Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!! (Advice Wanted)

kambingkoh
post Sep 18 2018, 01:02 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(cfkoon @ Sep 18 2018, 09:17 AM)
Let me just be more realistic and give you a different perspective to buying a diamond engagement ring. You want to buy a nice ring for your lady, you want your lady to show it off to her friends and everyone can be happy and proud.

Now of course what ring you can buy depends on your budget:
1) You rich (Tiffany, Cartier, Bvlgari) - you get a ring here, everyone will be in awe - here are top quality rings with of course top level price tag. Don't buy if this is not in your budget (by this I mean, don't blow your annual savings or go into debt just to get these) they are vanity brands. Budget (30k - 100k or inifinity also got)

2) You premium - middle level brands with middle level prices (8k+), rings here there's exp but just not the top quality. Cut is pretty good, and decent shine and brilliance. Your SO will be happy at the quality even though there's no brand here.

3) Others - Let me share with you my experience after buying a diamond ring. Firstly if you are looking at around 0.3c (this is a good size, but relatively speaking its a small diamond) - so inclusions, color what not (all these are pointless because you can barely notice them) the only thing to compare is the "cut" because this dictates how "shimmery" the diamond is, and the brilliance of it. Just do an "eye" test, select from a few of that carat range and see which one is the best under the light.  One thing that I will advise if you buying from Zcova (or any online), you NEED to see what you are buying first - you need to see the cut and the shape of the diamond.

Let me tell you for the inclusion and color, anything under the light you won't be able to tell a difference. If there's a cheaper option but with lesser quality (don't consider those bottom of the barrel grade la) like VS1 against VVS1 (go for VS1) or color E against H (go for H).

Lastly this is minor, but the setting of the diamond is also important. How the claw, or the clasp of the ring on the diamond will determine the entire design. So do check that out, even if you get the best value diamond for 0.3ct if they set it lousily on a ring, your entire ring will look like shit as well.
Good advice! rclxms.gif
kambingkoh
post Sep 18 2018, 01:03 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lil'fry @ Sep 18 2018, 09:18 AM)
hi kambingkoh

is it more expensive to buy at singapore vs malaysia? for the proposal ring..?
I would say yes. But also that depends where you buy. If you buying a branded one, like Tiffany, after refunding VAT, it might be cheaper than what you can get in Malaysia.
lil'fry
post Sep 18 2018, 04:01 PM

Group: Newbie

oh am thinking jann paul as many people recommend that.. is it worth getting from them? i worried scam by some other retailers
kambingkoh
post Sep 18 2018, 05:28 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(lil'fry @ Sep 18 2018, 04:01 PM)
oh am thinking jann paul as many people recommend that.. is it worth getting from them? i worried scam by some other retailers
They are more expensive than US super ideal diamond sellers in general. But for the best brick-and-mortar that comes with proper guidance and real diamonds for viewing, they are probably one of the best.

You probably want to go and watch their YouTube channel as well.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Sep 18 2018, 05:29 PM
cfkoon
post Sep 19 2018, 08:42 AM

Getting Started

I've checked Tiffany's in Malaysia and Singapore, its roughly the same price between Singapore (tax refund) and Malaysia (tax-free period). With SST buying in Malaysia might be slightly expensive.

The one thing that I've noticed is that Love & Co in Singapore can be cheaper than the one in Malaysia, mostly because you can negotiate the price with them? Therefore any price discount will be cut by three times?(if this makes sense). Of course you get you GST refund as well

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0638sec    5.82    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st September 2018 - 03:37 PM