Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

216 Pages « < 89 90 91 92 93 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Advice Wanted [WTA] Proposal Ring & Wedding Bands, Please advice me!! Need Help!!

views

kambingkoh
post Feb 19 2018, 08:38 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(mk92 @ Feb 19 2018, 12:31 PM)
Hey bro, I was thinking about the same from your but judging on few concerns.

If the diamond has larger carat and doesn't shine as expected, i think that's very disappointing.
That's why i still prefer to go for the heart and arrows cut which promise the amount of fire produced by the diamond.
This is where ASET come into pictures to determine the brightness and amount of sparks that will be emitted by the diamond.

I have also checked the Zoara online reviews and it seems like it is not so great as well.

Just my 2 cents since it is one in a lifetime and better spend a bit more rather than regret in the future smile.gif
Clap clap.
kambingkoh
post Feb 19 2018, 09:16 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Brian Gavin Diamonds is offering special discount for their in-house diamonds other than Black by Brian Gavin Diamonds. It is a one-day special offer! Promotion will start in less than an hour, based on Houston time. They are 14 hours behind Malaysia.

Read more here: https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link)

http://www.myengagementringexperience.com/...y-sale.html?m=1
kambingkoh
post Feb 19 2018, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(ju146 @ Feb 19 2018, 02:53 PM)
Dear expert
I am looking for diamond engagement ring with budget around 3k RM. Any good recommendation?

Sorry if I am asking dummy question because I am very new into this
It's abit hard but not entirely impossible. Brian Gavin Diamonds (affiliate link) does offer 0.2ct diamonds, which are value for money. Buying a H colour Hearts and Arrows diamond and set it in a ready design rings from Memory Jewellery should keep your budget in check. You may want to check it out.

Btw, today (Feb 19) Brian Gavin is having a special promotion with extra discount!

Read more here: https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond/...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link)

Update:
This one will set you back around RM 2550, including gst and delivery. Memory Jewellery rings start at RM 750 for ready made design.
Of course, you can lower the carat weight or the colour grade to reduce the cost even further, the choice is up to you. For this, the total will be around RM 3300.

The reason I chose this is because of its 76% lower girdle, steep crown angle, and small table. This will bring excellent fire to the diamond!
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link).

This is also another great diamond:
https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds...?a_aid=myengexp (affiliate link). This will be even cheaper and fall just around RM 3000. Reason for choosing this is similar to the above.

This post has been edited by kambingkoh: Feb 19 2018, 11:05 PM
Kytz
post Feb 19 2018, 10:43 PM

Casual
494 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 19 2018, 09:21 PM)
It's abit hard but not entirely impossible. Brian Gavin Diamonds (affiliate link) does offer 0.2ct diamonds, which are value for money. Buying a H colour Hearts and Arrows diamond and set it in a ready design rings from Memory Jewellery should keep your budget in check. You may want to check it out.

Btw, today (Feb 19) Brian Gavin is having a special promotion with extra discount!

Been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. Managed to snag the 15% discount for my purchase!
It's quite rare that they're giving a discount on loose diamond purchases
Kytz
post Feb 19 2018, 10:48 PM

Casual
494 posts

QUOTE(broga_night @ Feb 19 2018, 04:00 PM)
hi bro, thanks for ur advice. from what i learn after reading blogs and internet, a diamond cut must balance in all proportion to make it shine, heart&arrow is a cutting pattern which are very precise and unique. A diamond (not heart&arrow) with good cuts will spark well also. I had try few diamonds in Zoara with HCA and ECS, some score around 1 in HCA and 98 in ECS. I think it still able to spark nicely. Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

In zoara there is no ASET provided, that i someting need to be sacrifice.

Thanks.
HCA is a "rejection" tool only, not a selection tool. So it's only used to reject bad diamonds instead of selecting good diamonds. This is because the tool doesn't consider all facets of the diamond into the calculation.

It is always best to see the video and image of the diamond, and ASET/IS/H&A if possible to ensure that you get what you want.
kambingkoh
post Feb 19 2018, 10:49 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Kytz @ Feb 19 2018, 10:43 PM)
Been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. Managed to snag the 15% discount for my purchase!
It's quite rare that they're giving a discount on loose diamond purchases
Wow. Lucky you!
mk92
post Feb 21 2018, 08:39 AM

Getting Started
139 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Jan 29 2018, 01:07 PM)
Ringgit going strong!
[attachmentid=9554444]
Hi kambingkoh,

What transfer you use?
It seems like this rate is much better than the Maybank wire transfer 😯
kambingkoh
post Feb 21 2018, 09:32 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(mk92 @ Feb 21 2018, 08:39 AM)
Hi kambingkoh,

What transfer you use?
It seems like this rate is much better than the Maybank wire transfer 😯
Use MoneyMatch. Transaction fee is RM 8 nett. Remember to use REF637 to enjoy RM 15 off.
https://transfer.moneymatch.co/

You have to register with them first and they will video call you to verify you are the right person. They are legit.
Kytz
post Feb 21 2018, 10:10 AM

Casual
494 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 21 2018, 09:32 AM)
Use MoneyMatch. Transaction fee is RM 8 nett. Remember to use REF637 to enjoy RM 15 off.
https://transfer.moneymatch.co/

You have to register with them first and they will video call you to verify you are the right person. They are legit.
Used Moneymatch for my purchase and surprisingly they did not charge me any fee.
kambingkoh
post Feb 21 2018, 10:28 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Kytz @ Feb 21 2018, 10:10 AM)
Used Moneymatch for my purchase and surprisingly they did not charge me any fee.
They start charging from 19th Feb 2018 onwards, even for transaction from RM 5000 and above (which is free previously).

http://www.myengagementringexperience.com/...on-fee.html?m=1
Kytz
post Feb 21 2018, 04:11 PM

Casual
494 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 21 2018, 10:28 AM)
They start charging from 19th Feb 2018 onwards, even for transaction from RM 5000 and above (which is free previously).

http://www.myengagementringexperience.com/...on-fee.html?m=1
Yes but my order date is 20th Feb 2018, and they didnt charge any fee. Probably its just temporary and they will start charging people soon.

Also their website is still stating that they only charge the fee for transfers below RM 5,000
kambingkoh
post Feb 21 2018, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Kytz @ Feb 21 2018, 04:11 PM)
Yes but my order date is 20th Feb 2018, and they didnt charge any fee. Probably its just temporary and they will start charging people soon.

Also their website is still stating that they only charge the fee for transfers below RM 5,000
Yea. Probably. Good for you! wink.gif
Alberttks
post Feb 24 2018, 12:29 PM

0 posts

Hi all experts

I’m planning to buy proposal engagement ring:

I saw from Diamond & Platinum, 0.3Carat D VS1 Triple Excellent with Hearts and arrow = RM7900, is it worth it? Need your inputs.
kambingkoh
post Feb 24 2018, 03:55 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Alberttks @ Feb 24 2018, 12:29 PM)
Hi all experts

I’m planning to buy proposal engagement ring:

I saw from Diamond & Platinum, 0.3Carat D VS1 Triple Excellent with Hearts and arrow = RM7900, is it worth it? Need your inputs.
Saw this on WhiteFlash:

0.307 D VS1
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link).

This is a very good diamond. Price is USD 972 = RM 3869.43 using MoneyMatch (https://transfer.moneymatch.co). Add 6% GST. Price is around RM 4101.60. Add some misc. charges, the total should be approximately RM 4150.00. I assume Diamomd & Platinum is giving you platinum 950? I would put that custom platinum ring setting at the price of RM 3000. So total will be approximately RM 7101.60.

If you are buying Hearts & Arrows from Diamond & Platinum, I presume it is their Estrella series. However, I don't think they will provide you any scope images, i.e. Hearts image, IdealScope image, or ASET image, unlike WhiteFlash. Besides, Estrella should be using IGI cert (except IGI Hong Kong) which is said to be not as strict as AGS, but that is more like hearsay, but why not if you can get something cheaper, with more data (images), and what seems to be a better cert. You are probably saving around RM 900 as well.

You can look for Memory Jewellery (Sentul area), iDo Jewellery (Bukit Jalil area), or any other jeweller of your choice to set your loose diamond. You can google them find them on Facebook.

Please note that this is just one of the best diamonds available. If you are interested in taking the online route and need some diamond recommendations, kindly PM me or drop me an email at myengringexp at gmail dot com.

All the best!
Alberttks
post Feb 24 2018, 04:15 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 24 2018, 03:55 PM)
Saw this on WhiteFlash:

0.307 D VS1
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/r...id=myengringexp (affiliate link).

This is a very good diamond. Price is USD 972 = RM 3869.43 using MoneyMatch (https://transfer.moneymatch.co). Add 6% GST. Price is around RM 4101.60. Add some misc. charges, the total should be approximately RM 4150.00. I assume Diamomd & Platinum is giving you platinum 950? I would put that custom platinum ring setting at the price of RM 3000. So total will be approximately RM 7101.60.

If you are buying Hearts & Arrows from Diamond & Platinum, I presume it is their Estrella series. However, I don't think they will provide you any scope images, i.e. Hearts image, IdealScope image, or ASET image, unlike WhiteFlash. Besides, Estrella should be using IGI cert (except IGI Hong Kong) which is said to be not as strict as AGS, but that is more like hearsay, but why not if you can get something cheaper, with more data (images), and what seems to be a better cert. You are probably saving around RM 900 as well.

You can look for Memory Jewellery (Sentul area), iDo Jewellery (Bukit Jalil area), or any other jeweller of your choice to set your loose diamond. You can google them find them on Facebook.

Please note that this is just one of the best diamonds available. If you are interested in taking the online route and need some diamond recommendations, kindly PM me or drop me an email at myengringexp at gmail dot com.

All the best!
Hi, thanks for your suggestions

I have a few question:
1) I saw your link, are all 0.3carat D VS1 around USD972-USD1000 means RM4000 price for this category of DIAMOND? Same as other brand of Diamond? it will cost around RM4000++ for D VS1?

2) Why is Platinum setting ring so expensive? which required RM3000? Not Less than Rm1000?

Yes, the diamond I'm looking at D&P is Estrella, I like the hearts and arrow etc.

kambingkoh
post Feb 24 2018, 07:30 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Alberttks @ Feb 24 2018, 04:15 PM)
Hi, thanks for your suggestions

I have a few question:
1) I saw your link, are all 0.3carat D VS1 around USD972-USD1000 means RM4000 price for this category of DIAMOND? Same as other brand of Diamond? it will cost around RM4000++ for D VS1?

2) Why is Platinum setting ring so expensive? which required RM3000? Not Less than Rm1000?

Yes, the diamond I'm looking at D&P is Estrella, I like the hearts and arrow etc.
1. For this category of diamond, at this carat size, colour, and clarity, this should be the price more or less.

2. Platinum is rarer than gold (if not mistaken), and it has a higher melting point compared to gold, making it harder to melt and more effort and longer period is required to work with it. Also, platinum may be harder to bend as well, meaning it is less meallable (there are different opinion for this though, my experience with D&P last time was that the salesperson told me platinum will bend more easily, but won't break that easily, so whether it is less meallable or more meallable, I can't be sure). As for less than RM 1000, you can only get white gold ring, not platinum. I don't think you can ever find any jeweler in Malaysia that can offer you platinum ring for less than RM 1000.
Alberttks
post Feb 24 2018, 10:57 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 24 2018, 07:30 PM)
1. For this category of diamond, at this carat size, colour, and clarity, this should be the price more or less.

2. Platinum is rarer than gold (if not mistaken), and it has a higher melting point compared to gold, making it harder to melt and more effort and longer period is required to work with it. Also, platinum may be harder to bend as well, meaning it is less meallable (there are different opinion for this though, my experience with D&P last time was that the salesperson told me platinum will bend more easily, but won't break that easily, so whether it is less meallable or more meallable, I can't be sure). As for less than RM 1000, you can only get white gold ring, not platinum. I don't think you can ever find any jeweler in Malaysia that can offer you platinum ring for less than RM 1000.
Thanks for replying.

1. Based on RM4000, for D VS1, is the price more affected by the D/E/F or the VS1/VVS1 etc? I choose D, since its colourless. I saw some really cheaper 0.3Carat around RM2000-RM3000, it may due to lower clarity?

2. So are you saying that for Platinum setting ring in malaysia its around RM3000++ price? Or should I go for a 18k white gold instead? Is it worth it to actually pay RM3000+ for the platinum setting since it won't fade colour and more rare.

Yes, its Estrella diamond from D&P.
kambingkoh
post Feb 25 2018, 02:16 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Alberttks @ Feb 24 2018, 10:57 PM)
Thanks for replying.

1. Based on RM4000, for D VS1, is the price more affected by the D/E/F or the VS1/VVS1 etc? I choose D, since its colourless. I saw some really cheaper 0.3Carat around RM2000-RM3000, it may due to lower clarity?

2. So are you saying that for Platinum setting ring in malaysia its around RM3000++ price? Or should I go for a 18k white gold instead? Is it worth it to actually pay RM3000+ for the platinum setting since it won't fade colour and more rare.

Yes, its Estrella diamond from D&P.
1. Other than the colour and clarity factor, the cut quality is also one of the main factor determining the price. The "Cut" I mentioned here is not the typical Triple Excellent's Cut, but it is the optical precision of the diamond - How well the hearts and arrows can form. Also, the proportions of the diamond is also a main factor. The non-borderline Triple Excellent will usually be more expensive compared to borderline ones because the non-borderline ones are at the center and considered to be the best diamonds with optimal performance.

I can get relatively cheap 0.3ct GIA Triple Excellent from Zoara - http://www.zoara.com/#/a_aid=myengringexp (affiliate link) if I just want a GIA Triple Excellent without looking into its optical precision. Zoara can provide the actual diamond image to let you know how well the arrows are formed. However, they won't provide you the hearts image, IdealScope image, and the ASET image. However, based on the proportions and using tools like HCA, we can still filter out some better diamonds that are good enough. Just that we won't know 100% how well the diamond is cut and how good is the light return, unlike what vendors such as WhiteFlash or Brian Gavin Diamonds can offer. Anyway, this is just a give and take situation.

2. RM 3000 is just my own estimate. I predict that it already has some extra buffer in terms of price (I could be wrong though). For the exact price, it will be best to check with jewelers such as Memory Jewellery or iDo Jewellery.

Usually, when you buy both the diamond and the ring setting together, the ring setting will "seem" cheaper. This is because the price of the diamond has already cover for the earnings of the vendor. However, if you bring in loose diamond, the vendor will not be able to earn from the loose diamond itself, therefore, the ring setting will be more expensive.

Worth to pay RM 3000 or not - Each has his/her own view on this. Personally, I would rather spend on a larger carat diamond. RM 7900 can land be a 0.4x ct E VS1 Hearts & Arrows diamond on a 4-prong simple solitaire 18k white gold ring setting already. I can always redo the casing when I feel that it is no longer nice or maybe upgrade it to a nicer casing in the future. Anyway, just my opinion, platinum 950 does give a very nice solid feel to be honest, so you have to think about it - try to think what you other half will like.
Alberttks
post Feb 25 2018, 10:33 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(kambingkoh @ Feb 25 2018, 02:16 AM)
1. Other than the colour and clarity factor, the cut quality is also one of the main factor determining the price. The "Cut" I mentioned here is not the typical Triple Excellent's Cut, but it is the optical precision of the diamond - How well the hearts and arrows can form. Also, the proportions of the diamond is also a main factor. The non-borderline Triple Excellent will usually be more expensive compared to borderline ones because the non-borderline ones are at the center and considered to be the best diamonds with optimal performance.

I can get relatively cheap 0.3ct GIA Triple Excellent from Zoara - http://www.zoara.com/#/a_aid=myengringexp (affiliate link) if I just want a GIA Triple Excellent without looking into its optical precision. Zoara can provide the actual diamond image to let you know how well the arrows are formed. However, they won't provide you the hearts image, IdealScope image, and the ASET image. However, based on the proportions and using tools like HCA, we can still filter out some better diamonds that are good enough. Just that we won't know 100% how well the diamond is cut and how good is the light return, unlike what vendors such as WhiteFlash or Brian Gavin Diamonds can offer. Anyway, this is just a give and take situation.

2. RM 3000 is just my own estimate. I predict that it already has some extra buffer in terms of price (I could be wrong though). For the exact price, it will be best to check with jewelers such as Memory Jewellery or iDo Jewellery.

Usually, when you buy both the diamond and the ring setting together, the ring setting will "seem" cheaper. This is because the price of the diamond has already cover for the earnings of the vendor. However, if you bring in loose diamond, the vendor will not be able to earn from the loose diamond itself, therefore, the ring setting will be more expensive.

Worth to pay RM 3000 or not - Each has his/her own view on this. Personally, I would rather spend on a larger carat diamond. RM 7900 can land be a 0.4x ct E VS1 Hearts & Arrows diamond on a 4-prong simple solitaire 18k white gold ring setting already. I can always redo the casing when I feel that it is no longer nice or maybe upgrade it to a nicer casing in the future. Anyway, just my opinion, platinum 950 does give a very nice solid feel to be honest, so you have to think about it - try to think what you other half will like.
Thanks! Will consider the link and check it out too.

Yes I would prefer a Platinum ring instead of 18K white gold. As long it makes her happy down the years!
kambingkoh
post Feb 25 2018, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(Alberttks @ Feb 25 2018, 10:33 AM)
Thanks! Will consider the link and check it out too.

Yes I would prefer a Platinum ring instead of 18K white gold. As long it makes her happy down the years!
Sure. Btw, here is my affiliate link for WhiteFlash and Brian Gavin Diamonds respectively:

https://www.whiteflash.com/?a_aid=myengringexp

https://www.briangavindiamonds.com/?a_aid=myengexp

Thanks.

216 Pages « < 89 90 91 92 93 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0184sec    0.08    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 7th December 2022 - 12:59 AM