Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

228 Pages « < 127 128 129 130 131 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

Newbie123321
post Feb 20 2019, 01:08 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 19 2019, 04:58 PM)
I sent the wrong link!

Here is the correct stone: https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp

It is 0.328ct diamond not a 0.421ct!

hahaha.. nowonder, i thought got discount ... is okay, no worries bro.. and thanks for the link thumbsup.gif

TheGemTribe
post Feb 20 2019, 02:21 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(Newbie123321 @ Feb 19 2019, 02:17 AM)
Yes, i do appreciate everyone advice. And hopefully can get it done before mid of April. 
So the fastest way i can think of is thru this forum and get opinion from ppl who has the knowledge.

0.3~0.4ct should be fine, more wallet friendly  biggrin.gif
QUOTE(VinceLee @ Feb 19 2019, 03:18 PM)
What do you mean not hearts and arrows? I do see arrows in the images... 
a newbie trying to learn to buy a diamond
Dear gentlemen,

It is so heartwarming to see how everybody on here is looking for the best gem for their partners!
As a practicing GIA Gemologist who has been in the industry for the past 5 years, allow me to share some important true facts about diamonds.

Kindly refer to the picture link below I have attached of the Cut-Grade Limits set by GIA, from my GIA Diamond Grading Lab Manual.
As GIA is the institution that is known for setting the international Diamond Grading standards recognized by the entire world, it is important to not get carried away by mere figures and percentages without understanding the logic behind them. There is a reason why GIA created the 4 C's.

Reading through this thread, what I noticed is that everyone is so focused on just CUT.
Yes, cut is extremely important, but does that guarantee that you will be getting the most ideal diamond?
In my professional opinion, the answer is no. There should be a fair balance between all the 4C's.

Nonetheless, since everyone is on the topic about cut and ideal diamond proportions, let me share with you how GIA actually determines cut grades for diamonds.

According to GIA's guidelines for grading, having limits means having ranges. It is by understanding what combos of proportions in table percentages, crown angles and pavilion angles is how you can estimate best what the ideal proportions of a diamond is.

In layman's terms, basically, how does a diamond get a TRIPLE EXCELLENT grade?

First EXCELLENT comes from judging the PROPORTIONS of the diamond - table percentages, crown angles and pavilion angles.

Second EXCELLENT comes from judging the SYMMETRY - how balanced are all the facets arranged as a whole.

Third EXCELLENT comes from judging POLISH - how well the diamond's finishing is after polishing.

PURPOSE : To evaluate how successfully the diamond interacts with light in returning brightness and fire to the eyes.

There must be a good balance between these 3 things in order to get an ideal cut grade.
If you would like to understand better and know what the combos are, feel free to PM me directly, I am always happy to share. : )

Also, as we are running a full time jewelry services business, we have to attend to customers and design works, so we may not be as active on here as we'd like to be. If you are keen about getting a custom piece of jewelry made, do contact us directly. Our links are below. biggrin.gif

ps* how do i upload a photo preview here instead of a link?? pictr can't seem to let me do that. rclxub.gif

<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/02/20/0FhNzn.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/02/20/0FhNzn.md.jpg </a>

This post has been edited by TheGemTribe: Feb 20 2019, 02:26 AM
kambingkoh
post Feb 20 2019, 06:44 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(TheGemTribe @ Feb 20 2019, 02:21 AM)
Dear gentlemen,

It is so heartwarming to see how everybody on here is looking for the best gem for their partners!
As a practicing GIA Gemologist who has been in the industry for the past 5 years, allow me to share some important true facts about diamonds.

Kindly refer to the picture link below I have attached of the Cut-Grade Limits set by GIA, from my GIA Diamond Grading Lab Manual.
As GIA is the institution that is known for setting the international Diamond Grading standards recognized by the entire world, it is important to not get carried away by mere figures and percentages without understanding the logic behind them. There is a reason why GIA created the 4 C's.

Reading through this thread, what I noticed is that everyone is so focused on just CUT.
Yes, cut is extremely important, but does that guarantee that you will be getting the most ideal diamond?
In my professional opinion, the answer is no. There should be a fair balance between all the 4C's.

Nonetheless, since everyone is on the topic about cut and ideal diamond proportions, let me share with you how GIA actually determines cut grades for diamonds.

According to GIA's guidelines for grading, having limits means having ranges. It is by understanding what combos of proportions in table percentages, crown angles and pavilion angles is how you can estimate best what the ideal proportions of a diamond is.

In layman's terms, basically, how does a diamond get a TRIPLE EXCELLENT grade?

First EXCELLENT comes from judging the PROPORTIONS of the diamond -  table percentages, crown angles and pavilion angles.

Second EXCELLENT comes from judging the SYMMETRY - how balanced are all the facets arranged as a whole.

Third EXCELLENT comes from judging POLISH - how well the diamond's finishing is after polishing.

PURPOSE : To evaluate how successfully the diamond interacts with light in returning brightness and fire to the eyes.

There must be a good balance between these 3 things in order to get an ideal cut grade.
If you would like to understand better and know what the combos are, feel free to PM me directly, I am always happy to share. : ) 

Also, as we are running a full time jewelry services business, we have to attend to customers and design works, so we may not be as active on here as we'd like to be. If you are keen about getting a custom piece of jewelry made, do contact us directly. Our links are below. biggrin.gif

ps* how do i upload a photo preview here instead of a link?? pictr can't seem to let me do that. rclxub.gif

<a href='https://pictr.com/images/2019/02/20/0FhNzn.md.jpg' target='_blank'>https://pictr.com/images/2019/02/20/0FhNzn.md.jpg </a>
Hey. Thanks for sharing! smile.gif I am also curious what are the combos like., mind sharing?

As for how to upload image, the html generated should be like this :

user posted image

Let me try to put the image you upload earlier
user posted image

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 20 2019, 09:56 AM
chrischiang
post Feb 20 2019, 09:22 AM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 19 2019, 04:03 PM)
Check the arrows on the habib diamond. See if they are well aligned enough. The proportions are geared towards brightness more the shallower crown, the crown height, the wide table. It may lack some fire but do view the diamond and see if it is any good. View it outside the shop as well. Use your torch on your phone to light it up and see.

As for TJ, the diamond looks pretty good,  but with some possibility of light leakage at the 6 o'clock region. I am not surprised because it has a deep total diamond depth.

user posted image

But for the fire it can bring, I am tempted to buy the TJ piece. Most important, I know how it looks like.
Thanks again kambingkoh bro.. i think i'll go with TJ...top up abit to get rid of "oh this diamond is not that prefect si1" feeling..

Do you mind to share more on the light leakage at 6 o'clock? how to notice that and does it affect much? Should i consult TJ to look for another diamond?
kambingkoh
post Feb 20 2019, 09:34 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Newbie123321 @ Feb 20 2019, 01:05 AM)
Hi KambingKoh bro,

i went to meet Tailored Jewel sales person just now, overall very good experience.. Was highlight to him that the based on the number, 0.3ct was a better choice like what u told me. He was amazed by that, cause rarely got ppl will look at that number (pav angle, table... etc) Trying to make him think like i know my stuff.. don play play brows.gif  Thanks to Kambing Koh sifu notworthy.gif

But then he told me that these two are Heart and Arrow type of diamond because of the cutting method. So i was confused is this heart and arrow diamond?

Anyway, he will try to find me another 0.4ct diamond which is close to the spec of 0.3ct ones. Will post here for sifus opinions.

Thank you icon_rolleyes.gif
The guy? I am guessing he is Ethon? Lol. If yes, he is the boss.

But again, although I make the call by the number, but 36 crown pair with 40.6 pavilion might work, just that it is a it borderline call. So the other diamond is a safer choice.

And for by look, there are 2 arrows that do not reflect well for the 0.4ct... Here comes the But... But this kind of videos usually can happen even for a well-cut diamond.

So you can really say I mainly reject this diamond based on numbers. I do have something I like about the 0.4ct: the arrows are bolder and not as thin as the 0.3ct, and the arrows ade more well-aligned as well.

Hearts and Arrows are a phenomenon that can be found in round brilliant diamond. It is something the cutter should achieve if it is well-cut enough. Here, take a look:

user posted image

user posted image

So yea, there are hearts their are arrows. But what do you think?

And what do you think of these 2:

user posted image
[CODE]
Which one you more willing to buy? Given the fact that the left diamond is cheaper.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 20 2019, 10:21 AM
kambingkoh
post Feb 20 2019, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(chrischiang @ Feb 20 2019, 09:22 AM)
Thanks again kambingkoh bro.. i think i'll go with TJ...top up abit to get rid of "oh this diamond is not that prefect si1" feeling..

Do you mind to share more on the light leakage at 6 o'clock? how to notice that and does it affect much? Should i consult TJ to look for another diamond?
You see the brownish brownish colour I circled... There could be some light leakage. Of course, videos like this can't be a 100% guarantee. An Idealscope can tell better. Nonetheless, based on the proportions, I would say yes, there is some leakage.

Will I ask for more options? Personally, yes. 62.7% is really too deep to my liking.
Newbie123321
post Feb 20 2019, 11:45 AM

3 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 20 2019, 09:34 AM)
The guy? I am guessing he is Ethon? Lol. If yes, he is the boss.

But again, although I make the call by the number, but 36 crown pair with 40.6 pavilion might work, just that it is a it borderline call. So the other diamond is a safer choice.

And for by look, there are 2 arrows that do not reflect well for the 0.4ct... Here comes the But... But this kind of videos usually can happen even for a well-cut diamond.

So you can really say I mainly reject this diamond based on numbers. I do have something I like about the 0.4ct: the arrows are bolder and not as thin as the 0.3ct, and the arrows ade more well-aligned as well.

Hearts and Arrows are a phenomenon that can be found in round brilliant diamond. It is something the cutter should achieve if it is well-cut enough. Here, take a look:

user posted image

user posted image

So yea, there are hearts their are arrows. But what do you think?

And what do you think of these 2:

user posted image
[CODE]
Which one you more willing to  buy? Given the fact that the left diamond is cheaper.
Oppss... I din know that he is the boss doh.gif Or KambingKoh bro is Ethon hmm.gif ??!! hahahhaa...

Ethon is very patience in explain everything in details and clear any doubts in your mind, just like KambingKoh sifu thumbup.gif thumbup.gif And he is very honest about he do need some profits to keep his business running but rest assured the diamond & services he provided are definitely worth what we paying for.

Here's the new diamond he found for me, got free upgrade in colour! rclxm9.gif

user posted image

GIA 6282676007
Video ref - https://segoma.com/v.aspx?type=iframe&id=QNK7WY97N7

What do you think about this diamond compared to the previous one?

As for your question, i not sure whether i get it correctly.

user posted image

user posted image

I will choose the first one for this

user posted image

The right one, because the arrow is more well aligned.

This post has been edited by Newbie123321: Feb 20 2019, 11:54 AM
kambingkoh
post Feb 20 2019, 01:23 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Newbie123321 @ Feb 20 2019, 11:45 AM)
Oppss... I din know that he is the boss doh.gif  Or KambingKoh bro is Ethon hmm.gif ??!! hahahhaa... 

Ethon is very patience in explain everything in details and clear any doubts in your mind, just like KambingKoh sifu thumbup.gif  thumbup.gif  And he is very honest about he do need some profits to keep his business running but rest assured the diamond & services he provided are definitely worth what we paying for.

Here's the new diamond he found for me, got free upgrade in colour! rclxm9.gif
user posted image

GIA 6282676007
Video ref - https://segoma.com/v.aspx?type=iframe&id=QNK7WY97N7

What do you think about this diamond compared to the previous one?
As for your question, i not sure whether i get it correctly.

user posted image

user posted image

I will choose the first one for this

user posted image

The right one, because the arrow is more well aligned.
Now this is interesting. This diamond is definitely has a better look than the previous diamond and the pairing between the crown angle which is shallow with the steep pavilion angle makes some sense, but theoretically may suffer some lack of fire as the crown angle is very shallow. It should be a bright diamond but not fiery enough.

Personally, i will take the F VVS2.

As for your answers, the first 2 images I won't take neither one. The first image 9 o'clock heart is relatively smaller than the others, while the 2nd image has a crooked tip for most of the hearts.

The last answer is certainly correct.. Just that what you are seeing are the Hearts. Not the arrows. wink.gif

It takes time and skill to polish the diamond to such precision. Also, the more they polish, the more diamond waste occur, so naturally, true hearts and arrows diamonds are more expensive. At least that's how all those super ideal vendors justify it and it actually makes sense to me.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 20 2019, 01:27 PM
chrischiang
post Feb 21 2019, 09:32 AM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 20 2019, 09:41 AM)
You see the brownish brownish colour I circled... There could be some light leakage. Of course, videos like this can't be a 100% guarantee. An Idealscope can tell better. Nonetheless, based on the proportions, I would say yes, there is some leakage.

Will I ask for more options? Personally, yes. 62.7% is really too deep to my liking.
Hi KambingKoh, i consult ethon again for sourcing another diamond.. He came back with this diamond.. GIA- 2316424217.. What's ur comment on this diamond? Will this be better choice compare to the previous one? Thanks!

snoopytan86
post Feb 21 2019, 09:57 AM

0 posts

Hi All,

I'm new member here. I have zero knowledge on the diamond as well. biggrin.gif
May I know for those jewelry shop at shopping mall like (Tomei, Poh Kong, Love & Co, Diamond&Platinum, SK, Wah Chain..etc), The price of the diamond ring is it overpriced?
That day i went to do survey the proposal ring at Diamond&Platinum shop, 0.3cr (i only know this, biggrin.gif) cost around 6k rclxub.gif Not sure this brand is reputable?

thanks.
babepiggy
post Feb 21 2019, 10:28 AM

33 posts

Hi Sifus
I'm wondering how you guys able to take a close picture of a diamond using a phone camera?
kambingkoh
post Feb 21 2019, 10:38 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(snoopytan86 @ Feb 21 2019, 09:57 AM)
Hi All,

May I know for those jewelry shop at shopping mall like (Tomei, Poh Kong, Love & Co, Diamond&Platinum, SK, Wah Chain..etc), The price of the diamond ring is it overpriced?
That day i went to do survey the proposal ring at Diamond&Platinum shop, 0.3cr (i only know this, biggrin.gif) cost around 6k  rclxub.gif Not sure this brand is reputable?

thanks.
Are you seeing a standard GIA3Ex or their Estrella collection? Their Estrella collection is being sold as Hearts & Arrows diamond and they command a higher premium. They are mostly graded by IGI. FYI, Diamond & Platinum is pretty reputable as far as I am concerned and they are under DeGem group so they are a pretty solid company.

You can settle with a 0.3ct range WhiteFlash Collection Series (affiliate link) diamond + Memory Jewellery Engagement Rings with the total price of less than RM 5.5k if you transfer via MoneyMatch.

user posted image

And WhiteFlash price is not the cheapest. Just that they provide proof of the light return (IdealScope), as well as the ASET (a more detail version of the light activity), along with the Hearts image to show how precise is the cut. Their proportion range is generally right in the middle of AGS000 or GIA3EX, making them a well-balanced diamond. If you ask me, their price will be more tempting compare to what you can get from brick-and-mortar stores that sell diamonds under a particular branding, such as Forevermark. WhiteFlash A-Cut-Above are graded by AGS mostly.

Note: Those trying to sell you GIA diamonds may condemn other labs like AGS or IGI. To me, I honestly can't be bothered about it as a lot of jewellers in the states that are specialized in ideal cut diamonds are using AGS, not because they are more lenient, but they are using technology such as ASET and stuff. This is a plus point for AGS. AGS can also give you a clearer representation of the exact crown angle, pavilion angle, etc, while GIA rounds up the figure. The one difference I know is that AGS takes in GIA faint fluorescence as negligible. This is undeniably a minus point but usually faint fluorescence won't bring negative impact. There is also some case where the Polish of AGS is softer than GIA, but there is not a big enough pool of diamonds to finalize on that case. As for GIA, there are cases where the clarity is graded higher than what AGS has to offer, but again, there is not a big enough pool of diamonds to finalize on that case. Nonetheless, GIA is still the world top lab in terms of diamond grading so they are also highly recommended. For simplicity sake, I will just view both labs the same.

I would also recommend you to check out the promotions run by ZCOVA (affilate link) as well as Tailored Jewel. They package a price for you and it is easier for you to do budgeting. You may also refer to Memory Jewellery for other options. There is a new jeweller called The Gem Tribe, not sure how good, but they seem to offer some attractive price as well.

In any case if you still prefer chain-stores due to certain reasons, then you can check out Wah Chan's Solitaire Club. They seem to be able to offer some good stones with reasonable proportions. Price wise, higher than standard 3EX. Or you can simply visit Wisma Wah Chan for other options.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 21 2019, 10:57 AM
kambingkoh
post Feb 21 2019, 10:44 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(babepiggy @ Feb 21 2019, 10:28 AM)
Hi Sifus
I'm wondering how you guys able to take a close picture of a diamond using a phone camera?
I think depends on phone camera setting i guess. A professional camera may be better. Some camera lenses can also zoom in to read the inscription on the diamond girdle.

Just to show off abit - I use Pocophone F1 to take this Hearts image via a Hearts and Arrows scope, and this is a standard 0.2ct E VS2 GIA3EX diamond that I filtered out for my own experiment tongue.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 21 2019, 10:57 AM
kambingkoh
post Feb 21 2019, 10:55 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(chrischiang @ Feb 21 2019, 09:32 AM)
Hi KambingKoh, i consult ethon again for sourcing another diamond.. He came back with this diamond.. GIA- 2316424217.. What's ur comment on this diamond? Will this be better choice compare to the previous one? Thanks!
This one?

user posted image

Same price? I would take this if you ask me. Despite the 58% table, but I am fine with it as it is paired with a shallower total diamond depth. The 0.2ct E VS2 I bought looks lovely as well and it has a 59% table width. I haven't have the time to see it more frequent yet but I find that the differences seem acceptable. Nonetheless, I will go with this one. Seems to strike a good balance between the 4Cs and the price, assuming is the same.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 21 2019, 11:02 AM
chrischiang
post Feb 21 2019, 11:20 AM

Regular
1,069 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 21 2019, 10:55 AM)
This one?

user posted image

Same price? I would take this if you ask me. Despite the 58% table, but I am fine with it as it is paired with a shallower total diamond depth. The 0.2ct E VS2 I bought looks lovely as well and it has a 59% table width. I haven't have the time to see it more frequent yet but I find that the differences seem acceptable. Nonetheless, I will go with this one. Seems to strike a good balance between the 4Cs and the price, assuming is the same.
Yes the price are still the same.. This is the diamond he shared to me.. He is friendly and helpful.. Called and answered all my doubt.. If nothing goes wrong, i shall be proceed with taijoredjewel..

For the JamesAllen diamond, is this for reference? The price TJ offered not too far compared to JamesAllen's price

Attached Image

This post has been edited by chrischiang: Feb 21 2019, 11:24 AM
kambingkoh
post Feb 21 2019, 11:25 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(chrischiang @ Feb 21 2019, 11:20 AM)
Yes the price are still the same.. This is the diamond he shared to me.. He is friendly and helpful.. Called and answered all my doubt.. If nothing goes wrong, i shall be proceed with taijoredjewel..

For the JamesAllen diamond, is this for reference? The price TJ offered not too far compared to JamesAllen's price
Yup for reference. Even if the price is slightly higher, you get good service from him. And if the price is lower, is a bonus for you. I find it hard to doubt Ethon's helpfulness in anyway. smile.gif

Anwyay, you can't get anything from James Allen as they don't ship to Malaysia.
TheGemTribe
post Feb 21 2019, 02:30 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(snoopytan86 @ Feb 21 2019, 09:57 AM)
Hi All,

That day i went to do survey the proposal ring at Diamond&Platinum shop, 0.3cr (i only know this, biggrin.gif) cost around 6k  rclxub.gif Not sure this brand is reputable?

thanks.
Hi Snoopy! Welcome! : )
To answer your question, yes. Big retailers like Tomei, Poh Kong etc have to charge their severely marked up prices because they are big corporations having to feed hundreds of people in their company. So it does make sense that they need to mark up more in order to be able to cover their rental and operating costs. At the same time, that means that the customers are at a disadvantage of paying higher prices.

Personally, I was the GIA staff Gemologist who did Gemstone, Diamond quality grading as well as Costing for one of those big companies. Generally speaking, you can expect their prices to be 30-50% more expensive than what smaller, more personalized companies are offering.

If you are looking at a 0.30ct GIA certified with 3EX cut, with decent VS clarity and E-F colourless grade, it is normal to find them priced at 6k and above.
The 6k one you saw probably has much lower quality grades than what I mentioned above, with a very basic white gold setting right?

For a client that I am currently working with, I have specially sourced him a 0.30ct GIA certified 3EX cut, F Color, VS2 clarity diamond. Plus a gorgeous 18Kt White Gold mounting (attached in picture) that his girlfriend loves, it only costs Rm4,800 in total.

If you or anyone else here is interested in understanding how to buy a diamond better, you are welcome to PM me for a free consultation and I am happy to advise you from there. : )
My company's links are below. : ] Attached Image
snoopytan86
post Feb 22 2019, 09:25 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 21 2019, 10:38 AM)

Are you seeing a standard GIA3Ex or their Estrella collection? Their Estrella collection is being sold as Hearts & Arrows diamond and they command a higher premium. They are mostly graded by IGI. FYI, Diamond & Platinum is pretty reputable as far as I am concerned and they are under DeGem group so they are a pretty solid company.

You can settle with a 0.3ct range WhiteFlash Collection Series (affiliate link) diamond + Memory Jewellery Engagement Rings with the total price of less than RM 5.5k if you transfer via MoneyMatch.

https://pictr.com/images/2019/02/21/0FfxV6.png

And WhiteFlash price is not the cheapest. Just that they provide proof of the light return (IdealScope), as well as the ASET (a more detail version of the light activity), along with the Hearts image to show how precise is the cut. Their proportion range is generally right in the middle of AGS000 or GIA3EX, making them a well-balanced diamond. If you ask me, their price will be more tempting compare to what you can get from brick-and-mortar stores that sell diamonds under a particular branding, such as Forevermark. WhiteFlash A-Cut-Above are graded by AGS mostly.

Note: Those trying to sell you GIA diamonds may condemn other labs like AGS or IGI. To me, I honestly can't be bothered about it as a lot of jewellers in the states that are specialized in ideal cut diamonds are using AGS, not because they are more lenient, but they are using technology such as ASET and stuff. This is a plus point for AGS. AGS can also give you a clearer representation of the exact crown angle, pavilion angle, etc, while GIA rounds up the figure. The one difference I know is that AGS takes in GIA faint fluorescence as negligible. This is undeniably a minus point but usually faint fluorescence won't bring negative impact. There is also some case where the Polish of AGS is softer than GIA, but there is not a big enough pool of diamonds to finalize on that case. As for GIA, there are cases where the clarity is graded higher than what AGS has to offer, but again, there is not a big enough pool of diamonds to finalize on that case. Nonetheless, GIA is still the world top lab in terms of diamond grading so they are also highly recommended. For simplicity sake, I will just view both labs the same.

I would also recommend you to check out the promotions run by ZCOVA (affilate link) as well as Tailored Jewel. They package a price for you and it is easier for you to do budgeting. You may also refer to Memory Jewellery for other options. There is a new jeweller called The Gem Tribe, not sure how good, but they seem to offer some attractive price as well.

In any case if you still prefer chain-stores due to certain reasons, then you can check out Wah Chan's Solitaire Club. They seem to be able to offer some good stones with reasonable proportions. Price wise, higher than standard 3EX. Or you can simply visit Wisma Wah Chan for other options.

Hi,
Thanks for your detail explanation. I actually don't know what is the collection i have seen that day. Haha. Fainted when heard the price already. I will do more research & survey & will come back here again. smile.gif
snoopytan86
post Feb 22 2019, 09:29 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(TheGemTribe @ Feb 21 2019, 02:30 PM)
Hi Snoopy! Welcome! : )
To answer your question, yes. Big retailers like Tomei, Poh Kong etc have to charge their severely marked up prices because they are big corporations having to feed hundreds of people in their company. So it does make sense that they need to mark up more in order to be able to cover their rental and operating costs. At the same time, that means that the customers are at a disadvantage of paying higher prices.

Personally, I was the GIA staff Gemologist who did Gemstone, Diamond quality grading as well as Costing for one of those big companies. Generally speaking, you can expect their prices to be 30-50% more expensive than what smaller, more personalized companies are offering.

If you are looking at a 0.30ct GIA certified with 3EX cut, with decent VS clarity and E-F colourless grade, it is normal to find them priced at 6k and above.
The 6k one you saw probably has much lower quality grades than what I mentioned above, with a very basic white gold setting right?

For a client that I am currently working with, I have specially sourced him a 0.30ct GIA certified 3EX cut, F Color, VS2 clarity diamond. Plus a gorgeous 18Kt White Gold mounting (attached in picture) that his girlfriend loves, it only costs Rm4,800 in total.     

If you or anyone else here is interested in understanding how to buy a diamond better, you are welcome to PM me for a free consultation and I am happy to advise you from there. : )
My company's links are below. : ] Attached Image
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I will PM you if i need more info. THanks alot. biggrin.gif
kambingkoh
post Feb 22 2019, 10:20 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(snoopytan86 @ Feb 22 2019, 09:25 AM)
Hi,
Thanks for your detail explanation.  I actually don't know what is the collection i have seen that day. Haha. Fainted when heard the price already. I will do more research & survey & will come back here again. smile.gif
No problem. Would recommend you to set a budget to ease your filtering process. wink.gif

228 Pages « < 127 128 129 130 131 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0183sec    0.07    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:43 AM