Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Yes Official YTL WIMAX YES 4G Broadband Thread V3

views

ikengkai
post Oct 23 2014, 06:06 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

Hi, you able to share 1 Yes account across 2 - 5 devices. In other word, with 1 user ID and password, you are allow 5 devices to login and browsing at the same time. In this case, if you go for postpaid, you do not need 1 prepaid for your huddle. Just 1 single subscription (postpaid or prepaid) will do.

Anyway, this is not applicable to FIZ.
Hope this help.

QUOTE(NielWooWoo1205 @ Oct 22 2014, 01:17 PM)
Planning to get postpaid with Zoom and change postpaid to prepaid for Huddle if TM still have problem
ikengkai
post Oct 31 2014, 03:22 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

I dream for this almost everyday... LOL.
Anyway, it impossible. haha.

QUOTE(Rudd @ Oct 31 2014, 02:52 PM)
waiting for the day mobile internet svs in malaysia offers reasonable price & quota.  biggrin.gif
ikengkai
post Nov 10 2014, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

YTL Communications fined RM2.4 million over 1BestariNet, says ministry

Putrajaya has fined YTL Communications Sdn Bhd RM2.4 million for failing to provide all 10,000 schools with the 1BestariNet e-learning project, the Education Ministry said today.

It said that 1,003 schools had not been equipped with 1BestariNet because YTL Communications had failed to obtain approval from the local authorities to build telecommunication towers in several states, particularly Sarawak, Penang and Kelantan.

“Due to the delays, the government had fined YTL Communications RM2.4 million on October 27, 2014,” the Education Ministry said in a statement today.

It added that the ministry had provided Internet connection to those schools through other service providers to allow the students to carry out their studies online.
The 1BestariNet project is aimed at installing high-speed 4G broadband across all 10,000 schools throughout the country, as well as a VLE platform for E-Learning.

The Auditor-General's (A-G) report revealed today that the Internet connection to 4,176 users of the RM663 million 1BestariNet project was delayed by between 12 and 439 days, with no time extension or fines levied.

The A-G also said that 89.1% of the 46 schools surveyed and 70.3% of the 491 feedback received by the schools found that 1BestariNet coverage does not encompass the entire schools' compound.

But the Education Ministry today attributed the slow Internet in some schools to the high volume of users.

“With the existence of wifi in schools, this facility provides the space and opportunity for other handheld devices to use the Internet through the 1BestariNet network.

“This indirectly increases the number of users which in turn leads to high traffic for an Internet network with a capacity of 4Mbps,” it said.

The ministry said that it has ordered schools to provide schedules on Internet usage and given them dongles (wireless broadband connection devices) to solve the problem.

In revealing a litany of shortcomings in the project awarded to YTL Communications to provide the infrastructure to 10,000 schools nationwide within 30 months from December 13, 2011, the A-G report also noted that usage of the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE ) by teachers, students and parents was “very low”, said to be between 0.01% and 4.69% only.

Daily utilisation of the e-learning by students was found to be between 0.17% and 0.63%, while usage by teachers was from 0.57% to 4.69%. The usage of the e-learning by parents was the lowest, at between 0.01% and 0.03%.

In the third series of the report released in Parliament today, the A-G attributed the low usage to lack of clear policy and monitoring, lack of exposure to the benefits of VLE as well as a lack of teaching aids, such as projectors and laptops.

But the Education Ministry today shrugged off the findings that only 5% of students are using the project, saying that the lack of usage was common for new ICT programmes.

“With regards to the A-G’s findings on the VLE, it must be noted that the VLE is the most important component of the 1BestariNet project. The usage level in the first three years is at 5%, which is common for ICT integration transformation programmes. – November 10, 2014

ikengkai
post Nov 14 2014, 10:37 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

access will be limited to a 4-to-6 mile radius (perhaps 25 square miles or 65 square
km of coverage, which is similar in range to a cell-phone zone). Through the stronger line-of-
sight antennas, the WiMAX transmitting station would send data to WiMAX-enabled
computers or routers set up within the transmitter's 30-mile radius (2,800 square miles or
9,300 square km of coverage). This is what allows WiMAX to achieve its maximum range

Refer to page 14: http://www.lkn.fe.uni-lj.si/seminarji/s_omerovic.pdf

QUOTE(alien3d @ Nov 13 2014, 10:24 AM)
the most reason was they to focus on bestary . the base should put in the highest place of the area not school.i sometime think they use cheap base because coverage 1 km while suppose coverage wimax 5 to 20 km.  cs facebook cannot answer it. its their problem.why fluctioate?maybe lower base and lot od building interfere.cheapskate . just rent paid la got 1 b rest go where
ikengkai
post Nov 15 2014, 06:04 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

The realistic coverage for Wimax for end-user is 2km to 5km only. The 5km is boundary case where I think no building/object block in between, and using device like Zoom.

The 30km is only mean for point to point data transmission, where the purpose is to for building network backbone. You need the point to point transmission to build network between tower and expand the coverage to other area.

Another thing is the high freq used by Wimax do not good for propagation as the short wavelength can't penetrate through obstacle.

QUOTE(alien3d @ Nov 14 2014, 10:45 AM)
Er.. why need to open school/unniversity pdf liao ? open yes coverage.You would see centre point of transmitter.. They shorten the length of transmitter to focus more bandwidth to school environment.. We original client.............. sweat.gif  sweat.gif

I got my info when the first day some contractor told me they install transmitter above pmint,terengganu in 2007 2008.Coverage max  30 km but need to be highest building in the area. Don't shock normal wifi also can be range 500m if no interference..No bar la.. Now we talk about wimax.. Wimax much more output then normal wifi..

The reason i used yes because my old friend friend contractor said it's good.Now come bestari everything become horrible. cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif

** do notice only old folks using miles.. aka batu 1 batu 2......... nowdays kilometer much easier matrix
ikengkai
post Nov 17 2014, 09:55 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

They might be reduce the power of broadcasting, thus even 1km is a distant.
You can use your huddle to walk from school and keep refresh the admin page to observe the drop in dbi strength. Most of wimax antenna for 1Bestari tune to low-power, as they don't want all students got brain cook (or to meet the strict requirement)

This is not a school note, it is a seminar publication, with referral.

QUOTE(alien3d @ Nov 15 2014, 07:50 PM)
try youtube 2 am to 10 am.. .Download any via keepvid.com thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif ..
Seem umobile only unblock data receive from google aka login for youtube and also youtube..  3 mbps yo.. in limit mode..

For ikengk

The problem is the school point to my home not even 1 km.. As i said you want  to believe some fact u.it's up to u.. Unsure what you mean is mesh network style.. i really don't think so yes do it.it mesh wifi.. ya i been heard. if mesh wimax mimo.. not yet in real life... i prefer real people said instead of school note..
ikengkai
post Nov 18 2014, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(Madd3rz @ Nov 17 2014, 07:33 PM)
Aiyah the Wi-Fi yes4MOE-A/B/C password is very easy only
All setup with this password? Or dedicated school only?

yes4MOE-A/B/C

QUOTE(donalduck @ Nov 18 2014, 10:15 AM)
its not free then, u basically steal the line haha

steal and free is two different things tongue.gif
They just not good in implementing the wifi system. They should do something like Celcom Wifi, or Maxis Wifi, where every single user tight to an account. In this way, they able to trace the usage of each users. And avoid the abuse.
Anyway, the company not ready in term of technology... Or they got some reason behind, not sure. The internet will be never ending story, just see the US net neutrality and FCC issue debate...
ikengkai
post Nov 18 2014, 12:06 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(alien3d @ Nov 17 2014, 10:31 AM)
haha.. i remember i argue with dean it in xxx.. The dean said, the is scientific books no ways the books say it's wrong.. I fail the subject which are system digital converting  binary to decimal. The next semester the lecturer say she was wrong and the calculator and manual i do is correct instead of falling me.. WTF. i been ban for 1 semester because i wrong. That's the part i do not much trust on school fact..
** from that of point,i never trust whatever term of school.. just follow what they said.When they need advise from me i open my spec.. Sorry i'm not see lor..
** been used long time computer before entering that's xxxx to take xxxx

Yes,that's my point the reduce speed for bestari .To them no point to cover 10 customer instead of 1000 student.If student  or teacher angry  they will be sue..Been sue allready lor.. why need they need to focus 10 customer in the area of schooll. uselesss.........  icon_question.gif
I am not pro Yes4G, or hater of Yes4G.
I use the service, but end of contract I will switch to prepaid as backup connection. After ~2 years on the services, and follow this thread for the said time... there are happy users and angry users. There is technology limitation for Wimax, and the high-freq band. Anyway, from user point of view, we want coverage / speed / cost. The coverage and speed thing depend on location. My area from my 1st year no line, till now become green (i signed up for mobile hotspot, not for home), due to 1Bestari for the school 100m next to my house. Anyway, there are pretty smart, setup 1 tower, and cover 3 nearby SMK & SRK schools. I no blame those people that see the high tower feel phobia for electromagnetic wave... as it look scary, when you first saw it stand high just opposite your house.

I hope to see how the TDD-LTE plan from Yes, as they target Q4 2014, but I don't think they could make it. Delay is norm for Yes.... since first day they enter the market.

ikengkai
post Jan 5 2015, 08:13 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

Cancel my Yes postpaid at Queensbay mall Yes store.
The process is smooth, but they will ask the reason to cancel. Just blast them what you not happy with, and they will write down on the form.

Bye bye yes.....
ikengkai
post Feb 16 2015, 10:36 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Feb 16 2015, 12:56 AM)
Need some help..... is there anyway to change the DNS servers for the HUDDLE and ZOOM?

Want to change to public DNS 8.8.8.8.
Tak mau use VPN.
Yes code the firmware for their devices to use Yes's DNS. Except you manual configure on your end device that if connect to this network, use x.x.x.x DNS. If no manual setting and auto DNS from Huddle/Zoom, it will be Yes DNS.

By the way, found that Yes DNS "block" a number of sites... smile.gif
ikengkai
post Feb 17 2015, 01:32 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(zamans98 @ Feb 17 2015, 08:27 AM)
manually means set at laptop/phone?
still doesn't work. got bunch of blocked sites.
I see, then only can look for free proxy...

ikengkai
post Feb 18 2015, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(phh9310 @ Feb 17 2015, 11:01 PM)
Xhamster  tongue.gif
rclxms.gif
ikengkai
post Jun 22 2015, 04:43 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

Used Yes Huddle device to let go.. RM110 not included postage.

reply or pm me if you interested.

WTS post -
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3616092

ikengkai
post Sep 13 2015, 10:16 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(vostro78 @ Sep 13 2015, 10:36 AM)
my Yes package that comes with proton expiry, no more auto reload for me. so if i want to continue using, i just top up will do? no validity date right ?
Not sure how the thing work for the proton Yes plan.
Anyway, you also can go ahead to buy a new prepaid account from Yes portal, or port your existing account to new Yes prepaid plan.
It allow you to use as needed, and as long as not let the account idle without usage for continuous 45 days, it will keep the account active. For more info, do go through the FAQ of Yes website.
ikengkai
post Feb 22 2016, 04:23 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(l3iTi @ Feb 22 2016, 01:35 PM)
Hi,

Wanna ask

1 yes account can be used simultaniously on two or more different devices?

Can it be used at the same time as well?

Thanks!
Yes, if you own normal Yes postpaid/prepaid account, you can have single account to login and surf net at once on 5 devices. So far myself I tested 3 devices with 1 login ID, and all 3 devices surfing at same time and no issue.

The 3 devices are 1 x Yes Zoom, and 2 x Yes Huddle.

Anyway, this not applicable to Yes FIZ 1mbps account.
ikengkai
post Jun 16 2016, 07:19 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

Latest news about Yes on LTE.

http://www.lowyat.net/2016/107670/yes-4g-w...dditional-data/

ikengkai
post Jun 30 2016, 04:01 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(aidlover @ Jun 30 2016, 03:41 PM)
[attachmentid=6987853]
Don't understand why they don't learn the lesson, still want to tight the plan with Wimax, and label it as 4G broadband.
Give big data quota, but split between LTE and Wimax, mean you need 2 different devices. It will fail again..
ikengkai
post Jul 8 2016, 09:33 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(yongtjunkit @ Jul 8 2016, 08:22 AM)
Hi and sorry for the late reply.

I've tried swapping the sim card slot and gain the same result.
The simcard activated?
ikengkai
post Aug 2 2016, 11:30 AM

Getting Started
260 posts

Lowyat.net interview YES CEO. Talked till the Yes service can fly.... once you use, you know he just bs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEWuEDyZbV8

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv1fWNXVl1o

This post has been edited by ikengkai: Aug 2 2016, 04:08 PM
ikengkai
post Dec 12 2016, 10:51 PM

Getting Started
260 posts

QUOTE(pakji @ Dec 11 2016, 02:51 AM)
my mother bought samsung galaxy j2 so got free yes sim card

i try use my own phone samsung galaxy note 3 seen not working can't use data that mean my phone not supported

so i try insert sim my mother phone j2 works mobile data i see 4g signal 2 bar speed hit 18mbps

so i bought Huawei E5186 i try insert yes sim card
wow worked i shock signal 4 bar 4g i test speed i got hit 27mbps crazy faster
its 5gb quota free i not paying hehe
Huawei E5186 quite expensive wo, how much you bought it?

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0196sec    0.60    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:38 PM