Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

RSS feedBump TopicReply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Reason for Leaving Current Employment

Silveru
post Jul 31 2006, 02:15 PM

Group: Junior Member

Recently, I see many job applications which requires you to state reasons for leaving your current and previous employment. Guessed its probably due to job hopping which has become rather rampant these days. I'm having problems writing that as I couldn't quite express myself. Hope to get some help out. My scenario are as follows: -

Joined company A in Sep 04. Before joining company A, went for an interview with company B. No reply from company B (broker) so started working with company A. Company A offers a sales job and I really learned a lot there. Afterall, many jobs required good interpersonal skills and that really beefed my interpersonal skills. However, I knew I'll not stay there for long.

May 05, out of the blues company B called me. Apparently, there were some internal conflicts and they needed someone urgent. Salary was bad as I was getting at least RM 1k lesser than company A. I didn't quite compare as company A is commission based. Moreover, I felt company B could give me a very valuable experience hence, here I am in company B.

When I joined my new employment, all the senior staff left. We only had one experienced staff which was also new to the company. Hence, my learning curve with my current company was very steep. Given the things I was doing, one needs to have at least 1-2 years experience to perform but I had less than a month to go through everything. Its been a year and I really feel I should move on to the next level. Reason being, I feel growth in the current industry is rather limited unless you turned into a commission broker which I have no intention to do so.

How should I state these out? I'm not in a hurry to leave my current employment. However, if there's a good opportunity, I'd want to grab it.

My question is, how should I state the reasons for me leaving the previous employment and why I intend to leave my current one (although I'm not desparate to do so). Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you biggrin.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
g00glesYYl
post Jul 31 2006, 02:59 PM

Prince Onboard
Group: Senior Member

can "personal reason" solve this??
+Quote Post
narf03
post Jul 31 2006, 05:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!

salary = sad.gif
boss = doh.gif
traffic = rclxub.gif
leng lui = shakehead.gif
5.00 oclock = rclxm9.gif
other company = drool.gif
after resign = rclxms.gif
+Quote Post
Ray_1882
post Jul 31 2006, 05:21 PM

Getting Started

simple answer: No SUIT...
+Quote Post
afrodeity
post Jul 31 2006, 05:31 PM

Getting Started

1) career advancement
2) better challenges, job satisfaction

it also depends on whether you're job hopping to a company in the same industry as your current company. It's easier to give reasons if you're going to a different industry.

+Quote Post
narf03
post Jul 31 2006, 05:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!

if you want your boss stop asking, just say

"boss like sh1+"
+Quote Post
Silveru
post Jul 31 2006, 05:47 PM

QUOTE(afrodeity @ Jul 31 2006, 05:31 PM)
1) career advancement
2) better challenges, job satisfaction

it also depends on whether you're job hopping to a company in the same industry as your current company. It's easier to give reasons if you're going to a different industry.
Its still under finance but different line. I don't think I can can quote those in my resume although those are the reasons for me leaving.

This post has been edited by Silveru: Jul 31 2006, 05:50 PM
+Quote Post
Brotherjoe
post Jul 31 2006, 05:52 PM

Regular

Reason.. "I always want to treat boss fried salted fish and stew mushroom. Now this is the oppurtunity to do so.." tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Brotherjoe: Jul 31 2006, 05:52 PM
+Quote Post
tomato_gal
post Aug 16 2006, 11:12 AM

Another question i would like to ask. What if during interview? When the interviewer ask you why you want to leave your current company? What would you respond?
+Quote Post
goliath
post Aug 16 2006, 11:20 AM

Give your honest answer. However, there's fine line between honesty and criticising the current company.
+Quote Post
tomato_gal
post Aug 16 2006, 11:57 AM

any example on how to say?
Normally i will say to have better career, more challenging job and gain more experience. But i dont think is good. Coz the new company will think wat if i work here will get bore if no exp gain and job not challagening and nothing to learn?
+Quote Post
goliath
post Aug 16 2006, 12:04 PM

^ I guess that is sufficient.
+Quote Post
sochams
post Aug 16 2006, 02:25 PM

QUOTE(tomato_gal @ Aug 16 2006, 11:57 AM)
Normally i will say to have better career, more challenging job and gain more experience. But i dont think is good. Coz the new company will think wat if i work here will get bore if no exp gain and job not challagening and nothing to learn?
then the company is at fault for not providing a challenging enough environment for you to work in.. tongue.gif

but the company can think whatever they want, and will think whatever they want, what you'll need to do is to be confident and show them you're worth to hire.
+Quote Post
lms2005
post Aug 16 2006, 04:19 PM

Regular

Why you wanna change job? of course better income, better office. Why they ask stupid question? unless u hv been fired biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
nyprinz83
post Aug 16 2006, 04:53 PM

Casual

QUOTE(tomato_gal @ Aug 16 2006, 11:57 AM)
I think your answer is valid and good enough because we always want to progress and grow. I'm sure a company would rather hire someone who always wants to improve himself as he would bring more ideas and in return the company benefits as well than one that just stays on for years and years without trying to progress.
+Quote Post
adamisme101
post Apr 28 2013, 05:02 PM

Getting Started

Need more $$$$ due to high cost of living...... anyway to put it in a nicer way... ?
+Quote Post
admin@_@
post Apr 28 2013, 08:53 PM

It should be reasonable answer.. but be honest.
I myself recently was ask those question on my interview.
I told the manager I cant stand the boss attitude, abusive language. And I add on, works is ok for me but with those attitude is not a proper working environment n effect my performance.

Lucky me I was accepted by the company.
+Quote Post

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0836sec    2.77    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 09:20 PM