This post has been edited by dlct87: Nov 6 2014, 02:12 PM
TSMov_freak
post Nov 6 2014, 12:12 AM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(dlct87 @ Nov 5 2014, 08:22 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

A suggestion would be to spoiler information like that just in case there are still people who had not seen the episode. nod.gif
Kevmeister
post Nov 8 2014, 08:33 PM

22 posts

Episode 3 is out and introduced one of Constantine's off-and-on rival (of sorts).

Loved the build-up so far, Episode 1 hooked me in, Episode 2 was 'meh' at best but Episode 3 managed to slightly intrigue me.

Now, to get the paperback of New 52 and the Vertigo ones ...
briantwj
post Nov 11 2014, 10:54 PM

Pierluigi Collina
3,966 posts

Juz watched latest epi.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I still find Epi 2 the best. laugh.gif Let's see if I can watch the whole season, or will I doze off after few more episode. laugh.gif
TSMov_freak
post Nov 17 2014, 12:38 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

S01E04 A Feast of Friends

For the fans who had asked, what kind of a character is Constantine? Well, I believe this episode answers all... He does anything to resolve the issue.

I would like to add, there is a level of "melancholy" to him and yet he keeps up the good fight...

There are scenes here that make the series Supernatural looks like child's play....

The end scene here is heart wrenching...

So in conclusion, he is a right "b@stard' and as the Americans like to say, "You cannot make an omelette without breaking an egg". I do not accept his methods, and I cannot deny his results.

My Two Sen

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Nov 17 2014, 12:57 PM
briantwj
post Nov 17 2014, 01:11 PM

Pierluigi Collina
3,966 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Nov 17 2014, 12:38 PM)

For the fans who had asked, what kind of a character is Constantine? Well, I believe this episode answers all... He does anything to resolve the issue.

I would like to add, there is a level of "melancholy" to him and yet he keeps up the good fight...

There are scenes here that make the series Supernatural looks like child's play....

So in conclusion, he is a right "b@stard' and as the Americans like to say, "You cannot make an omelette without breaking an egg". I do not accept his methods, and I cannot deny his results.

My Two Sen
tbh, Constantine is getting a bit boring as the episode progresses.

Everytime there'll be 1 demon, then he save d day. doh.gif Shud freshen things up by introducing some bad arse villain imho. hmm.gif
LightningZERO
post Nov 17 2014, 01:28 PM

The Golden Knight
1,683 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Nov 17 2014, 12:38 PM)

My Two Sen
This episode is great. The ending is definitely very sad
6so
post Nov 17 2014, 01:41 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

It's too fluffy for my taste. It started to miss the point on what makes Hellblazer thick. There's a "poignant" sinister reason why those around him dies. Furthermore Manny the irritating angel not quite the substitute recipe to guide or torment John. Read the books as they say for the more meaty experience. Don't think gonna continue watching.
TSMov_freak
post Nov 17 2014, 01:50 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(briantwj @ Nov 17 2014, 01:11 PM)
tbh, Constantine is getting a bit boring as the episode progresses.

Everytime there'll be 1 demon, then he save d day. doh.gif Shud freshen things up by introducing some bad arse villain imho.  hmm.gif
Erm... Did you watched episode 4? I agree with you for episode 3, and have to add 4 is great...
briantwj
post Nov 17 2014, 01:57 PM

Pierluigi Collina
3,966 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Nov 17 2014, 01:50 PM)
Erm... Did you watched episode 4? I agree with you for episode 3, and have to add 4 is great...
To me, the stand out was episode 2 and 4. Yea I watch episode 4. And also advise to others, dun eat while u watch episode 4. tongue.gif

I find it nice to have some humor in episode 4. Like when the kiddo said, mum, why can she get to eat everything. And also the security guard dancing. Really made me lol. laugh.gif

Maybe I shud juz accept the fact that Constantine is not like other superhero series like Arrow and flash. Constantine gotta deal with demons and ghost as he is a master of black arts. bruce.gif
TSMov_freak
post Nov 17 2014, 02:10 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(6so @ Nov 17 2014, 01:41 PM)
It's too fluffy for my taste. It started to miss the point on what makes Hellblazer thick. There's a "poignant" sinister reason why those around him dies. Furthermore Manny the irritating angel not quite the substitute recipe to guide or torment John. Read the books as they say for the more meaty experience. Don't think gonna continue watching.
Aw... And I thought the series just started to pick up it's tempo...

If you watch Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., the first eight episodes were blah... and then the tempo picked up... nod.gif

This post has been edited by Mov_freak: Nov 17 2014, 04:11 PM
6so
post Nov 17 2014, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Nov 17 2014, 03:10 PM)

If you watch Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., the first eight episodes were blah... and them the tempo picked up... nod.gif
Close to a decade following his monthly books,I'm too invested in his character.Gus sacrifice in the tv is chump change to what Constantine capable of in the books when comes to his morality.Literally what you just watched is the very first ark of the books.In the books his character is more like Clive Owen in The Knick rather than Hugh Laurie in House MD for comparison sake.Never watched a single minute of Agents of Shield,so no comment.
rogrog
post Nov 17 2014, 06:44 PM

On my way
635 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Nov 17 2014, 02:10 PM)

If you watch Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., the first eight episodes were blah... and then the tempo picked up... nod.gif
Stop watching after ep6, too boring sweat.gif

SUScheechongfun
post Nov 17 2014, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

I still love the Constantine movie by Keanu Reeves and Rachel Weizs.
CLassic
TSMov_freak
post Nov 17 2014, 07:11 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(rogrog @ Nov 17 2014, 06:44 PM)
Stop watching after ep6, too boring  sweat.gif
If you trust me, I recommend you continue after episode six, because everything exploded after episode 8... Really!!!
TSMov_freak
post Nov 17 2014, 07:12 PM

aka. Nickelodein Weirdo
Group Icon
1,723 posts

QUOTE(cheechongfun @ Nov 17 2014, 06:49 PM)
CLassic
If you watch all four episodes of the Constantine series, you might be surprise, especially episode 4...
Azurues
post Nov 17 2014, 08:49 PM

▲▲▲▲
952 posts

great episode

so i guess we will need sometime before we get to know what happen at Newcastle other than their shite football team laugh.gif
rogrog
post Nov 17 2014, 09:42 PM

On my way
635 posts

QUOTE(cheechongfun @ Nov 17 2014, 06:49 PM)
CLassic
You should watch the series. brows.gif brows.gif

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Nov 17 2014, 07:11 PM)
If you trust me, I recommend you continue after episode six, because everything exploded after episode 8... Really!!!
Guess I need to dl it again sweat.gif
As a non-dc-comic-reader, I find it quite nice the watch *Constantine*. Not sure how the tv series compare to the comic doh.gif

QUOTE(Azurues @ Nov 17 2014, 08:49 PM)
great episode

so i guess we will need sometime before we get to know what happen at Newcastle other than their shite football team laugh.gif
laugh.gif
deathTh3Cannon
post Nov 20 2014, 01:29 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

episode four.. omg.. the final scene.. i cant bear to watch it.. my heart is too weak..
deepan84
post Nov 20 2014, 04:09 PM

White Rider
2,177 posts

QUOTE(Mov_freak @ Nov 17 2014, 07:11 PM)
same here.. i stopped at epi5 coz too boring especially the rship between the guy agent and the girl hacker. irritating. since u said its good, have to look it up again.

on the other hand, Constantine really exceeded my expectations la. its freaking good.

8 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0174sec    0.63    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:05 PM