Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Edifier Fan Club V7, A Passion For Sound

views

monkey8113
post May 17 2019, 10:21 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(sHawTY @ May 17 2019, 09:50 AM)
From what i see, wouldn't s350db be the better sounding one? More balance and fuller sound?
power911
post May 17 2019, 09:43 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(monkey8113 @ May 17 2019, 11:21 AM)
From what i see, wouldn't s350db be the better sounding one? More balance and fuller sound?
I own the S530D and did a review on both S350DB and S360DB

I'd say both S350DB and S360DB are both very modern sounds and has frequency response much deeper sounding and cleaner sharper highs.
And thanks to modern tech both are way more useful than my classic S530D

But overall I find the S530D more warm and tame sounding compared to the other 2. With the warm characteristics I felt it is more full sounding as a unit than the other 2 where you can clearly hear the separation of subs and fullrange.

I own the S530D way way longer than the 2 new ones and got accustomed to the sound it makes. So I might somewhat favor my personal unit vs a review sample.

As to which you choose depends on your ears and needs. I'd go with recommending everyone S350DB due to versatility and easier to please many people. S530D is a good sounding speaker but they are... just speakers only flex.gif

Get yourself a car speaker grill from car accesories shop. Those require drilling but I'd suggest just using sticky blue tack will hold the frame.
Lazada selling meshes for about RM12+ but they definitely killed the beauty of S350DB naked cone

Prettier grills require more cash+DIY and I believe one can always laser cut some wooden framed mesh to fit your speaker. Use magnets to stick on the screws if needed

This post has been edited by power911: May 17 2019, 09:44 PM
monkey8113
post May 18 2019, 01:56 AM

Getting Started
90 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ May 17 2019, 09:43 PM)
I own the S530D and did a review on both S350DB and S360DB

I'd say both S350DB and S360DB are both very modern sounds and has frequency response much deeper sounding and cleaner sharper highs.
And thanks to modern tech both are way more useful than my classic S530D

But overall I find the S530D more warm and tame sounding compared to the other 2. With the warm characteristics I felt it is more full sounding as a unit than the other 2 where you can clearly hear the separation of subs and fullrange.

I own the S530D way way longer than the 2 new ones and got accustomed to the sound it makes. So I might somewhat favor my personal unit vs a review sample.

As to which you choose depends on your ears and needs. I'd go with recommending everyone S350DB due to versatility and easier to please many people. S530D is a good sounding speaker but they are... just speakers only flex.gif
Get yourself a car speaker grill from car accesories shop. Those require drilling but I'd suggest just using sticky blue tack will hold the frame.
Lazada selling meshes for about RM12+ but they definitely killed the beauty of S350DB naked cone

Prettier grills require more cash+DIY and I believe one can always laser cut some wooden framed mesh to fit your speaker. Use magnets to stick on the screws if needed
Oh wow, i didnt know they sell that, I'll assume i need a 8"grill for the subwoofer then?
Naked cone is sexy but im just worried that the kids or my leg would have some accident with it mega_shok.gif

but wow i listen to bose before it didnt sound that bad, but if in this video it has that much different the S350DB must be even better in real life
power911
post May 20 2019, 11:07 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(monkey8113 @ May 18 2019, 02:56 AM)
Oh wow, i didnt know they sell that, I'll assume i need a 8"grill for the subwoofer then?
Naked cone is sexy but im just worried that the kids or my leg would have some accident with it mega_shok.gif

but wow i listen to bose before it didnt sound that bad, but if in this video it has that much different the S350DB must be even better in real life
yup. An 8" grill.
It should be a tight fit or too small as I remember Edifier 8" drivers are generally slightly bigger than average 8"
My S530D is using a 9" grill

Bose Companion 5 always sounds like thin crisps to me every single time I tried in Machines. The Companion 3 is more acceptable in harsh brightness.

And yes the S350DB is very warm n full if compared side by side
insomia
post May 21 2019, 11:18 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

Hi I want to ask if any edifier s530d owner encounter this problem before:
When turn on from the sub-woofer unit
1. The setting does not retain
2. Very Large noise like static noise but very loud but sometime quite not as loud only happen when wired controller in connected. When disconnect no sound.
If proceed with play music from the speaker, sometimes the loud noise will gone and can sound like normal.

This post has been edited by insomia: May 21 2019, 11:20 PM
porsch
post May 24 2019, 11:02 AM

1 posts

Anyone know where I can find R1850DB?
Seems sold out at most of the big stores.
chunnyen17
post May 25 2019, 11:36 PM

17 posts

between the W820BT and W828NB, is the extra RM200 for ANC worth it? I am just a regular user at home only.
TSEdifier
post May 26 2019, 08:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,536 posts

QUOTE(chunnyen17 @ May 25 2019, 11:36 PM)
between the W820BT and W828NB, is the extra RM200 for ANC worth it? I am just a regular user at home only.
Hi, do you need active noise cancelling function?

power911
post May 27 2019, 12:35 AM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(insomia @ May 22 2019, 12:18 AM)
Hi I want to ask if any edifier s530d owner encounter this problem before:
When turn on from the sub-woofer unit
1. The setting does not retain
2. Very Large noise like static noise but very loud but sometime quite not as loud only happen when wired controller in connected. When disconnect no sound.
    If proceed with play music from the speaker, sometimes the loud noise will gone and can sound like normal.
1. maybe try muting the speaker with the remote to save your settings?

2. check if your connector has bent pins or isn't screwed tightly. High chances your wired remote cable is faulty and needed replacements. (and possibly the reason for not able to save settings)
My s530d didn't have such problems like yours but I need to clean up mine once because the dust keep disconnecting my wired remote.

Are you using RCA cable as your audio connection? As I suspect that is your first problem in intermittent sound.
lanusb
post May 28 2019, 01:13 AM

Enthusiast
807 posts

the W820BT and W830BT, is there a delay/lag on the W820BT when watching youtube, netflix, fmovies streaming thru laptop or on my ipad?

Is there audio mis-sync?
TSEdifier
post May 28 2019, 10:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Store Representative
8,536 posts

QUOTE(lanusb @ May 28 2019, 01:13 AM)
the W820BT and W830BT, is there a delay/lag on the W820BT when watching youtube, netflix, fmovies streaming thru laptop or on my ipad?

Is there audio mis-sync?
If you facing delay you can pause the movie, let it buffering for short while and continue again.

chunnyen17
post May 28 2019, 12:00 PM

17 posts

does the wired cable for W828NB, has microphone? if not, can we use a microphone cable type so can have cleaner audio when making calls?
amduser
post May 28 2019, 08:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,534 posts

i need some help here, while i was cleaning my workplace, i found that there are some tiny things inside my HCS 2330 subwoofer, how do i open up the subwoofer and clean the inside?

i suspect is cockroach or some insect shitting inside, can i block the vent hole? i'm planning to put some foam inside too

user posted image
power911
post May 28 2019, 08:56 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ May 28 2019, 09:22 PM)
i need some help here, while i was cleaning my workplace, i found that there are some tiny things inside my HCS 2330 subwoofer, how do i open up the subwoofer and clean the inside?

i suspect is cockroach or some insect shitting inside, can i block the vent hole? i'm planning to put some foam inside too

user posted image
Its a bit tricky to open the sub but the front sub grille can be removed.
Get a hook or some strong ballpoint pen to pry the black metal frame out. Then proceed with philips screwdriver

Some users find it easier to pry the silver frame instead but usually they dent the wood.

If you are planning for a deep clean I'd suggest replacing the white poly fill with some brand new aquarium filter stuffings. Foam may be good but they're pricier than aquarium filter and the filter does better at diffusing air than foam bouncing. Though if you have spare acoustic foam just toss it in.
And if you wanna cover the port, a cloth from pantyhose stocking stretched and clamped with zip ties would work fine.

Hope it helps thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by power911: May 28 2019, 08:58 PM
amduser
post May 28 2019, 09:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,534 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ May 28 2019, 08:56 PM)
Its a bit tricky to open the sub but the front sub grille can be removed.
Get a hook or some strong ballpoint pen to pry the black metal frame out. Then proceed with philips screwdriver

Some users find it easier to pry the silver frame instead but usually they dent the wood.

If you are planning for a deep clean I'd suggest replacing the white poly fill with some brand new aquarium filter stuffings. Foam may be good but they're pricier than aquarium filter and  the filter does better at diffusing air than foam bouncing. Though if you have spare acoustic foam just toss it in.
And if you wanna cover the port, a cloth from pantyhose stocking stretched and clamped with zip ties would work fine.

Hope it helps thumbsup.gif
isn't it better to use heavy rubber or foam since they can absorb vibration better? hmm.gif

not really pro in this thing
power911
post May 28 2019, 10:02 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ May 28 2019, 10:22 PM)
isn't it better to use heavy rubber or foam since they can absorb vibration better? hmm.gif

not really pro in this thing
True as rubber will prevent the walls from rattling. But the HCS2330 won't benefit much from the enclosure rattle dampening as its walls are quite solidly built iirc.
Rubber will remove resonating wall if the box is flexing. Foam will prevent internal reflection if it is causing weird standing waves that cancel its own sounds. Stuffing will do similar to foam but it diffuses the air/sound inside so it's technically blurring the mess inside.

More noticeable difference is to dampen the air in the sub enclosure with aquarium or pillow stuffings (or keep it close to stock amount if you prefer the way it sounds)

Giving friction to the air flow of the driver to the air port with stuffings will make it assume it is a larger box hence tuning the sub deeper. People like doing that because it is a very cheap, no risk mod that is reversible.
But play with balance as some well designed box will sound bad if placed too much or little while some bad designed box may benefit from overstuffing. rclxub.gif thumbup.gif
amduser
post May 29 2019, 07:20 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,534 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ May 28 2019, 10:02 PM)
True as rubber will prevent the walls from rattling. But the HCS2330 won't benefit much from the enclosure rattle dampening as its walls are quite solidly built iirc.
Rubber will remove resonating wall if the box is flexing. Foam will prevent internal reflection if it is causing weird standing waves that cancel its own sounds. Stuffing will do similar to foam but it diffuses the air/sound inside so it's technically blurring the mess inside.

More noticeable difference is to dampen the air in the sub enclosure with aquarium or pillow stuffings  (or keep it close to stock amount if you prefer the way it sounds)

Giving friction to the air flow of the driver to the air port with stuffings will make it assume it is a larger box hence tuning the sub deeper. People like doing that because it is a very cheap, no risk mod that is reversible.
But play with balance as some well designed box will sound bad if placed too much or little while some bad designed box may benefit from overstuffing. rclxub.gif  thumbup.gif
i see, then maybe 1 pack of aquarium filter should be enough, i just want to clean the internal and block off the port with some fine mesh or mosquito net to prevent those bass head creature shitting or laying eggs inside the sub shakehead.gif
power911
post May 29 2019, 09:03 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ May 29 2019, 08:20 AM)
i see, then maybe 1 pack of aquarium filter should be enough, i just want to clean the internal and block off the port with some fine mesh or mosquito net to prevent those bass head creature shitting or laying eggs inside the sub shakehead.gif
use short stocking pantyhose type la if can. Get the dirt cheap one enough d. I believe mosquito net is more expensive/harder to wrap around the port compared to the fine mesh of stockings.
In fact I'm starting to believe my Edifier S530D speaker grille is made of same material.

Drop one piece of moth ball if you really don't want things to grow inside haha
amduser
post May 30 2019, 07:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,534 posts

QUOTE(power911 @ May 29 2019, 09:03 PM)
use short stocking pantyhose type la if can. Get the dirt cheap one enough d. I believe mosquito net is more expensive/harder to wrap around the port compared to the fine mesh of stockings.
In fact I'm starting to believe my Edifier S530D speaker grille is made of same material.

Drop one piece of moth ball if you really don't want things to grow inside haha
can aircon filter from daiso works as well? i got some spare one with me
Attached Image

moth ball is a good idea, buy a small pack and throw everything in laugh.gif
power911
post May 30 2019, 10:22 PM

Misguided Angel of Death
6,510 posts

QUOTE(amduser @ May 30 2019, 08:09 AM)
can aircon filter from daiso works as well? i got some spare one with me
Attached Image

moth ball is a good idea, buy a small pack and throw everything in laugh.gif
you mean for covering port?

I'm not too confident about it. It looks very packed though. Scared your port will choke and bass volume drop.

Usually if you wanna cover it must be a material that air can pass easily. cool2.gif

228 Pages « < 115 116 117 118 119 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0163sec    0.37    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:15 AM