Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> GaMinG HeadseT Club V2

Helldiver
post Apr 25 2014, 01:13 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Add me to the list biggrin.gif I using Denon AH-D400

Frankly, the best headphone out there is the one the listener likes best, it could cost RM30 or RM3000, regardless.

Anyway, back to gaming soundstage: Razer's Hammerhead Pro does a good job at it too. tongue.gif
And personally I test gaming headsets with L4D2 and Bioshock Infinite biggrin.gif

Sentinel, add in the Razer at the list for me --forgot earlier haha

Woi, I also used to use Logitech G430 tongue.gif
Skidd Chung
post Apr 25 2014, 01:25 PM

Casual

Reporting for duty.

But wah now all the sifu sudah keluar with high end stuff ahaha. I think suddenly a lot of people worry to sound noob if they suggest Razer headsets. biggrin.gif

I think hard to subject gaming headphones/headsets to ranking unless it's associated with budget.

Sentinel92
post Apr 25 2014, 01:38 PM

20000% Chinaman Certified Discount Hunter.
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(bl@ze @ Apr 25 2014, 01:51 AM)
My actual pc still havent completed until now loool..Bitspower took their sweet time today only sending the parts..

Only reason I'm selling the mining rigs is to buy ASICs hehe..
Bitspower? I think its Cyntrix taking their time. You could have easily gotten a crap ton of Bitspower stuff from Frozencpu or PerformancePC within two weeks or way less.

ASICs? Guess those are more efficient. Can I pinjam one? Tee hee.

But meh, you got the HD800. So hooray!

QUOTE(Helldiver @ Apr 25 2014, 01:13 PM)
Add me to the list biggrin.gif I using Denon AH-D400
Wokay boss! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Skidd Chung @ Apr 25 2014, 01:25 PM)
Reporting for duty.

But wah now all the sifu sudah keluar with high end stuff ahaha. I think suddenly a lot of people worry to sound noob if they suggest Razer headsets.  biggrin.gif

I think hard to subject gaming headphones/headsets to ranking unless it's associated with budget.
Ah Sifu Skidd. Welcome. rclxms.gif

Nah, it's all based on budget man. We can recommend end game headsets but if his budget is RM100-200 then no point.

Well, it'll be based on value I guess. Budget against performance. Like I said a cheap headset may perform better value wise against something twice its cost.
Skidd Chung
post Apr 25 2014, 02:06 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ Apr 25 2014, 01:38 PM)
Wokay boss! biggrin.gif
Ah Sifu Skidd. Welcome.  rclxms.gif

Nah, it's all based on budget man. We can recommend end game headsets but if his budget is RM100-200 then no point.

Well, it'll be based on value I guess. Budget against performance. Like I said a cheap headset may perform better value wise against something twice its cost.
Please la, I am not a sifu. Still noob with limited budget. Embarrassed coz I still learning how to hear the diff in sounds and only experience limited sets of headphone. Later people call me a fraud if I pretend to be sifu. sweat.gif

But I really like to read about other peoples experience on audiophile headphones compared with gaming headsets in games. Since this thread caters more to gamer, I think more emphasis should be on quality headphones that can enhance the gaming experience.

Kind of hard to debate on value on such a subjective obsession. However I feel a lot of the sifus here got a lot of experience with diff headphones to provide a good mixture of what is expected of a headphone for it's asking price.

Edit:

Was trying to figure out what is the best games, genres, etc to test a headphone. Preferably something accessible like a Free to Play game or game demo where people can experiment with sound to 'review' their headphones. At least if we can get a list of benchmark games or demo, we have a common point to compare the differences in headphones.

Only demo I can think of is Half Life 2 : Lost Coast because it should be available for everyone though it is considered very old already, maybe 10 years.

This post has been edited by Skidd Chung: Apr 25 2014, 02:14 PM
Sentinel92
post Apr 25 2014, 02:39 PM

QUOTE(Skidd Chung @ Apr 25 2014, 02:06 PM)
Please la, I am not a sifu. Still noob with limited budget. Embarrassed coz I still learning how to hear the diff in sounds and only experience limited sets of headphone. Later people call me a fraud if I pretend to be sifu.  sweat.gif

But I really like to read about other peoples experience on audiophile headphones compared with gaming headsets in games. Since this thread caters more to gamer, I think more emphasis should be on quality headphones that can enhance the gaming experience.

Kind of hard to debate on value on such a subjective obsession. However I feel a lot of the sifus here got a lot of experience with diff headphones to provide a good mixture of what is expected of a headphone for it's asking price.

Edit:

Was trying to figure out what is the best games, genres, etc to test a headphone. Preferably something accessible like a Free to Play game or game demo where people can experiment with sound to 'review' their headphones. At least if we can get a list of benchmark games or demo, we have a common point to compare the differences in headphones.

Only demo I can think of is Half Life 2 : Lost Coast because it should be available for everyone though it is considered very old already, maybe 10 years.
Sifu to me. Haha. I also got tons more to learn headphone wise. Haven't tried out so many models. cry.gif

Yeah that's why I said emphasis on soundstaging, width and the ability to play multiple genres. Meaning you can hear footsteps at precise directions, hear thumping explosions when you need to, or sharp gunfire. Not easy to fond headsets that balances it like this.

And we'll, yeah like you said, we are here to discuss. Thats what's this thread is for. When we have unanimous decision we place it on the chart. Maybe I should start nightly discussion topic about a random headset everyone likes.

As for that, I don't know. Halo comes to mind. Especially with the epic soundtracks and multiple types of weapons. Haha. It doesn't have to be legally free. Heheh.
SSJBen
post Apr 25 2014, 03:33 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Skidd Chung @ Apr 25 2014, 01:25 PM)
Reporting for duty.

But wah now all the sifu sudah keluar with high end stuff ahaha. I think suddenly a lot of people worry to sound noob if they suggest Razer headsets.  biggrin.gif

True, when there's no given budget it is hard to recommend something. Just the same like recommending a rig.

A lot of new headphone users tend ot always ask the same question: "can recommend best headset for gaming?".
Yes indeed everyone can recommend something, but can the person buy it?

I'll try to come up with a list over the weekend as a guideline.

Oh and those who always think that Astro makes the best gaming headsets around, no they don't. They're decent indeed and they have a place in the market, but with how much they charge for their headsets they could easily improve on how they sound.

QUOTE(Skidd Chung @ Apr 25 2014, 02:06 PM)
Please la, I am not a sifu. Still noob with limited budget. Embarrassed coz I still learning how to hear the diff in sounds and only experience limited sets of headphone. Later people call me a fraud if I pretend to be sifu.  sweat.gif

Edit:

Indeed. Unlike recommending a PC rig, headphones are just way more subjective.
Personal taste is so important and this goes out to everyone: find someone that has similar tastes to you and see what he says about the headphones he may have tried that you have an interest on.

It depends, I believe there are 2 groups to gamers now a days. One that plays competitively and one that plays for fun in as immersive an environment as possible.

It's extremely difficult to get the best of both worlds, the HD800 may be the king of soundstage but it is far from being the best in immersion and fun. To me the HD800 is too analytical for my liking, too articulate and lacks warmth. On the other hand, fun headphones like the TH600, TH900, D7000, HE-400, Fidelio X1, Audeze LCD-2 and Ultrasone Pro 900 are all just amazing when playing single-player games. It's eargasm at its finest, but at no point are they at a godlike level of soundstage in comparison to the AD700, K702 Annies, Q701, or Sony MA900.

I haven't found a best blend of both worlds (the K712 comes really close) so I've learned to live with the compromises. I have an X1 and an AKG Annies, I use the Annies when I play competitively and listen to music. But at no point that I wouldn't use the X1 to play competitively if I don't have access to the Annies at a given time. Heck, I still use my HD558 for single-player games from time to time.

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ Apr 25 2014, 02:39 PM)
Sifu to me. Haha. I also got tons more to learn headphone wise. Haven't tried out so many models.  cry.gif

Yeah that's why I said emphasis on soundstaging, width and the ability to play multiple genres. Meaning you can hear footsteps at precise directions, hear thumping explosions when you need to, or sharp gunfire. Not easy to fond headsets that balances it like this.

And we'll, yeah like you said, we are here to discuss. Thats what's this thread is for. When we have unanimous decision we place it on the chart. Maybe I should start nightly discussion topic about a random headset everyone likes.

As for that, I don't know. Halo comes to mind. Especially with the epic soundtracks and multiple types of weapons. Haha. It doesn't have to be legally free. Heheh.
I think good games to test out competitively are those still using OpenAL. Unfortunately, those games are like a golden mine now a days and does take quite a bit of tinkering with .ini files and hex registries to work.
Mirror's Edge and L4D (the first one) are generally the go-to standard testing these days for positional accuracy.

However majority of games now a days has pre-baked sound effects. Blame consoles and blame Vista for the death of hardware audio support (though it's sorta back now in Win 8/8.1).
I know people play lots of COD and BF, many tend to take these games as the benchmark of whether a headphone/headset sounds good or not. But the problem that many don't realize is that COD and BF has some of the worst pre-mixing in modern FPS shooters.

But yeah, no two ways about it until either the devs for either franchise start doing something about it.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Apr 25 2014, 03:34 PM
Skidd Chung
post Apr 25 2014, 04:35 PM

Casual

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Apr 25 2014, 03:33 PM)
True, when there's no given budget it is hard to recommend something. Just the same like recommending a rig.

A lot of new headphone users tend ot always ask the same question: "can recommend best headset for gaming?".
Yes indeed everyone can recommend something, but can the person buy it?

I'll try to come up with a list over the weekend as a guideline.
Awesome! I think with your experience and knowledge, it easier for you to at least narrow down a few that is worth purchasing.

Oh and those who always think that Astro makes the best gaming headsets around, no they don't. They're decent indeed and they have a place in the market, but with how much they charge for their headsets they could easily improve on how they sound.
Indeed. Unlike recommending a PC rig, headphones are just way more subjective.
Personal taste is so important and this goes out to everyone: find someone that has similar tastes to you and see what he says about the headphones he may have tried that you have an interest on.

It depends, I believe there are 2 groups to gamers now a days. One that plays competitively and one that plays for fun in as immersive an environment as possible.

It's extremely difficult to get the best of both worlds, the HD800 may be the king of soundstage but it is far from being the best in immersion and fun. To me the HD800 is too analytical for my liking, too articulate and lacks warmth. On the other hand, fun headphones like the TH600, TH900, D7000, HE-400, Fidelio X1, Audeze LCD-2 and Ultrasone Pro 900 are all just amazing when playing single-player games. It's eargasm at its finest, but at no point are they at a godlike level of soundstage in comparison to the AD700, K702 Annies, Q701, or Sony MA900.

I haven't found a best blend of both worlds (the K712 comes really close) so I've learned to live with the compromises. I have an X1 and an AKG Annies, I use the Annies when I play competitively and listen to music. But at no point that I wouldn't use the X1 to play competitively if I don't have access to the Annies at a given time. Heck, I still use my HD558 for single-player games from time to time.
In terms of competitive I assume you're talking about FPS games where the ability to pin-point location of the sound of gun-fire, foot-steps etc. is more important than the sound of the gushing wind in open areas. Used to think that was all that mattered when choosing a gaming headphone.

And exactly like you said, some gamers want more immersiveness from the environment of their game. Not just footsteps or location by sound. I more or less figured you can't have the best of both worlds which is why it gives me reason to buy more than 2 headphones . thumbup.gif

Example I tried the ATH-AD700 before, it was great but I couldn't help notice it missed something when I played songs I like. At last settled for the closed version A700 because it sounded better for my ears and had enough bass for me. So even thought the open AD700 was the headphone of choice for games like CS:GO, I rather a bassier version A700 which is still great for CS:GO but at least covers more areas of my interest like music and other games in other genres.

I think good games to test out competitively are those still using OpenAL. Unfortunately, those games are like a golden mine now a days and does take quite a bit of tinkering with .ini files and hex registries to work.
Mirror's Edge and L4D (the first one) are generally the go-to standard testing these days for positional accuracy.

However majority of games now a days has pre-baked sound effects. Blame consoles and blame Vista for the death of hardware audio support (though it's sorta back now in Win 8/8.1).
I know people play lots of COD and BF, many tend to take these games as the benchmark of whether a headphone/headset sounds good or not. But the problem that many don't realize is that COD and BF has some of the worst pre-mixing in modern FPS shooters.

But yeah, no two ways about it until either the devs for either franchise start doing something about it.
I think most gaming headset review used the latest games since a lot of their target audience can relate to it. But yeah, I don't think games like BF3 are accurate to test positional awareness although it is better than COD I believe.

However I find most reviews of headphones do not use same benchmarks or standards when it comes to compare music. I believe this is because of their listening preference and the subjectivity of the experience. Which is why the scientific reviews using audio recording tools are still more trusted since it has actual data to be crunched.

On top of that, different reviewers use different amps, DACs, cables etc. Some reviewers use diffe equipment for diff headphones, so now their previous reviews based on other equipment are not comparable. So even in terms of hardware, there is no agreement.

At least for other PC hardware, there is a consensus of using FPS at diff resolution, graphic settings etc. to measure the ability of the object under review.

Which is why, I feel as gamers, we should have a common readily available demo or Free game can be used as a benchmark for us to compare. In my opinion anyway.

SSJBen
post Apr 25 2014, 07:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Skidd Chung @ Apr 25 2014, 04:35 PM)
Awesome! I think with your experience and knowledge, it easier for you to at least narrow down a few that is worth purchasing.
In terms of competitive I assume you're talking about FPS games where the ability to pin-point location of the sound of gun-fire, foot-steps etc. is more important than the sound of the gushing wind in open areas. Used to think that was all that mattered when choosing a gaming headphone.

And exactly like you said, some gamers want more immersiveness from the environment of their game. Not just footsteps or location by sound. I more or less figured you can't have the best of both worlds which is why it gives me reason to buy more than 2 headphones .  thumbup.gif 

Example I tried the ATH-AD700 before, it was great but I couldn't help notice it missed something when I played songs I like. At last settled for the closed version A700 because it sounded better for my ears and had enough bass for me. So even thought the open AD700 was the headphone of choice for games like CS:GO, I rather a bassier version A700 which is still great for CS:GO but at least covers more areas of my interest like music and other games in other genres.
I think most gaming headset review used the latest games since a lot of their target audience can relate to it. But yeah, I don't think games like BF3 are accurate to test positional awareness although it is better than COD I believe.

However I find most reviews of headphones do not use same benchmarks or standards when it comes to compare music. I believe this is because of their listening preference and the subjectivity of the experience. Which is why the scientific reviews using audio recording tools are still more trusted since it has actual data to be crunched.

On top of that, different reviewers use different amps, DACs, cables etc. Some reviewers use diffe equipment for diff headphones, so now their previous reviews based on other equipment are not comparable. So even in terms of hardware, there is no agreement. 

At least for other PC hardware, there is a consensus of using FPS at diff resolution, graphic settings etc. to measure the ability of the object under review.

Which is why, I feel as gamers, we should have a common readily available demo or Free game can be used as a benchmark for us to compare. In my opinion anyway.
Yes, by competitive I'm talking about FPS games where positional accuracy is critical. Location is important, but the sense of distance is equally as important too.
There are headphones with amazingly wide soundstage, but its imaging is lacking due to poor seperation of the highs and mids.

Yeah the AD700 was so popular back in the day (still is) for CS 1.6. Too bad it is so bass shy and I personally never liked that "3D-wing" headband design, needed the rubberband mod to actually keep it from sliding off my head. The obvious upgrade from the AD700 is the AKG Q701 though.

Speaking of gaming headset reviews, the one problem with the majority of these reviews is that the reviewer does not elaborate enough on the different parts of how a headset does. More often than not, there's a 4 paragraph long praise on the design and boasting its specs, features, all of which are minor little things.
Then when it's time to talk about sound quality, it is like 3 lines long and... that's it? I'm inclined to believe that these reviewers do not know enough to review audio hardware.

As for different amps or DACs, what you say is true. But sometimes the change is needed, due to the fact that not all amps sing properly with certain headphones or vice versa with DACs. I try to always use the most popular amp/DAC setup which is widely available and affodable enough to test headphones. This way I can relay a consistent opinion and talk more about the headphone itself instead of other sources affecting its signature.

However many times, I run into issues like oh it's not that the amp doesn't have enough power, but it might just be too warm or neutral or there's a lack of synergy with the corresponding DAC. That's the reason why many veteran audiophile reviewers do not stick to one setup, they pick one which they think wouldn't alter the signature of a headphone as much as possible (which they can tell because of their experience) and then do the evaluation.

Indeed, free games as a benchmark will be great. But audio development is expensive and you know, the reason we haven't seen a single free game that sounds good is because, they're free.

Aune X1 Pro at Massdrop, $160 if there are more than 50 commited buyers by next week. Good deal.

AND~

Speaking of the devil, the Fostex TH600 is on Massdrop for $630.
Minecrafter
post Apr 25 2014, 10:51 PM

They know me for my 1 taps.

Ayee Liverpool fan,here's mine.Took the picture of it about a month ago. tongue.gif Edited with Twitter effects. biggrin.gif

Logitech G230 <3

If you wanna know my experience with it,let me know.. wink.gif

Btw..i'm the first Logitech User in this thread suckas!!! biggrin.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Minecrafter: Apr 25 2014, 10:54 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Sentinel92
post Apr 25 2014, 10:58 PM

Seeing this thread grow brings a tear to my eye. :')

And HHHHHHHHGGGGGGGNNNNN DEM MASS DROP DEALS.

QUOTE(Minecrafter @ Apr 25 2014, 10:51 PM)
Ayee Liverpool fan,here's mine.Took the picture of it about a month ago. tongue.gif Edited with Twitter effects. biggrin.gif

Logitech G230 <3

If you wanna know my experience with it,let me know.. wink.gif

Btw..i'm the first Logitech User in this thread suckas!!! biggrin.gif  laugh.gif
There was users before you but the list is so old I deleted it. tongue.gif

I think I'm in deep Shit.

SSJBen look at this TEMPTATION
Minecrafter
post Apr 25 2014, 11:01 PM

They know me for my 1 taps.

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ Apr 25 2014, 10:58 PM)
There was users before you but the list is so old I deleted it. tongue.gif
But I'm proud to be the first in this version...or should i say.."Sentinel Version"? laugh.gif cool2.gif

QUOTE(Helldiver @ Apr 26 2014, 01:00 AM)
Woi, I also used to use Logitech G430 tongue.gif
I went for the G230 during the Malaysia IT Fair in Mid Valley around the late August-to-first week of September last year..nego2 and bought it for RM185...at the same time also bought a mouse. biggrin.gif brows.gif brows.gif

I nearly went for G430,but oh well,my money are well spent. icon_rolleyes.gif nod.gif
SSJBen
post Apr 26 2014, 01:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ Apr 26 2014, 01:07 AM)
I think I'm in deep Shit.

SSJBen look at this TEMPTATION
Hmmm... $485 for a 4 month old HD650 + Vali + Modi?
I'd say it's a good deal.

But oi, you already set to buy Alpha Dogs this Tuesday, so forget it. whistling.gif

Well, just keep an eye out on the K712 for whoever is interested. I expect it to drop in price soon, perhaps closer to the $330-$350 range.

I do think the K712 is a great headphone though, I'm using the K702 Annies however. But I do think the K712's pads (thicker than the K702) does add a little bit of bass bloat, I mean the Annies are just so nicely balanced already and that switch to the K712's pads sort of makes it a little more 'fun' to listen to, but less analytical.

This post has been edited by SSJBen: Apr 26 2014, 01:16 AM
kenysl
post Apr 26 2014, 07:38 AM

Foodie

Maybe should add a ELI5 audio terms dictionary to the first post so newcomers like me can understand laugh.gif
Sentinel92
post Apr 26 2014, 03:08 PM

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Apr 26 2014, 01:16 AM)
Hmmm... $485 for a 4 month old HD650 + Vali + Modi?
I'd say it's a good deal.

But oi, you already set to buy Alpha Dogs this Tuesday, so forget it.  whistling.gif
It's an insane deal. Shite man. So tempting.

Eh dunno yet lah. Haven't tried yet. Hehehe. Maybe go crazy and end up with TH900. tongue.gif

QUOTE(kenysl @ Apr 26 2014, 07:38 AM)
Maybe should add a ELI5 audio terms dictionary to the first post so newcomers like me can understand laugh.gif
You mean that Reddit Explain in 5 Mins thingamajig? Probably would be useful. rclxms.gif thumbup.gif
kenysl
post Apr 26 2014, 08:06 PM

Foodie

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ Apr 26 2014, 03:08 PM)
You mean that Reddit Explain in 5 Mins thingamajig? Probably would be useful.  rclxms.gif  thumbup.gif
actually is Explain Like I'm 5
but closeenough.jpg laugh.gif
Sentinel92
post Apr 26 2014, 10:42 PM

QUOTE(kenysl @ Apr 26 2014, 08:06 PM)
actually is Explain Like I'm 5
but closeenough.jpg laugh.gif
Half the explanations there are beyond the comprehension of a 5 year old. Hahaha. But yeah it has some useful stuff. Added two articles in the front. Let me know if you find any good ones. rclxms.gif

QUOTE(bl@ze @ Apr 26 2014, 09:52 PM)
Have you guys read the thread on Mad Lust Envy's gaming headphones roundup on head-fi?
It's more console-focused but some good info there too.
I'm not sure if we can link to other forums here though :S
Eh chill lah no issue one. Share the link here. Always look forward to reading mass reviews for true comparisons.
bl@ze
post Apr 26 2014, 11:19 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Sentinel92 @ Apr 26 2014, 10:42 PM)
Eh chill lah no issue one. Share the link here. Always look forward to reading mass reviews for true comparisons.
Here's the link. For a newbie to gaming headphones i learned a lot reading this
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-e...pro-added-edits

He reviewed the Alpha Dogs too, might be worth a read bro brows.gif

Am I the only one that gets turned on by the TH900's earcups..looks so silky smooth you can swim in it haha..

This post has been edited by bl@ze: Apr 26 2014, 11:37 PM
Sentinel92
post Apr 27 2014, 12:13 AM

QUOTE(bl@ze @ Apr 26 2014, 11:19 PM)
Here's the link. For a newbie to gaming headphones i learned a lot reading this
http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-e...pro-added-edits

He reviewed the Alpha Dogs too, might be worth a read bro  brows.gif
Daaaaamn clever ah you cari ada alpha dogs. Hahaha.

Good nice concise review. Really wanna try the AKG 712 though. Jaben never had a demo whenever I was there. Maybe E1 will have it when I go on Tuesday.

Helldiver
post Apr 27 2014, 12:48 PM

Casual

Nah, drillz of my Hammerhead Pro

user posted image

tongue.gif I wan show off mainstream sikit tongue.gif

And just a short description of the sound:

Music wise: Best way to describe it is that it gives a very warm tone over less BASS-DROP-DESTROY-SHATTER-YOUR-BONES songs, such as vocal-focused songs or ballads; I find it works very well with jazz music, good bass and warm highs and mids. If you listen to EDMs or those very bass heavy songs, prepare Panadol rclxub.gif

Game wise: Soundstage is pretty good to me, (tested with Sudden Attack (free MMOFPS), L4D2 (haven't tried with Razer's Surround Sound software yet) and Bioshock Infinite) I can tell where everything is very well, footsteps, drops, bombs, weapon changing of my opponents, their reloads. For something so small the soundstage is quite impressive rclxms.gif Explosions and all that effects and dialogues also sound very nice on the Hammerhead Pro, as what you would expect: the bass really kicks in the BOOOOOOOOOOOOMS flex.gif

The microphone also works pretty well, but sometimes I make phone calls with my phone people can't hear me quite well; Skype works flawlessly though.

I find its much better sounding that other Razer headphones like the Kraken or Electra. smile.gif

@@ This thread like becoming audiophile thread
Sentinel92
post Apr 27 2014, 02:40 PM

QUOTE(SSJBen @ Apr 27 2014, 03:39 AM)
Well, just keep an eye out on the K712 for whoever is interested. I expect it to drop in price soon, perhaps closer to the $330-$350 range.

I do think the K712 is a great headphone though, I'm using the K702 Annies however. But I do think the K712's pads (thicker than the K702) does add a little bit of bass bloat, I mean the Annies are just so nicely balanced already and that switch to the K712's pads sort of makes it a little more 'fun' to listen to, but less analytical.
I like that price drop. drool.gif

Well, I don't really like headsets that are too analytical, flat and dry, extremely neutral or have sparkling highs. Nothing better then a warm and fun headset. For me at least. But again I need to try it all out first. hmm.gif

47 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1136sec    5.81    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th August 2018 - 04:56 PM