Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

228 Pages « < 121 122 123 124 125 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

kambingkoh
post Jan 7 2019, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(kissamberlin @ Jan 7 2019, 02:12 PM)
Thanks sifuu!
No problem. Good luck!
Smurfs
post Jan 10 2019, 04:15 PM

Regular
1,042 posts

What tools is required to read the cert number / report number of the diamond that is inscribed on the girdle ?

kambingkoh
post Jan 10 2019, 05:32 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Smurfs @ Jan 10 2019, 04:15 PM)
What tools is required to read the cert number / report number of the diamond that is inscribed on the girdle ?
Inscription reader like this will do fine:
https://www.stuller.com/products/26-2601/?groupId=122828.

This is even better:
http://www.sunlin-group.com/digital-girdle...cription-viewer

If you are buying loose stone, before setting it, let your jeweller to view the inscription for you.
Blind(s)man
post Jan 13 2019, 11:43 PM

On my way
545 posts

Hi Kambing,
I found this diamond from your affiliates link via Zcova. Saw it's on quite a decent price at 4.25k. I was wondering what's your thoughts in this diamond? smile.gif
https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=5306309752
kambingkoh
post Jan 14 2019, 12:14 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Blind(s)man @ Jan 13 2019, 11:43 PM)
Hi Kambing,
I found this diamond from your affiliates link via Zcova. Saw it's on quite a decent price at 4.25k. I  was wondering what's your thoughts in this diamond? smile.gif
https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=5306309752
user posted image
Persoanally, I would say this diamond will look pretty bright, as its proportions favor brightness more than fire. The table is wider and the crown angle is shallower. To gain better fire, I would stick to a diamond with table at 56% or below, crown height at 15% and above, crown angle at at 34.3 degree, lower girdle at 75% - 77%. But the proportions are still within a very good range of numbers so I have no complains there. The arrows look pretty okay in terms of size, it should return some good sparks, but the sparks from fatter arrows will be bolder and more vivid. This can be trace back to its lower girdle percentage of 80%. If possible, I would prefer to stick to lower girdle percentage of 75% (as far as GIA cert is concerned as they round up the figures). Nonetheless, the arrows here look like 78% to me, so it is pretty okay too.

However, there are some light obstruction around the center (circled in red).
user posted image
It is nothing too over, but it tells us that this diamond's cut won't be as precise as a super ideal diamond.

The arrows look blurred out in the upper region and it may tell us that there is some lack in optical precision, which means, again, the cut is not as precise as a super ideal diamond. BUT, this kind of photography sometimes is hard to truly show the exact cut quality of the diamond itself. Personally, I think this is because the photo is captured at a certain angle, and this angle may cause the arrows to look blurred off. In fact, I may even say so for the light obstruction I highlighted earlier, but due to amount of light obstruction appears around the center, I am quite confident to say there is really light obstruction and the cut is really not as good as a super ideal diamond.

The price you provided should include a ring setting. ZCOVA promotion is actually not too bad if you are looking for a high quality but budget-friendly option. BUT, if the price is just for the diamond alone, then you have better options out there in the market, for example:
0.361ct F VVS2 WhiteFlash ACA Collection Series Diamond
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link). This diamond is cut to high optical precision, which is proven by the Hearts image provided. Light return is excellent and there are not obvious light obstruction. Proportions are engineered to show some excellent fire - I would sometimes double confirm this with the actual video attached.

Price? RM 4311.70 using MoneyMatch. Add on my referral code of REF_ACOO, you can get RM 50 off first time and your price is RM 4261.70. You still need to pay RM 8 transaction fee and you final price will be RM 4269.70. So assuming both GIA and AGS has the same standard, you loose one grade in colour but gain 2 grades in clarity. You also gain more quite some carat weight as well. So it is well worth it. But remember, we are only comparing this if the price you provided earlier is for diamond alone.

Note: Both GIA and AGS lab has strict standards and usually a lot of people will just view them as compatible as each other in terms of grading. However, do expect an occasional one-grade difference between both labs. For example, a GIA F can be AGS G colour, or an AGS F colour can be a GIA G colour. Things like that are common as diamond grading is based on human eyes and even if you resend a stone to the same lab, there is a possibility the result can be slightly different each time. One thing AGS seems to be more lenient will be Fluorescence and Polish, whereby faint fluorescence will be considered as negligible in AGS point of view, and Very Good Polish can be Ideal Polish in AGS. But as far as light performance technology is concerned, AGS is ahead of AGS, and that is the biggest winning factor for me. Diamonds are after-all, about performance.

In your case, my advice is to engage ZCOVA to check with them what stones they can offer you for a 0.3ct E VS2. They have a bigger inventory that what they listed online, but due to certain limitations, they can't show it all. If you don't mind to go looking yourself, I would suggest you to go to BlueNile and search for some stones. Don't bother looking for ASTOR collection because those are exclusive to BlueNile, but for others, ZCOVA may be able to source for you.

For search criteria, you can limit the diamond depth to a max of 62% (This is the WhiteFlash ACA specs), and table width max at 56%. Look for diamond with 34.5 degree crown angle and 40.8 degree pavilion angle first. If nothing gets your attention, then you can make the diamond depth to go slightly deeper, maybe until 62.3%. Also, you can consider diamond with 35 degree crown angle and 40.6 pavilion angle as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Jan 14 2019, 07:22 PM
Blind(s)man
post Jan 14 2019, 12:42 PM

On my way
545 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jan 14 2019, 12:14 PM)
user posted image
Persoanally, I would say this diamond will look pretty bright, as its proportions favor brightness more than fire. The table is wider and the crown angle is shallower. To gain better fire, I would stick to a diamond with table at 56% or below, crown height at 15% and above, crown angle at at 34.3 degree, lower girdle at 75% - 77%. But the proportions are still within a very good range of numbers so I have no complains there. The arrows look pretty okay in terms of size, it should return some good sparks, but the sparks from fatter arrows will be bolder and more vivid. This can be trace back to its lower girdle percentage of 80%. If possible, I would prefer to stick to lower girdle percentage of 75% (as far as GIA cert is concerned as they round up the figures). Nonetheless, the arrows here look like 78% to me, so it is pretty okay too.

However, there are some light obstruction around the center (circled in red).
user posted image
It is nothing too over,  but it tells us that this diamond's cut won't be as precise as a super ideal diamond.

The arrows look blurred out in the upper region and it may tell us that there is some lack in optical precision, which means, again, the cut is not as precise as a super ideal diamond. BUT, this kind of photography sometimes is hard to truly show the exact cut quality of the diamond itself. Personally, I think this is because the photo is captured at a certain angle, and this angle may cause the arrows to look blurred off. In fact, I may even say so for the light obstruction I highlighted earlier, but due to amount of light obstruction appears around the center, I am quite confident to say there is really light obstruction and the cut is really not as good as a super ideal diamond.

The price you provided should include a ring setting. ZCOVA promotion is actually not too bad if you are looking for a high quality but budget-friendly option. BUT, if the price is just for the diamond alone, then you have better options out there in the market, for example:
0.361ct F VVS2 WhiteFlash ACA Collection Series Diamond
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link). This diamond is cut to high optical precision, which is proven by the Hearts image provided. Light return is excellent and there are not obvious light obstruction. Proportions are engineered to show some excellent fire - I would sometimes double confirm this with the actual video attached.

Price? RM 4311.70 using MoneyMatch. Add on my referral code of REC_ACOO, you can get RM 50 off first time and your price is RM 4261.70. You still need to pay RM 8 transaction fee and you final price will be RM 4269.70. So assuming both GIA and AGS has the same standard, you loose one grade in colour but gain 2 grades in clarity. You also gain more quite some carat weight as well. So it is well worth it. But remember, we are only comparing this if the price you provided earlier is for diamond alone.

Note: Both GIA and AGS lab has strict standards and usually a lot of people will just view them as compatible as each other in terms of grading. However, do expect an occasional one-grade difference between both labs. For example, a GIA F can be AGS G colour, or an AGS F colour can be a GIA G colour. Things like that are common as diamond grading is based on human eyes and even if you resend a stone to the same lab, there is a possibility the result can be slightly different each time. One thing AGS seems to be more lenient will be Fluorescence and Polish, whereby faint fluorescence will be considered as negligible in AGS point of view, and Very Good Polish can be Ideal Polish in AGS. But as far as light performance technology is concerned, AGS is ahead of AGS, and that is the biggest winning factor for me. Diamonds are after-all, about performance.

In your case, my advice is to engage ZCOVA to check with them what stones they can offer you for a 0.3ct E VS2. They have a bigger inventory that what they listed online, but due to certain limitations, they can't show it all. If you don't mind to go looking yourself, I would suggest you to go to BlueNile and search for some stones. Don't bother looking for ASTOR collection because those are exclusive to BlueNile, but for others, ZCOVA may be able to source for you.

For search criteria, you can limit the diamond depth to a max of 62% (This is the WhiteFlash ACA specs), and table width max at 56%. Look for diamond with 34.5 degree crown angle and 40.8 degree pavilion angle first. If nothing gets your attention, then you can make the diamond depth to go slightly deeper, maybe until 62.3%. Also, you can consider diamond with 35 degree crown angle and 40.6 pavilion angle as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Hi Kambing,
Thanks for your super detailed explanation and education on the stone here. I dont think anyone would be able to give such a detailed and thorought advise on this forum. I took your advise and screen through the search criteria and come to this diamond. smile.gif I'm capping my budget total around 4K for a 0.3ct E/F vs2 diamond with ring setting.

Im more than happy to explore other diamond/ stores if you happen to come across such diamond. hehe. .

kambingkoh
post Jan 14 2019, 12:50 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Blind(s)man @ Jan 14 2019, 12:42 PM)
Hi Kambing,
Thanks for your super detailed explanation and education on the stone  here. I dont think anyone would be able to give such a detailed and thorought advise on this forum.  I took your advise and screen through the search criteria and come to this diamond. smile.gif I'm capping my budget total around 4K for a 0.3ct E/F  vs2  diamond with ring setting.

Im more than happy to explore other diamond/ stores if you happen to come across such diamond.  hehe. .
No problem. You can also considered Tailored Jewel:
https://www.tailoredjewel.com/tjs-picks/diamond-rings/

RM 3850 , 0.3ct F VVS2. Maybe will come with faint fluorescence though, but nothing I would be concerned about since I mentioned that AGS takes faint fluorescence as negligible. Using 14k white gold though, instead of 18k. But then, doesn't really bother me.

Nonetheless, it is a good price.

Better still, 14-days money-back guarantee. They will honor it. If you don't like. Just return it. T&C do check with them.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Jan 14 2019, 12:51 PM
Smurfs
post Jan 15 2019, 08:58 AM

Regular
1,042 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jan 10 2019, 05:32 PM)
Inscription reader like this will do fine:
https://www.stuller.com/products/26-2601/?groupId=122828.

This is even better:
http://www.sunlin-group.com/digital-girdle...cription-viewer

If you are buying loose stone, before setting it, let your jeweller to view the inscription for you.
Well noted ! Thanks !

Yeah i got loose stone and probably will do setting at Memory jewellery or ido jewellery. Just trying to figure out how to make sure it is my stone after the setting done biggrin.gif
kambingkoh
post Jan 15 2019, 10:53 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Smurfs @ Jan 15 2019, 08:58 AM)
Well noted ! Thanks !

Yeah i got loose stone and probably will do setting at Memory jewellery or ido jewellery. Just trying to figure out how to make sure it is my stone  after the setting done biggrin.gif
No problem. Memory will have the device to let you view the inscription. Quite clear. While iDo will probably use the handheld type as she operates her business remotely.
Watta??
post Jan 15 2019, 11:33 AM

Regular
1,047 posts

deleted..

This post has been edited by Watta??: Jan 15 2019, 09:38 PM
Gentlemean
post Jan 15 2019, 02:07 PM

21 posts

Hi sifus,

Recently I received two options around my budget, they look exceptionally similar to me, so wanna ask sifus here which one is better:

1. 0.35ct G VS1 3Ex N (2306072538)

0.35ct E VS1 3Ex N (6275581338)

Thanks thanks!!
kambingkoh
post Jan 15 2019, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Gentlemean @ Jan 15 2019, 02:07 PM)
Hi sifus,

Recently I received two options around my budget, they look exceptionally similar to me, so wanna ask sifus here which one is better:

1. 0.35ct G VS1 3Ex N (2306072538)

0.35ct E VS1 3Ex N (6275581338)

Thanks thanks!!
Proportions wise, diamond 1 will be better. However, no pictures to see.

2nd diamond is not good at all:
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view...amond-0Z7923703
user posted image

It is obviously leaking light. Yes, it will look white and bright. But it probably won't sparkle that much.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Jan 15 2019, 07:00 PM
kambingkoh
post Jan 15 2019, 06:59 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Watta?? @ Jan 15 2019, 11:33 AM)
Hi, I am currently looking at this ring, can some sifu here advise around how much would this ring be worth?
https://globalgemological.com/report-check/...QAOAA3AA==.html
For precious stones such as Ruby, perhaps you can look for La Fiancee to give you a quote and see. They seem to be expert in this.
https://www.facebook.com/LaFianceeGems/

Of course, ZCOVA - http://zcova.com probably can too.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Jan 15 2019, 07:00 PM
yeeyew
post Jan 16 2019, 12:57 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

Hi sifu, I'm getting a proposal ring. Would like to know whether which one is better? Hard to tell from my naked eyes.. Haha

1. GIA 6271943902
18K RG DM Ring.
RM3150.

2. GIA 6275652336
18K RG DM Ring.
RM3250.

3. GIA 6231967485
18K RG DM Ring.
RM3200.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by yeeyew: Jan 16 2019, 02:25 PM
kambingkoh
post Jan 16 2019, 02:24 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(yeeyew @ Jan 16 2019, 12:57 PM)
Hi sifu, I'm getting a proposal ring. Would like to know whether this ring is worth d price.

GIA 6271943902
18K RG DM Ring.
RM3150.
Thanks.
35 degree crown angle paired with 41 degree pavilion.. very hard to say as GIA rounds up the number. It will be best if you have the actual diamond image.

But if the cut is good, the price is not expensive if you ask me.

RG = ROSE GOLD?
DM = ??? confused.gif

If you a very very decent 0.2ct, Black by Brian Gavin (affiliate link)provides plenty of options, with full photography proof to back things up. For instance, this one: https://black.briangavindiamonds.com/diamon...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link). I really like the small table and high crown to provide some excellent fire.
yeeyew
post Jan 16 2019, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

DM = Diamold. I guess.. Haha
zentek
post Jan 16 2019, 08:12 PM

0 posts

Hi kambingkoh sifu, could you tell me if this is a good deal?

Carat: 0.51ct
Color: E
Clarity: SI 1
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Non
Depth %: 61.50%
Table %: 57.00%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.6
Hearts & Arrows: Visible
Certification No: GIA 1285627664
Ref No: HD VIDEO
https://segoma.com/v.aspx?type=iframe&id=S687F259HU

quoted at RM6,730 for the stone

This post has been edited by zentek: Jan 16 2019, 08:13 PM
kambingkoh
post Jan 16 2019, 08:44 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(zentek @ Jan 16 2019, 08:12 PM)
Hi kambingkoh sifu, could you tell me if this is a good deal?
Carat: 0.51ct
Color: E
Clarity: SI 1
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: Non
Depth %: 61.50%
Table %: 57.00%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavillion Angle: 40.6
Hearts & Arrows: Visible
Certification No: GIA 1285627664
Ref No: HD VIDEO
https://segoma.com/v.aspx?type=iframe&id=S687F259HU

quoted at RM6,730 for the stone
Price is pretty good. It is an SI one stone with cloud inclusion, so I might check with the seller and see if it affects the diamond negatively or not, like blurry or cloudy diamond. I am not pro, so I can't really judge it as good as those pro, but from the looks of the video, it looks pretty eye-clean and lovely. This diamond has some light obstruction, but nothing too over. For the price, I would say it is pretty good. Who offer you this stone?
kambingkoh
post Jan 16 2019, 08:45 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(yeeyew @ Jan 16 2019, 02:28 PM)
DM = Diamold. I guess.. Haha
lol. anyway, it is easier to judge with actual image or video.
zentek
post Jan 16 2019, 08:59 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jan 16 2019, 08:44 PM)
Price is pretty good. It is an SI one stone with cloud inclusion, so I might check with the seller and see if it affects the diamond negatively or not, like blurry or cloudy diamond. I am not pro, so I can't really judge it as good as those pro, but from the looks of the video, it looks pretty eye-clean and lovely. This diamond has some light obstruction, but nothing too over. For the price, I would say it is pretty good. Who offer you this stone?
it is offer by Tailored Jewel..

As for setting, do u have any advice for newbie?

My concern is the diamond alone is too simple with solitaire setup. Hence I was looking at side stone or halo design.
However, until now i haven't get my cup of tea yet as I looking for something not too fancy even with side stone.
I have visited memory jewelry/TJ/Wisma Wah Chan.

Should I just simply choose Solitaire or actually at the end it still personal preference?

228 Pages « < 121 122 123 124 125 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0189sec    0.33    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:02 AM