Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed
49 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Official YTL WIMAX YES 4G Broadband Thread V3 (Yes)

views

donalduck
post Nov 18 2014, 10:15 AM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(Madd3rz @ Nov 17 2014, 07:33 PM)
Aiyah the Wi-Fi yes4MOE-A/B/C password is very easy only
its not free then, u basically steal the line haha

steal and free is two different things tongue.gif
ikengkai
post Nov 18 2014, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
247 posts

QUOTE(Madd3rz @ Nov 17 2014, 07:33 PM)
Aiyah the Wi-Fi yes4MOE-A/B/C password is very easy only
All setup with this password? Or dedicated school only?

yes4MOE-A/B/C

QUOTE(donalduck @ Nov 18 2014, 10:15 AM)
its not free then, u basically steal the line haha

steal and free is two different things tongue.gif
They just not good in implementing the wifi system. They should do something like Celcom Wifi, or Maxis Wifi, where every single user tight to an account. In this way, they able to trace the usage of each users. And avoid the abuse.
Anyway, the company not ready in term of technology... Or they got some reason behind, not sure. The internet will be never ending story, just see the US net neutrality and FCC issue debate...
donalduck
post Nov 18 2014, 12:01 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(ikengkai @ Nov 18 2014, 11:59 AM)

yes4MOE-A/B/C
They just not good in implementing the wifi system. They should do something like Celcom Wifi, or Maxis Wifi, where every single user tight to an account. In this way, they able to trace the usage of each users. And avoid the abuse.
Anyway, the company not ready in term of technology...  Or they got some reason behind, not sure. The internet will be never ending story, just see the US net neutrality and FCC issue debate...
admin is lazy, and they dont want to be chased by all teachers/staff for wifi password, hence they put an easy one for all to use
ikengkai
post Nov 18 2014, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
247 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Nov 17 2014, 10:31 AM)
haha.. i remember i argue with dean it in xxx.. The dean said, the is scientific books no ways the books say it's wrong.. I fail the subject which are system digital converting  binary to decimal. The next semester the lecturer say she was wrong and the calculator and manual i do is correct instead of falling me.. WTF. i been ban for 1 semester because i wrong. That's the part i do not much trust on school fact..
** from that of point,i never trust whatever term of school.. just follow what they said.When they need advise from me i open my spec.. Sorry i'm not see lor..
** been used long time computer before entering that's xxxx to take xxxx

Yes,that's my point the reduce speed for bestari .To them no point to cover 10 customer instead of 1000 student.If student  or teacher angry  they will be sue..Been sue allready lor.. why need they need to focus 10 customer in the area of schooll. uselesss.........  icon_question.gif
I am not pro Yes4G, or hater of Yes4G.
I use the service, but end of contract I will switch to prepaid as backup connection. After ~2 years on the services, and follow this thread for the said time... there are happy users and angry users. There is technology limitation for Wimax, and the high-freq band. Anyway, from user point of view, we want coverage / speed / cost. The coverage and speed thing depend on location. My area from my 1st year no line, till now become green (i signed up for mobile hotspot, not for home), due to 1Bestari for the school 100m next to my house. Anyway, there are pretty smart, setup 1 tower, and cover 3 nearby SMK & SRK schools. I no blame those people that see the high tower feel phobia for electromagnetic wave... as it look scary, when you first saw it stand high just opposite your house.

I hope to see how the TDD-LTE plan from Yes, as they target Q4 2014, but I don't think they could make it. Delay is norm for Yes.... since first day they enter the market.

efariz
post Nov 18 2014, 12:57 PM

Network Engineer To Be
1,030 posts

QUOTE(mrhulk @ Nov 18 2014, 10:12 AM)
i use dongle too....is 10m cable affect the yes dongle signal?
signal will become unstable (often disconnect or sudden drop in signal bar) if I use dongle with 10m extension cable WITHOUT booster/amplifier.. since I didn't have booster/amplifier, I cannot test the stability using booster/amplifier..

the strange thing is eventhough signal not stable, I still manage to online, downloading files & streaming YouTube video using my laptop (acer aspire s3)..but I CANNOT online at all if using my PC (same dongle, same 10m USB extension).. when I click 'connect', the signal will drop & my dongle will be automatically disconnect & reconnect back.. so strange!

QUOTE(donalduck @ Nov 18 2014, 10:14 AM)
yea , try move ur laptop and speed test without the cable, ull see slight difference on speed.

full 5 bar can go as high as 18MBPS for mine here

i placed my dongle on the rooftop (using 10m USB extension) coz I have try walk around my house with dongle attached to my laptop.. I can't any signal at all.. that's why I'm using esp extension.. so I might buy USB booster/amplifier to solve the unstable issues..

the signal & speed is sufficient enough for my usage right now.. I'm satisfied with each speed.. but if can go higher than that, it will be privileged brows.gif

This post has been edited by efariz: Nov 18 2014, 01:16 PM
Madd3rz
post Nov 18 2014, 01:03 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(ikengkai @ Nov 18 2014, 11:59 AM)

yes4MOE-A/B/C
Anyway, the company not ready in term of technology...  Or they got some reason behind, not sure. The internet will be never ending story, just see the US net neutrality and FCC issue debate...
I just know my school uses icon_idea.gif deleted icon_idea.gif as the password in all network,and i;m posting this in school right now

This post has been edited by Madd3rz: Nov 18 2014, 02:44 PM
oneamen
post Nov 18 2014, 05:45 PM

41 posts

Hi,

Need advise on my Yes Zoom.

Start with all lights on except for wifi and ethernet light off but stuck there and can reboot even press reset.

Can recommend anyone from KL or PJ can fix this problems? Thks.

oneamen
post Nov 18 2014, 05:46 PM

41 posts

Cannot reboot even press reset.
MakNok
post Nov 18 2014, 05:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,487 posts

QUOTE(donalduck @ Nov 10 2014, 06:18 PM)

its a moe id. generated by yes4G bestari net to assist on schools admin and teachers

xea1001.r.d@moe.yes.my 407C3F4A1
xea1057.j.d@moe.yes.my 5972E7E764
xea1058.n.d@moe.yes.my 0CF25F0574
xea1059.f.d@moe.yes.my 2BA36268E0

what the difference on those 4 ID....
got (r.d) (j.d) (n.d) (f.d) ????

cipollll
post Nov 18 2014, 06:03 PM

Getting Started
249 posts

Hi, can anyone give me details on Yes Fiz? I asked a YES reseller just now and she said this plan is not available in KL area. Is this true?
hjab
post Nov 18 2014, 09:02 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(donalduck @ Nov 17 2014, 06:08 PM)
free? the schools we set up bestari net account all requested us to set it with password encrypted tongue.gif

can mention which school is it?
isskk...even if u put gun to my head, i won't tell one... laugh.gif

used to be encrypted before, but becomes free during general election last year, thought they just opened it for election workers, but until now stll opened rclxms.gif
but i didn't really abuse it lah...kesian budak2 mau blajar maaa...
donalduck
post Nov 18 2014, 09:31 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(cipollll @ Nov 18 2014, 06:03 PM)
Hi, can anyone give me details on Yes Fiz? I asked a YES reseller just now and she said this plan is not available in KL area. Is this true?
Correct, YES4G won't give unlimited quota in the middle of a congested city area ha
MGM
post Nov 19 2014, 11:08 AM

10k Club
All Stars
14,321 posts

QUOTE(Rudd @ Nov 17 2014, 12:10 AM)
screamyx has counter it by reducing price for northern region to rm68 for 1mbps
Wa so unfair, why not other parts of Malaysia.
donalduck
post Nov 20 2014, 04:57 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Nov 19 2014, 11:08 AM)
Wa so unfair, why not other parts of Malaysia.
nothings fair nowadays , no? hehe

just found out sarawak doesnt have YES4G coverage just yet,
and here in Sabah, yes4G is spreading all over, all district definitely got coverage
razkal
post Dec 8 2014, 11:09 AM

Casual
386 posts

Yes 4g now really slow la. cry.gif . Area in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan. During daytime usually 0.5mbps. Only at night can reach 2-3mbps. I remember last time can go until 5-7mbps. How come their service so lousy one nowadays.
Rudd
post Dec 8 2014, 11:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,941 posts

QUOTE(razkal @ Dec 8 2014, 11:09 AM)
Yes 4g now really slow la. cry.gif . Area in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan. During daytime usually 0.5mbps. Only at night can reach 2-3mbps. I remember last time can go until 5-7mbps. How come their service so lousy one nowadays.
busy implement lte maybe rolleyes.gif
razkal
post Dec 8 2014, 11:51 AM

Casual
386 posts

QUOTE(Rudd @ Dec 8 2014, 11:33 AM)
busy implement lte maybe  rolleyes.gif
I dunno but very frustrating la. The 2-3mbps speed only comes after 2am. I paid RM180 for the prepaid pack and this is what i get. Really doh.gif . Probably network very congested this area, so many uni, college student.

This post has been edited by razkal: Dec 8 2014, 11:51 AM
futra
post Dec 8 2014, 02:10 PM

Regular
1,258 posts

Hey guys, i would like to try out this Yes 4G, specifically its Super68 4GB non-contract Plan Only package.

Can it be used with celcom's portawifi? Or do I need to use a non-telco usb modem? hmm.gif Read through the pages, didn't find any answers. Thanks.
cha.968
post Dec 8 2014, 04:02 PM

Getting Started
113 posts

QUOTE(futra @ Dec 8 2014, 02:10 PM)
Hey guys, i would like to try out this Yes 4G, specifically its Super68 4GB non-contract Plan Only package.

Can it be used with celcom's portawifi? Or do I need to use a non-telco usb modem? hmm.gif Read through the pages, didn't find any answers. Thanks.
You need YES device to connect online. No sim card is required for YES network.
Find and ask for help from sales thread by donalduck.
donalduck
post Dec 8 2014, 09:34 PM

Casual
452 posts

QUOTE(cha.968 @ Dec 8 2014, 04:02 PM)
You need YES device to connect online. No sim card is required for YES network.
Find and ask for help from sales thread by donalduck.
Wah ty cha, kena promote summore hehe, must bring u yum cha sometimes tongue.gif, joke aside Yeah u need YES4G device for it to work. Coz YES4G doesn't use sim card.

Non contract means u need to buy the device coz u only be given device foc if u sign up a contract package

49 Pages « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0354sec    1.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th August 2022 - 01:43 AM