QUOTE(hwachong @ Nov 28 2016, 08:55 PM)
any suggestion where to get proposal ring? any christmas discounts?
If you prefer super ideal
diamonds, then you can take a look at the 2 below. You won't be getting anything above 0.50ct, but diamonds within the range of 0.40ct.
Diamond:Brian Gavin Diamond:Sample: Click Me!Experience sharing link:Link 1WhiteFlash:Sample: Click Me!Experience sharing links:Link 1Link 2
For WhiteFlash, I am affiliated with it, if you are buying from them, appreciate if you can add in my link if they ask for it.
1. They are not cheap if you just compare the 4Cs, but diamonds are not just limited to 4Cs. These diamonds have clear Hearts & Arrows and are extremely well-cut, hence, providing good balance of brilliance and fire.
2. They are cheaper than branded diamonds you can get in the market, for instance, Lazare, Tiffany, Hearts on Fire, Cartier.
18K White Gold Ring Setting:
iDo Jewellery - RM 1,800 for simple solitaire design.
Location: Bukit Jalil. Call for appointment.
1. Ling's work is not bad. But you have to remind her to check on the final goods before delivery, such as whether it is well polished.
2. Try to get the ring size right for the first time. Resizing has a good chance to make the design slightly off compare to the original one and will have a tiny line on the ring later.
Go to Audrey's
to do some price survey.
Learn about diamonds:Prosumer DiamondsBeyond4csNiceice
Exchange rate when I bought that time was 4.17.
Alternatively you can visit some local stores and see for yourself. Wah Chan is famous for its competitive prices.
What I am sharing is my own personal experience of buying online and getting it set locally. The price is fair for me considering what I am getting - Super Ideal. It should be cheaper than what you can get locally for the same kind of cut. Some shops will brand their ring as perfect Hearts & Arrows aka Super Ideal, but you have to see it to believe it. Always ask to see the Arrows from the top and Hearts from the bottom. Most shops won't let you see the bottom because the diamond is always set in a ring setting. You can probably take a look at their loose stone sample (if they have one). I saw one loose stone sample of Estrella diamond from Diamond & Platinum which is very nice, however, I can't guarantee all the other Estrella diamonds will be as good. On the other hand, SK's True Hearts loose stone sample is not nice, but seller said that it is perfect Hearts & Arrows. But then, this can't guarantee other True Hearts won't be good. So, what I am trying to say is that you have to see it to believe it.
Some diamond shops are actually sister companies. For example:
1. DeGem & Diamond & Platinum
2. Tomei & My Diamond & LeLumiere & Gold Heart
3. SK & Love & Co
Hope this helps.
All the best in your diamond hunt!