Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Maybank Online Will Writing

views

heavensea
post Nov 6 2016, 09:54 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

Hi all,
about hong leong vs mbb online will writing? Which one is cheaper?

I would like to have one will writing.. assets are including:
1) property
2) funds
3) FD, and some cash in hands
4) REITs
5) Stocks

can I simply including everything of above in my "Online Will Letter" provided by HLB or MBB? What I need is a simple and straightforward will writing..
Is valid as those lawyer/insurance company will writing services?

This post has been edited by heavensea: Nov 6 2016, 09:55 PM
wil-i-am
post Nov 7 2016, 09:10 AM

10k Club
10,001 posts

QUOTE(heavensea @ Nov 6 2016, 09:54 PM)
Hi all,
about hong leong vs mbb online will writing? Which one is cheaper?

I would like to have one will writing.. assets are including:
1) property
2) funds
3) FD, and some cash in hands
4) REITs
5) Stocks

can I simply including everything of above in my "Online Will Letter" provided by HLB or MBB? What I need is a simple and straightforward will writing..
Is valid as those lawyer/insurance company will writing services?
Yes, u can as long as it's simple when u allocate to beneficiaries
heavensea
post Nov 7 2016, 09:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,616 posts

QUOTE(wil-i-am @ Nov 7 2016, 09:10 AM)
Yes, u can as long as it's simple when u allocate to beneficiaries
Tqvm sir.
wodenus
post Mar 1 2017, 12:10 AM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

Anyone can write a will for free. Will help if I can, don't have to pay like a hundred bucks or whatever to some online spammer smile.gif
wengherng
post Mar 1 2017, 12:47 AM

Regular
1,865 posts

QUOTE(Bonescythe @ Oct 17 2015, 10:41 AM)
I think can also..

but would want to ask.. if lets say something happen to you, how will be the process be? Who will be the party incharge of the estate before everything is clear and hand over to the beneficiaries?

If u use rockwill, i assume they will help to execute all the stuff
if u use amanah, they will also help you to execute all the needed stuff.

if u use sendiri.. then beneficiaries sendiri go and do all the thing which i think the beneficiaries probably don't even know what is the process will be like???
Yes, fully agreed with you.
The will-writing part is easy, anyone can do it using any platform they like.
But the real task is the execution part, and that's where the real differences in cost are.
I have mine done with Rockwills many years ago for something around RM3k, and for the price, I get perpetual will custody (they will keep the will safe for me, as opposed to me having to keep it myself) and also will act as the trustee once I kick the bucket.
All my family needs to do is to bring the death certificate to them, and they will take care of the rest, paying off all debts, liquidating all assets, etc. until the intended beneficiaries get the inheritance.
They don't have to worry about all the hassle, and don't have to pay a single cent extra.
I'm sure my family members will already be very distraught and in grief......no need to add more hassle to that with all those legal processes like court letters and dealing with banks, etc. which could take many months.

wodenus
post Mar 1 2017, 12:56 AM

Tree Octopus
All Stars
14,990 posts

I just have the usernames and passwords to all my accounts somewhere safe. Everyone knows where that is. Saves 3K.
MGM
post Mar 1 2017, 01:00 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,387 posts

QUOTE(wengherng @ Mar 1 2017, 12:47 AM)
Yes, fully agreed with you.
The will-writing part is easy, anyone can do it using any platform they like.
But the real task is the execution part, and that's where the real differences in cost are.
I have mine done with Rockwills many years ago for something around RM3k, and for the price, I get perpetual will custody (they will keep the will safe for me, as opposed to me having to keep it myself) and also will act as the trustee once I kick the bucket.
All my family needs to do is to bring the death certificate to them, and they will take care of the rest, paying off all debts, liquidating all assets, etc. until the intended beneficiaries get the inheritance.
They don't have to worry about all the hassle, and don't have to pay a single cent extra.
I'm sure my family members will already be very distraught and in grief......no need to add more hassle to that with all those legal processes like court letters and dealing with banks, etc. which could take many months.
Only charges a one time fee of rm3000, and not taking a small % of the liquidated assets? Any charges in between when u make changes to d will?
wengherng
post Mar 1 2017, 01:53 PM

Regular
1,865 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Mar 1 2017, 01:00 AM)
Only charges a one time fee of rm3000, and not taking a small % of the liquidated assets? Any charges in between when u make changes to d will?
Nope, they don't, unless under some very specific circumstances where the transactions take very long (like several years), then they do charge extra.
I don't remember exactly the precise situations and clauses for that now, as it was several years ago, but I do remember that I had factored them into my consideration before deciding on Rockwills, and had determined at that time that it was not very significant.
But if you make changes to the will, then yes, every change will incur charges, and not cheap too (like several hundred RM) if your changes are significant.
So, I just wait several years until there are some significant life changes (e.g. children) then do all changes at once.
But my beneficiaries are the same, and I set up my will in such a way that even if I do not update it regularly, the asset allocation wouldn't change much anyway.

MGM
post Mar 1 2017, 02:15 PM

10k Club
All Stars
16,387 posts

QUOTE(wengherng @ Mar 1 2017, 01:53 PM)
Nope, they don't, unless under some very specific circumstances where the transactions take very long (like several years), then they do charge extra.
I don't remember exactly the precise situations and clauses for that now, as it was several years ago, but I do remember that I had factored them into my consideration before deciding on Rockwills, and had determined at that time that it was not very significant.
But if you make changes to the will, then yes, every change will incur charges, and not cheap too (like several hundred RM) if your changes are significant.
So, I just wait several years until there are some significant life changes (e.g. children) then do all changes at once.
But my beneficiaries are the same, and I set up my will in such a way that even if I do not update it regularly, the asset allocation wouldn't change much anyway.
TQ.
idoblu
post Jul 19 2018, 11:21 AM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

how come online will writing no need two witness? sorry to dig this up
MUM
post Jul 19 2018, 11:34 AM

10k Club
All Stars
13,207 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 19 2018, 11:21 AM)
while waiting for responses,...
googled and found this.....
step 5?
https://thywillbedone.com.my/how.php
idoblu
post Jul 19 2018, 12:01 PM

stars for sale
All Stars
11,308 posts

QUOTE(MUM @ Jul 19 2018, 11:34 AM)
while waiting for responses,...
googled and found this.....
step 5?
https://thywillbedone.com.my/how.php
Thanks
ytan053
post Jul 28 2018, 01:58 AM

On my way
565 posts

QUOTE(idoblu @ Jul 19 2018, 11:21 AM)
If only will writing online is as simple as what is mentioned.

You must know what is the criteria of having a valid will, which without it, the will is not valid and hence is as good as not having a will (Waste money).

Problem 1:
One of criteria for the will validity is that 2 witnesses must sign in the presence of the testator and vice versa. The main functions of witnesses is to ensure that the testator is of sound mind at the time the will is made. Without which, the will is not valid.

Problem 2:
For simple will that charge low fee, they do not have substitute executor, which may create another problem when the executor pass away before the testator -> results in will is not valid.

Problem 3:
Unless you are in this profession, otherwise you dont know what other things that you may have missed out. If you do not have residuary clause to cover assets not mentioned in the will, your will is incomplete and results in partial intestacy -> need to apply for Letter of Administrator (LA) with 2 sureties, etc. Huge difference between applying Grant of Probate or LA in terms of cost and time. Dont even mention the hassle with LA in terms of time, costs and whether can proceed at the end of the day when all beneficiaries need to unanimously agreed for the appointment of Administrator.

Problem 4:
Proper Custody. Think that safe box is safe? if no one find the testator's will, it is as good as not having a will.

Conclusion:
Reading and googling info is one thing but whether it can be used in reality world? good luck.

Because to write it without proper knowledge and advice, you may end up with a will that is may not be valid or will that is VALID but not complete, which results in partial intestacy. Moral of the story - you want a cheap but might not be a valid or complete will or you want to have a basic, complete and valid will that can works.
shiocarl
post Aug 11 2018, 02:29 PM

10 posts

Providing services drafting of Will, proper with customisation of additional clauses to cover your required unforeseen circumstances.

Main post, read more here for service:
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4635673

There will be no additional charges on all sorts of reimbursements, claims, stationary costs, transport..etc that rakes up an expensive final amount (which is what you'd actually pay at the end) that many legal firms or agency charges.

Will draft service at an assured rate when quoted the fees.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:04 PM