Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> LYN Guitar Phreaks Club, RIP Malcolm Young

views

TSEverdying
post Sep 20 2019, 06:42 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
30,354 posts

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Sep 20 2019, 12:50 PM)
Man, I miss the good old days when life was so much simpler and Boss Metal Zone was like THE be-all, end-all solution to sounding like a bad ass  biggrin.gif Thinking back, I actually feel rather embarrassed about it hahaha #noob #innocence
how can u say no to that 3-band eq with parametric mid sweep? tongue.gif
just that time everyone crazy trying to do metallica tone with scooped V shit...
its too bad the black album didnt come out earlier...then maybe ppl would try to emulate that instead and maybe then learn to use the metal zone properly cool2.gif
+3kk!
post Sep 20 2019, 09:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,159 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Sep 20 2019, 04:57 PM)
Why the sudden nostalgia? biggrin.gif
we should all start building a nostalgia rig

line 6 spider with MT2 FTW
pleasuresaurus
post Sep 21 2019, 11:43 PM

spin spin sugar
2,199 posts

Hahahaha memang nostalgia weiiiiiii..... Days when I was trying to play Langsuir and Cromok on an old Peavey ripoff of a Fender strat (Raptor I think it was called) through a TransTube 1x10 and thinking that I was heavy af 🤣🤣🤣 That hits right in the feels man!
quarantined
post Sep 22 2019, 03:14 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,142 posts

miss the days when gigs are more loose and fun and use real mf loud tube amps..

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Sep 20 2019, 09:37 PM)
we should all start building a nostalgia rig

line 6 spider with MT2 FTW
Pacifica strat > Zoom505 > Peavey, with zero gear knowledge, everything sounds like shit

and i was so eyeing for that vavletronix.. till now havent tried it

+3kk!
post Sep 23 2019, 10:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,159 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Sep 22 2019, 03:14 PM)
miss the days when gigs are more loose and fun and use real mf loud tube amps..
Pacifica strat > Zoom505 > Peavey, with zero gear knowledge, everything sounds like shit

and i was so eyeing for that vavletronix.. till now havent tried it
lol mine was a Prince amp with a prince guitar that would short circuit the house if i kicekd it the wrong way

it was amazing that i didnt die of electrocution
quarantined
post Sep 24 2019, 09:49 AM

Create Not Imitate
3,142 posts

lol before i had my rig i often play on a friends squier into a jazzchorus that would friggin shock me once in a while

still remember that cursed black strat.. i switch to bass afterwards biggrin.gif

pleasuresaurus
post Sep 24 2019, 01:03 PM

spin spin sugar
2,199 posts

Speaking of electric shenanigans, i had this busted adapter once upon a time, took it for one of my earliest gigs. Dengan bangganya set up my rig, plugged in my zoom 3000, flipped the switch and took out the whole damned stage with me sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif man, buggers were pissed! In hindsight, the venue had some pretty shitty adhoc wiring that should have shouldered the brunt of the fault. But man, thinking back the next bands were panicking and groaning and bitching, man, that was hilarious tongue.gif
quarantined
post Sep 25 2019, 04:33 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,142 posts

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Sep 24 2019, 01:03 PM)
Speaking of electric shenanigans, i had this busted adapter once upon a time, took it for one of my earliest gigs. Dengan bangganya set up my rig, plugged in my zoom 3000, flipped the switch and took out the whole damned stage with me  sweat.gif  sweat.gif  sweat.gif man, buggers were pissed! In hindsight, the venue had some pretty shitty adhoc wiring that should have shouldered the brunt of the fault. But man, thinking back the next bands were panicking and groaning and bitching, man,  that was hilarious  tongue.gif
is it your adapter or someones sabotage

must be quite an event LOL
+3kk!
post Sep 25 2019, 04:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,159 posts

on another note, going to have an NGD soon

damn thing having euro trip in france
quarantined
post Sep 26 2019, 12:36 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,142 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Sep 25 2019, 04:56 PM)

going to? what you're eyeing this time? biggrin.gif
ariffdude
post Sep 26 2019, 01:20 PM

On my way
597 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Sep 25 2019, 04:56 PM)

France? Vigier la apa lagi.

user posted image
+3kk!
post Sep 26 2019, 02:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,159 posts

user posted image

NGD

Mayones Hydra Elite 6

This post has been edited by +3kk!: Sep 26 2019, 02:09 PM
pleasuresaurus
post Sep 26 2019, 06:13 PM

spin spin sugar
2,199 posts

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Sep 26 2019, 02:09 PM)
user posted image

NGD

Mayones Hydra Elite 6
Wau!! Never really expected anybody else in here to get onto the #Mayones bandwagon besides me and @regiuseven. And even he is selling his off. Naissss...aku pulak yg terlebih excited sweat.gif
pleasuresaurus
post Sep 26 2019, 06:16 PM

spin spin sugar
2,199 posts

QUOTE(quarantined @ Sep 25 2019, 04:33 PM)
is it your adapter or someones sabotage

must be quite an event LOL
u know, u actually might be onto something...never thought of that hmm.gif
+3kk!
post Sep 27 2019, 04:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,159 posts

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Sep 26 2019, 06:13 PM)
Wau!! Never really expected anybody else in here to get onto the #Mayones bandwagon besides me and @regiuseven. And even he is selling his off. Naissss...aku pulak yg terlebih excited  sweat.gif
i wanted a headless, but hated the strandberg, kiesel was order only and kinda iffy, then was in BKK a week or so ago, had a look at it and thought it was not too bad, but the weak RM made me not buy it there and then

lucky tho, AA was strictly checking luggage size on the flight home

eh dont sell the Mayones, the first gen was the cheapest IIRC, thats before they went full on with them fancy stuff, i think a used Mayones also its about 6k-7k if bought on reverb

Their prices been going up year on year i noticed, then their product lines got more "upgrades"
pleasuresaurus
post Sep 28 2019, 09:48 AM

spin spin sugar
2,199 posts

Stringsshop is a nice place to kill time isn't it? Now that is a fun guitar shop to tinker around in. How'd u like the nazgul/sentient pup sound?

What is it about the strandberg u dont like though? Looks? Ergonomics? I'never tried one but always thought it was supposed to be like some gempak stuff all the way down to the multiscale, weird neck contour and pups and all - a solid working guitarists guitar, kinda like the PRS CE. Kiesel is....well, Kiesel la 😅

My Setius isnt a first gen, but yeah back then it was priced ok. Plus I got it at a time our currency was relatively strong so didnt hurt as much. I dont think I'll be selling it anytime soon, I've sold off everything else n now its the only working 6 string I have left 😅

This post has been edited by pleasuresaurus: Sep 28 2019, 09:49 AM
TSEverdying
post Sep 28 2019, 12:29 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
30,354 posts

speaking of the metal zone again...look what article appeared in the latest Total Guitar magazine... cool2.gif

as expected, they also agree noobs who dunno how to eq will complain about it tongue.gif

Attached Image
+3kk!
post Sep 28 2019, 01:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,159 posts

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Sep 28 2019, 09:48 AM)
Stringsshop is a nice place to kill time isn't it? Now that is a fun guitar shop to tinker around in. How'd u like the nazgul/sentient pup sound?

What is it about the strandberg u dont like though? Looks? Ergonomics? I'never tried one but always thought it was supposed to be like some gempak stuff all the way down to the multiscale, weird neck contour and pups and all - a solid working guitarists guitar, kinda like the PRS CE. Kiesel is....well, Kiesel la 😅

My Setius isnt a first gen, but yeah back then it was priced ok. Plus I got it at a time our currency was relatively strong so didnt hurt as much. I dont think I'll be selling it anytime soon, I've sold off everything else n now its the only working 6 string I have left 😅
yup nice place to kill, bad for GAS.

not sure if its the nazgul but the axe has a very bright "hi-def" sound, might be due to the frets cause i notice SS fret guitar tend to have that character. Ive not tried it on high gain tho cant tell much about that yet

Strandberg has the best Ergonomics in a guitar ive ever played. Hated everything else, the neck is awkward , one might argue you have to get used to it, but i cant imagine pulling a 2 stop bend with that thing in my hands.

The other thing is it feels cheap, its rather "squarish", the neck has angles, the body is not carved with rounded edges. The finish is not something that stands out. The wood they use also tends to not be "matched" nicely, like you can see the clear line and different grain patterns in the guitar below

user posted image

Personally the biggest reason i hate it is the price, the strandberg boden with similar specs made in indonesia costs like 2.1k Usd, My guitar costs 2.5k usd. If its 3k -5k RM , i would sing more praise, but not for nearly RM10k.

lol dont think you should ever sell it, but yea the prices now are kinda high, only got this cause the seller agreed to free shipping from EU.

This post has been edited by +3kk!: Sep 28 2019, 01:29 PM
echobrainproject
post Sep 30 2019, 09:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
4,764 posts

QUOTE(Everdying @ Sep 28 2019, 12:29 PM)
speaking of the metal zone again...look what article appeared in the latest Total Guitar magazine...  cool2.gif

as expected, they also agree noobs who dunno how to eq will complain about it tongue.gif

Attached Image
saw a photo of Mono guitarist's pedalboard from their recent concert in KL.
Spotted a metal zone. yeap
quarantined
post Sep 30 2019, 02:50 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,142 posts

So all the newer headless guitars doesn't require double ball end strings like steinbergs? Never found that out myself

QUOTE(pleasuresaurus @ Sep 26 2019, 06:13 PM)
Wau!! Never really expected anybody else in here to get onto the #Mayones bandwagon besides me and @regiuseven. And even he is selling his off. Naissss...aku pulak yg terlebih excited  sweat.gif
there was a time i dig Mayones when Riverside's Piotr using them..RIP

214 Pages « < 210 211 212 213 214 >Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0530sec    1.45    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 10:57 AM