Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hobbies Japanese Vinyl and Figures V11, Plastic poison for Anime lovers

views

nifoc2099
post Mar 2 2016, 08:30 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Mar 2 2016, 09:26 AM)
local retailers usually got jalan so if you wanna avoid sleepless nights... just use them. costs more but you get a good night's sleep...

and on a separate but related note, anybody planning on getting her?

[attachmentid=6099176]
Already POed. Should be no problem getting through custom. Just ask seller to change description from "Gift" to "Plastic Figurine".
WingNut
post Mar 2 2016, 11:46 PM

0 posts

damn! another immediate po, this! sweat.gif

nsfw
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

shepherd86... tony taka and castoffable brows.gif
dis0rd3h
post Mar 3 2016, 08:37 AM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Mar 2 2016, 01:00 PM)
Oh shit oh shit  cry.gif  cry.gif

Got news that the Kuroki Mikage figurine was detained by kastam under prohibited item law  cry.gif  cry.gif

Will have to check what's the declaration Nippon Yasan put on the EMS sheet. And also will try to nego with the kastam  cry.gif  cry.gif

*update; Found out Nippon Yasan declared it as gift  cry.gif  cry.gif
How'd you find out it was detained? Mind sharing the Pos Malaysia tracking info? Anyway, interested in if you could ultimately get away without paying any taxes, and of course wouldn't want the figure to be taken away from you too.

Luckily my lovely loli princess passed customs today (that's not my picture). Excited to receive her.
WingNut
post Mar 3 2016, 08:54 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(dis0rd3h @ Mar 3 2016, 08:37 AM)
How'd you find out it was detained? Mind sharing the Pos Malaysia tracking info? Anyway, interested in if you could ultimately get away without paying any taxes, and of course wouldn't want the figure to be taken away from you too.

Luckily my lovely loli princess passed customs today (that's not my picture). Excited to receive her.
pos malaysia will inform you. once detained, unlikely can get away with taxes. used to be 10%, i think. dunno whether now down to 6% or not.
Exiled_Gundam
post Mar 3 2016, 09:10 AM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(dis0rd3h @ Mar 3 2016, 08:37 AM)

I found out after calling poslaju. Was wondering why after departure from inward status it become retention, and persisted for 2 days. Checked poslaju tracking, it shows delivery process but did not show the name of poslaju hub near my area. Later i put the tracking number tracking number: EJ451365902JP

This post has been edited by Exiled_Gundam: Mar 3 2016, 09:47 AM
Exiled_Gundam
post Mar 3 2016, 09:13 AM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Mar 3 2016, 08:54 AM)
pos malaysia will inform you. once detained, unlikely can get away with taxes. used to be 10%, i think. dunno whether now down to 6% or not.
Nippon Yasan should be able to produce fake invoice. Also, my case is the item was not detained, but confiscated. Which require you to appeal to kastam later, regardless of whether the item is below taxable limit
WingNut
post Mar 3 2016, 09:17 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Mar 3 2016, 09:10 AM)
I found out after calling poslaju. Was wondering why after departure from inward status it become retention, and persisted for 2 days. Checked poslaju tracking, it shows delivery process but did not show the name of poslaju hub near my area. Later i put the tracking number
my parcel once kena detention for 5 days... but after that, dilepaskan. not figurine, though sweat.gif
TSEXkurogane
post Mar 3 2016, 02:01 PM

Regular
1,715 posts

Need to prepare new thread ady when I'm free
12 1 pages now
WingNut
post Mar 3 2016, 02:18 PM

0 posts

i'm bleeding... i'm bleeding... bangwall.gif

another instant po!

Attached Image
dis0rd3h
post Mar 3 2016, 02:42 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Mar 3 2016, 09:10 AM)
I found out after calling poslaju. Was wondering why after departure from inward status it become retention, and persisted for 2 days. Checked poslaju tracking, it shows delivery process but did not show the name of poslaju hub near my area. Later i put the tracking number
Ouch, that's terrible. I thought the tracking would update to show something like "seized due to contraband".

What did Poslaju tell you regarding parcels seized due to prohibited nature?

Also you might not want to freely share your tracking number. I can easily pose as you to go pick up the parcel before you do. Wouldn't do that for sure, but its privacy breach is probably the same as sharing your address.

This post has been edited by dis0rd3h: Mar 3 2016, 02:43 PM
Exiled_Gundam
post Mar 3 2016, 03:01 PM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(dis0rd3h @ Mar 3 2016, 02:42 PM)
Ouch, that's terrible. I thought the tracking would update to show something like "seized due to contraband".

What did Poslaju tell you regarding parcels seized due to prohibited nature?

Also you might not want to freely share your tracking number. I can easily pose as you to go pick up the parcel before you do. Wouldn't do that for sure, but its privacy breach is probably the same as sharing your address.
They just told me "dirampas kerana barang termasuk dalam kategori prohibited to be imported"

To collect need IC anyway haha tongue.gif And this item harder to collect since you will have to argue with the Custom officer first to get it release tongue.gif
dis0rd3h
post Mar 3 2016, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Mar 3 2016, 03:01 PM)
They just told me "dirampas kerana barang termasuk dalam kategori prohibited to be imported"

To collect need IC anyway haha tongue.gif And this item harder to collect since you will have to argue with the Custom officer first to get it release tongue.gif
Did they tell you what would happen if you don't go collect?

Anyway I wish you all the best. Careful treading the landmine, you don't wanna be prosecuted as someone smuggling contraband, even if it's just a plastic figurine. Do update us; Imma prepare some popcorn tongue.gif
Exiled_Gundam
post Mar 3 2016, 03:22 PM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(dis0rd3h @ Mar 3 2016, 03:13 PM)
Did they tell you what would happen if you don't go collect?

Anyway I wish you all the best. Careful treading the landmine, you don't wanna be prosecuted as someone smuggling contraband, even if it's just a plastic figurine. Do update us; Imma prepare some popcorn  tongue.gif
Actually even the letter haven't arrive (later will ask whether can go there without the letter) tongue.gif If don't collect they will just dispose it after 30 days of the letter date (same as uncollected items that were not set to be returned back to the sender)
WingNut
post Mar 3 2016, 04:03 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Mar 3 2016, 03:22 PM)
Actually even the letter haven't arrive (later will ask whether can go there without the letter) tongue.gif If don't collect they will just dispose it after 30 days of the letter date (same as uncollected items that were not set to be returned back to the sender)
i'm just wondering... if barang kena rampas, still can appeal? i always thought customs return items to sender for prohibited items. you only go sweet talk with them if barang ditahan, no? hmm.gif
Exiled_Gundam
post Mar 3 2016, 04:08 PM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Mar 3 2016, 04:03 PM)
i'm just wondering... if barang kena rampas, still can appeal? i always thought customs return items to sender for prohibited items. you only go sweet talk with them if barang ditahan, no?  hmm.gif
Yes still can. I think those who import dolls (and its parts) most probably going through this multiple times already, since by default dolls are naked inside their box (you will have to explain why the dolls are shipped naked to the officer when you come to claim the item). Sweet talk on barang ditahan if you want to avoid paying tax for the said barang.
WingNut
post Mar 3 2016, 05:02 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Mar 3 2016, 04:08 PM)
Yes still can. I think those who import dolls (and its parts) most probably going through this multiple times already, since by default dolls are naked inside their box (you will have to explain why the dolls are shipped naked to the officer when you come to claim the item). Sweet talk on barang ditahan if you want to avoid paying tax for the said barang.
hahaha... can avoid paying tax? hmm.gif

Exiled_Gundam
post Mar 3 2016, 05:08 PM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Mar 3 2016, 05:02 PM)
hahaha... can avoid paying tax? hmm.gif
It's more like for the case when you under-declare and Kastam suspected it.
WingNut
post Mar 3 2016, 05:09 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Exiled_Gundam @ Mar 3 2016, 05:08 PM)
It's more like for the case when you under-declare and Kastam suspected it.
hahaha... convincing the officer that it really is a gift, izzit? brows.gif
Exiled_Gundam
post Mar 3 2016, 05:29 PM

On my way
550 posts

QUOTE(WingNut @ Mar 3 2016, 05:09 PM)
hahaha... convincing the officer that it really is a gift, izzit?  brows.gif
Yeah tongue.gif Did it once last time when my gunpla shipment (10 MGs) was detained because my friend under-declared too low (he declared 8000yen or something) while the box is huge. Told kastam my friend was actually sending his item back home since he gonna return back to Malaysia after finish studying tongue.gif (the return back to Malaysia part was actually true though)
TSEXkurogane
post Mar 3 2016, 05:37 PM

Regular
1,715 posts

NEW THREAD, V12

https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?showtopic=3884099

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    0.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:27 AM