Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

91 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!! (Advice Wanted)

views

kambingkoh
post Oct 3 2016, 10:19 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(chickenessence @ Sep 25 2016, 10:46 AM)
Anyone know Litz in johor for buying proposal / wedding band?
Thanks.
You put the name here, I went google, then now I know. smile.gif Anyway, why ask? Planning to get from there?
kambingkoh
post Oct 4 2016, 07:25 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(chickenessence @ Oct 3 2016, 11:17 PM)
Already bought one there.
Comparatively, the price is cheaper than love and co. and some other jewelry shops in johor area.
0.35c,
F Color grade,
SI 1 clarity grade,
with ICI cert, ideal cut.

Cost about RM 5k.

Not sure whether it is a good buy or not.. But not too bad for me i guess.
I think 5k at Love and Co. only able to get wedding bands without solitaire diamond.
So that's how i decided to go with Litz.

I think a previous few post i seen a slightly better deal compare to mine.
You can't based on the 4Cs alone to determine whether that is a better deal or not. Ultimate factor to determine a stone worth's is the CUT. You can simply go to Audrey's Malaysia to take a look at different range of prices for similar specs stone.

And I think the cert is called IGI, right?

For 5K, if does not include ring setting, then will be expensive, it include, the price is still okay, but really still need to see how well cut is the stone. And yes, mainstream shops like Love and Co is more expensive.
kambingkoh
post Oct 11 2016, 01:59 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(pikachu01 @ Oct 9 2016, 10:58 PM)
Just recently bought a diamond ring with 18k white gold setting. Price ~10k. IGI.

0.65 C, D Color, VS1, Super Ideal Cut.

HCA: 1.1

Take note that this is a lab diamond.

What do you guys think?

ASET/Idealscope pictures of it will be uploaded upon request. Quite lazy to copy from email. Haha...
Attached Image

Haha, do read my attachment. biggrin.gif

It's a good buy.

Curious, may I know why you choose lab grown diamond?

Btw, do share the idealscope, hearts and arrows, aset images! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Oct 11 2016, 02:00 PM
kambingkoh
post Oct 11 2016, 02:20 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(keeting89 @ Oct 10 2016, 11:00 PM)
Hi everyone, truly appreciate if you could give some comments onto the diamond below.
RM 4,634 with below specification (without casing). By the way, what is the current market price for casing?

3x excellent
0.4 c
F
VVS1
First of all, HCA is a diamond rejection tool, not a selection tool. The diamond you chosen did not get rejected by HCA, so it is good, but we cannot rely on HCA to choose for us.

For GIA graded diamonds, we can always use the free cut score calculator provided by Enchanted Diamonds to calculate the cut score:
https://enchanteddiamonds.com/cut-score-calculator

Personally, I think we should focus on diamonds with 100% cut score, but sometimes, slightly lower cut score may be a good choice as well, but you need to consult some online experts to verify it. For me, I don't think I will take this diamond. You can refer to my conclusion below:
Attached Image

And I think the diamond is no longer available. Better check with your supplier/vendor.

smile.gif

Current market price for casing is RM 1,800 (from Ido Jewellery).

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Oct 11 2016, 02:25 PM
kambingkoh
post Oct 11 2016, 02:31 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Oct 11 2016, 02:27 PM)
Ehh, just came across to this tool and mine was 97.2 only leh
Lol. As I mentioned, lower than 100% may not be not good. In fact, if not mistaken, some 96.x% above diamonds may meet expert's standard. If you really want to be sure how your diamond perform, go look for those experts and ask lor. Just don't be sad if slightly not that good (which I hope not). Most importantly, got heart to buy is already good enough bro. rclxms.gif
kambingkoh
post Oct 11 2016, 02:37 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Oct 11 2016, 02:34 PM)
Already got gemologist to verify the diamond including the inclusions in the diamond.

Although it's needle inclusion, couldn't find it under x40 magnification
Curious, where can I get a gemologist eh? Feels strange if I just walk into a random jewellery shop.
kambingkoh
post Oct 11 2016, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Oct 11 2016, 02:41 PM)
The gemologist I met was working in Michael Trio so he told me that his profession.
I see, so you got it from SG?
kambingkoh
post Oct 11 2016, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(XiuKeong @ Oct 11 2016, 02:48 PM)
Yeap, now the gemologist is drawing the 3D model for me then can decide on the setting already
thumbup.gif
kambingkoh
post Oct 13 2016, 01:52 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(keeting89 @ Oct 13 2016, 12:26 PM)
Hi, i have gotten the H&A image from audreys..is that okay? Any comment?

Thanks alot..
My view as a layman (aka non-pro, haha):
Attached Image

Attached Image
http://www.heartsandarrows.com/hearts-arro...al-cut-dna.aspx

Other reference:
http://niceice.com/diamond-buying-secrets/...buying-success/
http://beyond4cs.com/shapes/round/ideal-proportions/

p.s. try to get ASET image or Idealscope image.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Oct 13 2016, 01:56 PM
kambingkoh
post Oct 27 2016, 12:08 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(keeting89 @ Oct 13 2016, 12:26 PM)
Hi, i have gotten the H&A image from audreys..is that okay? Any comment?

Thanks alot..
Hi Keeting,

Here is what Todd from NiceIce.com replied me when I seek for his advice on your candidate diamond, hope it can help you smile.gif :

That's a very thorough analysis and I agree with most of it. Let's make some minor tweaks. Feel free to use any or all of this on your site.

The little arrowheads that appear in the middle of the hearts pattern are always going to be erratic in structure, don't pay those any attention, none at all.

The images provided for hearts and arrows by this particular supplier are not really photographs, but rather computer generated renderings, probably generated using Sarine Computerized proportions analysis. But they can tell us a bit about the optical precision, which is not up to my standards for "Hearts and Arrows". Let's analyze the image:

Attached Image

​The green arrows pointing to obstruction under the table facet at the base of the arrows is going to be most evident to most people without a lot of diamond evaluation experience. This obstruction will face-up black from the top down view of a clarity photograph. It is created by differences in the space around each of the hearts, which is indicated here using the color pink.

You'll notice that the varying degrees of obstruction affect the visible amount of (what should be) translucent space under the table facet. Thus the relative space within each of the triangular patterns that appear between the arrow shafts is different. This will play havoc with the manner in which light reflects throughout the diamond, it will not be evenly dispersed. You can see a difference in the depth of the red space that borders the eight sides of the table facet outline being affected by the volume of obstruction. Note that all diamonds will exhibit some degree of obstruction, but the idea is to minimize it.

Note that the larger amount of space around one of the hearts is creating the small amount of light leakage visible as black in the relative one o'clock region of the table facet.

The light blue circles indicate where the tips of the hearts appear to be twisting or bending. In reality, they are not twisting, nor bending. This is an optical illusion created by the light reflections coming off the pavilion main facets from the other side of the diamond, being different in length. See graphic this page - which I'm now reminded is more of a draft which needs to be finished.

The majority of these optical precision issues are being created by differences in the size, length and the indexing of the lower girdle facets, but it is also accentuated by the proportions of the diamond. The crown and pavilion angle measurements are only the beginning of the diamond selection process, the crown and depth measurements must also be taken into account, but these factors are more of a puzzle comprised of sliding pieces - which is why I've never attempted to write a tutorial on it, it would simply be too confusing and would likely create a logistical nightmare for the consumer.

But I can tell you that the pavilion depth of 43.5% happens to be the "critical tipping point" where light begins NOT to strike fully off the pavilion facets. Thus the full volume of light is not likely to be reflected back up from the pavilion facets (lower half of the diamond) the person observing the diamond. This is one of the reasons why Enchanted Diamonds is giving this 0.40 carat, F-color, VVS-1 clarity, GIA Excellent cut round diamond an overall cut score of 94.1% out of a possible 100%.

The shallower crown angle of 33 degrees is also a factor and is likely to produce more brilliance (white sparkle) as opposed to producing a virtual balance of brilliance and dispersion (colored sparkle) as would be likely to occur with a crown angle between 34.3 - 35.0 degrees. This effect is likely to be increased by the 80% lower girdle facet length, which is likely to produce sparkle which is smaller in size.

Due to the way our human eyes interpret sparkle that is smaller in size, it is not likely to be fully dispersed into colored sparkle. Note that the GIA rounds off the lower girdle facet length to the nearest half a percent, so the diamond might produce sparkle that is larger in size if the lower girdle facets are actually 78% which the GIA would round up to 80% and this can be visually estimated by an experienced diamond grader using the clarity photograph.

I'm definitely not a fan of lab grown diamonds, feel free to link to this article and borrow some graphics if you want (with credit of origin please, maintains validity of license). I realize that in your case this statement is kind of redundant since you seem to be very good about that already... Thank you for that.

Refer to the article Diamond Color Grading for additional insight on blue fluorescence and a really cool video. I've never seen a diamond with medium blue fluorescence that presented any negative visual properties, it can only help in my opinion. The realm of strong blue is also usually a safe bet. There is the potential for diamonds to appear "over blue" which people tend to interpret as being milky or cloudy, in the realm of very strong to distinct blue - this is where the 2% of gem quality diamonds come in, which exhibit visual properties negatively influenced by the extremely high volume of blue fluorescence. Always advise your clients to avoid diamonds exhibiting white or yellow fluorescence, that is always going to negatively influence the visual properties.

It's super cool to see you taking such an interest in diamonds :-)

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Oct 27 2016, 01:42 PM
kambingkoh
post Oct 31 2016, 02:15 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(mariobros @ Oct 27 2016, 02:57 PM)
What would be the estimate cost for:
Carat - 0.3 to 0.4
Clarity - VS2, SI1
Colour - H, I, J
Cut - Excellent

And have anyone out there proposed before with other than diamonds - e.g. Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald etc?  hmm.gif
Filter from here:
http://audreys.com.my/audreys/diamondsearch.php

Based on your specs, the price range quoted by Audrey's is from RM 1,8xx - RM 3,9xx for loose diamond alone. If you buy from Audrey's the 18K white gold ring setting should be cheaper than finding another jeweller.

If you are on a budget, you can look for Tailored Jewel (http://tailoredjewel.com/). Ethon from Tailored Jewel is very helpful and they are currently running a promotion. Eumayco (www.eumaycojewellery.com) is another option. Tailored Jewel's white gold is solid. I believe it contains Palladium too (a rare metal), where some jewellers won't provide. Anyway, if you are dealing with Ethon, he will work hard until your expectations are met.

If you want diamonds with excellent cut and good workmanship on ring setting, but maybe cost more, probably you can check out iDo Jewellery (http://www.idojewellery.com/). My ring setting is from iDo, but my diamond is not, however, based on her explanation on her diamond filtering process, I guess she is able to get some diamonds with excellent cut.

Lastly, if you buying from GIA graded diamonds, use https://enchanteddiamonds.com/cut-score-calculator to filter out those that score too low, maybe those lower than 90% perhaps? All you need is just to input the GIA cert number. For example:

Attached Image

Hope this helps.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Oct 31 2016, 02:17 PM
kambingkoh
post Nov 1 2016, 11:27 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(mariobros @ Nov 1 2016, 11:25 PM)
Wow thanks! I love the recommendation of Tailored Jewel and Eumayco. Something not so 'commercialized' brand.
Audrey's ring itself costs at least RM2100? Didn't expect that as noob in these things.
I'm looking at the most basic setting, no need fancy-schmancy just a proposal from the heart  smile.gif
Budget around RM3K (diamond+ring). Feasible? Sorry didn't really know the price in market.
Just putting my criteria, I'm not surveying anywhere thus asking for recommendation
Not sure how much does Audrey's ring setting cost. But RM 2,100 for ring setting alone is too expensive IMO. Go to iDo Jewellery, cheaper!

If budget constraint, Tailored Jewel is running a promotion for GIA 3EX 0.25 E VS2 diamond with 18-K White Gold Setting. RM 3,300, hopefully within your budget.

https://www.facebook.com/tailoredjewel/phot...?type=3&theater

Eumayco latest price list:
https://www.facebook.com/eumayco.jewellery/...312867075420876

RM 3,800 for 0.32ct I colour SI1 clarity, including 18-K White Gold Setting.

If you ask me, I will go for 0.25ct from Tailored Jewel. Size-wise, probably wont be very noticeable at all, but colour-wise, it will be noticeable.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Nov 1 2016, 11:43 PM
kambingkoh
post Nov 1 2016, 11:31 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Nov 1 2016, 02:10 PM)
G 0.34c VS2 = RM4100, worth of money?
May I know which jeweller quoted you this?
kambingkoh
post Nov 2 2016, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Nov 2 2016, 11:09 AM)
hi bro..

just went there to check

here is the info

0.34crt H SI2 Triple Excellent N with casing = RM4100

and

0.25 carat E VS2 Triple Excellent = RM3300

(which is worth penny?) sorry a noob here..
kambingkoh
Personally don't think I will get 0.34crt H SI2 Triple Excellent. Based on specs alone, 0.30ct E VS2 with ring from Tailored Jewel only cost RM 4,400. RM 300 difference for a colour that is 3 grades higher and clarity that is 2 grades higher is good for me. 0.34ct and 0.30ct size difference is too minimal to be noticed.

Which one is worth? I will go for 0.25ct, if compared between the two you have.
kambingkoh
post Nov 2 2016, 03:11 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(DoomCognition @ Nov 2 2016, 01:31 PM)
Purely based on the 4Cs, I dont think the 0.34c is a good deal. 

For the 0.25c, does it include ring?

Can't you get them to text you the GIA number?
Yes, Tailored Jewel's one includes 18k WG setting.

kambingkoh
post Nov 2 2016, 03:13 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Nov 2 2016, 01:21 PM)
they told me but i couldnt remember...too many numbers with 7 1 9 0000.

its euyo and tailor
Try to get the GIA cert numbers, you can at least get the basic idea on how well cut the stone is. Can see whether it is cut too deep, or the pavilion angles./crown angles are too much.
kambingkoh
post Nov 2 2016, 04:56 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Nov 2 2016, 04:29 PM)
thanks bro

how bout this....LAST to ask from me

0.34crt H SI2 Triple Excellent N with side diamond casing = RM4100

and

0.25 carat E VS2 Triple Excellent with side diamond casing= RM3800
please advise..after this, promise no more noob question
Based on specs alone? No GIA number provided? Will get 0.25ct. Side diamonds can probably make you stone look bigger too. As far as I can tell, you main concern is budget, so I guess 0.25ct can fall comfortably within your budget too. Besides, the price is quite reasonable. Anyway, if you have the time, just go to a diamond shop to survey and look see. Places like Wah Chan is pretty budget friendly from what I've heard. Try to get the GIA cert number for the diamonds that offer.

There is really no noob question btw. Most guys will have to go through this. Haha... wait, you are a female?!
kambingkoh
post Nov 3 2016, 01:00 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Nov 2 2016, 05:02 PM)
Once a female perhaps?? Now balik ke pangkal jalan......lolz....joking

Ok. Heading for 0.25c. I am thinking some jewel tht comes from a non commercialize shop like wah chan bro..keke..now 2 option given......1. Side diamonds(1 short line of diamonds straight to left n right). 2 halo diamonds (small diamonds surrounds the middle diamond)

Just worry w8ll the small diamond looks weird when it fits into it

Or perhaps just take the promo set rm3300 with the normal classic casing
First of all, diamonds are the same throughout commercialize/non-commercialize. If you buy from Wah Chan or buy from non-commercialize stores, like Tailored Jewel, they all have a GIA cert. So, give yourself some flexibility to explore various shops. Just my opinion. wink.gif

I always prefer diamonds mounted in simple 18-K WG setting.

Actually, what is your main concern when making a purchase?
kambingkoh
post Nov 3 2016, 08:52 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Nov 3 2016, 05:55 AM)
Budget below 4k....not too small the diamond, sparkling fire and price with casing. Thta all only
Last check with Eumayco is that you can view the stone before making a purchase (because I asked them whether I can view the hearts first from the bottom of the diamond), but I am not sure "view" is actually physically viewing or just virtually viewing. I think non-mainstream/non-commercialize stores won't keep too much stock in their inventory, but you can try to make appointment and ask to view the actual diamond, see if they can accommodate you or not. This is for you to check on the appearance of the diamond to see if you like it. You can also take this opportunity to check on the workmanship of the ring setting, which I think it is important as well, especially the prongs - you need to make sure it can hold the diamond well. Besides that, you can also examine the weight of the ring setting and see if you like it, you may also ask if they can provide you the details like how many grams of gold they use and what is the total weight of the ring setting. Also, try to get the ring size as accurate as you can because if there are more than 2 sizes increase in ring size, there may be a surcharge for the extra gold needed. Do share with us the GIA cert number if you need further analysis.

Good luck! rclxm9.gif
kambingkoh
post Nov 3 2016, 04:24 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(cute_miao @ Nov 3 2016, 09:48 AM)
thanks bro.

tailored dont keep any inventories, its much towards the ecommerce selling, wherelse eumayco keep stocks where you can view it before actual purchase.

i am still in the mid of thinkgin which to choose now.... but since some of you recommended me for the 0.25 which is more worth penny.
Why don't you just make an appointment with Eumayco and check things out first since they have inventories.

91 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0271sec    0.61    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th August 2022 - 02:52 PM