> LYN Guitar Phreaks Club, RIP Malcolm Young

Everdying
post Oct 12 2018, 01:16 PM

Two is One and One is None.
Group Icon
Group: Moderator

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Oct 12 2018, 01:13 PM)
Mine is a solid,

Not sure if they are still making my model, it's one of the rare solid top falcons, the rest are laminates.
so did u buy it cos its a solid top? tongue.gif
+3kk!
post Oct 12 2018, 02:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Everdying @ Oct 12 2018, 01:16 PM)
so did u buy it cos its a solid top? tongue.gif
nope, i wanted the laminate 59' for the bigsby

but mine was the only one available so had to settle with it
quarantined
post Oct 12 2018, 03:13 PM

Create Not Imitate

https://www.guitarplayer.com/technique/what...ed-guitar-woods

Ron Thorn sums it up: “The Electric Spanish guitar’s airy vocal ‘cluck’ seems to only be obtainable through laminated builds. In addition, their reluctance to reach the ‘non-musical’ undesirable feedback point is usually a welcome feature. Stability-wise, cross-grained ply glue-ups formed into an arch yield a very strong result."

I'm a believer in terms of having laminates on a 335, also i prefer round lams in fender boards.
+3kk!
post Oct 16 2018, 02:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(quarantined @ Oct 12 2018, 03:13 PM)
https://www.guitarplayer.com/technique/what...ed-guitar-woods

Ron Thorn sums it up: “The Electric Spanish guitar’s airy vocal ‘cluck’ seems to only be obtainable through laminated builds. In addition, their reluctance to reach the ‘non-musical’ undesirable feedback point is usually a welcome feature. Stability-wise, cross-grained ply glue-ups formed into an arch yield a very strong result."

I'm a believer in terms of having laminates on a 335, also i prefer round lams in fender boards.
odd that he associates that to the laminates, dont think you get some of that ES's sound in other guitar brands. Maybe its unique to gibson

quarantined
post Yesterday, 11:58 AM

Create Not Imitate

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Oct 16 2018, 02:18 PM)
odd that he associates that to the laminates, dont think you get some of that ES's sound in other guitar brands. Maybe its unique to gibson
Just to point out that laminates have it s place, although tbh I didn't try enough to judge. tongue.gif

But you're right about 335 has its own thing going, Collings semis never sounded the same to me. And all those smaller semi bodies like 339, never sounded any where near.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0617sec    4.73    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th October 2018 - 10:21 PM