Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

224 Pages « < 211 212 213 214 215 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Guitar Phreaks Club, I get up and nothin' gets me down...

views

+3kk!
post Sep 30 2019, 03:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(echobrainproject @ Sep 30 2019, 09:38 AM)
saw a photo of Mono guitarist's pedalboard from their recent concert in KL.
Spotted a metal zone. yeap
eh you went for that?

was thinking of going, but then don't have the patience for MONO's stuff

QUOTE(quarantined @ Sep 30 2019, 02:50 PM)
So all the newer headless guitars doesn't require double ball end strings like steinbergs? Never found that out myself
there was a time i dig Mayones when Riverside's Piotr using them..RIP
duno if it applies to all, but the new headless no double ball end

its kinda like a reverse FR, you use an allen key to lock the strings at the back, tune it at the front (like the FR's micro tuners)

quarantined
post Sep 30 2019, 06:07 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

Cool cool.. so whats the general consensus on the Kiesels compared to others?

I went to the Mono gig, thought the new drummer is a great addition. Older songs sounded even better now, wished they played more biggrin.gif
pleasuresaurus
post Oct 1 2019, 09:32 AM

spin spin sugar
2,574 posts

Strandbergs are quite pricey, no doubt. And for that price I'd say a Kiesel Vader's got more attractive finishes n topwood options. But that's the thing la about Kiesel, if urs arrives in working order, all fine and good. But if by some twist o fate its got QC issues and what not, well....I've come across enough forum posts while trawling through the net to make me pause. Even sending the guitar back would cost quite a bit, considering where we are.
quarantined
post Oct 1 2019, 09:53 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Oct 1 2019, 09:32 AM)
Strandbergs are quite pricey, no doubt. And for that price I'd say a Kiesel Vader's got more attractive finishes n topwood options. But that's the thing la about Kiesel, if urs arrives in working order, all fine and good. But if by some twist o fate its got QC issues and what not, well....I've come across enough forum posts while trawling through the net to make me pause. Even sending the guitar back would cost quite a bit, considering where we are.
i see. yeah i've seen those posts around but didn't read through it.. one thing that held me back is the opinion that they're very 'ibanez' like. Don't really like thin necks.
+3kk!
post Oct 1 2019, 12:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

seems like everyone here feels the same about kiesel

the reason i didnt go for them is cause they are like this mass market guitar company but not mass market at the same time.

its kinda hard to pick up mass market guitars blind
pleasuresaurus
post Oct 2 2019, 04:02 PM

spin spin sugar
2,574 posts

[quote=+3kk!,Sep 26 2019, 02:09 PM]
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

NGD

Mayones Hydra Elite 6

Bro, out of curiosity, where did u pick up the Hydra from? Guitarking, Omega Music, Zjon, Djikmans?
+3kk!
post Oct 2 2019, 04:21 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Oct 2 2019, 04:02 PM)

Bro, out of curiosity, where did u pick up the Hydra from? Guitarking, Omega Music, Zjon, Djikmans?
Zjon

he made me an offer i cannot refuse, free shipping

saved 1k on shipping alone

This post has been edited by +3kk!: Oct 2 2019, 04:22 PM
quarantined
post Oct 2 2019, 05:27 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Oct 2 2019, 04:21 PM)
he made me an offer i cannot refuse
THE IRISHMAN HYPE
pleasuresaurus
post Oct 2 2019, 06:23 PM

spin spin sugar
2,574 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Oct 2 2019, 04:21 PM)
Zjon

he made me an offer i cannot refuse, free shipping

saved 1k on shipping alone
Naisssssssss....been eyeing his stock for quite awhile but so far the stars haven't aligned for me quite yet sweat.gif
quarantined
post Oct 9 2019, 10:50 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

Does headless guitars (with sofcase i assume) cater to the size limit for on flight carry ons?
+3kk!
post Oct 9 2019, 11:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Oct 9 2019, 10:50 AM)
Does headless guitars (with sofcase i assume) cater to the size limit for  on flight carry ons?
When i was in BKK, the guy tells me that you can bring it up the plane, most times i think its fine

But when i was flying back on AA, they actually enforced that small carry on baggage size which the headless cant fit lengthwise.

I guess if you are on a full service flight its possible? But I hardly recommend it
pleasuresaurus
post Oct 9 2019, 02:17 PM

spin spin sugar
2,574 posts

This guitar carry onto flight cabin thingie is a bit dicey la when it comes to AA.

Back in 2008 in the days when AA went thru Suvarnabumi, I flew to TH for a show with some friends. We were carrying 1 guitar each (bassist of course with his bass la). Both ways we carried the instruments up into the cabin unmolested sweat.gif . Not only were there no problems, we had actually bought ourselves a guitar each while we were there, and hauled 2 guitars per person on the return flight. We neither prepaid nor were made to pay for additional carry-on luggage weight allowance at all during this trip. All that while managing to chat up some cute border control chicks while we're at it biggrin.gif (confirm chicks, not biawak).

In 2015, I flew out for another show in Hanoi, VN. We had no trouble lugging our stuff onto the flight cabin on the departure flight. However, on the return leg from VN, my bassist sangkut with the AA ground side. They said her gear was heavy/oversized/something la and she had to pay quite a bit of money for it, enough that she had tears in her eyes. The rest of us with guitars were ok somehow, no issues.

I surmise that there is some variance in terms of how this matter of musical instruments is handled by the various AA personnel in different jurisdictions. The way I see it, flying out of MY is usually no problem, perhaps because our end is more lenient maybe? But in other countries, they can be more or less strict. I'd say, better errr on the side of caution la. Buy the additional carry allowance on ur return flight, or dont fly AA on ur return trip.

quarantined
post Oct 10 2019, 09:57 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

somehow im relieved by that.. less GAS for me now biggrin.gif

was interested in some Kiesels, but kind of hampered by their rather clumsy ordering page. they have no options for many basic things but many options for what i dont need/

+3kk! how do you like the wenge neck? does it balance well with the body? man i still havent try any nazguls.. not a big fan of pegasus/sentient though.

+3kk!
post Oct 10 2019, 02:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Oct 10 2019, 09:57 AM)
somehow im relieved by that.. less GAS for me now biggrin.gif

was interested in some Kiesels, but kind of hampered by their rather clumsy ordering page. they have no options for many basic things but  many options for what i dont need/

+3kk! how do you like the wenge neck? does it balance well with the body? man i still havent try any nazguls.. not a big fan of pegasus/sentient though.
Kiesels need to order straight, so no need to worry about airports. Give them an email if you want to order, i read around and sent them a mail when i was looking for a headless, there are tons of other options and stuff that they can make easier.

The neck and the axe is weird, i like it but the more i play it the more strange things i notice. The neck balances damn well but its beefy, it feels bigger than my gibson or hamer. The corners are also not rounded off, which means you kinda need to break in the neck.

The lack of headstock also means that if you do some SRV ish fast slides down the neck, you'd hit that chunk of wood at the back, never occurred to me at all until was playing an SRV lick

the wedge also has bumps on the some parts of the grain, i don't notice it when I'm playing, can't see it either. but i can feel it when i take my finger and run over it. I guess its cause its unfinished (you see the pores of the wood) but if someone is picky i think look for one that has not that much grain.

The unfinished nature without binding also means its more subject to humidity, my frets ends got sunken in a bit as the fretboard expanded. Its not entirely unexpected and will go away in time, but yea, go for glossy finishes if you dont like it.

well if you dont like the sentient i guess you might not like the nazguls, they seem to be in the same ball park, my neck pup is the sentient, it just sounds darker and flabbier. That being said, i notice this guitar is very very amp picky, it hates the DIezel, might need a change in the cab but of all the amps i have, Mayones + Diezel = no love.

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Oct 9 2019, 02:17 PM)
This guitar carry onto flight cabin thingie is a bit dicey la when it comes to AA.
I think every airline also a bit dicey, sometimes i carry no problem, sometimes they make a fuss. Luckily im just a bedroom warrior so no need to carry guitars around often

This post has been edited by +3kk!: Oct 10 2019, 02:41 PM
light bulb
post Oct 10 2019, 10:06 PM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Sep 18 2019, 03:33 PM)
i think the katana 50 has the added benefit of having a 12" speaker.
Would go for that for a bit extra of 1k.
Bought Blackstar v2 40 instead.
The amp works, but unfortunately I'm getting electric current whenever I touch the guitar string. This is really worrying (and ofcourse dangerous), could it be because of the amp it self or insufficient power source? 🤔 . Here's what the plug looks like,

+3kk!
post Oct 10 2019, 10:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,275 posts

QUOTE(light bulb @ Oct 10 2019, 10:06 PM)
Bought Blackstar v2 40 instead.
The amp works, but unfortunately I'm getting electric current whenever I touch the guitar string. This is really worrying (and ofcourse dangerous), could it be because of the amp it self or insufficient power source? 🤔 . Here's what the plug looks like,

you got no ground, go back to the shop and tell them to give you a proper 3 pin UK plug
light bulb
post Oct 11 2019, 10:32 AM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Oct 10 2019, 10:07 PM)
you got no ground, go back to the shop and tell them to give you a proper 3 pin UK plug
Seems like it. Thanks for pointing out.
pleasuresaurus
post Oct 11 2019, 06:58 PM

spin spin sugar
2,574 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Oct 10 2019, 02:39 PM)
Kiesels need to order straight, so no need to worry about airports. Give them an email if you want to order, i read around and sent them a mail when i was looking for a headless, there are tons of other options and stuff that they can make easier.

The neck and the axe is weird, i like it but the more i play it the more strange things i notice. The neck balances damn well but its beefy, it feels bigger than my gibson or hamer. The corners are also not rounded off, which means you kinda need to break in the neck.

The lack of headstock also means that if you do some SRV ish fast slides down the neck, you'd hit that chunk of wood at the back, never occurred to me at all until was playing an SRV lick

the wedge also has bumps on the some parts of the grain, i don't notice it when I'm playing, can't see it either. but i can feel it when i take my finger and run over it. I guess its cause its unfinished (you see the pores of the wood) but if someone is picky i think look for one that has not that much grain.

The unfinished nature without binding also means its more subject to humidity, my frets ends got sunken in a bit as the fretboard expanded. Its not entirely unexpected and will go away in time, but yea, go for glossy finishes if you dont like it.

well if you dont like the sentient i guess you might not like the nazguls, they seem to be in the same ball park, my neck pup is the sentient, it just sounds darker and flabbier. That being said, i notice this guitar is very very amp picky, it hates the DIezel, might need a change in the cab but of all the amps i have, Mayones + Diezel = no love.
I think every airline also a bit dicey, sometimes i carry no problem, sometimes they make a fuss. Luckily im just a bedroom warrior so no need to carry guitars around often
Actually kan, as long as we're on the subject of flying guitars, aside from detuning strings, wat other thing do ppl think should be done to guitars in preparation for flight?
TSEverdying
post Oct 11 2019, 07:19 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Staff
30,688 posts

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Oct 11 2019, 06:58 PM)
Actually kan, as long as we're on the subject of flying guitars,  aside from detuning strings, wat other thing do ppl think should be done to guitars in preparation for flight?
only travel with a bolt-on...so u can unbolt... tongue.gif
pleasuresaurus
post Oct 12 2019, 10:47 AM

spin spin sugar
2,574 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Oct 11 2019, 07:19 PM)
only travel with a bolt-on...so u can unbolt... tongue.gif
Gotta check with AA if I can fit a guitar tech in the overhead as well 😅

224 Pages « < 211 212 213 214 215 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0353sec    0.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:53 AM