Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!! (Advice Wanted)

views

metallian
post Oct 11 2021, 08:26 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Melhere @ Oct 8 2021, 08:36 AM)
For that price, I believe you are looking at their lazare diamond, which is their super ideal cut series. Layman term for super ideal cut means they have to sacrifice the diamond size just to cut it perfectly to get better shine. That's why it's more expensive

If you are looking for value for money, you should tell the sales person you are looking for GIA diamond. The last when I surveyed, their GIA diamond is priced very competitively. 0.3 carat, you can get your whole ring ard 3.5k. I think you can also check their gia prices in their website.

That's why you need to know what you want. Do you want bigger size or do you want better quality?

But no harm comparing prices around. You should always survey/research different jewellers for prices and quality before settling on your diamond ring. The after sale service is also very important.
QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 8 2021, 04:45 PM)
If it is Lazare diamond, then I will say that the cut should be great.

But in real life, you can find similar or a diamond that can show their cut quality in a more transparent way from other vendors.

You did not mention the other specs other than the 4Cs. But nonetheless, even if it is an overkill D colour Flawless clarity, it will still be overpriced.

You can consider it if brand name is something you are looking for. If what you are looking for is just diamond, other generic jewellers will offer you better value for money.

Personally, I will be more interested in a brand if the brand offers something exclusive to their brand name, for example the Decagon cut from JannPaul. Or some very exclusive jewellery design a brand has.
thanks to both of your insights, appreciate it alot!
at the end ive gotten 0.50ct H/SI1 for rm6.5k from Zcova

not sure if it's a good deal but the ring design is very nice and unique sweat.gif
YantoZyrus
post Oct 12 2021, 07:51 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(metallian @ Oct 11 2021, 08:26 PM)
thanks to both of your insights, appreciate it alot!
at the end ive gotten 0.50ct H/SI1 for rm6.5k from Zcova

not sure if it's a good deal but the ring design is very nice and unique  sweat.gif
Rm6.5k include ring setting?
metallian
post Oct 12 2021, 10:50 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(YantoZyrus @ Oct 12 2021, 07:51 PM)
Rm6.5k include ring setting?
Nope, with ring settings it's about rm9k.

I didnt mention that i did went to love&co gardens to survey. The saleslady immediately hardsell lab diamond and never mention anything else. Really give that brand a bad name.
YantoZyrus
post Oct 12 2021, 11:28 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

QUOTE(metallian @ Oct 12 2021, 10:50 PM)
Nope, with ring settings it's about rm9k.

I didnt mention that i did went to love&co gardens to survey. The saleslady immediately hardsell lab diamond and never mention anything else. Really give that brand a bad name.
Ah I see, I got mine from zcova too 0.4c F VS2 4.2k smile.gif

Love and co design macam not bad wor, dint went before.
ioored
post Oct 14 2021, 01:05 AM

17 posts

hi all, kambingkoh sifu

need your thoughts on these diamonds I selected from ZCOVA please.

choice 1
zcova
gia report

choice 2
zcova
gia report

choice 3
zcova
gia report

however the setting choices from ZCOVA arent great, so I'm planning to bring it to wjeweller to have it set.

thank you! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by ioored: Oct 14 2021, 02:04 AM
kambingkoh
post Oct 14 2021, 11:01 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(ioored @ Oct 14 2021, 01:05 AM)
hi all, kambingkoh sifu

need your thoughts on these diamonds I selected from ZCOVA please.
choice 1
zcova
gia report
choice 2
zcova
gia report
choice 3
zcova
gia report
however the setting choices from ZCOVA arent great, so I'm planning to bring it to wjeweller to have it set.

thank you!  biggrin.gif
Among 3, I will pick choice 1.

I see that you deliberately chose those with medium fluorescence?

I ask advise you to check with their consultant.

As for ring setting, you don't have to bring elsewhere. You can show them the design you want and they can custom for you.
ioored
post Oct 15 2021, 04:11 AM

17 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 14 2021, 11:01 PM)
Among 3, I will pick choice 1.

I see that you deliberately chose those with medium fluorescence?

I ask advise you to check with their consultant.

As for ring setting, you don't have to bring elsewhere. You can show them the design you want and they can custom for you.
I read that H coloured stones do better with a medium blue. And why I chose H? Mainly due to keep it within budget, and also I am not overly colour sensitive.

Choice 1 also scored the best out of the 3 on the HCA tool.

Noted on the ring setting - and I shall contact their consultant. Thanks

This post has been edited by ioored: Oct 15 2021, 04:12 AM
JLJQ
post Oct 15 2021, 10:30 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Sep 30 2021, 04:38 PM)
Based on your requirement, you can make an appointment with Lavin NY and see. As far as basic 4Cs are concerned, their prices are quite good. They keep some stock in hand so walking-in is a good idea.

You can of course, try Tailored Jewel as well using their online platform to get see how much is the final price you need to pay. I think their website did a pretty good job and allow you to allocate your budget accordingly.

Also try ZCOVA. Their platform is so far the best whereby you can see the actual diamond video. They also provide free customization service for your ring. They have additional certificate called LUMOS whereby they will put your diamond on the a machine to rate its performance.

I will also recommend you to visit Lazo Diamond or Wah Chan as well. They sell some pretty affordable stuff too.

Overall, try to compare between different vendors and don't rush into commiting to one company. Give yourself some time to digest.
Hi Kambingkoh sifu, have already done my rounds & checked out most of the relevant jewellers within my criteria.

I must say that Lavin's price point is just too attractive for what they offer, not sure about other price ranges, but at the 3k - 5k range I haven't found any others that can top it.

Very good value & the whole experience so far with them has been great!

Now it's down to the diamond selection, hope to get some of your thoughts.

We are looking at Round | 0.30ct | F | VS2 | Excellent | None | RM2,264.

They recommend me 2 options (same spec, same price):

- GIA No.: 1329528778
- GIA No.: 6207577210

Any thoughts on which would be the better choice? icon_question.gif

And from your experience, is this a good price already? Thanks!
kambingkoh
post Oct 16 2021, 01:35 AM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(JLJQ @ Oct 15 2021, 10:30 PM)
Hi Kambingkoh sifu, have already done my rounds & checked out most of the relevant jewellers within my criteria.

I must say that Lavin's price point is just too attractive for what they offer, not sure about other price ranges, but at the 3k - 5k range I haven't found any others that can top it.

Very good value & the whole experience so far with them has been great!

Now it's down to the diamond selection, hope to get some of your thoughts.

We are looking at Round | 0.30ct | F | VS2 | Excellent | None | RM2,264.

They recommend me 2 options (same spec, same price):

- GIA No.: 1329528778
- GIA No.: 6207577210

Any thoughts on which would be the better choice?  icon_question.gif

And from your experience, is this a good price already? Thanks!
Lavin price is always good.

Both diamond seems okay, but we can't make judgement without a single photo.
JLJQ
post Oct 16 2021, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 16 2021, 01:35 AM)
Lavin price is always good.

Both diamond seems okay, but we can't make judgement without a single photo.
Here's the picture they sent.

They suggest taking the left one (6207577210).

I think it's because it sparkles better, and the heart & arrow shapes are more well defined (disclaimer just a noobs interpretation).

Not sure if I'm observing correctly, but even though the colour is both F, the left one seems to look like it has a slight "tint" on it, while the right one seems to look "clearer", even in the video footage they sent.

Left: 6207577210
Right: 1329528778

Appreciate your thoughts & advice sifu!

This post has been edited by JLJQ: Oct 16 2021, 11:50 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
friedcheeken P
post Oct 16 2021, 01:41 PM

Probation
0 posts

Hi, is anyone familiar with the "Love" Diamond range from Suen Jewellers?

We went to take a look at Lavin, ZCOVA and Tailored Jewel and found that the prices were very reasonable - We were able to get a 1 carat diamond between 25k - 30k (depending on the specs of diamond selected) and this is inclusive of the ring setting in platinum!

So we went ahead and also paid a visit to Suen because we wanted to see the difference between a top quality stone vs. the ones you get at Lavin, ZCOVA etc. And true enough, we were pretty blown away because the difference in the stone quality is really like night and day - Suen's Love Diamonds had a lot of fire and brilliance and sparkled like crazy when we saw it. The price of their 1 carat is almost double at 56k++ (again, depending on the specs selected).

So my question is - we were originally very keen on a 1 carat ring which would be quite affordable from places like Lavin....but after being blown away by the quality of the Love diamond, we are now having second thoughts. Would you prioritise quality and downsize to 0.7/0.8ct just so we can buy the Love diamond (cause 1 carat at Suen is definitely out of reach atm lol) OR would you stick to the larger sized stone at places like Lavin, ZCOVA etc.......it doesn't sparkle as much but at the end of the day it's still a diamond?

Would you go for a 0.7/0.8ct quality stone which sparkles like crazy or a bigger 1 carat stone which doesn't look as great?
kambingkoh
post Oct 16 2021, 03:18 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(JLJQ @ Oct 16 2021, 11:49 AM)
Here's the picture they sent.

They suggest taking the left one (6207577210).

I think it's because it sparkles better, and the heart & arrow shapes are more well defined (disclaimer just a noobs interpretation).

Not sure if I'm observing correctly, but even though the colour is both F, the left one seems to look like it has a slight "tint" on it, while the right one seems to look "clearer", even in the video footage they sent.

Left: 6207577210
Right: 1329528778

Appreciate your thoughts & advice sifu!
Hearts cannot be seen from the top, you can only see them from the bottom.

Both proportions look fine for me. And the picture is not an actual magnified photo, but rather just an image of the stone itself on different settings. In such scenario, i will say it will be best for you to go and have a visit and take a look at both diamonds for comparison.

kambingkoh
post Oct 16 2021, 03:25 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(friedcheeken @ Oct 16 2021, 01:41 PM)
Hi, is anyone familiar with the "Love" Diamond range from Suen Jewellers?

We went to take a look at Lavin, ZCOVA and Tailored Jewel and found that the prices were very reasonable - We were able to get a 1 carat diamond between 25k - 30k (depending on the specs of diamond selected) and this is inclusive of the ring setting in platinum!

So we went ahead and also paid a visit to Suen because we wanted to see the difference between a top quality stone vs. the ones you get at Lavin, ZCOVA etc. And true enough, we were pretty blown away because the difference in the stone quality is really like night and day - Suen's Love Diamonds had a lot of fire and brilliance and sparkled like crazy when we saw it. The price of their 1 carat is almost double at 56k++ (again, depending on the specs selected).

So my question is - we were originally very keen on a 1 carat ring which would be quite affordable from places like Lavin....but after being blown away by the quality of the Love diamond, we are now having second thoughts. Would you prioritise quality and downsize to 0.7/0.8ct just so we can buy the Love diamond (cause 1 carat at Suen is definitely out of reach atm lol) OR would you stick to the larger sized stone at places like Lavin, ZCOVA etc.......it doesn't sparkle as much but at the end of the day it's still a diamond?

Would you go for a 0.7/0.8ct quality stone which sparkles like crazy or a bigger 1 carat stone which doesn't look as great?
SUEN love diamonds are claimed to be true hearts and arrows. You can probably see the original hearts of the diamond printed on the diamond grading report.

Giving the exact 4Cs of the diamonds in comparison may be helpful in making a better judgement. Better still, the grading report number.

Also, you have to see what is the lighting of the environment if you are looking at the stones. Different shop may be different. While Lavin may have real stones for you to view, ZCOVA and TJ may be showing you sample cubic zirconia, unless so happened they have some real stones on hand for you to see.

You can also make comparison against hearts and arrows seller such as WhiteFlash, Brian Gavin Diamonds, and of course Jann Paul, and see whether the prices are good.
JLJQ
post Oct 19 2021, 09:29 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 16 2021, 03:18 PM)
Hearts cannot be seen from the top, you can only see them from the bottom.

Both proportions look fine for me. And the picture is not an actual magnified photo, but rather just an image of the stone itself on different settings. In such scenario, i will say it will be best for you to go and have a visit and take a look at both diamonds for comparison.
Thanks for the info kambingkoh sifu!

I can't really make a visit down to look in person due to schedule & timeline sadly sad.gif Have to make a call already.

I've checked using the tools you recommend here often (diamondscreener & price scope), and both have good scores!

Although, interestingly the GIA: 1329528778 seem to score slightly better on both tools (right in the GIA & AGS intersection with a 1.3 HCA score).

While the one that they are recommending, GIA: 6207577210 because it apparently "sparkles & shines better due to good measurement" is right at the borderline for GIA & AGS intersection with 1.8 HCA score.

Based on what we can work with (& the non-magnified picture), what do u suggest as the wiser choice?

Or just make it easy & go with what they suggested since they r the pros & can c the actual stone in person? They say naked eye GIA: 6207577210 looks better & sparkles well, but mentioned it's subjective.
kambingkoh
post Oct 19 2021, 09:43 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(JLJQ @ Oct 19 2021, 09:29 PM)
Thanks for the info kambingkoh sifu!

I can't really make a visit down to look in person due to schedule & timeline sadly  sad.gif Have to make a call already.

I've checked using the tools you recommend here often (diamondscreener & price scope), and both have good scores!

Although, interestingly the GIA: 1329528778 seem to score slightly better on both tools (right in the GIA & AGS intersection with a 1.3 HCA score).

While the one that they are recommending, GIA: 6207577210 because it apparently "sparkles & shines better due to good measurement" is right at the borderline for GIA & AGS intersection with 1.8 HCA score.

Based on what we can work with (& the non-magnified picture), what do u suggest as the wiser choice?

Or just make it easy & go with what they suggested since they r the pros & can c the actual stone in person? They say naked eye GIA: 6207577210 looks better & sparkles well, but mentioned it's subjective.
Fyi, The diamond screener is just a tool to help you see how diamond with similar table, crown angle, and pavilion angle looks like, if they are well-cut enough.

I won't work with the picture that we have because I can't really tell much from it, especially when one is facing up while the other is pointing at another direction. Nonetheless, even if both are facing up-right, personally I won't make any decision based on a still picture.

What I may do is just trust the seller, or ask them to shoot a video of both diamonds like how they make their Facebook stories and see which one capture my attention the most.
derravile
post Today, 03:27 PM

Choking on my aspirations
1,868 posts

hi bro, came across this thread will hunting for engagement ring

i am looking for aprox 0.9 to 1, depending on budget...

i went to lavin n degem, seems like most ppl here, lavin does offer the best value

I've shortlisted the following, would u mind to help take a look at my selection? To me, all diamonds look the same, not sure exactly how does 1 diamond sparkle more

GIA No:
Attached Image

kambingkoh
post Today, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(derravile @ Oct 23 2021, 03:27 PM)
hi bro, came across this thread will hunting for engagement ring

i am looking for aprox 0.9 to 1, depending on budget...

i went to lavin n degem, seems like most ppl here, lavin does offer the best value

I've shortlisted the following, would u mind to help take a look at my selection?  To me, all diamonds look the same, not sure exactly how does 1 diamond sparkle more

GIA No:
Attached Image
First of all, those pictures are 100% SAMPLE pictures. Not the actual diamond itself. Be careful of that.

Please use this tool: https://www.diamondscreener.com/cut-estimator/. Key in the Table %, crown angle, pavilion angle. You will then get a glimpse of how similar diamonds with that sort of proportions may look like.

With that, you can see that the first two diamonds have the highest chance to become the worst performer. You can see based on the same proportions, there is a chance the arrows are not being reflected clearly.

user posted image

While the last 2 diamonds have higher chance to become the best performer. You can see based on the same proportions, there is a chance the arrows can reflect clearly.

user posted image

Rule of thumb is to find diamonds with clearer arrows to have a good chance for it to perform well.

Among all the four here, I will pick diamond 3 (7376665042), but that is solely based on proportions alone. I strongly suggest you to go and request for the actual diamond picture/video. If they have they physical stone available locally, I would suggest you to compare all your options and see which diamond captures your attention more.
derravile
post Today, 06:12 PM

Choking on my aspirations
1,868 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Oct 23 2021, 04:12 PM)
First of all, those pictures are 100% SAMPLE pictures. Not the actual diamond itself. Be careful of that.

Please use this tool: https://www.diamondscreener.com/cut-estimator/. Key in the Table %, crown angle, pavilion angle. You will then get a glimpse of how similar diamonds with that sort of proportions may look like.

With that, you can see that the first two diamonds have the highest chance to become the worst performer. You can see based on the same proportions, there is a chance the arrows are not being reflected clearly.

user posted image

While the last 2 diamonds have higher chance to become the best performer. You can see based on the same proportions, there is a chance the arrows can reflect clearly.

user posted image

Rule of thumb is to find diamonds with clearer arrows to have a good chance for it to perform well.

Among all the four here, I will pick diamond 3 (7376665042), but that is solely based on proportions alone. I strongly suggest you to go and request for the actual diamond picture/video. If they have they physical stone available locally, I would suggest you to compare all your options and see which diamond captures your attention more.
ohh wow, did not really notice that when i was there, guess i ll just have to dropby again to have look to compare again

how should i look at it? from top to see how the arrows are?
kambingkoh
post Today, 07:32 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

QUOTE(derravile @ Oct 23 2021, 06:12 PM)
ohh wow, did not really notice that when i was there, guess i ll just have to dropby again to have look to compare again

how should i look at it? from top to see how the arrows are?
Just see which one you like more under same lighting. I don't think they will give you hearts and arrows scope.

Just do a blind test and follow your heart ba. I think it is more practical and effective.

If you want more info on the cut quality, you will need the hearts and arrows the scope.

Anyway, the proportions for these diamonds won't make it to some of the proportions requirement of some diamond brands, but they may simply call that a gimmick.

For example, Lazare has the below proportions requirement:
https://www.lazarediamonds-sea.com/what-is-...are-diamond.php

I am not sure whether you see the Lazare diamonds when you visit the store or not. I would recommend you to take a look at them and see whether you like them or not. If yes, then you can consider looking for diamonds that fall within Lazare proportions to increase your chance of landing a good diamond.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Today, 07:35 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0216sec    0.69    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd October 2021 - 09:34 PM