53 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

GaMinG HeadseT Club V2

views

SSJBen
post Apr 27 2014, 03:54 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ Apr 27 2014, 02:40 PM)
I like that price drop.  drool.gif

Well, I don't really like headsets that are too analytical, flat and dry, extremely neutral or have sparkling highs. Nothing better then a warm and fun headset. For me at least. But again I need to try it all out first.  hmm.gif
OH nuuu. The K7xx is NEVER entirely neutral or overly articulate. Never!
It's extremely balanced, bass hits with plenty of body when there is bass in a track. Mids are fluid and rich with detail (though not as engaging as the HD650) and treble sparks with energy when they are told to.

I was only making a relative comparison between the K702 Annies and K712, they are really nearly identical to one another except for the slightly more fun sigature the K712 has. Something that can be easily rectified by swapping the default Annies pads for the K712. The Annies and K712 are fun headphones to listen to, very enjoyable for all types of genres and usage.

If I had to be deserted on an island with just a DAP, I'd happily take the Annies with me anyday.

P/S
Headsets = headphones with an intergrated mic.
Heapdhones = as it is, headphones by itself.

At least that's how I view them.
MuhdYusri
post Apr 27 2014, 06:56 PM

Casual
327 posts

Did anyone mentioned Steelseries 7H in the V1 thread?

Awesome gaming headset, great sound, superb comfort, clear microphone, the soundstage is not actually as wide as Sennheiser HD 555, but you can still pinpoint your enemy location through 7.1 surround sound. I must admit I'm really stupid for selling it cry.gif
TSSentinel92
post Apr 27 2014, 07:00 PM

20000% Chinaman Certified Discount Hunter.
3,573 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Apr 27 2014, 03:54 PM)
OH nuuu. The K7xx is NEVER entirely neutral or overly articulate. Never!
It's extremely balanced, bass hits with plenty of body when there is bass in a track. Mids are fluid and rich with detail (though not as engaging as the HD650) and treble sparks with energy when they are told to.

I was only making a relative comparison between the K702 Annies and K712, they are really nearly identical to one another except for the slightly more fun sigature the K712 has. Something that can be easily rectified by swapping the default Annies pads for the K712. The Annies and K712 are fun headphones to listen to, very enjoyable for all types of genres and usage.

If I had to be deserted on an island with just a DAP, I'd happily take the Annies with me anyday.

P/S
Headsets = headphones with an intergrated mic.
Heapdhones = as it is, headphones by itself.

At least that's how I view them.
Hahahahah no no no, I was saying generally. I don't like headsets which are too flat, dry and neutral or having eardrum shredding treble. Not the AKGs. laugh.gif

I will have to try the K702 and 712 myself too and see how they perform against my intended target the Alpha Dog. Huehuehue.

Boss you sure ah Tuesday boleh?
SSJBen
post Apr 27 2014, 11:13 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(MuhdYusri @ Apr 27 2014, 06:56 PM)
Did anyone mentioned Steelseries 7H in the V1 thread?

Awesome gaming headset, great sound, superb comfort, clear microphone, the soundstage is not actually as wide as Sennheiser HD 555, but you can still pinpoint your enemy location through 7.1 surround sound. I must admit I'm really stupid for selling it  cry.gif
Given that it is a closed-ear headset, it has fairly decent imaging. The CAL! has better sense of depth though, airier and is more immersive than the 7H.

The deal breaker of the 7H? It breaks all the time.
Just look at the amount of complaints from it. doh.gif

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ Apr 27 2014, 07:00 PM)
Hahahahah no no no, I was saying generally. I don't like headsets which are too flat, dry and neutral or having eardrum shredding treble. Not the AKGs. laugh.gif

I will have to try the K702 and 712 myself too and see how they perform against my intended target the Alpha Dog. Huehuehue.

Boss you sure ah Tuesday boleh?
Expecting the Annies to be airier FWIR, with more lush mids. Otherwise, I think the Alpha Dogs might just beat the Annies on refinement alone.

Most probably fine for this Tuesday, though not sure yet at the same time. I'll drop you a PM tomorrow.
Yagami5159
post Apr 28 2014, 05:05 PM

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT
1,120 posts

Well it was fun while it last, HD681EVO rubber headband snaps, is there any work around for this?
Clem1982
post Apr 28 2014, 05:11 PM

Just Helping Out ^^
8,746 posts

Add me as well?? Turtle Beach X31 tongue.gif
TSSentinel92
post Apr 28 2014, 05:44 PM

3,573 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Apr 27 2014, 11:13 PM)
Expecting the Annies to be airier FWIR, with more lush mids. Otherwise, I think the Alpha Dogs might just beat the Annies on refinement alone.

Most probably fine for this Tuesday, though not sure yet at the same time. I'll drop you a PM tomorrow.
We will wait till Tuesday to test it side by side hahah. But if you can't make it let me know early.

QUOTE(Yagami5159 @ Apr 28 2014, 05:05 PM)
Well it was fun while it last, HD681EVO rubber headband snaps, is there any work around for this?
Doesnt Superlux have a local distro you can turn to?

QUOTE(Clem1982 @ Apr 28 2014, 05:11 PM)
Add me as well?? Turtle Beach X31 tongue.gif

Sure thing boss!
Yagami5159
post Apr 28 2014, 06:07 PM

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS SHIT
1,120 posts

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ Apr 28 2014, 06:44 PM)
Doesnt Superlux have a local distro you can turn to?
Sure thing boss!
Superlux have local distro? The con about superlux is the warranty, only cover 2 weeks after that is repair only. :/

I bought it from Zavier18, already pm him though, waiting for his reply.
TSSentinel92
post Apr 28 2014, 06:21 PM

3,573 posts

QUOTE(Yagami5159 @ Apr 28 2014, 06:07 PM)
Superlux have local distro? The con about superlux is the warranty, only cover 2 weeks after that is repair only. :/
Hey, it's cheap as hell, whaddya expect. Hahaha.

Who did you get it from? Maybe can ask them for help?

QUOTE(Yagami5159 @ Apr 28 2014, 07:05 PM)
I bought it from Zavier18, already pm him though, waiting for his reply.
Hopefully it'll get resolved soon.

Couldn't help myself. Going to try the Alpha Dogs now. brows.gif

Edit:

Okay report time.

1. Alpha Dogs
Solid precise bass. Very meaty lower end which gives frequencies between bass and mids very nice depth. The mid's itself,very very lush, forward without being annoying. Female voices sound so Damn sexy. Nice. Non sparkling highs.

Tested it against the Shure SRH1540, which was more sharp, clear, but loses in the mids, bass and soundstage department. Sounded close and forward by comparison.

user posted image

THEN I MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE. Going to Jaben right after. cry.gif

2. JVC DX2000.
I use to think it's neutral by after the Alpha Dogs it has a V shape I never realised. The mids sounded recessed by comparison. Bass is as good as Alphas though. Not as tight and controlled, but bigger solid punch (not the boomy kind)

3. Fostex TH900.
Oh Lord. The bass. The EPIC bass. Such beautiful sharp yet clear mids. Wonderful treble. Best treble I've ever heard. And of course, the price.

user posted image

SO MUCH REGRET. SSJBen
But I'll think I'll get the Alpha and the Fostex HP-V1 Amplifier. Beast of an amp.
wira_laju
post Apr 28 2014, 07:27 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

uitt..my seller say,it come with 1 year warranty.if any problem send to him.
SSJBen
post May 1 2014, 01:02 AM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

I think the Magni doesn't do the Alpha Dogs justice. The HP-V1 is a sick amp though.

Told you so on the TH900, now you understand why I had such an insane impulse buy on that? Forget Alpha Dogs lah, get TH900 only. whistling.gif
TSSentinel92
post May 1 2014, 01:06 AM

3,573 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 1 2014, 01:02 AM)
I think the Magni doesn't do the Alpha Dogs justice. The HP-V1 is a sick amp though.

Told you so on the TH900, now you understand why I had such an insane impulse buy on that? Forget Alpha Dogs lah, get TH900 only. whistling.gif
Yeah the Magni was struggling. I think the HP V1 and the Alpha will be my current endgame.

You nuts? It's three times the price. THREE TIMES. I tried it with lower end amps, bUT with the HP V1 I could only stand for 15 seconds. Any longer and my self restraint would crumble. It was THAT good. I'm hearing things even the Alphas, Beyer T5P, HD700 wasn't showing. rclxub.gif
SSJBen
post May 1 2014, 01:18 AM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ May 1 2014, 01:06 AM)
Yeah the Magni was struggling. I think the HP V1 and the Alpha will be my current endgame.

You nuts? It's three times the price. THREE TIMES. I tried it with lower end amps, bUT with the HP V1 I could only stand for 15 seconds. Any longer and my self restraint would crumble. It was THAT good. I'm hearing things even the Alphas, Beyer T5P, HD700 wasn't showing.  rclxub.gif
Alpha Dogs + HPV1 sounds like a legit choice.
Then maybe in the future you know, your ears itch and you get the TH900 out of no where. I think now I've gotta go listen to the HPV1 myself, I don't even consider it a portable amp anymore at this point. Fostex should have just made it a full desktop amp instead.

How much is the HPV1 going for?

You're giving me the itch to re-buy my TH900... and then proceed to some mods.

I regreted back then on not switching to angled pads and recabling the stock cable (which was slightly high in impedance). So the TH900 is near perfect for a closed headphone, but it has this minor niggling things that could be done to make it better.

Lawton Audio does some mods for the TH900, not the best but they're still good - http://www.lawtonaudio.com/page68.html
TSSentinel92
post May 1 2014, 01:31 AM

3,573 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 1 2014, 01:18 AM)
Alpha Dogs + HPV1 sounds like a legit choice.
Then maybe in the future you know, your ears itch and you get the TH900 out of no where. I think now I've gotta go listen to the HPV1 myself, I don't even consider it a portable amp anymore at this point. Fostex should have just made it a full desktop amp instead.

How much is the HPV1 going for?
Yup, both are of similar price range. Plus both add up to pretty much the price of the DX2000 I was going for originally. So good deal.

That one future we let it be lah. By the time get Fostex TH900 I would have gotten a Grace Design m920. brows.gif drool.gif

Yeah bro, pick your favorite song, plus the HPV1. Let the TH900 rip. And get sent straight to nirvana. Let me know when you wanna go. It's at NuSentral only.

RM2199. Of course being loyal jaben customer that I am, sure got discount lah.

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 1 2014, 04:32 PM)
You're giving me the itch to re-buy my TH900... and then proceed to some mods.

I regreted back then on not switching to angled pads and recabling the stock cable (which was slightly high in impedance). So the TH900 is near perfect for a closed headphone, but it has this minor niggling things that could be done to make it better.

Lawton Audio does some mods for the TH900, not the best but they're still good - http://www.lawtonaudio.com/page68.html
@.@ those mods are gonna cost an absolute Shit ton.

Me jelly. I can't even afford a single TH900. cry.gif cry.gif
SSJBen
post May 1 2014, 09:55 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ May 1 2014, 06:38 PM)
@.@ those mods are gonna cost an absolute Shit ton.

Me jelly. I can't even afford a single TH900.  cry.gif  cry.gif
You'll get it sooner rather than later.
When are you getting your Alpha Dogs?
TSSentinel92
post May 1 2014, 10:09 PM

3,573 posts

QUOTE(SSJBen @ May 1 2014, 09:55 PM)
You'll get it sooner rather than later.
When are you getting your Alpha Dogs?
Not now lah. Maybe in two months time when I finish my exams and my rig. Plus I need to order anyways since E1 has no ready stock except for the demo set. And plan for that epic amp too.
Minecrafter
post May 2 2014, 09:23 PM

ROCK N ROLL STAR
5,043 posts

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ Apr 30 2014, 03:35 PM)
Couldn't help myself. Going to try the Alpha Dogs now. brows.gif

Edit:

Okay report time.

1. Alpha Dogs
Solid precise bass. Very meaty lower end which gives frequencies between bass and mids very nice depth. The mid's itself,very very lush, forward without being annoying. Female voices sound so Damn sexy. Nice. Non sparkling highs.

Tested it against the Shure SRH1540, which was more sharp, clear, but loses in the mids, bass and soundstage department. Sounded close and forward by comparison.

user posted image

THEN I MADE THE BIGGEST MISTAKE. Going to Jaben right after.  cry.gif

2. JVC DX2000.
I use to think it's neutral by after the Alpha Dogs it has a V shape I never realised. The mids sounded recessed by comparison. Bass is as good as Alphas though. Not as tight and controlled, but bigger solid punch (not the boomy kind)

3. Fostex TH900.
Oh Lord. The bass. The EPIC bass. Such beautiful sharp yet clear mids. Wonderful treble. Best treble I've ever heard. And of course, the price.

user posted image

SO MUCH REGRET. SSJBen
But I'll think I'll get the Alpha and the Fostex HP-V1 Amplifier. Beast of an amp.
Meh,i don't understand those headsets with amps,makes me think it's the "Out Of This World" kind of Headsets.. biggrin.gif
SSJBen
post May 3 2014, 05:08 PM

Stars deez nuts.
4,477 posts

QUOTE(Helldiver @ May 2 2014, 04:26 PM)
@@ This thread like becoming audiophile thread
Perhaps.

But we're just trying to bring better audio to gamers. It's just so, so, sad to see gamers being short-changed for amount of crap so many gaming manufacturers make these days.
These gaming companies are getting better, which is a good thing. But they are still far from being worth the price they are asking for.

QUOTE(bl@ze @ May 2 2014, 10:13 PM)
Am I the only one that gets turned on by the TH900's earcups..looks so silky smooth you can swim in it haha..
Yes they are a beauty alright. That Urushi lacquer, just stunning stuff.
t3chn0m4nc3r
post May 5 2014, 03:27 PM

Teh Necron Lord
4,139 posts

Just wanna share a recent experience.

I dunno if anybody noticed but I saw All IT selling Creative F4tal1ty gaming headset MKII for RM49.90, Tactic3D Sigma and Alpha for RM199. I was tempted to buy the MKII but ended up getting the Sigma instead. I'm not an audiophille and I dunno how to tell the diff between a senheiser and a Sonic Gear just by hearing them. But on my purchase of the Sigma, I totally for the 1st time realized how crappy Sonic Gear and the likes and built-in Realtek sound really are. I get a feeling I may wanna try the Aurvanna in the future... LOL laugh.gif
TSSentinel92
post May 5 2014, 06:34 PM

3,573 posts

QUOTE(Helldiver @ May 2 2014, 04:26 PM)
@@ This thread like becoming audiophile thread
Hey, we are using it for gamong also right? Hahaha.

But it's more of new subs are rare. Despite the old thread hitting 35K posts, remember it was 6 years old. Most threads takes 4 months plus tops to hit 25K.

QUOTE(bl@ze @ May 2 2014, 10:13 PM)
Am I the only one that gets turned on by the TH900's earcups..looks so silky smooth you can swim in it haha..
Oh I was swimming in it when i auditioned it alright. Hahaha.

QUOTE(t3chn0m4nc3r @ May 5 2014, 03:27 PM)
Just wanna share a recent experience.

I dunno if anybody noticed but I saw All IT selling Creative F4tal1ty gaming headset MKII for RM49.90, Tactic3D Sigma and Alpha for RM199. I was tempted to buy the MKII but ended up getting the Sigma instead. I'm not an audiophille and I dunno how to tell the diff between a senheiser and a Sonic Gear just by hearing them. But on my purchase of the Sigma, I totally for the 1st time realized how crappy Sonic Gear and the likes and built-in Realtek sound really are. I get a feeling I may wanna try the Aurvanna in the future... LOL laugh.gif
Hahahah. Sonic Gear has always been making crappy stuff. Once bought a cheap headset from them 6 years ago. Damn thing spoilt right after I opened it. I mean, c'mon. After that day I swore to never touch Sonic Gear again.

You can always start slow though. Try brands like Superlux or even Shures which they have models around 200-350 (SRH240 and SRH440) which makes perfectly good yet for value headsets. smile.gif

Also, differentiating between headsets takes time and experience. You'll have to fully understand a headset, it's characteristics, it's sound signature, before you can truly compare with another. But no worries, we can help you out here

Getting the Audeze LCD2 and Continental V3 amp. Already got my hands on a Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo -DB.

This is not gonna end well for me.

53 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:05 PM