Guide To Identified Fake & Ori Memory, All Brands & Pic Comparison
|Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll|
Jul 1 2007, 07:54 PM
Joined: Sep 2006
can u tell more about the micro Sd or call as trans Flash
Added on July 1, 2007, 8:04 pmhey guess what M2 aslo got fake one la!
Added on July 1, 2007, 8:09 pmi think u guys must take a look at this :-
COMMON counterfeit brands found
SanDisk - Cruzer Mini (SDCZ2) or Cruzer Micro (SDCZ4).
- Most fake SanDisk display the capacity as 'G' instead of 'GB' on the item and packaging.
FAKE SanDisk Cruzer USB Flash Drives Exposed
FAKE SanDisk Extreme Compact Flash Cards Exposed
FAKE SanDisk Ultra Compact Flash Cards Exposed
FAKE SanDisk Ultra Secure Digital Cards Exposed
Sony - Micro Vault.
- Counterfeit Sony Micro Vault does not bundle with software such as 'Virtual Expander'.
- Most fake Sony display the capacity as 'G' instead of 'GB' on the item and packaging.
- All Sony Vaio USB Flash drives available on eBay are counterfeit as 'Vaio' refers to Sony proprietary branding reserve for Sony notebook series only.
- All Sony 8GB USB Flash drives on eBay are also counterfeit.
FAKE Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo MagicGate Cards Exposed
FAKE Sony Micro Vault USB Flash Drives (Exposing soon!!!)
Kingston - Data Traveller I & II.
- Counterfeit Kingston does not bundle with software such as 'Migo'.
- A well-known counterfeit Kingston Data Traveller with an identical serial number appearing across all 4GB (white body with black handle) and 8GB (white body with orange handle) versions at the back of its retail packaging, SN: TCO7773-00156959, LK: A510M1D-5380562U. On the side of the item it may have some small printing showing 'DTI', 'KF08 1 9 0 5 5V' and '5262-014.AOOLF CHINA'.
- All Kingston 8GB USB Flash drives on eBay are counterfeit.
Imation - Swivel & Mini.
- Counterfeit Imation does not bundle with software such as 'Imation Flash Manager'.
BenQ, Dane-Elec, Hyundai, Laser, LG, Toshiba, Transcend, TwinMOS.
No Name or Unpopular Brand.
A very high percentage of the counterfeit flash memories are using Hyperstone and iCreate memory controllers, instead of the original manufacturer's own memory controller!
and one more!!
The fake will deceive you by displaying the 'false/oversize' capacity when you connect it to your PC, however they will NOT be able to store the data to the stated capacity.
So you MUST perform data test by writing a BIG (1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB) file to the usb drive, then READ back the same file from the usb drive to another location on your PC to compare. The READ back process is the only proven way to uncover its 'REAL' capacity.
A genuine USB flash drive will complete data transfer of a single 1GB file anywhere from 50 to 180 seconds writing to. Usually the writing time is twice as long as the reading time.
The fake will take an excessively long time (1 to 7 hours) only 'pretending' writing but the data was not actually being written. Hence when you try to read it back, it will claim data as being CORRUPT. Many have reported that many strange files/folders eg. 00000.000 will appear and you cannot delete them.
The fake flash drives are usually shipped out from ASIA especially from China, Hong Kong, Korea or Singapore, and they are also listed on Australian, UK, USA and European's eBay.
The counterfeit model cannot be located or matched with any genuine models on the manufacturer's web site.
Counterfeit 'USB Flash Drive / Compact Flash / Secure Digital / Memory Stick' are flooding the eBay market at very low Buy-It-Now (too good to be true) price to make you think is an absolute BARGAIN.
This post has been edited by johnkor: Jul 1 2007, 08:09 PM
|Switch to:|| 0.0200sec
Time is now: 4th April 2020 - 04:23 AM