Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!! (Advice Wanted)

views

Archegonium1111 P
post Dec 2 2019, 11:59 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 2 2019, 11:12 PM)

Numbers look pretty good. Despite it having a 60% table but it is compensated with a 60.3% depth. The crown and Pavilion pairing also looks okay. Overall should favour brilliance more than fire based on such proportions. However, you have to see the overall cut quality. Are the arrows aligned nicely? Does the heart look good? I assume it is an in-store physical stone since this stone has a date of 2017, which is another thing that concerns me - why it is still there? Sometimes it can be actually really no one buys it, but sometimes, it can be cut quality issue. If you can see it, then well, if you like it, then you can really consider it. If this stone is from a brick-and-mortar then I would say the price is pretty fair. Even if I am selling, D VVS2 will most likely be 5k and above too.

If you want options, here is a good one:
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link) 

https://pictr.com/images/2019/12/02/5w0Wu1.md.jpg

It is slightly bigger and has all the images of the stone provided. Not to mention, it is cheaper too. It is graded by AGS is slightly stricter in terms of cut quality, but as far as diamond fluorescence is concerned, AGS takes GIA none fluorescence and GIA faint fluorescence as both negligible. In reality, if I have a faint fluorescence stone, it may be able to sell it cheaper because there is usually more discount from the supplier side for such stone. 

Is fluorescence bad? In reality, faint fluorescence usually has no impact to the beauty of the diamond, and it cant be seen without exposing the stone under UV light. So I won't mind.

In fact, I have 2 stones coming this week that contains faint fluorescence. Will share it via my Facebook page when it arrives.

Thanks for the advice and recommendation, right now the dealer has another piece recommended for me, GIA 7306197988 0.42 Price RM 4xxx, he says VS1 flaw is not noticeable under the score, if compared to previous stone which one more worthy to buy?
kambingkoh
post Dec 3 2019, 08:49 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Archegonium1111 @ Dec 2 2019, 11:59 PM)
Thanks for the advice and recommendation, right now the dealer has another piece recommended for me, GIA 7306197988 0.42 Price RM 4xxx, he says VS1 flaw is not noticeable under the score, if compared to previous stone which one more worthy to buy?
This one has a 63% depth. It is a bit too deep to my liking, but will it affect performance? This we have to see the stone image or video or the actual stone. You put 4xxx, so it really depends what is the second number.

VS1 is always a good clarity range.

However, we cannot make judgement solely on grading report, so best if we have additional info. Does the dealer has any images for you?
Archegonium1111 P
post Dec 3 2019, 01:36 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 3 2019, 08:49 AM)

This one has a 63% depth. It is a bit too deep to my liking, but will it affect performance? This we have to see the stone image or video or the actual stone. You put 4xxx, so it really depends what is the second number.

VS1 is always a good clarity range.

However, we cannot make judgement solely on grading report, so best if we have additional info. Does the dealer has any images for you?

The price is around RM4500 now waiting the dealer send me images. Meanwhile I found another stone GIA1343092533 0.4 RM43xx, has paired 35 crown and 40.6 pavilion angle

https://pictr.com/images/2019/12/03/5wZf79.md.jpg

How do think this one?
kambingkoh
post Dec 3 2019, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Archegonium1111 @ Dec 3 2019, 01:36 PM)
The price is around RM4500 now waiting the dealer send me images. Meanwhile I found another stone GIA1343092533 0.4 RM43xx, has paired  35 crown and 40.6 pavilion angle
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/12/03/5wZf79.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/12/03/5wZf79.md.jpg </a>
How do think this one?
It is a sample image. Not the real stone. But the crown and Pavilion angle pairing is good. And the overall proportions look good!
kambingkoh
post Dec 3 2019, 02:50 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Archegonium1111 @ Dec 3 2019, 01:36 PM)
The price is around RM4500 now waiting the dealer send me images. Meanwhile I found another stone GIA1343092533 0.4 RM43xx, has paired  35 crown and 40.6 pavilion angle
<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/12/03/5wZf79.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/12/03/5wZf79.md.jpg </a>
How do think this one?
The GIA1343092533 is a good stone with good price. Managed to find the pics. Hearts and Arrows are very good, with some slight complain only. Nothing major.

user posted image

If I am correct, this vendor's ring setting is cheap. So if you manage to get this diamond together with their ring setting, your final price will be very good.

Problem is this stone is currently on virtual inventory. If not mistaken, I think some vendor already lock it down. But no harm to confirm with your vendor.
Archegonium1111 P
post Dec 3 2019, 11:53 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 3 2019, 02:50 PM)

The GIA1343092533 is a good stone with good price. Managed to find the pics. Hearts and Arrows are very good, with some slight complain only. Nothing major. 

https://pictr.com/images/2019/12/03/5waclc.md.jpg

If I am correct, this vendor's ring setting is cheap. So if you manage to get this diamond together with their ring setting, your final price will be very good.

Problem is this stone is currently on virtual inventory. If not mistaken, I think some vendor already lock it down. But no harm to confirm with your vendor.

Yea I think I will go for this one. Thank you so much for your help Sifu 😁😁😁
kambingkoh
post Dec 4 2019, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(Archegonium1111 @ Dec 3 2019, 11:53 PM)
Yea I think I will go for this one. Thank you so much for your help Sifu 😁😁😁
No problem!
kahwai.andy P
post Dec 6 2019, 12:17 PM

Probation
0 posts

@KambingKoh , are you a GIA Gemologist ? Or how are you qualified to give advice on Diamonds and Gemstones ?

Us Gemologist have been reading your comment on how to look for the best diamond and we found it to be a total joke .

Please do not try to act like you know your stuff, and moreover now you are selling diamond on your FB page with little knowledge of Diamond.

Please leave the advice to an expert and stop telling user in the forum with advice you get from another website.

We Gemologist study hard for our certificate , and your advice really belittle our certificate and expertise.

mad.gif mad.gif
kambingkoh
post Dec 6 2019, 01:45 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(kahwai.andy @ Dec 6 2019, 12:17 PM)
@KambingKoh , are you a GIA Gemologist ? Or how are you qualified to give advice on Diamonds and Gemstones ?

Us Gemologist have been reading your comment on how to look for the best diamond and we found it to be a total joke .

Please do not try to act like you know your stuff, and moreover now you are selling diamond on your FB page with little knowledge of Diamond.

Please leave the advice to an expert and stop telling user in the forum with advice you get from another website.

We Gemologist study hard for our certificate , and your advice really belittle our certificate and expertise.

mad.gif  mad.gif
LOL. Chill man.

Firstly, you forgot one thing, this is a forum, and as far as I know, everyone has the right to say what they want.

Secondly, it is entirely okay to chip in your comments regarding what is your definition of best diamond. Why not? I am sure many others will benefit from it.

Thirdly, a lot of jewellers are not even GIA Graduate Gemologists, perhaps they should stop selling too? Hmm?

The only expert I saw here they really comment is from Shannon from The Gem Tribe. She is a GIA GG and I did recommend her before, in case you missed it. I also recommend people to visit ZCOVA, who has their own GIA Graduate Gemologist, Ziyin. So yes, I also recommend people to visit them as well.

And in case you missed it again, I do tell people one important thing, now and then - buy from some place that makes them feel comfortable. Doesn't matter where. I will also ask them do their due diligence before any purchase.

You see, no one belittle your expertise, if you feel that way, I can't help it. If you feel that you can contribute in one way or another, feel free to contribute. You may even promote where you think is the best place to buy diamonds, or how to choose the best diamonds. Makes sense?
kahwai.andy P
post Dec 6 2019, 04:02 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 6 2019, 01:45 PM)
LOL. Chill man.

Firstly, you forgot one thing, this is a forum, and as far as I know, everyone has the right to say what they want.

Secondly, it is entirely okay to chip in your comments regarding what is your definition of best diamond. Why not? I am sure many others will benefit from it.

Thirdly, a lot of jewellers are not even GIA Graduate Gemologists, perhaps they should stop selling too? Hmm?

The only expert I saw here they really comment is from Shannon from The Gem Tribe. She is a GIA GG and I did recommend her before, in case you missed it. I also recommend people to visit ZCOVA, who has their own GIA Graduate Gemologist, Ziyin. So yes, I also recommend people to visit them as well.

And in case you missed it again, I do tell people one important thing, now and then - buy from some place that makes them feel comfortable. Doesn't matter where. I will also ask them do their due diligence before any purchase.

You see, no one belittle your expertise, if you feel that way, I can't help it. If you feel that you can contribute in one way or another, feel free to contribute. You may even promote where you think is the best place to buy diamonds, or how to choose the best diamonds. Makes sense?
The problem is not about the right to say what you want, is about you giving the wrong advice . We need to be responsible with the opinion we give in the forum, acting as an expert is not going to help.

We know that you recommend other expert in the field, but you have to remember you also give advice on diamonds that is not true at all.

Customer know what they are getting into when they visit Jewellers that are not Gemologist. But you are in a disguise as if you are the expert, and you are not in this field at all. The jewellers in this field have much more experience compare to you.

Please do not deflect on the fact that you are acting as an expert to earn money.

What is your opinion if a "so call" doctor in Lowyat forum giving out health advice that is wrong ?

Leave it to the professionals.
kambingkoh
post Dec 6 2019, 04:52 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(kahwai.andy @ Dec 6 2019, 04:02 PM)
The problem is not about the right to say what you want, is about you giving the wrong advice . We need to be responsible with the opinion we give in the forum, acting as an expert is not going to help.

We know that you recommend other expert in the field, but you have to remember you also give advice on diamonds that is not true at all.

Customer know what they are getting into when they visit Jewellers that are not Gemologist. But you are in a disguise as if you are the expert, and you are not in this field at all. The jewellers in this field have much more experience compare to you. 

Please do not deflect on the fact that you are acting as an expert to earn money.

What is your opinion if a "so call" doctor in Lowyat forum giving out health advice that is wrong ?

Leave it to the professionals.
Well, I did highlight I am not a professional now and then. You kept highlight there is advice that is not correct, perhaps you can highlight it and inform the readers here instead of keep on repeating "advice not true at all". I think I can learn something from you/you all too.

FYI, those that asked me personally knows that I am not in this field at all. And those that asked me knows I am earning commission too. I think that is pretty clear cut throughout all my postings.

And yes, of course, jewellers in this field has much more experience, and of course, if you are a Graduate Gemologists, you are certainly more capable of advising too, so I am actually encouraging you to do it too. You see I am just sharing my experience and what I understand based on my experience, people should always take it with a pinch of salt and do their own due diligence.

If you are so upset, I recommend you to stick around here and give your comments and opinions, like what I did. I have met people that do prefer a Graduate Gemologist, so there is where you shine. Of course, there are some other people just do not like going into shops and survey and want a faster way out, and a lot of people wants the best value for their purchase, and some prefer a certain brand, so perhaps you can give them your suggestions too.

If you ask me what is my opinion if a so-called doctor is giving out health advice that is wrong. If I can confirm that is wrong, I can simply point out it is wrong. However, if a so-called doctor is giving out advice that is not sure right or wrong, then I can just confirm with a real doctor. As I said, I do recommend people to go to the "real doctor" (GIA GG) if that is really what they need.

You kept saying me "acting as an expert". So I have to make it clear that no, I am not an expert, never say I am, and in any case I have doubts when someone ask me something, I will always ask them to check with the particular jeweler they are engaging. Doesn't matter who they are.

And like you said, people know what they are getting into when they engage jewellers that are not gemologists, so it is exactly the same thing when people ask questions in a forum or even buy from me.

I am certainly impressed that you created an account today to just voice out how upset you are that I am acting as an expert and keep on repeating to leave this to the professionals... And I certainly hope that you can really provide some options for all dear readers here that who are the professionals that they can engage. Perhaps you can even recommend your good self.
kahwai.andy P
post Dec 6 2019, 05:11 PM

Probation
0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 6 2019, 04:52 PM)
Well, I did highlight I am not a professional now and then. You kept highlight there is advice that is not correct, perhaps you can highlight it and inform the readers here instead of keep on repeating "advice not true at all". I think I can learn something from you/you all too.

FYI, those that asked me personally knows that I am not in this field at all. And those that asked me knows I am earning commission too. I think that is pretty clear cut throughout all my postings.

And yes, of course, jewellers in this field has much more experience, and of course, if you are a Graduate Gemologists, you are certainly more capable of advising too, so I am actually encouraging you to do it too. You see I am just sharing my experience and what I understand  based on my experience, people should always take it with a pinch of salt and do their own due diligence.

If you are so upset, I recommend you to stick around here and give your comments and opinions, like what I did. I have met people that do prefer a Graduate Gemologist, so there is where you shine. Of course, there are some other people just do not like going into shops and survey and want a faster way out, and a lot of people wants the best value for their purchase, and some prefer a certain brand, so perhaps you can give them your suggestions too.

If you ask me what is my opinion if a so-called doctor is giving out health advice that is wrong. If I can confirm that is wrong, I can simply point out it is wrong. However, if a so-called doctor is giving out advice that is not sure right or wrong, then I can just confirm with a real doctor. As I said, I do recommend people to go to the "real doctor" (GIA GG) if that is really what they need.

You kept saying me "acting as an expert". So I have to make it clear that no, I am not an expert, never say I am, and in any case I have doubts when someone ask me something, I will always ask them to check with the particular jeweler they are engaging. Doesn't matter who they are.

And like you said, people know what they are getting into when they engage jewellers that are not gemologists, so it is exactly the same thing when people ask questions in a forum or even buy from me.

I am certainly impressed that you created an account today to just voice out how upset you are that I am acting as an expert and keep on repeating to leave this to the professionals... And I certainly hope that you can really provide some options for all dear readers here that who are the professionals that they can engage. Perhaps you can even recommend your good self.
We are a group of Gemologist that so happen to see your recommendation in this forum, and we find your advice really ridiculous especially on crown and pavilion angle pairing , depth performance and your obsession with ASET image. Even you showing your diamond with such an amateur lighting on your FB, even a crystal will look shiny.

AND on your FB this is what you write . "Loose Diamond Advice, Super Ideals"

Loose diamond advice ? Misguiding reader you are an expert ?

If you strongly believe what you said above - put that on your FB - say you are not a Gemologist and not an expert .

We created this account to inform reader to not trust such information from you. All advice you give on diamond is WRONG

We are not doing business here, we only want the truth to be out there.

Bye- THE END

kambingkoh
post Dec 6 2019, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(kahwai.andy @ Dec 6 2019, 05:11 PM)
We are a group of Gemologist that so happen to see your recommendation in this forum, and we find your advice really ridiculous especially on crown and pavilion angle pairing , depth performance and your obsession with ASET image. Even you showing your diamond with such an amateur lighting on your FB, even a crystal will look shiny.

If you strongly believe what you said above - put that on your FB - say you are not a Gemologist and not an expert .
Β 

We created this account to inform reader to not trust such information from you. All advice you give on diamond is WRONG

Bye- THE END
Well, that is certainly a good point. No problem, I will just adjust the sentence accordingly tonight or by tomorrow.

As for ASET, OK la, the AGS guys are more obsessed with it compared to me, but usually did not end up well with GIA peeps as far as I know. I am actually using it to explore the diamonds I have and see how it correlates with what I experienced in real life.

As for video - certainly agree. They will look better in videos, just like other diamond videos.

Lol. You sure all advice I given is wrong? OK. Then I hereby repeat myself again to my fellow forumers - please take my advices with a pinch of salt. Really, is the Internet, so make decision based on your own judgement on what to believe.

I certainly hope that you can chip in so that I can learn more. Yes, no pun intended. You see, i respect knowledgeable people, if you are really who you claim you are. I have asked you to recommend, but you say you are not here to do business, so that's too bad, I guess.

So, thanks for your time and suggestions, I hope you will find your future as a gemologist a fruitful one. So, bye for now.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Dec 6 2019, 05:37 PM
blackrobin
post Dec 8 2019, 11:51 AM

semi-hardcore mobile enthusiast!!
997 posts

Thanks @kambingkoh for your wonderful recommendations. I knew you were just a hobbyist but your input is just what I needed from a non-retail point of view.
I also understand how the retail business work and they have their own advantages. Ultimately it’s up to you, the end consumer to decide.

user posted image
I am so obsessed with the arrows. Haha

Setting is 6-prong head by MemoryJewellery with slight customisation from the original design. Free ads for them.

Happy diamond hunting guys!

kambingkoh
post Dec 8 2019, 12:42 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(blackrobin @ Dec 8 2019, 11:51 AM)
Thanks @kambingkoh for your wonderful recommendations. I knew you were just a hobbyist but your input is just what I needed from a non-retail point of view.
I also understand how the retail business work and they have their own advantages. Ultimately it’s up to you, the end consumer to decide.

user posted image
I am so obsessed with the arrows. Haha

Setting is 6-prong head by MemoryJewellery with slight customisation from the original design.  Free ads for them.

Happy diamond hunting guys!
No problem. Congratulations. thumbsup.gif
zeromaster P
post Yesterday, 12:24 AM

Probation
0 posts

Bye- THE END
cannot agree further on the things you said. finally someone professional stood up against him.

i thought i bought myself a very good quality diamond through reading his recommendations. but just to find out that i was wrong after talking to jewellers.

and it's quite obvious he is trying to earn money here. most of the time he is just recommending those places where he gets commissions. hope more ppl like you will stay on and give a more independent advices.

kambingkoh
post Yesterday, 12:51 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(zeromaster @ Dec 9 2019, 12:24 AM)
cannot agree further on the things you said. finally someone professional stood up against him.

i thought i bought myself a very good quality diamond through reading his recommendations. but just to find out that i was wrong after talking to jewellers.

and it's quite obvious he is trying to earn money here. most of the time he is just recommending those places where he gets commissions. hope more ppl like you will stay on and give a more independent advices.
Well, which stone did you buy?
adrianteo
post Yesterday, 06:50 AM

Getting Started
163 posts

Β 

Bye- THE END
QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Dec 9 2019, 12:51 AM)
Well, which stone did you buy?
Why do you even bother responding to these people?

First of all, abit of background here. I posted here once, to get recommendations and opinions on the stone I was looking at. In the end, I DID NOT go with this brother's recommendation because I prefer to deal with a shop instead of an online seller.

So basically, he is just giving his opinion in a forum where everyone is allowed to.

On the other hand, 2 new chaps just budged in as new accountholders, offer no suggestions or whatsoever to prove what they say about kambingkoh. All I see is just bashing and bashing without any facts or points to counter or even justify their basis.

If you say kambingkoh is bullshiting, provide some pointers la. At least he is giving opinion by justifying how he arrives at those opinions.

Also, for the dude who say he bought the stone based on recommendation here, give more information if you really think you have been misguided. I also want to see whether is there any truth in all these allegations.

Unless of course, these sudden appearance of new accountholders bashing others for no justifications are doing so for their own personal reasons, then it's a different matter.

Everything is out there on the Internet. You don't have to listen to 1 party. You can always verify with other parties. At this point, all these bashings are just so obvious to be targeted at this brother with no basis provided at all.

Quick hint: it looks stupid on you guys who only bash and talk without substance. Back it up with points and facts or even some basic information la.

This post has been edited by adrianteo: Yesterday, 06:52 AM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0403sec    3.18    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2019 - 03:08 PM