Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

GaMinG HeadseT Club V2

views

Helldiver
post Apr 25 2014, 01:13 PM

Casual
460 posts

Add me to the list biggrin.gif I using Denon AH-D400

Frankly, the best headphone out there is the one the listener likes best, it could cost RM30 or RM3000, regardless.

Anyway, back to gaming soundstage: Razer's Hammerhead Pro does a good job at it too. tongue.gif
And personally I test gaming headsets with L4D2 and Bioshock Infinite biggrin.gif

Sentinel, add in the Razer at the list for me --forgot earlier haha

Woi, I also used to use Logitech G430 tongue.gif
Helldiver
post Apr 27 2014, 12:48 PM

Casual
460 posts

Nah, drillz of my Hammerhead Pro

user posted image

tongue.gif I wan show off mainstream sikit tongue.gif

And just a short description of the sound:

Music wise: Best way to describe it is that it gives a very warm tone over less BASS-DROP-DESTROY-SHATTER-YOUR-BONES songs, such as vocal-focused songs or ballads; I find it works very well with jazz music, good bass and warm highs and mids. If you listen to EDMs or those very bass heavy songs, prepare Panadol rclxub.gif

Game wise: Soundstage is pretty good to me, (tested with Sudden Attack (free MMOFPS), L4D2 (haven't tried with Razer's Surround Sound software yet) and Bioshock Infinite) I can tell where everything is very well, footsteps, drops, bombs, weapon changing of my opponents, their reloads. For something so small the soundstage is quite impressive rclxms.gif Explosions and all that effects and dialogues also sound very nice on the Hammerhead Pro, as what you would expect: the bass really kicks in the BOOOOOOOOOOOOMS flex.gif

The microphone also works pretty well, but sometimes I make phone calls with my phone people can't hear me quite well; Skype works flawlessly though.

I find its much better sounding that other Razer headphones like the Kraken or Electra. smile.gif

@@ This thread like becoming audiophile thread
Helldiver
post May 13 2014, 08:45 PM

Casual
460 posts

Attached Image

Drillz of my Denon and Steelseries Flux
Helldiver
post May 13 2014, 09:24 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ May 13 2014, 08:51 PM)
Interesting choice, that Denon. Rarely ever come across one. How does it perform compared To your steelseries?
Thanks biggrin.gif

It performs much much better than the Flux lah, the Flux and the Denons have very good soundstages, but the Denon's one is much much wider. cool.gif

The Denons are marketed as "BONE-JARRING BASS" but in fact it's very balanced out to me, the highs and mids all also very the nais and crisp. rclxms.gif
The Flux on the other hand, feels just slightly muddier than the Denon, but still very acceptable, I wouldn't pay RM480 for it though sweat.gif lol --Steelseries always had better audio over other gaming brands apparently.

Other stuff:
The Denon comes with a built in amplifier, microphone and the big knobs act as controls for iOS devices and the cable is removable.
The Flux has two cables, one for PC and one for mobile, both with in-line microphones; you can also swap out the cables, the plates, the ear cushions; can fold for portability --and my favorite feature: Can share audio with a friend if they plug in their earphone to the free jack of the Flux when you're listening to something.

Helldiver
post May 15 2014, 12:26 PM

Casual
460 posts

I propose we have a slightly better strong definition of a gaming headset in front and also a list of different best bang for buck at the budget ranges at the front page...

Mana itu Sentinel92 tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Helldiver: May 15 2014, 12:27 PM
Helldiver
post May 15 2014, 10:35 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ May 15 2014, 01:00 PM)
What definition so you recommend hahahaa. I'm open to anything.

Well, so far for the sub 700 category I can only.think of the Custom ONE Pro. Shall we start a discussion on other price points?

Okay then. Best Gaming Headset under RM250. Go.
Seeing as communication is vital is most games (multiplayer anyways, and almost everyone's playing a multiplayer game nowadays), maybe a gaming headset should have a microphone attached to the headphone or to the headphone's cables?

Still thinking what else would define a gaming headset... hmm.gif

Helldiver
post May 20 2014, 07:41 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ May 20 2014, 06:46 PM)
Marry the HD800, causes she's more.....revealing...about the details. Right?  brows.gif

But seriously can't compare also lah. Totally different sound signatures. Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser can go head to head, but sennheiser always wins in bass department while Beyer is more forward, less laid back and less warm. Audeze and Fostex then yes, AKG against Shure. But otherwise it's all down to sound preferences. You pick a can you like, doesn't mean the other is bad, its just that you prefer your current sound signature.
Like it's often said, the best head/earphone is the one you like the most... be it RM5 or RM500 or RM5000. rclxms.gif
Helldiver
post Jun 4 2014, 01:47 PM

Casual
460 posts

Idk why, but whenever I use gaming-brand earphone/headphone the sure always sure I accidentally pull on it :I But when I use other brands like Sennheiser or Denons it never happens LOL.
Helldiver
post Jun 18 2014, 11:38 AM

Casual
460 posts

No.

Sims 4 Steelseries headset > all xD

Gonna grab it when it's out ;_;

*Big fan of Sims*
Helldiver
post Jun 28 2014, 11:17 PM

Casual
460 posts

Build a smaller room on the highest floor of your house... HD projector for your PC and every other mobile device... then 7.1 SURROUND SOUND.

Confirm aphrodisiac.

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Jun 27 2014, 04:33 PM)
If you can find it for around RM300 or less, then yes. Any higher, no.

FYI, the Superlux HD681 Evo has quite a similar sound signature to the Siberia V2 with slightly lesser body in the bass, however it is less than half the price.
I tried out the Siberia V2 that day and I honestly have to say I'm very disappointed with it lol, the sound is very bad for me @@ But the Flux is okay blink.gif
Helldiver
post Jul 3 2014, 09:38 PM

Casual
460 posts

Skullcandy like hear before oni wan O.o

Is it those fashion brands like Monster?

Monster head/earphones are actually not bad, very very nicely balanced feeling... just that because of that sound, no one should ever pay above RM100 for it lol rclxms.gif
Helldiver
post Jul 4 2014, 03:36 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(Clem1982 @ Jul 4 2014, 12:38 PM)
Hmm... most gaming headsets are over RM100 though lolz, did you manage to get decent ones that are below the Rm100 price point?
Gaming brand ones such as the Roccat Vire and CMStorm Pitch is RM99 each, with cases, extra cables and in-line microphones --I think these are very good budget buys even those who don't play games though, cheap and durable --sound I'm not sure la, but I'm expecting acceptable range.

And on Monster --yeah, they do make nice audio, but the price I feel tak betol lahhh tongue.gif
Helldiver
post Jul 4 2014, 04:02 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(Clem1982 @ Jul 4 2014, 03:55 PM)
Haven't tested the Vire or the Pitch yet but these should suffice for gamers on the go.. usually when sitting in front of the desk, most would probably prefer a proper headset

Currently testing something new from CM on the same category but the targeted audience should be the same
The Resonar? blink.gif
Helldiver
post Jul 11 2014, 10:40 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(Clem1982 @ Jul 11 2014, 10:55 AM)
Any links for this one?
Clem, when you do these reviews you should invite some of us to test also to get opinons brows.gif brows.gif *trying to get in to listen more audio gear* whistling.gif whistling.gif whistling.gif

EDIT: Saw the review of the Roccat Syva --really disappointed with the lack of case and surprisingly lacking audio quality, I had high expectations for that one.

I never used any other Roccat products before except the Arvo keyboard and the Apuri mouse bungee. Wanted to try out the Syva, but after Clem's review, better stay away haha!

@Sentinel92 add Steelseries Flux into the front page list for me biggrin.gif

... and anyone want to plan a meet up yet? blush.gif blush.gif blush.gif *shyshy*

@Clem, ever thought of using the Syva with an amplifier? It's impedance is pretty high for some gaming brand headset at 32 ohm

This post has been edited by Helldiver: Jul 11 2014, 10:45 PM
Helldiver
post Jul 16 2014, 02:29 PM

Casual
460 posts

I wouldn't say stay away, personally have used two forms of virtual surround sound: Logitech G430 and Razer's Surround Software.
I would say they're not.. "real" sound?

They definitely seem to make audio more "surround" and "immersive", but only if the game you're playing on has 5.1/7.1 support, else it gets very hollow and bad.
I tried both the surrounds on L4D2 and some movies with 5.1 audio and I can tell you, the soundstage felt wider and I felt more directions from all over the place. (But take note, Logitech's virtual surround > Razer's 20/10 times lol)

Some might argue that it's too small a space for any "surround" sound, but in the end it entirely depends on yourself also la.

In my opinion:
Unless you got the extra money for some tech swag, don't get a dedicated "surround" sound headset, just buy a normal good headset, then you can go spend an extra RM50 getting something like the Soundblaster Go's USB soundcard to try out the virtual 5.1 or just go and download Razer's surround software (if it's still free) or whatever that's similar with your stereo headset. Should work the same way smile.gif

My post so panjang, sorry ar paiseh >_<

Wah, your budget big you should go for other audio brands edi, don't need look at Astro tongue.gif

Is a built in microphone important to you or you don't mind having a separate microphone?
Helldiver
post Aug 17 2014, 02:06 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(Wan.Him @ Aug 16 2014, 11:44 AM)
u duwan sell ah urs ? haha i want to buy one also. review said that it is good with bass but not the kinda vocal thing
I happy happy using dont ask me sell tongue.gif Got extra attention when you use this summore rclxms.gif

COP is Custom One Pro is it?

If it is, I personally find it very muddy ._.
Helldiver
post Sep 15 2014, 09:43 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Sep 13 2014, 10:14 PM)
SS Flux in-ear has less bass than the Razer Adaro, but tighter and transitions into mids smoother than the Adaro. The Adaro on the other hand has more bloat, mids are quite recessed and the treble feels weak and inconsistent.
Which one is better depends on your preference.

The Flux in-ear is RM170, not RM300. The Adaro is RM300, which is just stupidly overpriced.
I think he probably meant the Flux in-ear Pro that's up to RM300+

@moron88: Don't buy the Adaro in-ears if you want something from Razer... It's exactly the same sound as the Hammerhead Pro doh.gif doh.gif which is RM219 at best price. The Adaro also don't come with an inline microphone.

But I think generally Steelseries got better audio performance than Razer wan lah smile.gif

Anyone here saw the latest Armaggeddon earphones?

I might be picking up the Nuke 7 to try try :3 Looks kewl, but dunno sound how lol
Helldiver
post Sep 19 2014, 11:31 PM

Casual
460 posts

I recently purchased the Armaggeddon Nuke 7 rclxms.gif

Here's a review based on my opinions smile.gif

user posted image
They're retailing for about RM129-RM149 (but most places will sell it at RM129).

As you guys can see in the picture, the packaging is really premium compared to a lot of other gaming peripheral branded earphones: it's just a big chunk of black foam that holds the earphones and all it's accessories, nothing is going to be damaged if you ever drop the packaging.

Speaking of contents, you'll get the following in the box:
user posted image
-Nuke 7 earphones
-Earbuds in various sizes and one with flanges
-Splitter cable into microphone & audio ports on your PC
-In-flight/Plane connector
-Carrying case
-1-Year Warranty card

user posted image

Having been quite familiar with Sonic Gear's reputation as a rather 'meh' audio company, I had very little expectations for this pair of earphones, so I was rather impressed by it.

The sound signature reminds me of the BeyerDynamic XP1 bass earphones --the highs are rather pitchy, the bass is ever present at a comfortable level (but slightly lower than the XP1), and the mids are at a rather lower level compared to the other two frequencies.

Sounds I have tested it with, and my opinions:

- Left 4 Dead 2: Gunshots, explosions and every sound with a high frequency is incredibly pitchy and gets very uncomfortable over time, and the bass seems hardly present somehow. *
- Bioshock Infinite: Similar to Left 4 Dead 2, but not as pitchy and I can hear the bass slightly better here.
- Age of Empires 3: The earphones performed very amazingly in this game, distant explosions and ambient sounds came in very clear and comfortable; even minor sounds like the workers cutting meat from an animal could be heard cleanly. Even when in the heat of battle every sound was clean.
- Various movies: Very balanced and clean sound, explosions sounded very well, bass was also very well carried over.
- Various music: Strangely enough, I feel this pair of earphones are more suited for music than gaming; bassy music really has the bass coming through; orchestral sounds come clean and crisp, although there's a minor distortion as you increase in volume; vocals also behave the same way as orchestral sounds. (I listen mostly to jazz and swing).
- Microphone is clear, pretty much like every other earphone around this price point/category.

*The BeyerDynamic XP1 Bass performs exactly the same way in L4D2 as the Nuke 7

My overall verdict?
The first thing I noticed when I held the earphones is that these feel really solid, they're heavy and very durable; made from metal or aluminium.
The pitchiness of the earphones isn't comfortable when you're playing FPS games with it, it gets very uncomfortable for long periods. Music is where this earphone seem to shine more (so much for being called the Ultimate Gaming Earphones).
Sound-stage on this earphone is fantastic, I can pinpoint music and in-game sounds very accurately; it felt really immersive.
The packaging and amount of accessories they give you is very appreciated, they're really taking care of you here.
At the price you're paying (RM129), it's really a bang for buck earphone.

Razer's Hammerhead Pro's provide a much more comfortable gaming experience with less pitchiness and more bass, but this is also subjective to each person also unsure.gif I guess you could say the Nuke 7 is more to music and the Hammerhead Pro more to games tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Helldiver: Sep 19 2014, 11:33 PM
Helldiver
post Aug 25 2015, 10:27 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(iEnzo @ Jul 14 2015, 06:28 PM)
Just get something like this.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/2579717/all (I used this soundcard for 2 years+ very good for games) I enjoyed movies and music with it too.

Get a cheap mic.

Headset try to get an audiophile headset. Cheaper ones. The gaming headset nvr last and their mic's always die. I've gone through 2 Steelseries Siberia, 1 Steelseries 7h usb, Roccat Kave 5.1.

I changed to Sennheiser hd 598 ( I've been using this for 3 years. Very good for treble but bass is lacking. For me I could live with it at that time. For gaming it rocks. Soundstage very good. But I got poisoned after listening to AKG 712 Pro haiz that thing is truly the BOMB. Need proper hardware to drive it though.) Just ordered the AKG 712 Pro for more immersion and better base.

Depends if your serious on sound or not. I'll eventually upgrade my usb soundcard to the Asus 7.1 stx soundcard.

I watch movies, music and games so for me sound is very important. Some ppl could care less.
That SS soundcard works very well kah? I always see it around, but have a lot of doubts about it sweat.gif Can give a short review on it?
Helldiver
post Oct 15 2016, 09:22 PM

Casual
460 posts

QUOTE(takeshiru @ Sep 3 2016, 07:05 PM)
Good days sifus.

Seem like the thread is quite slow. But i will try my luck in getting opinions.

I have never own a headset before either an audiophile or gaming one. My 1st time getting it. Was doing my research. Seen alot of good stuff like hyperx revolver. A50 of course. Logitech 933. All looks good but price difference. saw on youtube regarding the 933. Seem like it has poor fitting to the head. Astro looks good with a heafty price tag. Seem more worth it getting the sennheiser game one. All looks so good. But havent come down to what i need. I do play csGo often and hope to make use out of the headset i investing in. Hope its wireless and within my budget which is 700-800..

Any sifu here can throw some opinion around? I dont lean on any brands as long as its worth the money.

Thanks in advance guys appreciate it alot
With that budget and you want wireless, I guess you can go for the Logitech 933, out of all the "gaming" brands I've tried, Logitech's audio has got the best hands down.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0416sec    0.41    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:24 PM