Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LCD Monitor Thread v13.

views

Alpha_Tay
post Jun 4 2014, 12:05 AM

Beware The Spammer Star!
1,702 posts

just 1 to 1 exchanged dell u2312hm 5 year warranty for my friends, used around half year, low usage, according to my friends, when using the monitor, suddenly turn off itself, cant be turn on again.
Alpha_Tay
post Mar 22 2021, 07:13 AM

Beware The Spammer Star!
1,702 posts

receive free repair last week with only around 2 weeks wait time due to Spare Parts Availability from Acer Malaysia and Highpoint Service Network for Acer Nitro XV273 X 27-inch 1920 x 1080 G-SYNC Compatible / Adaptive-Sync 240Hz Gaming Monitor damage by Ant goes inside building Nest. Monitor just Purchase at December 30 2020. they even offer a Brand new Acer Nitro XV272U P 27-inch 2560 x 1440@144 Hz around the same price range Just Arrive Ready Stock for Free Exchange on the 3rd days of repair due to unknown time table for Spare Parts Availability at that time.

UPDATE: the issue was part of the screen went dark, the area would change, sometime left, right or middle, but it wont change in a few hours, mostly change by turn on next day, the panel screen itself still working well without issue, so it's the backlight issue. according to the photo of Highpoint Staff open up inside showing area of Ant Nest, it's around Main Board area, but Highpoint Staff claim they replace the Panel, Service Report write LCD Module replaced, i am not sure, but now the Monitor has 2 Serial Number, Monitor OSD and HWiNFO show new serial number, but Acer Display Widget still show Old Serial Number. Those Ant goes inside wasnt just a few, it's those one by one queue up Ant.

this video show how to replace LED Backlight easily if it's just simpler LED Backlight issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9SKNDSa6hY

This post has been edited by Alpha_Tay: Mar 23 2021, 02:25 PM
Alpha_Tay
post Mar 22 2021, 06:47 PM

Beware The Spammer Star!
1,702 posts

QUOTE(DarkChild @ May 27 2020, 09:59 PM)
Warranty I'm not sure if continue from old one. If continue I still have 4 or 5 months left. Just now when I collected today, the Highpoint Service Network staff said don't worry to me, and if there is any problem they will continue to honor their monitor warranty. Receipt all I kept as well as the service receipts along with queue numbers. All still here.
QUOTE(Lurker @ Jun 5 2020, 08:58 PM)
just a shoutout to Highpoint, Acer's after sales service.

My X34A developed lines in the whole display. Went in for RMA, got back a new X34P

free upgrade from 100hz to 120hz!
Alpha_Tay
post Apr 20 2021, 06:48 PM

Beware The Spammer Star!
1,702 posts

QUOTE(wyh @ Apr 20 2021, 08:42 AM)
Where u bought it?
I'm planning to buy one and without warranty repair hassle. *eg finding service center... *
it doesnt matter where to buy it, it's available at alot of place online or offline, depend on the model and price discount amount, my ant damage due to user but still free repair during warranty period was done at Highpoint Service Network, which is Acer Malaysia Service Center.
Alpha_Tay
post Apr 20 2021, 06:58 PM

Beware The Spammer Star!
1,702 posts

QUOTE(otnuus @ Apr 13 2021, 06:51 PM)
Nice repair video. What could go wrong when whole backlight is out? My U2413 whole screen backlight is gone, still can see very dim display. Few days before it totally gone, I noticed some flickering, whole display dim a bit then back to normal for few times. Then all of sudden the backlight totally gone.
according to repair video, some backlight damage was due to that specify LED, some backlight damage was due to relativity, meant due to related components or other, have to test each and every to figure it out, there's some LED backlight seller for some monitor model at shopee, try search it, or even google for international source.

This post has been edited by Alpha_Tay: Apr 20 2021, 06:59 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.46    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:22 AM