Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

228 Pages « < 108 109 110 111 112 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

kambingkoh
post Aug 16 2018, 11:46 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(GloryKnight @ Aug 16 2018, 11:14 AM)
Thanks Kambingkoh for your advices and help.

My order process for BGD is now underway as Moneymatch is wiring the transfer. Will post my post-package collection reaction here for a Black by BG diamond. Very excited and at the same time prepping minimally for the big question.

I think i will prepare a dishwash or detergent bottle while proposing too. HAHA
No problem. Why dishwash?
Nando's
post Aug 16 2018, 12:04 PM

Casual
429 posts

QUOTE(GloryKnight @ Aug 16 2018, 11:14 AM)
Thanks Kambingkoh for your advices and help.

My order process for BGD is now underway as Moneymatch is wiring the transfer. Will post my post-package collection reaction here for a Black by BG diamond. Very excited and at the same time prepping minimally for the big question.

I think i will prepare a dishwash or detergent bottle while proposing too. HAHA
Trust me, you'll never regret brows.gif brows.gif

Thanks to kambingkoh thumbsup.gif
kambingkoh
post Aug 17 2018, 01:20 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Nando's @ Aug 16 2018, 12:04 PM)
Trust me, you'll never regret  brows.gif  brows.gif

Thanks to kambingkoh  :thumbsup:
No problem!
GloryKnight
post Aug 17 2018, 02:33 PM

Regular
1,770 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 16 2018, 11:46 AM)
No problem. Why dishwash?
Will you help me to wash the dishes or clothes together? lolol.
kambingkoh
post Aug 17 2018, 03:01 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(GloryKnight @ Aug 17 2018, 02:33 PM)
Will you help me to wash the dishes or clothes together? lolol.

whatever bro whatever hahahaha...

iamkent
post Aug 17 2018, 06:55 PM

i shoot you <3
3,073 posts

I guess every men will having big trouble and no idea how to start .
Great to found this page .

So gentlemen , any recommendation of brand and type ?

I'm looking for Diamond Ring Budget will be around RM5-7k

Another question any feedback or experience from this 4 brand ?

ZCOVA
Audrey's
Boa Jewels
Love & Co

Thank in advance,

This post has been edited by iamkent: Aug 17 2018, 08:02 PM
kambingkoh
post Aug 17 2018, 09:58 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(iamkent @ Aug 17 2018, 06:55 PM)
I guess every men will having big trouble and no idea how to start .
Great to found this page .

So gentlemen , any recommendation of brand and type ?

I'm looking for Diamond Ring Budget will be around RM5-7k
If you want to max your budget, then you will probably end up with a 0.4ct F or G color VS2 clarity super ideal. It might break your budget a little by 200 to 300 ringgit. Getting a E to F color VS1 or VS2 GIA triple excellent will definitely land you on a 0.4ct diamond without breaking your budget, but you may sacrifice abit in terms of cutting precision.

For super ideal you can look for https://www.whiteflash.com/?a_aid=myengringexp (affiliate link) or https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link)

For GIA triple excellent, you can look for Tailored Jewel or Zcova. They are both running promotions. You can also look for Memory Jewellery, they are also running a promo for 0.3 or 0.5 G VS2.

You can also look for iDo Jewellery. Her diamonds seem to have pretty good proportions and precision, but her price also seems to be higher.

iamkent
post Aug 17 2018, 10:19 PM

i shoot you <3
3,073 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 17 2018, 09:58 PM)
If you want to max your budget, then you will probably end up with a 0.4ct F or G color VS2 clarity super ideal. It might break your budget a little by 200 to 300 ringgit. Getting a E to F color VS1 or VS2 GIA triple excellent will definitely land you on a 0.4ct diamond without breaking your budget, but you may sacrifice abit in terms of cutting precision.

For super ideal you can look for https://www.whiteflash.com/?a_aid=myengringexp (affiliate link) or https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link)

For GIA triple excellent, you can look for Tailored Jewel or Zcova. They are both running promotions. You can also look for Memory Jewellery, they are also running a promo for 0.3 or 0.5 G VS2.

You can also look for iDo Jewellery. Her diamonds seem to have pretty good proportions and precision, but her price also seems to be higher.
Thank you so much for the reply.
I guess will drop by for zcova, but I think with my budget only can get 0.4 or 0.5

May I now why Audrey is able do RM2k for 0.5 size? It's different with other?
kambingkoh
post Aug 18 2018, 12:11 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(iamkent @ Aug 17 2018, 10:19 PM)
Thank you so much for the reply.
I guess will drop by for zcova, but I think with my budget only can get 0.4 or 0.5

May I now why Audrey is able do RM2k for 0.5 size? It's different with other?
Depends on the colour and clarity. But for max 7k your best bet might be H colour 0.5ct VS2 or above.

You asked about BoaJewels. They are pretty cheap but the diamonds might not be triple excellent. Do check with them first.

Audrey's price is not the cheapest in town. So impossible for them to do 0.5ct for 2k... unless the diamond is badly cut and the 4Cs are unattractive. Can i take look at the cert?

iamkent
post Aug 18 2018, 11:39 AM

i shoot you <3
3,073 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 18 2018, 12:11 AM)
Depends on the colour and clarity. But for max 7k your best bet might be H colour 0.5ct VS2 or above.

You asked about BoaJewels. They are pretty cheap but the diamonds might not be triple excellent. Do check with them first.

Audrey's price is not the cheapest in town. So impossible for them to do 0.5ct for 2k... unless the diamond is badly cut and the 4Cs are unattractive. Can i take look at the cert?
Yes will have a look and visit to BoaJewel & Zcova

Audrey been reply my msg regarding asking why the price is so low.
Actually it's not a final price yet because it's like Ala carte style, need to choose the type, ring, design, size then only have final price. It's my mistake

No idea how the cut diamond or the triple excellent u mention. Guess faster way is walk in and check with my eye. Haha
dingdingdingmf
post Aug 18 2018, 02:35 PM

1 posts

Hi, I have recent bought a diamond

0.46 F VS1 triple E
GIA 7291346206
price : rm7100 (diamond only)

Is it a good buy?

kambingkoh
post Aug 18 2018, 06:27 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(dingdingdingmf @ Aug 18 2018, 02:35 PM)
Hi, I have recent bought a diamond

0.46 F VS1 triple E 
GIA 7291346206
price : rm7100 (diamond only)

Is it a good buy?
The proportions are tremendous. If the optical precision is good then this is a top performer. Price wise, it is slightly expensive.
kambingkoh
post Aug 18 2018, 06:40 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(iamkent @ Aug 18 2018, 11:39 AM)
Yes will have a look and visit to BoaJewel & Zcova

Audrey been reply my msg regarding asking why the price is so low.
Actually it's not a final price yet because it's like Ala carte style, need to choose the type, ring, design, size then only have final price. It's my mistake

No idea how the cut diamond or the triple excellent u mention. Guess faster way is walk in and check with my eye. Haha
Cut precision and diamond proportions determines how well the diamond can perform. Triple Excellent is usuallt where you should start your search. Try to aim for diamond with crown angle between 34 to 35 and pavilion angle between 40.6 to 40.9.

If possible, try to check the diamond under fliorescent light and see if it is beautiful or dull. Usually shop lighting will give you disneyland effect whereby everything looks beautiful.

Good luck!
iamkent
post Aug 18 2018, 07:19 PM

i shoot you <3
3,073 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 18 2018, 06:40 PM)
Cut precision and diamond proportions determines how well the diamond can perform. Triple Excellent is usuallt where you should start your search. Try to aim for diamond with crown angle between 34 to 35 and pavilion angle between 40.6 to 40.9.

If possible, try to check the diamond under fliorescent light and see if it is beautiful or dull. Usually shop lighting will give you disneyland effect whereby everything looks beautiful.

Good luck!
haha although not real understand much about diamond but appreciate bro for your guide .

Thank icon_rolleyes.gif
kambingkoh
post Aug 18 2018, 07:50 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(iamkent @ Aug 18 2018, 07:19 PM)
haha although not real understand much about diamond but appreciate bro for your guide .

Thank  icon_rolleyes.gif
No problem!
Blakey
post Aug 18 2018, 08:09 PM

36 posts

Good evening kambingkoh~ What’s your take on this gia diamond 6241055248 ?
kambingkoh
post Aug 18 2018, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

For those who are looking for a 0.5ct diamond with a budget of RM 9000. This is the really really worth considering: http://www.myengagementringexperience.com/...arrows.html?m=1
kambingkoh
post Aug 18 2018, 10:56 PM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Blakey @ Aug 18 2018, 08:09 PM)
Good evening kambingkoh~ What’s your take on this gia diamond 6241055248 ?
Looka good, despite the slightly deep total depth, but the calculated ideal weight matches the actual weight. The small table and high crown may be able to help to increase the diamond's fire while the 40.6 degree pavilion angle may be able to return a lot of light! Lower girdle percentsge of 75% will give you bold sparks and this is great. If the optical precision of this diamond is good, it is indeed a good diamond.
Blakey
post Aug 19 2018, 12:25 AM

36 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Aug 18 2018, 10:56 PM)
Looka good, despite the slightly deep total depth, but the calculated ideal weight matches the actual weight. The small table and high crown may be able to help to increase the diamond's fire while the 40.6 degree pavilion angle may be able to return a lot of light! Lower girdle percentsge of 75% will give you bold sparks and this is great. If the optical precision of this diamond is good, it is indeed a good diamond.
That’s nice to hear! You’ve mentioned solitaire club before, and I’ve taken a look at a 321k shop selling them. Is 321k shop a higher level store than Wah Chan along with its diamond or otherwise?
kambingkoh
post Aug 19 2018, 08:36 AM

Getting Started
76 posts

QUOTE(Blakey @ Aug 19 2018, 12:25 AM)
That’s nice to hear! You’ve mentioned solitaire club before, and I’ve taken a look at a 321k shop selling them. Is 321k shop a higher level store than Wah Chan along with its diamond or otherwise?
Oh and I missed out one thing. ASET and IdealScope is actually important as well. But... I have uses to filter our based on proportions and optical precision first nowadays. In most places, we won't get all those performance images, so it is good to maximize what we have at our disposal.

As far as brick-and-mortar is concerned, the only thing we can do is look at proportions and the arrows. If can see the hearts even better but usually the diamonds are mounted. Understandbly, most people either prefer to view the diamonds in real life or they just don't feel too comfortable transferring a huge amount of money overseas for a loose diamond even the online stores provide all the necessary performance images, therefore this creates a give and take situation whereby we will need to maximize what tools we have at our hands.

Ok... back to topic.

I recommended Solitaire Club because they are focusing on proportions first. Proportions is the first level to filter out bad diamonds. I can't say their proportions are superbly excellent but it should be able to filter out a lot of not-so-good diamonds. Despite filtering out, Solitaire Club is like Lazare at Degem, there still can be good ones and not-so-good ones. If you got the chance, go to Degem and look at Lazare, you will notice not all are equal. It is either because of the cut precision is not that good or the pairing of proportions are not that good. For instance, a 35.5 degree crown angle paired with a 41.2 degree pavilion angle 99.9% will be leaking light. This can be seen by ASET which a lot of stores do not provide. Of course, I am just giving an example, I have no proof that Lazare is leaking light in anyway. Also, star length and lower girdle facet is also not provided for both Lazare and Solitaire Club. Now, those are actually pretty important because I tend to look for star length from 50% or above and prefer lower girdle facet of 75% to 77%. For my own WhiteFlash diamond, despite all the performance images looks good, the star length of 48% makes the diamond look brighter than having more coloured sparkles. It can still perform, but I will look for diamond with more contrast these days. Haha, I think I should blog this

As for 321K, this is the firsf time I heard it. After Googling, they actually belong to Wah Chan. Higher level or not? To me is just branding. Let the diamond quality speaks for itself. wink.gif wherever you feel comfortable with!

228 Pages « < 108 109 110 111 112 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.55    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:05 PM