Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

228 Pages « < 167 168 169 170 171 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

coolguy99
post Dec 12 2019, 07:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
6,818 posts

deleted.

This post has been edited by coolguy99: Dec 12 2019, 07:41 PM
cxybolt P
post Dec 13 2019, 10:22 PM

Probation
5 posts

Hi Kambingkoh,

Thank you for your help in this forum thus far.

May I know your opinion on
GIA 1293002164
GIA 6302728736

Thank you in advance. Would appreciate other people's honest opinion too!
kambingkoh
post Dec 13 2019, 11:13 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(cxybolt @ Dec 13 2019, 10:22 PM)
Hi Kambingkoh,

Thank you for your help in this forum thus far.

May I know your opinion on
GIA 1293002164
GIA 6302728736

Thank you in advance. Would appreciate other people's honest opinion too!
Try: https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

Rule of thumb is to reject diamonds score 2 and above. Then, check out diamonds that score below 2. Of course, this HCA is created by an Australian gemologist and some may find it useful, while some others may be skeptical about it. Personally, I would use it as a guideline. I will only encourage you to use it to shortlist diamonds, but never as the main determining factor.

In this case, I would pick the 0.36ct based in proportions. But you have to remember proportions alone is not enough, you still have to see how well-cut is the overall stone by looking through the hearts and arrows scope.

Of course, this stone is a SI1 stone, and with Cloud being the main inclusion. The first inclusion that appears in the inclusion list will be the main one, then follow by secondary one and so on... so it might turn me down a little because I may afraid that it may go too cloudy. Then again, we won't know unless we are able to see the real diamond either physically or via image or video.

As the diamonds are from 2018, I am guessing they are brick-and-mortar stones? If yes, then check them out and see whether you like it or not or which one you like best. If the stone is not a physical stone, then ask the jeweller you engaging whether the inclusion is serious or not for the SI1 stone, also ask him or her to provide photos or videos. Of course, you may ask for the images or videos for the other stone as well, just to compare.

Lastly, survey the price and see if it is worth it or not. You can find prices via Zcova website, Memory Jewellery website, Audrey's website, Tailored Jewel website, etc.

Hope this helps?
debonairs91
post Dec 16 2019, 11:22 PM

Enthusiast
973 posts

Going to propose soon.

Out of these 3 diamonds, which one would be the best one based on the info given? Carat size all three around the same size

Diamond A

Table - 56.5
Depth - 62.4
Crown - 35.3
Pavilion - 40.7
user posted image

Diamond B

Table - 56.0
Depth - 61.8
Crown - 35.4
Pavilion - 40.7
user posted image

Diamond C

Table - 55.0
Depth - 62.0
Crown - 34.5
Pavilion - 40.8
user posted image
kambingkoh
post Dec 16 2019, 11:42 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(debonairs91 @ Dec 16 2019, 11:22 PM)
Going to propose soon.

Out of these 3 diamonds, which one would be the best one based on the info given? Carat size all three around the same size

Diamond A

Table - 56.5
Depth - 62.4
Crown - 35.3
Pavilion - 40.7
user posted image
Diamond B

Table - 56.0
Depth - 61.8
Crown - 35.4
Pavilion - 40.7
user posted image

Diamond C

Table - 55.0
Depth - 62.0
Crown - 34.5
Pavilion - 40.8
user posted image
All 3 diamonds look pretty good. I would shortlist diamond A and diamond C for the precision of the arrows though. Diamond A should exhibit slightly more fire due to its steeper crown angle, while diamond C is actually the closest thing I can get that matches Tolkowsky Ideal Cut in terms of crown angle and Pavilion angle. So personally, I would pick diamond C, if given these 3 choices.

Seems like this is from James Allen (based in the tiny logo at the bottom right of those images)? Last checked is they don't ship to Malaysia, but do double confirm with them. If these diamonds do not fall under James Allen True Hearts collection, then probably ZCOVA can source for you too as far as I know.
debonairs91
post Dec 17 2019, 07:58 AM

Enthusiast
973 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 16 2019, 11:42 PM)
All 3 diamonds look pretty good. I would shortlist diamond A and diamond C for the precision of the arrows though. Diamond A should exhibit slightly more fire due to its steeper crown angle, while diamond C is actually the closest thing I can get that matches Tolkowsky Ideal Cut in terms of crown angle and Pavilion angle. So personally, I would pick diamond C, if given these 3 choices.

Seems like this is from James Allen (based in the tiny logo at the bottom right of those images)? Last checked is they don't ship to Malaysia, but do double confirm with them. If these diamonds do not fall under James Allen True Hearts collection, then probably ZCOVA can source for you too as far as I know.
Thanks for your opinion. It's either A or C also for me. Shipping to SG shouldn't be a problem coz I'm half based in SG lol.

It's under true hearts but I didn't know zcova can source other diamonds from James Allen. How much premium do they charge for loose diamond sourcing from JA?
kambingkoh
post Dec 17 2019, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(debonairs91 @ Dec 17 2019, 07:58 AM)
Thanks for your opinion. It's either A or C also for me. Shipping to SG shouldn't be a problem coz I'm half based in SG lol.

It's under true hearts but I didn't know zcova can source other diamonds from James Allen. How much premium do they charge for loose diamond sourcing from JA?
Actually any vendor that connects to the same supplier can source the same stone, as long as the stone is not exclusive to one particular vendor, such as True Hearts for James Allen.

Zcova can also source stones that are listed in BlueNile as well, as long as the stone is not exclusive to BlueNile, such as the Astor collection.

I don't think they will charge a premium for sourcing stones, they may even price match what James Allen is offering for that stone, but they can be possible chance that it may be slightly higher or even lower. No harm checking with them. As far as I remember, one of the forumers actually managed to price match the diamond price from Enchanted Diamonds (which is now closed down / bankrupt).

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Dec 17 2019, 10:15 AM
8u8u
post Dec 18 2019, 01:14 AM

Regular
1,249 posts

Is it true that most couple that buys Cartier love ring normally go for thicker ring for the male and thinner ring for the female
kambingkoh
post Dec 18 2019, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(8u8u @ Dec 18 2019, 01:14 AM)
Is it true that most couple that buys Cartier love ring normally go for thicker ring for the male and thinner ring for the female
I think standard men rings are typically wider in terms of width compare to women's, regardless of brand.
rangermy
post Dec 18 2019, 06:37 PM

0 posts

Hi Kambingkoh, any view (quality, price, and experience) on the online retailer EnglandDiamond.com in Hong Kong, and wholeseller Bludiamong in Malaysia? Thanks.
kambingkoh
post Dec 18 2019, 10:03 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(rangermy @ Dec 18 2019, 06:37 PM)
Hi Kambingkoh, any view (quality, price, and experience) on the online retailer EnglandDiamond.com in Hong Kong, and wholeseller Bludiamong in Malaysia? Thanks.
Hi Ranger, I have no experience with either one. They probably run on similar concept so to me is who has the best offer for the best possible diamonds that matters most. Quick check on England Diamond seem to show that they might have some in - house Hearts and Arrows diamonds, however no images can be found. You may try ask.

Between these two, if you are based in Malaysia, I think Bludiamond may be a better choice, if everything else are similar.

Sorry, can help much.
Randomization
post Dec 19 2019, 12:19 PM

Casual
455 posts

QUOTE(kahwai.andy @ Dec 12 2019, 05:13 PM)
Mr Kambingkoh if you want to Fake it till you make it, please by all means go ahead. No need to shoot you down.

But for those reader here , just look at the History for this tread. The modus operandi is pretty clear and obvious.

If the reader after looking at this thread and weight in the risk and yet choose to buy from you please go ahead and buy from him - good luck 

But seriously, why take the risk when there are so many reputable online and offline retailer out there. I'm sure you guys can find a better offer then what he have.

Just my opinion - this extra risk don't justify anything .
Hi Mr Gemologist,

This is a recommendation/Q&A thread and there were so many questions posed by forumers but nobody with enough knowledge in the field gave any input.

Since you're certified and trusted, why don't you give your advice here?

If anyone gave wrong/fake advice, then proof them wrong and expose them with facts. I believe most forumers here can judge for themselves.

kambingkoh
post Dec 19 2019, 07:40 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

user posted image

Seems like a not-too-bad promotion by ZCOVA:
https://www.facebook.com/775461832580869/po...40294339430935/

Mention my name Yang Kin to enjoy RM 50 off!

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Dec 19 2019, 07:41 PM
jarjar6666
post Dec 19 2019, 08:25 PM

Casual
354 posts

QUOTE(8u8u @ Dec 18 2019, 01:14 AM)
My husband’s wedding band is the thick love ring and mine is the thin c de Cartier with one small diamond.
kambingkoh
post Dec 20 2019, 12:43 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

Alright, time to let go at a cheaper price. Each diamond reduced by RM 400. Call it a year end sale or something. wink.gif

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid...499356163766575

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid...499356163766575

That being said, if we use Memory Jewellery ring setting, which starts from RM 1400 usually, you can get a:
1. 0.42ct E VS1 GIA 3EX Faint Fluorescence at RM 4850 for the whole ring

OR

2. 0.41ct E VVS2 3EX Faint Fluorescence at RM 5250 for the whole ring.

If you are thinking why did I pick Faint Fluorescence, this is because usually the price of it is lower, also, AGS (the lab that grades US vendor super ideal diamonds) takes both GIA None Fluorescence and GIA Faint Fluorescence as AGS Negligible Fluorescence. So I am totally fine with it. Also, you will also notice some vendors will also offer GIA Faint Fluorescence stones as well.

Actual stone is available for viewing if you are skeptical about it. You will be able to see:

1. The hearts and arrows via the hearts and arrows scope (usually most vendors will have this, but usually you won't be able to view the hearts most of the time as the diamond is mounted, I am able to show you both).

2. The Idealscope image and the ASET image via the respective scopes. You can view the magnified image via the microscope in real-time. This is something very rare in Malaysia, I would say, but not entirely none.

3. Of course, view the GIA laser inscription on the girdle to make sure the diamond you are looking is the actual diamond itself.

I will usually recommend to meet up at Memory Jewellery if you want to set the ring as well as I know they have a strong production house behind their works, at a pretty reasonable price.

Interested, do PM me. Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. smile.gif
rangermy
post Dec 24 2019, 05:29 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 18 2019, 10:03 PM)
Hi Ranger, I have no experience with either one. They probably run on similar concept so to me is who has the best offer for the best possible diamonds that matters most. Quick check on England Diamond seem to show that they might have some in - house Hearts and Arrows diamonds, however no images can be found. You may try ask.

Between these two, if you are based in Malaysia, I think Bludiamond may be a better choice, if everything else are similar.

Sorry, can help much.
Thanks kambingkoh
Read your blog, very useful.
Can you recommend an one carat (1 to 1.05) super ideal cut diamond, say G/VS1 or E/VVS2, from Blackflash or Black by Brian Gavin?
kambingkoh
post Dec 24 2019, 08:26 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(rangermy @ Dec 24 2019, 05:29 PM)
Thanks kambingkoh
Read your blog, very useful.
Can you recommend an one carat (1 to 1.05) super ideal cut diamond, say G/VS1 or E/VVS2, from Blackflash or Black by Brian Gavin?
LOL. Its Whiteflash. Anyway, do let me know your budget so I can roughly see what's in store for you. You may PM me if you want to keep it private. Thanks.
ybtan
post Dec 27 2019, 11:52 AM

On my way
663 posts

Hi all, what do you think of this diamond?

GIA 6342220142 0.5, F, VS1, 3ex

Attached Image

This post has been edited by ybtan: Jan 13 2020, 11:07 AM
kambingkoh
post Dec 27 2019, 09:03 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(ybtan @ Dec 27 2019, 11:52 AM)
Hi all, I am getting a diamond ring soon. what do you think of this diamond?

GIA 6342220142 0.5, F, VS1, 3ex

Attached Image
Overall looks nice. Proportions looks nice. Pretty good one.
debonairs91
post Dec 28 2019, 09:04 AM

Enthusiast
973 posts

Anyone heard of lavin new York? Price seems too cheap to be true

228 Pages « < 167 168 169 170 171 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0181sec    0.35    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:00 AM