like when the USB cable is plugged in and charging the phone, you can't power off the phone. it will auto restart. also, i noticed that sometimes when the phone is being charged, i can't swipe to enter the One-Hand Operation mode.

* MAJOR BUG: i'm not sure if this is only on the LITE version (or maybe even my installation is buggy) but i can't get a lot of the features to work. Air gesture is not working at all. Even after i have enabled it. i wanted to see if i could do a jedi hand wave and move to the next picture in gallery. did not work. i did not even see the air gesture icon on the notification bar. there are also some other features listed but don't seem to work. another example is the customise notification panel. i had enabled to function so that when i connect earphone, some  icons will be displayed so i can have quick access. customised... then tested... my customisations did not appear. i had added some media player, file manager, etc... <-- this is the recommended apps feature.

* wallpaper bug. i can't change the lockscreen wallpaper from settings. seems like i need to go and select from gallery or something, which means no LIVE WALLPAPER for lockscreen

* s-finder takes up a space in notification panel. can't remove it. i have no use for it. what the heck...

* when a call comes in while the phone is idle (screen off), the phone rings but the screen turns on only after about 2 seconds. so, sometimes end up have to wait for the screen to appear so i can answer call. this lag needs to be fixed.

OVERALL:
I'm kinda disappointed. to be honest, first time flashing the phone. previously, been using stock rom. i thought this was supposedly quite stable for daily use. it touted Note 3 features, but i only got a few. most of the rest... don't really work. i wonder if its any different if i go with the full/ complete version. or maybe just go with phoenix rom instead. *sigh*
Maybe can try flash JellyKatv5 ??
gin&tonic
post Jun 10 2014, 11:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,873 posts

[quote=mydragoon,Jun 10 2014, 09:55 AM]
just sharing...

Anyway, the sloppy remark... coz right after everything is setup, i click settings... and prompted to use which settings. i suspect both Note3 and s5 settings are installed. i actually tried both and they have different look and feel. haiz... to me, this is sloppy since no one really needs TWO copies of it. plus, if really allow customised installation, then just let me choose which to install la... right?

What I like:
Attached Image

The not-so-nice:

* MAJOR BUG: i'm not sure if this is only on the LITE version (or maybe even my installation is buggy) but i can't get a lot of the features to work. Air gesture is not working at all. Even after i have enabled it. i wanted to see if i could do a jedi hand wave and move to the next picture in gallery. did not work. i did not even see the air gesture icon on the notification bar. there are also some other features listed but don't seem to work. another example is the customise notification panel. i had enabled to function so that when i connect earphone, some icons will be displayed so i can have quick access. customised... then tested... my customisations did not appear. i had added some media player, file manager, etc... <-- this is the recommended apps feature.

OVERALL:

[/

Seems this rom is bugs bunny rom. Haha.. cry.gif After flashing numerous rom I m back to stock. Getting tired battling buggy roms and getting stress. Stock rom serves be the best for now. Stable, smooth n fast. thumbup.gif Until a time when a good custom rom comes by...... I will jump at it.... But that's me. icon_rolleyes.gif

sanderz
post Jun 10 2014, 11:24 AM

Vista Outside
3,583 posts

QUOTE(gin&tonic @ Jun 10 2014, 11:04 AM)
+1 After tried DN3 ROM's and I back to stock. Stock still da best rclxms.gif

DN3 ROM's I'd encounter some Force Close, doh.gif I just extract some APK from DN3 ROM and use it on my stock ROM such as Note 3 S Note, it's working perfectly on stock ROM. And the SketchBook for Galaxy app is nice too drool.gif

This post has been edited by sanderz: Jun 10 2014, 11:25 AM
Darkcity212
post Jun 10 2014, 11:24 AM

Casual
474 posts

hi guys i just want to ask is there an official miui rom for kitkat ??
is it stable ??
and does it have spen ??

TSjoytest
post Jun 10 2014, 12:10 PM

All Stars
13,188 posts

QUOTE(Darkcity212 @ Jun 10 2014, 11:24 AM)
hi guys i just want to ask is there an official miui rom for kitkat ??
is it stable ??
and does it have spen ??
Use HandyNote Pro or Papyrus. Free yourself from lockdown to Snote.
mydragoon
post Jun 10 2014, 01:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,952 posts

QUOTE(gin&tonic @ Jun 10 2014, 11:04 AM)
Seems this rom is bugs bunny rom. Haha..  cry.gif After flashing numerous rom I m back to stock. Getting tired battling buggy roms and getting stress. Stock rom serves be the best for now. Stable, smooth n fast. thumbup.gif Until a time when a good custom rom comes by...... I will jump at it.... But that's me.  icon_rolleyes.gif
i'm beginning to think this might be the case too.

anyway, got some explanation from XDA as well.

but still, puzzling thing... is like the air gesture. if it does not work, then dun la go put it. i was like trying so many times like mad man. but i'm surprised this needs special h/w. i thought it just uses the regular sensors...

anyway, some of the nice guys over at XDA told me the regular power saving mode has got a greyscale feature. cool... i go look at it later. smile.gif

This post has been edited by mydragoon: Jun 10 2014, 01:03 PM

75 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0314sec    0.63    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:35 PM