Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

Archegonium1111 P
post Dec 2 2019, 06:19 PM

Probation
0 posts

1243532829 0.4 RM56xx

Hi Sifu, can help advise on the diamond above, is it worth the price? Tqvm!
Archegonium1111 P
post Dec 2 2019, 11:59 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 2 2019, 11:12 PM)

Numbers look pretty good. Despite it having a 60% table but it is compensated with a 60.3% depth. The crown and Pavilion pairing also looks okay. Overall should favour brilliance more than fire based on such proportions. However, you have to see the overall cut quality. Are the arrows aligned nicely? Does the heart look good? I assume it is an in-store physical stone since this stone has a date of 2017, which is another thing that concerns me - why it is still there? Sometimes it can be actually really no one buys it, but sometimes, it can be cut quality issue. If you can see it, then well, if you like it, then you can really consider it. If this stone is from a brick-and-mortar then I would say the price is pretty fair. Even if I am selling, D VVS2 will most likely be 5k and above too.

If you want options, here is a good one:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link) 

https://pictr.com/images/2019/12/02/5w0Wu1.md.jpg

It is slightly bigger and has all the images of the stone provided. Not to mention, it is cheaper too. It is graded by AGS is slightly stricter in terms of cut quality, but as far as diamond fluorescence is concerned, AGS takes GIA none fluorescence and GIA faint fluorescence as both negligible. In reality, if I have a faint fluorescence stone, it may be able to sell it cheaper because there is usually more discount from the supplier side for such stone. 

Is fluorescence bad? In reality, faint fluorescence usually has no impact to the beauty of the diamond, and it cant be seen without exposing the stone under UV light. So I won't mind.

In fact, I have 2 stones coming this week that contains faint fluorescence. Will share it via my Facebook page when it arrives.

Thanks for the advice and recommendation, right now the dealer has another piece recommended for me, GIA 7306197988 0.42 Price RM 4xxx, he says VS1 flaw is not noticeable under the score, if compared to previous stone which one more worthy to buy?
Archegonium1111 P
post Dec 3 2019, 01:36 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 3 2019, 08:49 AM)

This one has a 63% depth. It is a bit too deep to my liking, but will it affect performance? This we have to see the stone image or video or the actual stone. You put 4xxx, so it really depends what is the second number.

VS1 is always a good clarity range.

However, we cannot make judgement solely on grading report, so best if we have additional info. Does the dealer has any images for you?

The price is around RM4500 now waiting the dealer send me images. Meanwhile I found another stone GIA1343092533 0.4 RM43xx, has paired 35 crown and 40.6 pavilion angle

https://pictr.com/images/2019/12/03/5wZf79.md.jpg

How do think this one?
Archegonium1111 P
post Dec 3 2019, 11:53 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 3 2019, 02:50 PM)

The GIA1343092533 is a good stone with good price. Managed to find the pics. Hearts and Arrows are very good, with some slight complain only. Nothing major. 

https://pictr.com/images/2019/12/03/5waclc.md.jpg

If I am correct, this vendor's ring setting is cheap. So if you manage to get this diamond together with their ring setting, your final price will be very good.

Problem is this stone is currently on virtual inventory. If not mistaken, I think some vendor already lock it down. But no harm to confirm with your vendor.

Yea I think I will go for this one. Thank you so much for your help Sifu 😁😁😁

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0157sec    0.27    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:23 PM