Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

228 Pages « < 205 206 207 208 209 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

KraZyy P
post Apr 3 2022, 07:39 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hi, can any sifu help to check these 2 diamonds, which is more prefer?
Both diamond are S11, 3EX. Any risk for the milky diamond for both? hmm.gif

GIA No: 1415432205
GIA No: 7416771535
kambingkoh
post Apr 3 2022, 07:53 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(KraZyy @ Apr 3 2022, 07:39 PM)
Hi, can any sifu help to check these 2 diamonds, which is more prefer?
Both diamond are S11, 3EX. Any risk for the milky diamond for both? hmm.gif

GIA No: 1415432205
GIA No: 7416771535
There is always a risk. But I will say relatively low. If you can see the real Diamond then it will be good. If you cannot, then the jeweler can check the BGM data from the supplier. It will be stated there.

Both diamonds have nice proportions.

Personally I like the second diamond. 34 and 40.8 looks lovely.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Apr 3 2022, 07:54 PM
KraZyy P
post Apr 3 2022, 08:50 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 3 2022, 07:53 PM)
There is always a risk. But I will say relatively low. If you can see the real Diamond then it will be good. If you cannot, then the jeweler can check the BGM data from the supplier. It will be stated there.

Both diamonds have nice proportions.

Personally I like the second diamond. 34 and 40.8 looks lovely.
Thanks for the comment. Both diamond colour are not same grade, 1st is F colour, 2nd is H colour. The prices of these 2 diamonds vary <RM100. If BGM data showed low risk for both to get milky, is that more prefer to choose the F colour?
kambingkoh
post Apr 4 2022, 01:39 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(KraZyy @ Apr 3 2022, 08:50 PM)
Thanks for the comment. Both diamond colour are not same grade, 1st is F colour, 2nd is H colour. The prices of these 2 diamonds vary <RM100. If BGM data showed low risk for both to get milky, is that more prefer to choose the F colour?
Naturally, yes. So if both cut quality are more or less similar, F is the better option.
Cherry2424
post Apr 4 2022, 09:23 AM

3 posts

Hi @kambingkoh

I've tried to go through this thread but there are not much review on TSL. Went to visit over the weekend and there's one which caught my eyes. The specs were 0.5 carat, G colour, SI1, 3EX and the price are RM10,500. I didn't have much knowledge about diamond but only the 4C, hence I didnt really ask the angle cut for it.

As from the past experience whereby my mom always purchase jewelries from them, my mom will always say their workmanship is very good blablabla. It's true that after so many shops such as Tomei, Wah Chan etc they don't give me a wow, but when I saw this piece it actually caught my eyes.

But how to define the workmanship is it worth for this price? As I know SI1 is not that perfect as it's quite included but the piece is quite shine. I've tried to ask Zcova and they have quoted me a price with the same spec but VS2 and it's around RM9,800.

Can you please give me some opinions on this?

This post has been edited by Cherry2424: Apr 4 2022, 09:28 AM
kambingkoh
post Apr 4 2022, 01:42 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Cherry2424 @ Apr 4 2022, 09:23 AM)
Hi @kambingkoh

I've tried to go through this thread but there are not much review on TSL. Went to visit over the weekend and there's one which caught my eyes. The specs were 0.5 carat, G colour, SI1, 3EX and the price are RM10,500. I didn't have much knowledge about diamond but only the 4C, hence I didnt really ask the angle cut for it.

As from the past experience whereby my mom always purchase jewelries from them, my mom will always say their workmanship is very good blablabla. It's true that after so many shops such as Tomei, Wah Chan etc they don't give me a wow, but when I saw this piece it actually caught my eyes.

But how to define the workmanship is it worth for this price? As I know SI1 is not that perfect as it's quite included but the piece is quite shine. I've tried to ask Zcova and they have quoted me a price with the same spec but VS2 and it's around RM9,800.

Can you please give me some opinions on this?
I am assuming you are talking about the workmanship of the ring (not the diamond).

There is no definition for how much workmanship worth as it is something very subjective. If you see two rings that have the same gold weight, similar design, but has some workmanship differences and the final price is different (whereby the more expensive one has better workmanship), maybe by a couple hundred, are you willing to pay the higher amount to get that one? What if it is a couple of thousands? Are you willing to pay that as well? For me, if couple of hundred, then I don't mind, but if a couple of thousands, then probably I will continue my search elsewhere.

If you really want to know, you can compare the gold weight between the items you see in those chain stores. The gold rate should be standard between them on a daily basis. You can refer to the gold rate on the display board in the shops, most of them should have it. If not, go to a shopping complex with multiple stores and do some footwork. I may do 75% x gold price of 999 gold for 18k gold. Since 18k is practically 75% real gold. Some shops will have the price of 18k gold, which you can ask too.

Now, check the weight of the rings you see, with that, you can deduce out the cost of gold for normal consumer. What's left will be the misc cost such as design cost, profit, workmanship, aftersales, etc. You can then see if the price is worth it.

Also, try to see if the design is a complicated design, if the design has side diamonds, if the design has mix tone of gold (i.e. rose gold mix white gold). These will make the workmanship cost higher.

I have seen Lazo (largest white gold chain store in Malaysia) throwing out promotion for 18k (I think) for like RM 300 (more or less) if you buy their diamond. Wah Chan can probably also offer you rings below RM 1k as well (excluding diamond). So for vendors like myself, my price will be starting from RM 1500 because I simply do not have the volume. So that is also a part of the cost that may not have anything to do with workmanship, but more like because of economy of scale. The reason I am still doing is because I need to set diamonds for people that buy stones from my affiliate partners like WhiteFlash or Brian Gavin Diamonds, as most jewelers these days are not willing to set diamonds not sold by them. However, I do have one benefit - my rings are all custom made when is needed and it will be based on my customer's preferred design, while for chain stores, the rings are usually ready made with various designs, and sometimes one may not find what they desire.

As for SI1 diamonds, they can actually be pretty good, and if you found a decent one, it will be value for money.

So, let's say my customer buys this 0.521 ct G SI1 Expert Selection Round Cut Loose Diamond:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link), which costs USD 1730 (RM 7,333.17). Then look for me to do a simple solitaire at RM 1600 (0.5ct I assume around this price). The final price will be RM 8933.17.

Another example, 0.505 ct G VS2 A CUT ABOVE® Hearts and Arrows Diamond:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link), which costs USD 2050 (after deduct USD 100 for first-time, converts to RM 8,689.17. Then look for me to do a simple solitaire at RM 1600 (0.5ct I assume around this price). The final price will be RM10289.17.

I do provide free engraving and one-time free resizing.

With this, I don't think TSL is overcharging or anything. It seems fair for a brick-and-mortar. It is after-all, branding itself as a more premium brand. Most importantly, I think you like what you saw, I guess that carries some weight when making decision. If you are really interested in that piece, try to view it under normal shopping lighting outside the store, not inside the store, to see if you still feel the same.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Apr 4 2022, 01:43 PM
Cherry2424
post Apr 4 2022, 02:46 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 4 2022, 01:42 PM)
I am assuming you are talking about the workmanship of the ring (not the diamond).

There is no definition for how much workmanship worth as it is something very subjective. If you see two rings that have the same gold weight, similar design, but has some workmanship differences and the final price is different (whereby the more expensive one has better workmanship), maybe by a couple hundred, are you willing to pay the higher amount to get that one? What if it is a couple of thousands? Are you willing to pay that as well? For me, if couple of hundred, then I don't mind, but if a couple of thousands, then probably I will continue my search elsewhere.

If you really want to know, you can compare the gold weight between the items you see in those chain stores. The gold rate should be standard between them on a daily basis. You can refer to the gold rate on the display board in the shops, most of them should have it. If not, go to a shopping complex with multiple stores and do some footwork. I may do 75% x gold price of 999 gold for 18k gold. Since 18k is practically 75% real gold. Some shops will have the price of 18k gold, which you can ask too.

Now, check the weight of the rings you see, with that, you can deduce out the cost of gold for normal consumer. What's left will be the misc cost such as design cost, profit, workmanship, aftersales, etc. You can then see if the price is worth it.

Also, try to see if the design is a complicated design, if the design has side diamonds, if the design has mix tone of gold (i.e. rose gold mix white gold). These will make the workmanship cost higher.

I have seen Lazo (largest white gold chain store in Malaysia) throwing out promotion for 18k (I think) for like RM 300 (more or less) if you buy their diamond. Wah Chan can probably also offer you rings below RM 1k as well (excluding diamond). So for vendors like myself, my price will be starting from RM 1500 because I simply do not have the volume. So that is also a part of the cost that may not have anything to do with workmanship, but more like because of economy of scale. The reason I am still doing is because I need to set diamonds for people that buy stones from my affiliate partners like WhiteFlash or Brian Gavin Diamonds, as most jewelers these days are not willing to set diamonds not sold by them. However, I do have one benefit - my rings are all custom made when is needed and it will be based on my customer's preferred design, while for chain stores, the rings are usually ready made with various designs, and sometimes one may not find what they desire.

As for SI1 diamonds, they can actually be pretty good, and if you found a decent one, it will be value for money.

So, let's say my customer buys this 0.521 ct G SI1 Expert Selection Round Cut Loose Diamond:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link), which costs USD 1730 (RM 7,333.17). Then look for me to do a simple solitaire at RM 1600 (0.5ct I assume around this price). The final price will be RM 8933.17.

Another example, 0.505 ct G VS2 A CUT ABOVE® Hearts and Arrows Diamond:

https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link), which costs USD 2050 (after deduct USD 100 for first-time, converts to RM 8,689.17. Then look for me to do a simple solitaire at RM 1600 (0.5ct I assume around this price). The final price will be RM10289.17.

I do provide free engraving and one-time free resizing.

With this, I don't think TSL is overcharging or anything. It seems fair for a brick-and-mortar. It is after-all, branding itself as a more premium brand. Most importantly, I think you like what you saw, I guess that carries some weight when making decision. If you are really interested in that piece, try to view it under normal shopping lighting outside the store, not inside the store, to see if you still feel the same.
Hi there,

I really appreciate the opinions and advices that you have provided above. So you do help people do setting for their diamond rings? How can I reach out to you if I might be keen in the future?

Besides, I'm trying to learn the proportions for the diamond. Do you have any link or website as a benchmark? As I saw like each of the website they have different guidelines on this. It's kind of lost for me though.

Apart from that, I have a friend who purchased from Love & Co previously for a 0.5carat with RM5.5k. I was surprised at first then only I found out that they have this in house grown diamond. What's your opinion for that? As I know it's real diamond as well, but is it like worth a try? As I don't have much knowledge but I've went through few websites after googling. But still it's something new for me as I've never heard about this.

Sorry I have a lot of questions as I think it really needs a lot of research and not to regret after purchased it.

kambingkoh
post Apr 4 2022, 03:15 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Cherry2424 @ Apr 4 2022, 02:46 PM)
Hi there,

I really appreciate the opinions and advices that you have provided above. So you do help people do setting for their diamond rings? How can I reach out to you if I might be keen in the future?

Besides, I'm trying to learn the proportions for the diamond. Do you have any link or website as a benchmark? As I saw like each of the website they have different guidelines on this. It's kind of lost for me though.

Apart from that, I have a friend who purchased from Love & Co previously for a 0.5carat with RM5.5k. I was surprised at first then only I found out that they have this in house grown diamond. What's your opinion for that? As I know it's real diamond as well, but is it like worth a try? As I don't have much knowledge but I've went through few websites after googling. But still it's something new for me as I've never heard about this.

Sorry I have a lot of questions as I think it really needs a lot of research and not to regret after purchased it.
These are just some guidelines of some diamonds with some branding:

https://www.lazarediamonds-sea.com/what-is-...mond.php/lang/s

https://www.whiteflash.com/a-cut-above-diam...qualifications/

In reality, there are diamonds that can perform well even though their proportions are out of the listed ones above.

Also, GIA will round up some angles such as the crown angle, a 34.4 will be 34.5 on GIA. Something like that, but it is good enough if you know what you are looking for.

You can also consider using https://www.diamondscreener.com/cut-estimator/

Key in the proportions and you will see some similar diamonds below, and have an idea how they look like with such proportions, provided they are well-cut enough.

Lab grown diamond has the same properties as a natural diamond. I still prefer natural just because it is natural. But if a person only wants something that has same performance and durability without spending too much, it is certainly a good option. But do buy lab grown diamonds that come with grading report.

To look for me, you can just DM me here.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Apr 4 2022, 03:18 PM
Cherry2424
post Apr 4 2022, 04:34 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 4 2022, 03:15 PM)
These are just some guidelines of some diamonds with some branding:

https://www.lazarediamonds-sea.com/what-is-...mond.php/lang/s

https://www.whiteflash.com/a-cut-above-diam...qualifications/

In reality, there are diamonds that can perform well even though their proportions are out of the listed ones above.

Also, GIA will round up some angles such as the crown angle, a 34.4 will be 34.5 on GIA. Something like that, but it is good enough if you know what you are looking for.

You can also consider using https://www.diamondscreener.com/cut-estimator/

Key in the proportions and you will see some similar diamonds below, and have an idea how they look like with such proportions, provided they are well-cut enough.

Lab grown diamond has the same properties as a natural diamond. I still prefer natural just because it is natural. But if a person only wants something that has same performance and durability without spending too much, it is certainly a good option. But do buy lab grown diamonds that come with grading report.

To look for me, you can just DM me here.
Hi Kambingkoh,

Really appreciate your effort on replying my queries. I've went through those websites and found that it's still hard for a normal human like me to see whether is it a good diamond rclxub.gif I think it comes with experience notworthy.gif .

I've just got the GIA cert number from the salesperson. Can you please help me to see which diamond is better? And is it worth the price?

This is with 0.609g of 18k white gold. Price is RM10,490
SI1

This is with 2.7g of 18k white gold. Price is RM10,590.
VS2

Thanks smile.gif

kambingkoh
post Apr 4 2022, 04:40 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Cherry2424 @ Apr 4 2022, 04:34 PM)
Hi Kambingkoh,

Really appreciate your effort on replying my queries. I've went through those websites and found that it's still hard for a normal human like me to see whether is it a good diamond  rclxub.gif I think it comes with experience  notworthy.gif .

I've just got the GIA cert number from the salesperson. Can you please help me to see which diamond is better? And is it worth the price?

This is with 0.609g of 18k white gold. Price is RM10,490
SI1

This is with 2.7g of 18k white gold. Price is RM10,590.
VS2

Thanks  smile.gif
The first ring seems a bit lightweight? sweat.gif Anyway, the first ring's diamond is not 3EX. No point considering.

The second ring's diamond has Faint fluorescence, which IMO is okay, but price can be slightly lower.

Between these 2, I got only 3EX to choose, so ring 2 is the better choice.

Please note that you need to have the diamond images to make better judgement of its cut.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Apr 4 2022, 04:40 PM
Cherry2424
post Apr 4 2022, 04:48 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 4 2022, 04:40 PM)
The first ring seems a bit lightweight?  sweat.gif Anyway, the first ring's diamond is not 3EX. No point considering.

The second ring's diamond has Faint fluorescence, which IMO is okay, but price can be slightly lower.

Between these 2, I got only 3EX to choose, so ring 2 is the better choice.

Please note that you need to have the diamond images to make better judgement of its cut.
Oh sh*t, I didn't notice on that. Thanks for pointing that out for me notworthy.gif

I can only get the photo for the ring:

user posted image
user posted image

I've just got another quotation from Zcova. They offer a pretty reasonable price for around RM9,960 including setting price.

This is the diamond that they recommend me :

Zcova

What do you think? I guess it's quite good.

This post has been edited by Cherry2424: Apr 4 2022, 04:55 PM
kambingkoh
post Apr 4 2022, 07:11 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Cherry2424 @ Apr 4 2022, 04:48 PM)
Oh sh*t, I didn't notice on that. Thanks for pointing that out for me notworthy.gif

I can only get the photo for the ring:

user posted image
user posted image

I've just got another quotation from Zcova. They offer a pretty reasonable price for around RM9,960 including setting price.

This is the diamond that they recommend me :

Zcova

What do you think? I guess it's quite good.
The diamond offered by ZCOVA looks decent. It is not within the scope of both AGS ideal and GIA EX created by diamond screener.
user posted image

32.5 crown angle may be too shallow, but I could be wrong. I think the lowest crown angle I will possibly go is 33.5 (maybe 33). Again, I have not seen diamonds within this proportions in real life, I think you can try asking ZCOVA and see if they have any diamonds with similar proportions and see if they got any real life video you can see.

On the positive side, this diamond has good size for its price.
GSCboy
post Apr 5 2022, 03:27 PM

Regular
1,196 posts

Any recommendation, budget 15k-30k, 0.6-1 carat. Tried tiffany and love&co, she like the tiffany setting but then she said the sides are abit sharp, was thinking if there are more options
kambingkoh
post Apr 5 2022, 04:13 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(GSCboy @ Apr 5 2022, 03:27 PM)
Any recommendation, budget 15k-30k, 0.6-1 carat. Tried tiffany and love&co, she like the tiffany setting but then she said the sides are abit sharp, was thinking if there are more options
In that case, you can consider to custom your setting to your liking. If you really need to have a feel on how the design that will be custom-made looks like, ZCOVA has a 3D printer on-site to do it for you. Their prices surely fit your budget. You can try to arrange a time to experience them yourselves.
Cherry2424
post Apr 6 2022, 11:50 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 4 2022, 07:11 PM)
The diamond offered by ZCOVA looks decent. It is not within the scope of both AGS ideal and GIA EX created by diamond screener.
user posted image

32.5 crown angle may be too shallow, but I could be wrong. I think the lowest crown angle I will possibly go is 33.5 (maybe 33). Again, I have not seen diamonds within this proportions in real life, I think you can try asking ZCOVA and see if they have any diamonds with similar proportions and see if they got any real life video you can see.

On the positive side, this diamond has good size for its price.
They don't have any photos to share with me on this. But they do come back with another choices.

ZCOVA
GIA Cert
Inclusive the ring it will be around 10k. What do you think for this piece? icon_question.gif
kambingkoh
post Apr 6 2022, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Cherry2424 @ Apr 6 2022, 11:50 AM)
They don't have any photos to share with me on this. But they do come back with another choices.

ZCOVA
GIA Cert
Inclusive the ring it will be around 10k. What do you think for this piece? icon_question.gif
This one looks good.
Glcr94 P
post Apr 9 2022, 09:28 PM

Probation
2 posts

Hi Kambingkoh,
I’m doing some research, notice that now GIA grade for Natural Diamond and Lab Growth Diamond.

How we differentiate whether the diamond is Natural mined or Lab growth ?
kambingkoh
post Apr 9 2022, 10:58 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Glcr94 @ Apr 9 2022, 09:28 PM)
Hi Kambingkoh,
I’m doing some research, notice that now GIA grade for Natural Diamond and Lab Growth Diamond.

How we differentiate whether the diamond is Natural mined or Lab growth ?
Can only differentiate through the lab report.
Glcr94 P
post Apr 10 2022, 01:18 AM

Probation
2 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Apr 9 2022, 10:58 PM)
Can only differentiate through the lab report.
May I know which part in the GIA report to refer at?
Because I’m abit confuse after knowing GIA grade for Lab growth diamond. Eventually I tot diamond with GIA meant for Natural Diamond only.
kambingkoh
post Apr 10 2022, 05:31 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Glcr94 @ Apr 10 2022, 01:18 AM)
May I know which part in the GIA report to refer at?
Because I’m abit confuse after knowing GIA grade for Lab growth diamond. Eventually I tot diamond with GIA meant for Natural Diamond only.
The report design is different. You can refer to their sample report: https://www.gia.edu/analysis-grading-sample...-report-dossier

Lab-grown or natural is also indicated explicitly in their respective reports.

228 Pages « < 205 206 207 208 209 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0202sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:33 PM