Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

96 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

kambingkoh
post Jan 25 2017, 08:13 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(drbone @ Jan 25 2017, 08:10 PM)
My girlfriend measured her ring size and says that it's a little tight to fit in for size 8 , however once in, fits snugly. As for size 9, it fits too but only slightly snug. She can't decide as she says both sizes are OK.
Any tips?
biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
8.5 lol. Where you bought it btw?
kambingkoh
post Jan 26 2017, 09:12 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(drbone @ Jan 25 2017, 10:12 PM)
haha , didn't buy it yet, just asked girlfriend to measure at poh kong.
I see... since she already know, then measure correctly and get it done correctly the first time. It is a hassle to resize and the workmanship will be not as good as before resizing. Good luck! thumbup.gif
kambingkoh
post Jan 27 2017, 09:11 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(drbone @ Jan 26 2017, 08:47 PM)
Yup , now am trying to decide whether should get the tighter one or the not so tight one. It's not tight or loose based on her description for both the sizes.
rclxub.gif  rclxub.gif
You also have to see what time you wear the ring. Morning when we wake up, we will usually be slightly "fatter" compare to night time. Personally, I won't recommend the tight one. If they don't offer 8.5, then should go for 9 instead. As long as you shake your hand and it doesn't off that easily, I think is good enough, most importantly, she has to be comfortable with it.

However, if you want the snugly feel and feel that size 9 is not that secure, then can just ask for 8.5. I am no sure Poh Kong got or not, but those vendors that can provide custom rings will be able to do so. Just try more from different shops and see, no need to rush thing... unless you need to hahahaha... tongue.gif
kambingkoh
post Feb 6 2017, 11:43 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(drbone @ Jan 27 2017, 01:18 PM)
Thanks for the tip. Most likely I'll ask her to take the size 9. Apparently gold price has dropped too this time .  rclxm9.gif
So how was it?
kambingkoh
post Feb 7 2017, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(drbone @ Feb 7 2017, 06:42 AM)
Yup she was happy with the size 9. I have yet to
Choose the ring
Great. Did you end up getting Hemera?
kambingkoh
post Feb 9 2017, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(smartncy @ Feb 9 2017, 01:42 PM)
Hi,

Need you guys opinion about

Stone 1:
GIA No.: 6222860082
Spec: 0.58c D colour VS2 3EX
Quoted price from Wxx CXXX after some discount: RM10,400 (loose diamond)
It looks fine to me as a newbie under microscope and naked eyes. However I realised a big discrepancies between the score of cut between HCA tool (3.9) and Enchanted (96.6)

Stone 2:
GIA No.: 2175840567
Spec: 0.6c D colour VS2 3EX
Quoted price from Wxx CXXX after some discount: RM12k (loose diamond)
It looks fine to me as a newbie under microscope and naked eyes. However I realised a big discrepancies between the score of cut between HCA tool (2.4) and Enchanted (88.1)

Stone 3:
Another stone with casing (ready set):
GIA No.: 2196145177
Spec: 0.6c F colour VS2 3EX
Quoted price from Wxx CXXX after some discount: RM14,500
HCA cut score: 2.4
Enchated: 88.1

Stone 4:
GIA No.: 5186587820
Spec: 0.5c D colour VS2 3EX (This 1 looks good but size is slightly smaller than my expectation sad.gif
Quoted price from Wxx CXXX after some discount: RM11,300
HCA cut score: 0.8
Enchated: 100

No sure if either HCA tool or Enchanted cut score is more reliable?
Is this a good stone or good buy? I have been spending almost 2 months time visiting several shops for several times. Hope can finalise the decision soon.

Hoping to get something around 0.6c D colour VS2 3EX with budget <RM12k which seems like not easy. Also checked in Audreys online and retail shop but also not easy as many of their stones are located in HK and some stones listed in their site have been sold.....

Please gimme your opinion and advice. Many thanks
Stone 1:
GIA No.: 6222860082
Spec: 0.58c D colour VS2 3EX
Quoted price from Wxx CXXX after some discount: RM10,400 (loose diamond)
It looks fine to me as a newbie under microscope and naked eyes. However I realised a big discrepancies between the score of cut between HCA tool (3.9) and Enchanted (96.6)

Steep crown (35.5°), steep pavilion (41.0°) is a wrong combination. That's why this diamond has a low score. If the pavilion is around, let's say 40.6 degrees, then the score should be higher for HCA. Usually steep crown will pair with shallower pavilion angles and vice versa. For example 35.5 degrees crown angle (steep side) should pair with 40.6 pavilion angle (shallow side). For example, 34 degrees crown angle (shallow side) should pair with 40.9 pavilion angle (steep side). So I won't take this diamond.

Stone 2:
GIA No.: 2175840567
Spec: 0.6c D colour VS2 3EX
Quoted price from Wxx CXXX after some discount: RM12k (loose diamond)
It looks fine to me as a newbie under microscope and naked eyes. However I realised a big discrepancies between the score of cut between HCA tool (2.4) and Enchanted (88.1)

36.5 degrees crown angle is an over steep crown angle, your diamond may suffer in terms of brilliance. Here is a quote from www.niceice.com (this linkhttp://niceice.com/diamond-grading-101/obstruction-light-diamonds/) on why people cut diamond to 36.5 degrees:
Here again, we have a really steep crown angle of 36.5 degrees. I want you to notice the correlation between the total depth of these diamonds and the visible outside diameter. Steep crown and deep pavilion sections add unnecessary carat weight to a diamond. This takes the form of carat weight which is hidden in the depth of the diamond. This means that you are paying a premium for diamond carat weight that is not visible as outside diameter!

So not only are you paying for carat weight that you’re not visually benefiting from in terms of visible outside diameter. You are paying for carat weight that is literally robbing you of the sparkle factor!

Why do diamond cutters produce “steep, deep diamonds” such as these? “It’s all about profits baby!”

Stone 3:
GIA No.: 2196145177
Spec: 0.6c F colour VS2 3EX
Quoted price from Wxx CXXX after some discount: RM14,500
HCA cut score: 2.4
Enchated: 88.1

Same explanation as Stone 2.

Stone 4:
GIA No.: 5186587820
Spec: 0.5c D colour VS2 3EX (This 1 looks good but size is slightly smaller than my expectation sad.gif
Quoted price from Wxx CXXX after some discount: RM11,300
HCA cut score: 0.8
Enchated: 100

Based on specs alone, this stone seem great. You may want to view further on this stone. Check with WC whether their setting contains palladium.

Side note: At this price point, I may be able to get a super ideal diamond with lower colour (probably F colour) from WhiteFlash, and get it set by another local jeweller, which aroused my interest lately. Their setting is quite standard and does not contain palladium, but their price is quite cheap - RM 750 (standard design) - RM 1000 (custom). The jeweller name is "Memory Jewellery", you may check them out.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 9 2017, 08:57 PM
kambingkoh
post Feb 9 2017, 06:51 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

deleted. duplicated.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 9 2017, 06:51 PM
kambingkoh
post Feb 9 2017, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(smartncy @ Feb 9 2017, 10:35 PM)
Many many thanks kambingkoh. You are really pro
Saw that you are interested in getting at least a 0.6ct. If you are comfortable to purchase online, here are some additional options, no obligations, just sharing:

0.607 F VS2
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link)
Loose diamond cost: USD 2586 (free shipment + insurance)
Using exchange rate of 4.5, should be around RM 12340 for the loose stone, together with shipment to Malaysia (including GST)
Setting by iDo Jewellery (contains palladium) should cost around RM 2000 for simple solitaire (my guess)
OR
Setting by Memory Jewellery (does not contain palladium) should cost between RM 750 - RM 1000 (you need to check it out personally by letting them know the size of the diamond)
Total will be approximately: RM 14340 / RM 13340

0.604 E VS2
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link)
Loose diamond cost: USD 2891 (excluding shipment & insurance)
Using exchange rate of 4.5, should be around RM 14100 for the loose stone, together with shipment to Malaysia (including GST)
Setting by iDo Jewellery (contains palladium) should cost around RM 2000 for simple solitaire (my guess)
OR
Setting by Memory Jewellery (does not contain palladium) should cost between RM 750 - RM 1000 (you need to check it out personally by letting them know the size of the diamond)
Total will be approximately: RM 16100 / RM 15100

Although Brian Gavin is more expensive, but BLACK is the highest signature range in their inventory, a step higher than their original signature range. It is the pinnacle of Brian the Cutter's work.

Other links:
iDo Jewellery: http://www.idojewellery.com/
Memory Jewellery: http://www.memoryjewellery.com.my/

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 9 2017, 11:30 PM
kambingkoh
post Feb 10 2017, 11:53 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(bb100 @ Feb 9 2017, 04:41 PM)
Why need to bump the colour until D?
Haha... it is normal for people to get the best 4C spec if their budget allow and also for mind-clean purpose. But as usual, unless the D colour is within budget, then by all means go for it, if not, then there is no need to push the budget to achieve D colour. As long as the diamond's cut is great, I believe a G colour can outdo a poorly cut D colour diamond anytime.
kambingkoh
post Feb 20 2017, 02:29 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(smartncy @ Feb 19 2017, 09:35 AM)
Latest found:
Diamond 1 (I attached with the actual photo)
GIA No. 1249761696
0.7ca F SI1 3xEx
Inclusion: Twinning Wisp
Price: rm13.4k but the casing price if this seller is more expensive
Enchanted score: 100
HCA tool cut score: 1.3

Diamond 2:
GIA No. 6212454804
0.7ca D SI1 3xEx
Inclusion: Crystal, Feather
Price: rm14.4k but the casing price of this seller is cheaper
Enchanted score: 96.9
HCA tool cut score: 1.4

Which would be a better buy? Or I should use such budget for something like 0.6ca DEF colour VS or  VSS which is probably cost 1k less with similar cut score?

Wish to finalise my purchase soon. Many thanks again
Based on proportions alone, I would prefer GIA No. 1249761696 because the crown angle of 34.5 degrees and pavilion angle of 40.8 degrees play well with each other. Other proportions look good as well.

However, the arrows are somehow slightly misaligned at these red colored locations:
Attached Image

At RM 13.4k, I would say the price is pretty good. I just checked both WhiteFlash and Brian Gavin and closest you can get is almost RM 17K including GST (using exchange rate 4.5), so it is like 3.6k extra for a super-ideal. Which would be a better buy depends how much is the ring setting. Also, if can, try to ask for the Diamond 2's image as well. Also try to ask for images like idealscope, ASET, and Hearts and Arrows for both diamonds.

My only concern is that at SI-1, there are plenty of Twinning Wisps on the diamond and it seem some of these inclusions are going all the way to the edge of the diamond. You may want to ask your seller on its durability since this is a SI-1. You may consider to ask your seller whether it is eye-clean or not. Maybe can try to ask them to take a photo of the diamond up-close without any magnification so that you can have a rough idea how it will look like in normal view. If it is eye-clean and there is no durability risk, I would say this is quite a good diamond, for this price (based on the proportions alone). It would be best if you can have the ASET and IdealScope to determine its light performance.

Btw, what is the price for each vendor's ring setting?

I may use this as the base price for a 0.6ct, so try to find out if your vendor is able to beat this, if yes, and the price difference is able to justify itself, then you should be alright =>
With USD 2652 (around RM 12750 including GST and misc charges), you can get this 0.604 F VS2 ACA:
http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link)

Good luck and all the best! thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 20 2017, 02:32 PM
kambingkoh
post Feb 22 2017, 06:01 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Briiiannnn @ Feb 22 2017, 04:50 PM)
Hi sifu-sifu, need some advice for my engagement ring.

Which should i choose for below 3 diamonds.

Price is RM4.5k with 18k white gold setting.

Please refer to attach GIA cert for more info.
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Pavilion angle reached 41 degrees above will start to leak light:

http://www.prosumerdiamonds.com/maximising-value/
http://www.prosumerdiamonds.com/crown-angle/

Get the best proportions:
http://niceice.com/diamond-buying-secrets/...buying-success/

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 22 2017, 06:02 PM
kambingkoh
post Feb 22 2017, 09:54 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(bb100 @ Feb 22 2017, 06:09 PM)
Haha you posted the Enchanted cut scores, I posted the HCA scores, not bad.

rclxms.gif
cheers.gif
kambingkoh
post Feb 23 2017, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(bkkw @ Feb 22 2017, 10:23 PM)
Hi all sifu,

I'm looking for a proposal ring.
Had done some research but don't know how to decide.
Lazare and GIa cert diamonds which one better?
Lazare uses in-house cert. They grade the stones themselves. Cert details are not available online and the cert itself does not tell all proportions (Star Length, if not mistaken). GIA cert is a well-recognized cert worldwide and is an independent diamond lab.

Not all Lazares are cut to perform that well. Some can be pretty good, some can be mediocre, but all are overpriced.

Hearts & Arrows failed for one of the Lazare diamonds I saw on a pendant actually didn't quite meet the standard. This is normal because there are not selling Hearts & Arrows (super-ideal), they are just selling ideal cut. I saw some that can perform well under LED lighting at retail store, but I can't be sure if they can perform the same under normal lighting conditions. As you know, in retail stores, most stuff blings.

To get an idea what is the difference of Hearts & Arrows and Lazare, go to Tomei/Gold Heart/My Diamond and check out their Le Lumiere, then go to DeGem and check out their Lazare. You can go to Mid Valley as there is a flagship Le Lumiere store and a DeGem store there, you may even drop by Bangsar's DeGem to check things out. Let me know if you can tell the difference, or which one you preferred. I can't guarantee that all Le Lumiere may reached Hearts & Arrows standard, but since this is their selling point, I believe some of them may reach the standard. See few of them and compare to few Lazares. So, you will come down to a few conclusions:

1. Hearts & Arrows performs better than Lazare.
2. Lazare performs better than Hearts & Arrows.
3. Shit, I can't see the difference man.

If you reached conclusion 1:
Great. You have more options for H&A diamonds now. Do consider WhiteFlash or Brian Gavin if you are considering Hearts & Arrows as their price will be cheaper than retail stores (most likely).

If you reached conclusion 2:
It is overpriced (for example, a 0.42 there can be a RM 3500 - RM 4000 difference compared to what you can get from WhiteFlash or Brian Gavin), but money can be earned again. Buy what you and your partner desired is usually more important, as long as you don't go over your budget.

If you reached conclusion 3:
Then please refer conclusion 1 to save some $$.

My thoughts:

I am always looking for balanced performance, that means, fire and light return works well with each other. Some diamond can be cut with steep crown angle to increase the fire, but this will sacrifice on light return. This kind of steep crown angle will create a very fiery effect on the diamond under pin-fire lighting (e.g. candles), but since we live in a modern world where fluorescent lamp is used more than candle, this steep crown angle may cause the diamond looks duller. Hence, I always look for something that can bring a balanced performance in all environments, hence we need to look at the proportions of the diamonds.

The proportions for Lazare diamonds are actually quite good to be honest:
Attached Image
But we can get such proportions as well at a more reasonable price.

Why Hearts & Arrows? Because for optical precision, so that it can perform well from all viewing angles. And because to me, this the creation of Hearts & Arrows require remarkable skills and the end product is a piece of fine art.

Does GIA has great diamonds?
Yes, definitely. Just that you will require more time to filter out because the standard for triple excellent does not guarantee that the stone is surely top notch in terms of performance. One thing I know is that it will surely be cheaper. Besides, you have readily available tools such as Enchanted Cut Score to quickly help you filter out poor performers. Refer here:
http://myengagementringexperience.blogspot...-brilliant.html

Hope this helps and good luck! thumbsup.gif
kambingkoh
post Feb 23 2017, 12:40 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Briiiannnn @ Feb 23 2017, 11:05 AM)
Sifu, meaning all 3 diamond also pavilion also above 41 degreee? Not a good buy?
41 degree is the max you should go, from what I learned. So diamond 1 is still okay. Just that the table is pretty wide and the diamond is on the shallow side.

Look at what I can filter out from Brian Gavin (all are affiliate links):

My preference, top to bottom:
USD 757 + USD 55 = USD 812. Convert to ringgit = RM 3670.24. Add GST = RM 3890.45. Add CUSTOM ring setting by Memory Jewellery @ RM1000 = RM 4890.45
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds...?a_aid=myengexp
USD 769 + USD 55 = USD 824. Convert to ringgit = RM 3724.48. Add GST = RM 3947.95. Add CUSTOM ring setting by Memory Jewellery @ RM1000 = RM 4947.95
USD 888 + USD 55 = USD 943. Convert to ringgit = RM 4262.36. Add GST = RM 4518.10. Add CUSTOM ring setting by Memory Jewellery @ RM1000 = RM 5518.10
USD 743 + USD 55 = USD 798. Convert to ringgit = RM 3606.96. Add GST = RM 3823.38. Add CUSTOM ring setting by Memory Jewellery @ RM1000 = RM 4823.38
This is an older diamond, not sure why still in their inventory, I suspect may be a trade-in diamond for upgrade. Anyway, just a guess.

Note:
Memory Jewellery ring setting starts from RM 750 for existing design. I am indicating custom setting here.
They don't contain palladium and contain abit nickel (not all people allergic to it, but some do). However, at this price point. It is worth it. I can always upgrade the setting in the future.

Poorly cut diamond cost can go up to 30% difference in price, based on this site. So, if you ask me, none of the GIA diamonds you provided are worth the purchase. I rather drop the colour to F and take the RM 4890.45 0.303 F VS2. After all, it is a signature line that is handpicked by Brian Gavin himself.

Let me know if you need further assistance. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: May 7 2017, 08:53 PM
kambingkoh
post Feb 24 2017, 10:29 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(tattvooi @ Feb 23 2017, 10:05 PM)
Dear All,

How would you rate this diamond ring? How much do you think it worth?

Actually how diamond is value? Clarity etc overweight size?

Thank you for your clarification. I've no idea at all, now I wanna find ring to propose to my gf....

[attachmentid=8520363]

[attachmentid=8520367]
Diamond is based on how rare it is. It will be a mixture of all the 4Cs.

Color S-W? Are you interested in Yellow Diamonds? If you are, then I would suggest you go as further down the colour range as possible, so that it will look more yellow, and thus will make more sense to buy such colour grade. Even at Z colour, I believe it should be relatively cheaper than a D colour diamond though, because after Z colour, there seems to be more and more yellow grades. I just read this: http://www.leibish.com/au/about-fancy-yell...nds-article-347. The price really depends how yellow it is.

I2 - Why would you want a diamond with the such low clarity/a lot inclusions? Unless the yellow colour reached a very yellowish colour that makes it so rare and so unique, then I won't think this is a good buy. At S-W colour, I don't think is worth it to be honest.

Referring to this:
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/f...ity-sku-2477876
The price is USD 2400. Carat is 1.4ct, inclusion is I1. Already can see the inclusion clearly on the surface. It is only has "Very Good" for cut, polish, and symmetry. Colour is U-V.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/f...ity-sku-2245157
The price is USD 3090. Same I1 clarity, polish is "Excellent" and symmetry is "Very Good". Smaller size, but more expensive than the 1.4ct? Why? The "polish" is one of the factors that this is more expensive, however, the inclusion for this diamond is also quite visible, so I don't think it will affect the price too much compared to the diamond above. The other factor may be the fluorescence of the diamond above, which is strong vs. faint for this diamond, but then, I don't think this will affect the price so much as well. So, what is the other factor? I believe it should be the colour -> Fancy Light Yellow, as stated in the GIA cert. Cut is no longer stated there, which I don't know why, my guess is because people buy such stone for colour, so they don't really bother about cut that much.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/f...rity-sku-674346
Now, look at this. A whopping USD 12610. Still the same size and same clarity as the 2nd stone above. Polish and Symmetry is only "Good". But why the huge gap in terms of price? Check out the GIA cert -> Fancy Vivid Yellow. So, based on such scenario, I believe the weight of the price lies on the rarity of the colour.

Of course, if the cut of the diamond is nice, I believe the price for each diamond should be relatively higher as well.
So back to your question. How much does it cost? Using diamond 1 from JamesAllen as base, because that is the closest range to the diamond you ask, the price per carat will be USD 2400/1.4 = 1714.29. So, for your 1.05ct, the price will be USD 1714.29 x 1.05ct = USD 1800. A 14K white gold ring probably will cost you not more than a thousand ringgit. So, let's convert all back to ringgit:

USD 1800 x 4.52 (I put higher because when we buy USD, the price will be slightly more) = RM 8136.
Add ring setting RM 1000 = RM 9136.

Since you one is an I2 diamond, the price should be lower than this. And cut may also affect the price, since your colour is still within the standard colour scale. So it would be best if you could share the cert number. Also, what is the price offered? Lastly, are you sure you are willing to sacrifice on inclusion? ohmy.gif

I have also excluded GST by mistake, but it should be okay because the price should still be lower than RM 9136 stated.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 24 2017, 02:22 PM
kambingkoh
post Feb 26 2017, 07:57 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(tattvooi @ Feb 25 2017, 11:48 PM)
Wow, what a thorough review and analyses. Thank you so much~It's from ebay and I was offered RM2k for the said diamond. Do you all think it worth buying? How to make sure diamond is genuine through online purchase? Sorry, another noobie question whistling.gif
Will they provide any cert? To be honest, RM 2K for a 1ct diamond together with ring setting is very dodgy to me. How reliable is the seller? Check out their reputation on ebay, make sure they provide GIA cert or AGS cert. Better still, get the cert number so that we can help you to take a look. Buying blind like this may be a scam, so becareful. It is really too cheap to be true.

Read this:
http://www.jewelry-secrets.com/Blog/i2-clarity-diamonds/

Btw, do you have the ebay link?

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 26 2017, 04:30 PM
kambingkoh
post Feb 26 2017, 11:11 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(LevelUp_Macha @ Feb 26 2017, 09:18 PM)
Hi All Sifu,

Need some advise from you. I am looking to propose to my beloved soon (mid or early mid of the year). However, I feel that most of the people I know uses round shape diamond to propose. What about Heart Shape Diamonds? I am thinking to propose with Heart Shaped Diamond to make it more special or at least unique.

As it does not sound like a norm, few questions in mind:

1. Could I get a raise of hand of how many people proposed with Heart Shaped Diamond?
2. What would be the difficulty / Cons of Heart Shaped Diamond compare to round shape? (Not as shiny?, difficult to put onto ring?, Girls dislike heart shape diamond?
3. I am looking for this 0.45 carat (Click Here for GIA). What do you think?

notworthy.gif
Maybe bb100 can help you out, since he has one heart shape diamond.
kambingkoh
post Feb 27 2017, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(bb100 @ Feb 26 2017, 11:45 PM)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, finally found someone who is on the same wavelength with me! I got myself a heart shaped diamond too for my upcoming proposal cuz round diamond is too mainstream hahaha.

rclxm9.gif

Now allow me to answer your questions.

1. Me!!!

2. Fancy cuts cannot be compared one-on-one with round brilliants, as both their target audience is different. Round brilliants are for people who want the most bling, while fancy cuts are for those who are after the shape - pear, cushion, oval, heart, etc. Of course, one has to sacrifice sparkle and brilliance for these unique shapes. But that does not mean that you can settle for a badly cut heart shaped diamond. Even though a heart shaped diamond might not be as sparkly as its round counterpart, the stone will still sparkle if it is a well cut diamond.

3. To be honest, do not get a heart shape of less than 0.5 carat. Anything below 0.5 will make the heart shape indistinguishable and it will look like a badly cut round diamond even from close range. However, if you cannot go beyond that size due to budget constrains, one trick is to do a bezel setting. This type of setting will accentuate the shape of the heart beautifully. Also, try and get a heart shape with excellent symmetry cuz it is very important to have an exact mirror image of both halves of the heart. Otherwise, your heart will look cacat.

Ohh yes, one more thing. The L/W ratio of your selected diamond is 0.86, which is slightly fat, in my opinion. The ideal heart shape, or "happy heart" is somewhere between 0.90-0.92. A L/W ratio of above 0.93 will make it look elongated and thin, macam your heart shape tak cukup makan hahaha. These are more suitable for pendants. But this is more of a personal preference lahh. If you think that an elongated heart looks nice, by all means go ahead.
Fuiyooh. Jann Paul explained to you all that?
kambingkoh
post Feb 27 2017, 10:30 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(bb100 @ Feb 27 2017, 09:52 AM)
Half half lahh. I learnt a lot about fancy cuts cuz they have all sorts of shapes there. The salesperson one by one let me see under the ASET scope haha. Then he explained why fancy cuts cannot compare with round brilliant lohh.

Some I sendiri researched online like minimum size for heart shape and the ideal L/W ratio. Researched liao then went back to JannPaul there to confirm haha.
I see...
kambingkoh
post Mar 1 2017, 06:36 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(tattvooi @ Mar 1 2017, 02:57 PM)
Can anyone LYN sifu help me to vouch both these deals? BOth priced the same. Which 1 is the more attractive? More important how to ascertain authenticity.
Thanks. icon_rolleyes.gif

Click Here to view!!!  icon_question.gif Diamond 0.5C
user posted image
Click Here to view!!! icon_question.gif Diamond 1.05C
user posted image
Condition stated:
New without tags: A brand-new, unused, and unworn item that is not in original retail packaging or may be missing original retail packaging materials (such as the original box or bag). The original tags may not be attached.

You really really have to get the certificates for both. The pictures attached are just for reference only and they are not the real diamonds.

And why would you want to get a S-W colour I2 diamond? shocking.gif If you prefer light yellow diamonds, that's fine, but an I2 clarity?! rclxub.gif And based on your choice of:
1) 0.5 G-H colour SI clarity
2) 1.05 S-W colour I2 clarity

I don't think you are looking for any yellow diamonds because G-H colour range is considered near colourless range. So, what exactly do you have in mind? It's hard to just snap 2 diamonds without further details, so please get the cert details. If the seller can't even provide, you should really source elsewhere.

The ways to ascertain authenticity I can think of is:
1. Must have valid certificate (GIA, AGS).
2. Buy from reputable vendors.

96 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0212sec    0.55    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:54 PM