Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

Mixgal
post Jun 23 2020, 02:51 AM

32 posts

Hi guys, I’ve been surveying around for a 2ct cushion cut for a while now. Planning to get loose stone so that I can customise the setting to my liking. Any recommendations on where I can get good ones ?

My preference -

1. Colour: G

2. Depth: 62 - 68 %

3. Clarity: SI1 and up. Don’t mind a suitable SI1 if inclusions are not at the middle and can be hidden by prongs

4. Polish/Symmetry: Very good / excellent

5. Girdle: Very thin - slightly thick

6. Fluorescent: None / Faint

Cushion ration in range of 1.15-1.20.

Would be grateful for any pointers / suggestions. Thank you in advance !
Mixgal
post Jun 23 2020, 11:06 AM

32 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jun 23 2020, 09:05 AM)
Try:
1. Zcova (Kota Damansara). They used to do promotion for 1 carat cushion cut. They have a GIA GG to help you pick. Offers customisation service. Has a physical premise to meet up.

2. The Gem Tribe (Cheras). They do some nice settings as far as I am concerned. They have a GIA GG to help you. Offers customisation service. Have a physical premise to meet up.

3. iDo Jewellery (Bukit Jalil). They do some nice settings as well. The owner doesnt seem to be a full GIA GG, but she has vast experience. Offers customisation service. No physical premise so usually meet up at cafe around that area.

4. Lavin New York (Bangsar South). Family run business helmed by 4 GIA GG to help you. Offers customisation service. Has a physical premise to meet up. Usually offers pretty good prices.

5. Eumayco (Bangsar South). Long time business. Not sure about the expertise of their people, but they have been in this industry for very long time. Offers customisation service. Has a physical premise to meet up.

6. House of Diamonds (Publika). Recently one of the person that ask me actually bought engagement ring from them. As far as I can see, prices are pretty fair. One of the owners is a GIA GG. Has a physical premise to meet up.

7. W Jeweller (Subang). I have been following their page for a while. Not sure about expertise, but they seem to have garnered huge experience over the years as a family run business. Offers customisation service. Has a physical premise to meet up.

Since you already have your own requirements, try to survey a few of them above. One thing I have to say that while a lot of jewellers (not to say anyone in particular) has a GIA graduate, in actual fact,  they may probably differ in view on what is the best stone.

Also, most of them should be getting stones from suppliers and not stones custom cut to their specifications, which is an expensive thing to do, hence, the chance to get a nice stone compared to those custom ones are lower. But still, not impossible. Overall, my advice is try to approach more and see who gives you the best confidence and makes you more comfortable. Try to survey more than the listed ones above. You can even walk-in to chained stores and see as well.

And one more thing... Cushion cut has a few types I believe (you can Google it). So you may want to see what exactly you want. There is even Hearts and Arrows cushion!

That's all I got to share. Good luck.
Thank you for you input ! I’ll definitely approach more stores. What do you think of my preferred requirement above ? Those requirements are based on my research and reading. Anything in your view that I need to adjust/change?

Mixgal
post Aug 8 2020, 10:57 PM

32 posts

Greetings all, can I have some comments on this piece ? It’s a 2ct cushion cut smile.gif

This post has been edited by Mixgal: Aug 8 2020, 10:59 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File  trim.3B974FDC_03F3_43EA_994B_7A99D5069ED0.MOV ( 742.03k ) Number of downloads: 6
Mixgal
post Aug 9 2020, 03:15 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 9 2020, 01:46 PM)
I don't know shit about cushion cuts, but I am guessing this piece is still with the supplier. If this is true than this means that Zcova may be able to get it for you as well, and they could either be cheaper or more expensive. Alternatively, you can ask for different opinion and options as well since 2 carat is not a cheap stone.
Actually I already bought it and it’s on its way to me 🙊 posting it here because I’m feeling anxious and was hoping to get some assurance haha

The supplier I got it from does not have the ASET images and pretty much told me ASET images are redundant for fancy cuts. From my own research, I disagree but I just requested again, let’s see what they say..

Meanwhile, anyone who have knowledge of cushion cut please feel free to chime in..

Video of the diamond -

https://youtu.be/BpcEVkhDE6c

This post has been edited by Mixgal: Aug 9 2020, 03:18 PM
Mixgal
post Aug 9 2020, 07:34 PM

32 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 9 2020, 04:27 PM)
Alot things have been said about ASET, but if there are 2 ASETs to compare, a good one and a bad one, I think we can more or less make things out.

But hey, I am sure you have considered quite abit before committing so must well enjoy your stone! 🥳
Thank you ! smile.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.56    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:21 PM