Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

kahwai.andy P
post Dec 6 2019, 12:17 PM

Probation
0 posts

@KambingKoh , are you a GIA Gemologist ? Or how are you qualified to give advice on Diamonds and Gemstones ?

Us Gemologist have been reading your comment on how to look for the best diamond and we found it to be a total joke .

Please do not try to act like you know your stuff, and moreover now you are selling diamond on your FB page with little knowledge of Diamond.

Please leave the advice to an expert and stop telling user in the forum with advice you get from another website.

We Gemologist study hard for our certificate , and your advice really belittle our certificate and expertise.

mad.gif mad.gif
kahwai.andy P
post Dec 6 2019, 04:02 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 6 2019, 01:45 PM)
LOL. Chill man.

Firstly, you forgot one thing, this is a forum, and as far as I know, everyone has the right to say what they want.

Secondly, it is entirely okay to chip in your comments regarding what is your definition of best diamond. Why not? I am sure many others will benefit from it.

Thirdly, a lot of jewellers are not even GIA Graduate Gemologists, perhaps they should stop selling too? Hmm?

The only expert I saw here they really comment is from Shannon from The Gem Tribe. She is a GIA GG and I did recommend her before, in case you missed it. I also recommend people to visit ZCOVA, who has their own GIA Graduate Gemologist, Ziyin. So yes, I also recommend people to visit them as well.

And in case you missed it again, I do tell people one important thing, now and then - buy from some place that makes them feel comfortable. Doesn't matter where. I will also ask them do their due diligence before any purchase.

You see, no one belittle your expertise, if you feel that way, I can't help it. If you feel that you can contribute in one way or another, feel free to contribute. You may even promote where you think is the best place to buy diamonds, or how to choose the best diamonds. Makes sense?
The problem is not about the right to say what you want, is about you giving the wrong advice . We need to be responsible with the opinion we give in the forum, acting as an expert is not going to help.

We know that you recommend other expert in the field, but you have to remember you also give advice on diamonds that is not true at all.

Customer know what they are getting into when they visit Jewellers that are not Gemologist. But you are in a disguise as if you are the expert, and you are not in this field at all. The jewellers in this field have much more experience compare to you.

Please do not deflect on the fact that you are acting as an expert to earn money.

What is your opinion if a "so call" doctor in Lowyat forum giving out health advice that is wrong ?

Leave it to the professionals.
kahwai.andy P
post Dec 6 2019, 05:11 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 6 2019, 04:52 PM)
Well, I did highlight I am not a professional now and then. You kept highlight there is advice that is not correct, perhaps you can highlight it and inform the readers here instead of keep on repeating "advice not true at all". I think I can learn something from you/you all too.

FYI, those that asked me personally knows that I am not in this field at all. And those that asked me knows I am earning commission too. I think that is pretty clear cut throughout all my postings.

And yes, of course, jewellers in this field has much more experience, and of course, if you are a Graduate Gemologists, you are certainly more capable of advising too, so I am actually encouraging you to do it too. You see I am just sharing my experience and what I understand  based on my experience, people should always take it with a pinch of salt and do their own due diligence.

If you are so upset, I recommend you to stick around here and give your comments and opinions, like what I did. I have met people that do prefer a Graduate Gemologist, so there is where you shine. Of course, there are some other people just do not like going into shops and survey and want a faster way out, and a lot of people wants the best value for their purchase, and some prefer a certain brand, so perhaps you can give them your suggestions too.

If you ask me what is my opinion if a so-called doctor is giving out health advice that is wrong. If I can confirm that is wrong, I can simply point out it is wrong. However, if a so-called doctor is giving out advice that is not sure right or wrong, then I can just confirm with a real doctor. As I said, I do recommend people to go to the "real doctor" (GIA GG) if that is really what they need.

You kept saying me "acting as an expert". So I have to make it clear that no, I am not an expert, never say I am, and in any case I have doubts when someone ask me something, I will always ask them to check with the particular jeweler they are engaging. Doesn't matter who they are.

And like you said, people know what they are getting into when they engage jewellers that are not gemologists, so it is exactly the same thing when people ask questions in a forum or even buy from me.

I am certainly impressed that you created an account today to just voice out how upset you are that I am acting as an expert and keep on repeating to leave this to the professionals... And I certainly hope that you can really provide some options for all dear readers here that who are the professionals that they can engage. Perhaps you can even recommend your good self.
We are a group of Gemologist that so happen to see your recommendation in this forum, and we find your advice really ridiculous especially on crown and pavilion angle pairing , depth performance and your obsession with ASET image. Even you showing your diamond with such an amateur lighting on your FB, even a crystal will look shiny.

AND on your FB this is what you write . "Loose Diamond Advice, Super Ideals"

Loose diamond advice ? Misguiding reader you are an expert ?

If you strongly believe what you said above - put that on your FB - say you are not a Gemologist and not an expert .

We created this account to inform reader to not trust such information from you. All advice you give on diamond is WRONG

We are not doing business here, we only want the truth to be out there.

Bye- THE END

kahwai.andy P
post Dec 12 2019, 01:43 PM

Probation
0 posts

kambingkoh how you prove this ASET belongs to this GIA stone ? How you prove this is not color edited with photoshop ?

user posted image

Image taken from his FB

He is using a fake ASET image for all his stone on Facebook.

C'mon guys i'm helping you all to identify fake seller and you guys say i'm harsh on him . We don't benefit in any other ways.

Think about it, he got everything to lose . We got nothing to gain .

He will gain from you guys out there believing his lie.

His modus operandi is

1) Get everybody to trust him in the forum
2) start to introduce his own inferior diamonds
3) slowly saying that , this diamond you see from this shop is not that good ( even if is good )
4) Introduce you his own diamond - saying i got this diamond which is a better buy
5) Kena CON
6) Done deal , continue to the next victim.

Say what you want to defend him , all i know you are helping a con-men . All con-men sound and look innocent and professional.

No Sdn Bhd , no company to back him up. He literally don't need to take responsibility. Not sure why anybody will buy from him .

Look at this Modus Operandi, check previous post on this Forum. Tell me you don't see the pattern.

C'mon - Enough said

kahwai.andy P
post Dec 12 2019, 05:13 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 12 2019, 03:29 PM)
Oh, is you again. Welcome back?

1. He is using a fake ASET image for all his stone on Facebook. -> Seems like you are jumping into conclusion eh? C'mon, to make a fool out of yourself.

2. kambingkoh how you prove this ASET belongs to this GIA stone ? How you prove this is not color edited with photoshop ? -> The stones that are posted are available for viewing as I literally own them. Potential buyers can meet me face-to-face and check out the IdealScope and ASET themselves. Besides, there is really no obligation to buy from me.

3. Get everybody to trust him in the forum -> I am guessing a lot of people will do plenty of research first before they bump into me, or they bumped into me and then go and do research. Nowadays, ASET and IdealScope are something that comes out pretty often if you look for how to pick a diamond on Google. Of course, all of the readers have to do their own due diligence. So if someone wants an alternative forum, try PriceScope forum - https://www.pricescope.com/community/forums/rockytalky.3/, so as you can see, if I am just one guy here bullshitting, nobody will give a damn.

4. start to introduce his own inferior diamonds - Oh? How inferior? Anyway, as mentioned above, diamonds are available for viewing.

5. slowly saying that , this diamond you see from this shop is not that good ( even if is good ) -> This one makes me thing you are probably of the sellers whose stone has been rejected by the potential buyer after seeking opinions here (well, you did say you are a gemologist, didn't you?) Of course, being a gemologist will not automatically make you a seller, but close enough to be related to this industry... I won't be expecting you are doing IT, no? Anyway, if people ask, I will just say what I think objectively, and for your info, there are people that are not comfortable to buy online and they just buy from brick-and-mortar too.

6. Kena CON -> Again, another accusation? Why don't you just put your credentials as a gemologist here? https://www.gia.edu/gia-alumni-directory, then perhaps we can know whether you own or work for a jewellery company? or whether you are a real gemologist?

I wonder what are you so afraid of a Facebook page that has only 19 Likes? Shoot me down before I grow stronger?  rolleyes.gif
Mr Kambingkoh if you want to Fake it till you make it, please by all means go ahead. No need to shoot you down.

But for those reader here , just look at the History for this tread. The modus operandi is pretty clear and obvious.

If the reader after looking at this thread and weight in the risk and yet choose to buy from you please go ahead and buy from him - good luck

But seriously, why take the risk when there are so many reputable online and offline retailer out there. I'm sure you guys can find a better offer then what he have.

Just my opinion - this extra risk don't justify anything .

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0176sec    0.43    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:53 PM