Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> changing and looping new wall socket, help me master

slap2begin
post May 3 2014, 04:32 PM, updated 4y ago

Casual
Group: Junior Member

hi

my wall socket already melt when im using 1hp aircond.. why this thing happen ar rclxub.gif

i want to change the new wall socket... but the problem is wall housing already broken lor...so cant screw tight...

and how to loop ? cause i want to make it two...seperate..1 for aircond and another 1 for pc..

cause before this if i share aircond and pc the wall socket make bzzzzz sounds

and last what is the total price shud i spent to buy all the things.. icon_question.gif

Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

This post has been edited by slap2begin: May 3 2014, 04:33 PM
supersound
post May 3 2014, 04:38 PM

10k Club
Group: Senior Member

Air cond shall be using dedicated plug point(or more precise 1 fuse for air cond)
It shall not be shared.
slap2begin
post May 3 2014, 04:41 PM

Casual

QUOTE(supersound @ May 3 2014, 04:38 PM)
Air cond shall be using dedicated plug point(or more precise 1 fuse for air cond)
It shall not be shared.
so i should loop ? to make another point ?
supersound
post May 3 2014, 04:43 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(slap2begin @ May 3 2014, 04:41 PM)
so i should loop ? to make another point ?
Nope thumbup.gif
But if you want the same sheet to happen again, can always loop it.
slap2begin
post May 3 2014, 04:49 PM

Casual

QUOTE(supersound @ May 3 2014, 04:43 PM)
Nope thumbup.gif
But if you want the same sheet to happen again, can always loop it.
if i cant loop then i need to make a new wiring from db to make plug point ? sorry im too slow.. need good explanation

btw just now wire man came to my house and asking for rm150

he said he will loop another point for aircond and change the melt wall point

This post has been edited by slap2begin: May 3 2014, 04:50 PM
petlu28
post May 3 2014, 05:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!

Normally aircond & water heater direct from db box. Don't looping later your house fire.

QUOTE(slap2begin @ May 3 2014, 04:49 PM)
if i cant loop then i need to make a new wiring from db to make plug point ? sorry im too slow.. need good explanation

slap2begin
post May 3 2014, 05:29 PM

Casual

QUOTE(petlu28 @ May 3 2014, 05:23 PM)
Normally aircond & water heater direct from db box. Don't looping later your house fire.
user posted image

What about i change to higher mcb amp?? currently the mcb only use for 2 points...

This post has been edited by slap2begin: May 3 2014, 05:42 PM
MonsterPips
post May 3 2014, 05:53 PM

Casual

risky on lower amp appliances if you decide to use higher fuse
slap2begin
post May 3 2014, 06:02 PM

Casual

QUOTE(MonsterPips @ May 3 2014, 05:53 PM)
risky on lower amp appliances if you decide to use higher fuse
Is it possible the aircond plug wire not thick enough and melting on my wall plug point? Cause my mcb not tendang thats mean no overload current right?

This post has been edited by slap2begin: May 3 2014, 06:04 PM
MonsterPips
post May 3 2014, 06:27 PM

Casual

maybe.cable also has current limit
ozak
post May 3 2014, 06:40 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(slap2begin @ May 3 2014, 04:32 PM)
hi

my wall socket already melt when im using 1hp aircond.. why this thing happen ar  rclxub.gif
i want to change the new wall socket... but the problem is wall housing already broken lor...so cant screw tight...

and how to loop ?  cause i want to make it two...seperate..1 for aircond and another 1 for pc..
cause before this if i share aircond and pc the wall socket make bzzzzz sounds
and last what is the total price shud i spent to buy all the things.. icon_question.gif
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
It look like some loose contact and the heat fuse the socket and the plug pin. It also melt the plug and the plug hole loose. Once you pull the plug out, the pin remain at the socket.

The bzzzz sound is the loose contact sound. Where the spark jump to each other contact. This spark produce heat.

It is not advise to always plug and unplug the aircon to share. The contact will loose in 1 day and result is like your picture.

If you want to share, the condition is, the sharing equipment is not high power usage. Anything cannot be over 1500w. Aircon + equipment cannot be over 2kw for long running.

Than to loop it for aircon, Don't use plug and wall socket. Use the 20A switch. Main wire must go to 20A switch first. Than loop another pair of wire to the wall socket.
slap2begin
post May 3 2014, 07:15 PM

Casual

QUOTE(ozak @ May 3 2014, 06:40 PM)
It look like some loose contact and the heat fuse the socket and the plug pin. It also melt the plug and the plug hole loose. Once you pull the plug out, the pin remain at the socket.

The bzzzz sound is the loose contact sound. Where the spark jump to each other contact. This spark produce heat.

It is not advise to always plug and unplug the aircon to share. The contact will loose in 1 day and result is like your picture.

If you want to share, the condition is, the sharing equipment is not high power usage. Anything cannot be over 1500w. Aircon + equipment cannot be over 2kw for long running.

Than to loop it for aircon, Don't use plug and wall socket. Use the 20A switch. Main wire must go to 20A switch first. Than loop another pair of wire to the wall socket.
There have two socket that share 1 mcb.. 1st the one that melted and 2nd one is still ok cause not using aircond..

Then i make and experiment..i took long extension and put the plug on the 2nd socket the buzz sound appear..but not open aircond..

Then i put it on another socket different mcb the bzzz sound dissappear..

Why huh?

jex-koi
post May 3 2014, 07:16 PM

Getting Started

Bro,

You shouldn't use aircon + PC on the same socket (unless your PC has protection like a voltage stabilizer / UPS ). The aircon motor generates a lot of interference and can damage the PC.

Don't always plug in-out the aircon plug. It should be always be connected to a double pole switch (same like water heater switch).

Just change the wall power socket yourself (< RM5) and add in the double-pole switch (< RM15). No need to re-wire if the wire isn't damage.
slap2begin
post May 3 2014, 07:17 PM

Casual

QUOTE(slap2begin @ May 3 2014, 07:15 PM)
There have two socket that share 1 mcb.. 1st the one that melted and 2nd one is still ok cause not using aircond..

Then i make and experiment..i took long extension and put the plug on the 2nd socket the buzz sound appear..not using aircond..just pc alone..

Then i put it on another socket different mcb the bzzz sound  dissappear..

Why huh?
slap2begin
post May 3 2014, 07:20 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jex-koi @ May 3 2014, 07:16 PM)
Bro,

You shouldn't use aircon + PC on the same socket (unless your PC has protection like a voltage stabilizer / UPS ). The aircon motor generates a lot of interference and can damage the PC.

Don't always plug in-out the aircon plug. It should be always be connected to a double pole switch (same like water heater switch).

Just change the wall power socket yourself (< RM5) and add in the double-pole switch (< RM15). No need to re-wire if the wire isn't damage.
So i need to loop for double pole? U got pic for double pole switch?? Btw when the plug melted i only use aircond..not sharing the socket with pc + aircond since the scary bzzz sound

This post has been edited by slap2begin: May 3 2014, 07:22 PM
jex-koi
post May 3 2014, 07:26 PM

Getting Started

You can check this catalog out, and buy from your local electrical shop. there are many choices, but this is what I use as it is value for money IMHO.

http://www.clipsal.com.pk/Broucher/Vivace1.pdf

your mcb looks old too, and i guess it is >5 years old. I would suggest you stock up on some good mcb, like ABB brand.

edit : By the way, the aircon was not fitted correctly. It should have a double-pole switch fitted to it (i know a lot of aircon installers will ask you to pay more for it). In this case, i would also check to ensure the aircon power cable used is at least 70/ (you can see this number on the cable). If you are using a 'china' power cable, then should be at least 80/ as they tend to mix the cable material.

This post has been edited by jex-koi: May 3 2014, 07:34 PM
slap2begin
post May 3 2014, 07:41 PM

Casual

QUOTE(jex-koi @ May 3 2014, 07:26 PM)
You can check this catalog out, and buy from your local electrical shop. there are many choices, but this is what I use as it is value for money IMHO.

http://www.clipsal.com.pk/Broucher/Vivace1.pdf
your mcb looks old too, and i guess it is >5 years old. I would suggest you stock up on some good mcb, like ABB brand.
edit : By the way, the aircon was not fitted correctly. It should have a double-pole switch fitted to it (i know a lot of aircon installers will ask you to pay more for it). In this case, i would also check to ensure the aircon power cable used is at least 70/ (you can see this number on the cable). If you are using a 'china' power cable, then should be at least 80/ as they tend to mix the cable material.
So i change the socket with double pole then loop it to make new socket for pc? Is it right? Can u tell me how to loop?picture?
jex-koi
post May 3 2014, 07:48 PM

Getting Started

No change the wall socket with double-pole switch, but to ADD a double-pole switch for the aircon.

This is what i recommend :

1) Install the double-pole switch near the aircon. So the aircon power cable will be connected to this switch.
2) Add wire (use 70/ or higher) from power socket to double-pole switch. Remember to connect the ground, as most electricians do not do it.
3) Replace the wall-power socket

If you are unsure, best to get an electrician to do it ($ again), as this involves electricity and may cause fire if done incorrectly.
supersound
post May 3 2014, 08:08 PM

10k Club

QUOTE(slap2begin @ May 3 2014, 04:49 PM)

Yes, you need a new wire from distribution box for the air cond.
That one melted can use back use back for your PC.
slap2begin
post May 3 2014, 08:11 PM

Casual

Wah..need to do new for double pole switch wiring ka? The db box so far away ar...

8 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0887sec    3.85    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th January 2018 - 07:52 AM