Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

14 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

DHL IT Cyberjaya, anyone working here?need advice

views

TSmia9
post Aug 10 2006, 02:20 AM, updated 18y ago

13 posts

hi..im going to have my 2nd i'view next week, as graduate dev program..any advice?
is it a good place to start ur career here?wat's the chance for u to be converted to permanent staff?

pls advice icon_question.gif
TSmia9
post Aug 10 2006, 11:36 PM

13 posts

help, anyone?
smile.gif
bcteh
post Aug 11 2006, 12:38 AM

Casual
481 posts

What I know is logistic company don't pay well.

sochams
post Aug 11 2006, 12:25 PM

32 posts

logistic company like dhl pays well.. very well if u know how to negotiate..

if you're getting the job direct hire by dhl cyberjaya.. then its better.. u learn alot, they have all sorts of systems there, being a freshie, dont expect too much nor ask too much, just learn whatever you can, stick around and observe, work your work around getting a raise or converted perm.

if you're going to dhl cyberjaya via hp, then make sure you're properly compensated(ask for more, 3x), read the terms of your contract properly, (why? cos you're outsourced by hp to dhl, that means you're under the mercy of dhl. hiak hiak hiak, and if dhl not happy with your, hp can terminate your contract anytime, hiak hiak hiak)

but with any huge organizations there's always the issue on politics.. dhl is huge, the data centre there is huge and grand, so expect this, and they have many regional managers there, so attending to them takes alot of patience and wit.

all the best on your interview, if the offer is good, why not? it'll be a great experience.

cheers smile.gif

Mavik
post Aug 11 2006, 02:33 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

I heard that there is a E-cafeteria there. You choose your food online and it gets sent to your desk. And the price is pretty good as well.
amir_iskandar
post Aug 11 2006, 02:47 PM

Enthusiast
723 posts

QUOTE(Mavik @ Aug 11 2006, 02:33 PM)
I heard that there is a E-cafeteria there. You choose your food online and it gets sent to your desk. And the price is pretty good as well.
wow, is that true? if it true.....wicked
jasp3r
post Aug 11 2006, 03:49 PM

Getting Started
97 posts

not forgetting now there are dedicated 24/7 buses serving cyberjaya to major parts of klang valley
TSmia9
post Aug 11 2006, 04:15 PM

13 posts

thanks people..appreciate ur advice smile.gif
TSmia9
post Aug 11 2006, 04:36 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(sochams @ Aug 11 2006, 12:25 PM)
logistic company like dhl pays well.. very well if u know how to negotiate..

if you're getting the job direct hire by dhl cyberjaya.. then its better.. u learn alot, they have all sorts of systems there, being a freshie, dont expect too much nor ask too much, just learn whatever you can, stick around and observe, work your work around getting a raise or converted perm.

if you're going to dhl cyberjaya via hp, then make sure you're properly compensated(ask for more, 3x), read the terms of your contract properly, (why? cos you're outsourced by hp to dhl, that means you're under the mercy of dhl. hiak hiak hiak, and if dhl not happy with your, hp can terminate your contract anytime, hiak hiak hiak)

but with any huge organizations there's always the issue on politics.. dhl is huge, the data centre there is huge and grand, so expect this, and they have many regional managers there, so attending to them takes alot of patience and wit.

all the best on your interview, if the offer is good, why not? it'll be a great experience.

cheers smile.gif
may i ask wat u mean by dont expect too much or ask too much?
juz being suspicious

thanks smile.gif

Dexter
post Aug 11 2006, 08:27 PM

Regular
1,090 posts

QUOTE(jasp3r @ Aug 11 2006, 03:49 PM)
not forgetting now there are dedicated 24/7 buses serving cyberjaya to major parts of klang valley
It's DTS (Dedicated Transport System). Most companies in cyberjaya are aware of this transportation. very convenient.
Spade
post Aug 12 2006, 11:16 AM

Myth Buster!!!
1,495 posts

QUOTE(mia9 @ Aug 10 2006, 02:20 AM)
hi..im going to have my 2nd i'view next week, as graduate dev program..any advice?
is it a good  place to start ur career here?wat's the chance for u to be converted to permanent staff?
pls advice  icon_question.gif
Are u going to get the post in IT department? Tell me more about it. Thanks.

navygreen
post Nov 22 2006, 10:19 AM

38 posts

I'm offered a Graduate Trainee position as an Analyst.
I heard from my friend in there that we from the program will not be entitled to Full Time Employee benefits.
However, for annual increment and bonus wise, I'm not sure if we're entitled to that too.

Anyway, i know it'll be a great opportunity for me to learn.
I'm going.
CHASER012
post Nov 22 2006, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
69 posts

Congrats on your initerview.

DHL i guess should be a really cool and intresting place..

to start and kick off ur career.. in IT..

They have lotsa systems for logistics...

The Global Network also is quite intresting...

So just get the hang of it..

Try to absorb as many skills u can..

If will really look impressive on ur C.v..

Then if neva get converted.. to Perm..

Apply for other MNC...

darun
post Nov 22 2006, 01:20 PM

Enthusiast
978 posts

My friend is working in there as a Senior Developer. His travel allowance alone is RM700 per month. Good place to work as far as I've heard from him.
danielwan
post Nov 22 2006, 02:43 PM

Casual
365 posts

Ic. ic.. so U r going to DHL. Hehehhe...my friend worked as the IT manager and a few others member in IT department as well, in there. Good luck man.
cuebiz
post Nov 22 2006, 03:05 PM

Enthusiast
992 posts

It is not a bad place to work but have to work hard there. I got friends working there for ages. If you work your way to the top, they will treat u like a family until giving your children scholarship to study overseas. biggrin.gif
arthurlwf
post Nov 22 2006, 04:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,546 posts

I heard DHL pay very handsomely... Good Luck !!!
racyong18
post Nov 22 2006, 06:45 PM

31 posts

Hello everyone! I just received a call from DHL asking me to go for 2nd interview this Friday. I had went through the phone screening interview and was shorlisted for this coming Fri interview. The position that i applied for is Graduate Development Program. Anybody experience the interview session before?

Advice would be much appreciated!!

navygreen
post Nov 23 2006, 09:42 AM

38 posts

QUOTE(racyong18 @ Nov 22 2006, 06:45 PM)
Hello everyone! I just received a call from DHL asking me to go for 2nd interview this Friday. I had went through the phone screening interview and was shorlisted for this coming Fri interview. The position that i applied for is Graduate Development Program. Anybody experience the interview session before?

Advice would be much appreciated!!
Do not worry.
What's the department you chose to join?
I'm sure they asked you to pick one in the phone screening.
Make sure you know what the job is about and you really like it.
Make sure it suits your interest.
My fren's batch has lotsa people that quit cos they didn't like the job and they were not clear with the job scope before that. It would be a waste of time for them.
They are helpful and will provide you lotsa information during interview.
So, please do the asking.
smile.gif
racyong18
post Nov 24 2006, 09:58 AM

31 posts

thanks a lot for the advice!

14 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0350sec    0.45    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:10 PM